Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2021, 09:01 AM   #21421

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Darn phone, fast recovery, LOL
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2021, 09:08 AM   #21422

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
Got the Everest back from the detailer Friday, and decided to take the truck in for a wash and wax today! Got it back this evening, and as we were going to get it, one dark cloud in the sky, we both said, dang!
Well we got it picked up, and on the way home, we both got rained on, and since the roads had not seen rain for weeks, of course, both got trashed! So I had to wipe them both down after we got back home! 1 stinking cloud, and it got us both! Soon as we pulled in under the carport, it stopped raining, of course!
Good vibes for Rita!
Congratulations for Andy!
So how was your day? Rail!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210524_165349306_HDR.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	329354Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210524_165330991_HDR.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	329355Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210524_165251862.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	329356
Old 05-24-2021, 09:26 AM   #21423

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rita said that she appreciates the thoughts very much. Will keep the updates coming after Wednesday.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:51 AM   #21424

I hate to be like this but! I'm going to have to call Curtis and tell him to shut the double doggone doors. I've had all the rain I can stand.

One of the reasons I volunteered to go back to Nam in 68 was because I was being warehoused in Ft Lewis Washington and weather like this drives me crazy.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #21425

Gulf Streamers Club
Frank, wishing all the best for Rita's surgery and re-hab.

Have you gone back to seller of RV cover to see if they can light a fire under the concrete guy? Good luck on getting concrete installed so it can cure.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 01:33 PM   #21426

Freightliner Owners Club
Ron,
Yes, I have been in contact with the seller, every week. Rita called the permit place today and found out it want applied for till the 19th of this month. I hate being lied to, and I let the sellers know as much. They lit a fire under the concrete guy, but the permit isn't done yet, they told Rita today or tomorrow it would be finalized, they told the seller that it would be by the 31st. I don't know what to believe. We emailed the manufacturer with the permit number so we get on the manufacture list. And these people wonder why they GP out of business, GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!.
Frank
Old 05-24-2021, 02:04 PM   #21427

Prayers for those in need.

Rita best of luck and prayers for a good surgical outcome. If I ever have to have knee replacement surgery again I won't go to rehab. They would not answer the call light for 1 &1/2 hr. I will stay home and take my pain RX as needed. The food and PT was exceptional. Nursing care was a bust. Wish we would get some rain. Maybe Tuesday!! Weather guessers got it wrong lately. Dh has to check two gardens every day and water. He is out now installing soaker hoses. Something keeps digging up a few of the garden plants. DH waited 45minutes in quest lab only to find out his urologist hadn't even put in the fax for his blood work. Too early in the AM to call them. When he called the Urologist schedular they didn't even apologize. Probably hates us because I argued with them as to the place for Covid testing. We aregoing to go to the Rite Aid drug store five minutes from our house. Called them and said"we have pickup daily". Had a social worker ask me years ago what i do with myself all day. "I talk to people like you and manage the household". She laughed. Social Security is making me take DD 1&1/2 hrs. from the house to have her evaluated to see if she Still has Autism. Social Security "straight from Hell". I will call her Psychiatrist and get a letter from him. Also a copy of her brain scan that part of her brain is missing also known as a Developmental Disability. Take care Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 03:39 PM   #21428
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Good Morning Gang,
Rita goes in for her new knee Wednesday, we have been cleaning the coach and doing presurgury Dr's visits.
Thoughts, prayers, and good wishes for Rita!!!

Bev has had both done. Best piece of advice she has to offer:

Quote:
Follow both the doctor's and the Physical Therapist's instructions regarding post-op exercise, etc. TO THE LETTER. They know what they are doing.

Too little and it doesn't work well.

Too much and it doesn't work well.

And, yes, she is very adamant about her advice for this. She had hers done 13 years ago and is very, very pleased.

Frank: better rest up a bit, because she will be totally dependent on you for everything for a few days. Been there, done that; twice. But it was worth it. Besides, that's part of the fine print in the marriage contract.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 04:57 PM   #21429

Freightliner Owners Club
CWK,
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. We went through this about 4 years ago with the other knee, so I know what I am in for. She had a physical therapist come to the house, and she did her exercises religiously.
Frank
Old 05-24-2021, 05:15 PM   #21430
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
CWK,
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. We went through this about 4 years ago with the other knee, so I know what I am in for. She had a physical therapist come to the house, and she did her exercises religiously.
Frank
I apologize if I forgot, or didn't know, about the first one. BUT, now I know you and Rita will be fine.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 10:40 PM   #21431

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
About 9:30 pm and was getting up to lock everything up for the evening and got this shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2659.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	329467

Hopefully it predicts fair weather for tomorrow. Getting tired of the rain over the last couple of days.

Wishing our community health issues improve for all.

Denise and Dennis
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 10:55 PM   #21432

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello gang!
Been very hectic in my world lately, but try to keep up with everyone here.
Nice to hear you had a good ride Lloyd.
Best wishes for a repeat success on your other knee Rita, quick recovery, easy does it.
Hope it warms up for ya Gordon!
Nice pics RonJ, good stuff.
Rail, the heck with the idea of a rain dance, just wash the car, never fails!
Welcome to all the newcomers I may have missed, great to have you join us.
Going to get ready to finally open the park soon. Final inspection coming up next week. I have some things to finish up yet though, but getting closer. On the road back to IA tomorrow is the plan, and get right to it.
Still planning to post pics of some mods I did in the coach over the winter. Also some new pics of the park. The grass is all full and green.
Take care all, bye for now.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 11:40 PM   #21433

Electra 225

Go to www.rvtravel.com This news letter publishes new campgrounds. Best of luck getting your inspection done. Post some pictures when you get a chance.
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 03:17 AM   #21434

First cup of coffee is cooling. 62° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 87° with partly cloudy skies. Finished up on bandsaw repairs and spent some time pulling weeds. Going to continue with it today until it is to hot outside. No other plans.

Frank, prayers for Rita's knee surgery and recovery.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.