Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:25 AM   #21547

Good morning all!!!

73*, overcast, some partly sunny forecasted, 43% chance of rain around 5pm. Brief shower yesterday, didn't add up to much.

I've been invited to work at the embroidery store today. Big backlog. Our little town is the county seat, daughter got a deal with the county to embroider their shirts with the county logo etc.. First order came in. Also, when a few weeks ago the amusement vendors were in the lot, they liked her work and she has a order for 20 shirts by Sunday.

Going to have to step away from embroidery for a 3pm haircut,,,,, so my helmet dose not overheat next week.

Deb is in Richmond, Va. Drives today to her mothers in Bear, De.. Friday leaves there and drives to Putnam Valley NY, where we both grew up. Memorial service is there on Saturday.

Frank, that looks awesome. That is a serious patio. My guess is you are sleeping in this morning. How is Rita doing?

Ronj picture below. The trip is expected to take 6-7 days, but could take 8 days. Have food for 4 days(will replace meals as we go), clothes for 4 days (will do laundry on 3rd or 4th night) add to all that my tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad etc and we have a big pile. In addition I am carrying a 12x12 rain fly with poles and stakes so we have shelter should it rain in camp. Fun stuff!

Well got to get ready for sewing work.

Have a great day all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210608_113005.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	432.9 KB
ID:	331596  
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2021, 08:04 AM   #21548

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Another overcast day here. Supposed to get more sprinkles into the afternoon and overnight. We are getting moisture so the lawn is very green. Also appears to be growing as we watch it. Garden is popping up. Managed to weed it.

Haircut appointment at 10 this morning. Covid restrictions are starting to be lifted and as of today restaurants can offer limited sit down dining. Beginning to sound like the border may be opening over the course of the summer. Fingers crossed. Messaging is confusing and contradictory so will continue to be patient.

Janet has the appointment for all of the preliminary work on Monday. Hoping at that time she will get a surgery date. She has volunteered to take any cancellations. Not quite sure how that works as it does not appear they will change surgeons. So must be a cancellation with the assigned surgeon. Nurse told here there were quite a few cancellations happening.

Have a wonderful day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:53 AM   #21549

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye I found a picture of your motorhome!Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1623336619027.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	331625
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:02 AM   #21550

Good morning all.
We got done in record time yesterday. Bunch of biopsies taken.
Dr said it looked good. Nothing alarmed him. Normal stuff!
Now we are waiting for more Lab results..... ARG!

We were both mentally exhausted by the time we got home.

Then my nephew came over with his drama.
Ended up sending him away. Meth overdose we think.

I hate what drugs do to people when they can't cope with the mess they call their life.
Dont feel sorry for him. I had him living with me when he was 17 and in high school. He was heavy into pot. I told him pot was going to ruin his life. Well, He dropped out, so, I kicked him out. No more free room and board. 6 months he lived with my son and I.
(I was.more afraid my son would get caught up in the drugs too.)

He didn't graduate. Had a 4.0 GPA and flunked out because he stopped going to class. Got high every day. A Computer genius back then.
He is 47 now and doing meth. Paranoia, the works.
He was coughing last night and hoarse with red splotches all over him.
We didn't need him compromising our health. He could have had the C Flu for all we knew.

Never let him on the porch. Much less inside the house.
He has been sleeping on his Moms couch for 3 years, and only works enough to buy more drugs.
His wife divorced him 4 years ago because of his drug use. A great example to his 3 sons.
His life is still a train wreck!

