Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2021, 05:52 AM   #21967

Good morning all!!!

73* and very humid, no surprise. Heat headed for the high 90*'s. Current projections have Fred missing us as its rain passes to the west on Wednesday. All the rain is on the east side,,,, so if it turns a little bi.......

Good morning Ned and Doug welcome!!!!

Busy day at the sewing store yesterday,,,, didn't get the shirt design completed. Meanwhile daughter got a call for job she would really love, second interview. So going back and opening today so she can go to the interview. Fingers crossed for her success!

Gordon, fingers crossed that they announce opening, with minimal requirements. Had dinner with the neighbors last night, they are going to Israel in a few weeks. Said shots are required, negative test 48 hours before, and another negative test after arriving there. Wonder if that will be the new standard?

Can't recall if I shared, Deb and I were tested last week. Negative results, just to eliminate these nasty colds we are still fighting. Much better but still hanging on.

Well off I go! Have a great day all!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2021, 06:28 AM   #21968

WildeBill

Trying to locate Bill in the camp.
Anybody know if that is his real name ?
The office lady can't find it !
Old 08-13-2021, 06:58 AM   #21969

Good Morning,

It's been a while but the coffee sure was good this morning and the blue jays were quite entertaining.

Wow Frank, that looks nice! Should make the summers in Yuma a lot more pleasant. Will definitely protect your rig and up the comfort level. How is Rita doing? I get Fema alerts on my phone for Yuma and it looks like you had quite a rain last night, May not have to get the rig washed. They alerted for flooding also. Is this the first rain you have had since we left?

Been pretty busy with doing things around the house. I need to do more. It appears my Lynne to do list was much larger than I realized. There is always next year. I have pretty big flower beds I put in years ago that I am removing and or adjusting so they are not such high maintenance. Should be much easier next year.

We had a nasty storm night before last. Power out all over the place but we did not loose ours. Eddie, the guy I cook for lost his and he had water in his basement, He was a bit stressed about the power being out and they say it will not be back on until Sunday. He can stay at his daughters but he likes his own home.

Lot of water laying in fields. The ground is drenched, Good news is I stopped and got some sweet corn last night and we had that with a pork steak and boy was it good. Pond down the road is up to it's banks so I think it gained about 6 inches or more overnight. Quite a few trees down in different areas.

The summer sure has gone by fast. Won't be long before we are heading back to Yuma. The plan is to go to Bonita Mesa around Nov 1 and set up there. If we go to River's Edge we will have to clean up the lot and it is a lot of work. Then we have to break down camp 3 weeks later and go set up at BM so I don't see the point. We'll just go get the Tracker when we are ready and let them know we are not coming back. Turn in the key and such.

Well, hope all are doing well. Take care and safe travels to all. Lynne
beamisll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 08:39 AM   #21970

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Warm here for a couple days and then back to cooler temperatures.

Garden is doing pretty good. Got a couple watermelons the size of soccer balls. Zucchini is going great and there will be lots of spaghetti squash. Going to dig a hill of potatoes as well. Should be new potatoes this time. Fingers crossed.

Should be hearing some news regarding the status of the border from the US perspective shortly. Hope the news is good.

Fingers crossed for Alice.

Went to use the voltmeter yesterday. Deader than a door nail. Changed batteries. Old batteries were dated 2009!

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:59 AM   #21971

I finally found Bill !
I interrupted his prepare to