Other than that, we are doing good today. My buddy is playing Land Rover Mechanic in my shop.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	16233430667338362917139096485440.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	331640  
Old 06-10-2021, 04:02 PM   #21551

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Afternoon
Hot as a popcorn fart.
Had a Complete reverse shoulder replacement done on. Monday.
Very sore. On left shoulder need right done also.
It took a lot out of me.
Caught a URI so catheterization
Enough said.
We lost out on the Whinnie she was a beauty.
Joe has most of garden in.
Had a handful of strawberries yesterday yum
Before I forget Thnkyou you Loyd for that chip u made Joe I listen too it everytime I'm in the car.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200720_171107.jpg
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	331677   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200720_171433_HDR.jpg
Size:	341.7 KB
ID:	331678  

Name:	20200720_171358_HDR.jpg
Size:	384.7 KB
ID:	331679   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200720_171416_HDR.jpg
Size:	345.7 KB
ID:	331680  

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:40 PM   #21552

Glad your tests are over.

Curtis and Melissa glad the DR. gave you some positive comments. You are right you don't need your Nephew's drama. Drugs and alcohol are a bad addiction. My neighbor was an alcoholic and severely mentally ill. She was sucking the life out of me. I had to tell her we couldn't be friends. She made the landlord so mad she got an eviction notice. Saw her sometime later and she realized what a nice apt. she had and how she blew it. The guy that lives there is real nice and quiet. I hope Janet get her hip replacement soon. I had to cancel major surgery because my back went out on me and I couldn't stand up. Another time I kept getting urinary tract infections and had to cancel my knee replacement surgery. You are right the limited border crossing mandates are confusing at best. Was hoping the border was open so my DD boyfriend could come across Canada from MI. Long distance romance. They haven't met yet. Take care all. The best to Spritz as you recover from shoulder surgery. Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 03:02 AM   #21553

Coffee is cooling in cup. 62 with clear skies this morning. Heading to 88 with chance of afternoon thunderstorms. Got all the wood pieces cut for neighbors countertop. Today we will assemble the whole thing so he can start stain and varnishing it.
Peony from my yard.

Curtis, hope Melissa's lab results turn out are good.

Tim, good to hear from you. Hope recovery of shoulder is fast.

Llyod, great picture. Ready to go.

Gordon, hope Janet gets here appointment soon.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 06-11-2021, 06:23 AM   #21554

Good morning all!!

73*, partly cloudy, by mid-afternoon the chance of rain goes to 50%. High of 84* expected.

Tim, great to hear from you. Great that your shoulder is done, that will be much better once you get through the PT. Forgot about that music. Enjoy!!!

Gordon, fingers are crossed Janet gets the date soon for surgery. Good to get that done and make full recovery before the Maple Curtain reopens. Things are very normal here now, few people wearing masks. Very few new cases being reported.

RonJ, pretty flowers!!

Curtis, glad the doc didn't have bad news. Progress. Sad story about your nephew. We have friends coming to visit end of the month, they have a like story about their son that went on for 20-30 years, they lost him 2 years ago. So sad!

Busy day today, cut grass, take garbage to the recycle center, load bikes and all gear. Leave here at 6am tomorrow morning and the adventure begins. Will post on FB as I can. With FB even without a network connection I can create the post,,,, and when the phone gets service it will automaticaly send the post.

Have a great day all,,, actualy a great week. I'll be back!!
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:16 AM   #21555

59 going all the way to 61 ! Clouded in uptah camp...

TIM !!!!
I saw Walter and he was just sayin' he was wonderin' why you gave up on him....(I think you might be able to catch him by surprise cuz I didn't mention your upcoming op!)

Terry
Yeah , if I had a buck for every time someone has posted that bus for me ,,I'd own it now !
They did a nice job on it.

Lloyd
C'monnnnn you can get a little more on there !

Curtis
More testing ??? Well , at least you know whatever they are planning , it will be exactly on target for a good result.

RonJH
Shy Hawk ? Or just spotted a cat sneaking up on him?

RonS
RollerSkates ?

Rail
Still dodging that cloud ? WHAT DID YOU DO TO TICK IT OFF ???
Old 06-11-2021, 08:00 AM   #21556

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Sun is out. Nice to see after several days of intermittent drizzle. I can see weeding in my future tomorrow as the garden dries out a bit.

Drugs can be terrible. Neighbors family had a son OD in 2013. Last December one of his brothers OD'd as well. Then in January the 3rd brother was lost due to drugs. A couple weeks later the 3rd brother room mate OD'd. A week later the room mates brother OD'd. I knew the young man who died in December. A very nice young fellow who got started with prescription drugs after a worksite accident.

They seem to be working on solving the opioid issues somewhat. Janet has been severely restricted on pain management by the system. With her previous hip she had been prescribed 300 mg of tramadol daily. It managed the pain. With this hip she is being limited to 100 mg per day. She is coping but her mobility has been severely restricted.

Happy to hear you had your shoulder replaced Tim. Prayers for a fast recovery and then the other one. It will be good to be able to function at a normal level.

Safe ride Lloyd. Looking forward to pictures and text of the trip.

Have a wonderful day.

Old 06-12-2021, 03:08 AM   #21557

Coffee is done brewing. 62 with with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 85 with slight chance of thunderstorm in evening. Good storm came thru about 7pm yesterday. Lost power for awhile and some tree limbs down. .13" of rain. Neighbors countertop came out good. He is staining and varnishing it. Waiting for Lexan to arrive. Then I will help with that and do trim. Did not get grass mowed. Working in close to 90 said it will wait another day. Back on list for today.
First Hummingbird picture of the year.

Llyod have great safe trip.

Popeye, Hawk may have been shy. It flew away soon as I started walking towards barn.

Gardon, have fun pulling weeds. NOT.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:06 AM   #21558

Another update on Melissa.

We finally called our Oncoligist to find out why that 3 week wait for the Biopsy Report has turned into 8 weeks, and his response is the Lab is Busy! So they haven't sent the biopsy off to Houston.

We should get the results of the last little bunch of biopsys from the Colonospmy and Endrotomy before we get the results of the big invasive one of her lung that we paid so much for.

I am so PO'ed! It's like watching a forest fire come up the valley at your house and you find out the Fire Department is at the restaurant getting lunch and settling into their Hotels.
And checking the air in their tires!
We done everything we can do at the point.

And a weather report. It's Raining!
Was so hoping it would miss us so I could finally mow the grass. My yard is wet clay and you can't drive a mower on it while it's wet or you'll just leave deep tire tracks in the grass
IF you don't bog up and get stuck first. Gonna need some really sharp blades to cut this tall grass now. And about 8 days of hot dry weather.

But at least Melissa and I are talking about making plans to get out and enjoy life as soon as we know something and aren't tied to Dr's and Hospitals!

Anybody ever taken a 5 day Paddle Boat Ride on the Olympia or Mississippi Rivers?
It's on our bucket list.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:13 AM   #21559

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Afternoon
Hot as a popcorn fart.
Had a Complete reverse shoulder replacement done on. Monday.
Very sore. On left shoulder need right done also.
It took a lot out of me.
Caught a URI so catheterization
Enough said.
We lost out on the Whinnie she was a beauty.
Joe has most of garden in.
Had a handful of strawberries yesterday yum
Before I forget Thnkyou you Loyd for that chip u made Joe I listen too it everytime I'm in the car.

Tim
Oh man Tim, I hate to hear your shoulder and URI news. Praying it's on the mend quickly.
And that is one beutiful Rig. I am so jealous. I would love to have that one for M and I to cruise around the Country in. Guess I need to get back on the rebuild on mine.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:38 AM   #21560

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Lloyd and crew are on the road if they are on schedule. Safe and fun trip for all of you.

Had a bonus on the neighbors clearing project. There were a couple trees leaning towards the power line so I called the power company to see if they had any advice or would be able to help me pull the trees away from the line. The fellow I spoke with was not very helpful and said they do not help with that. Instead he went out and dropped the trees! I spent yesterday bucking up and disposing of the last of the trees.

Going to be a lovely day. Predicted high about 72. Clear and sunny.

Have a wonderful day.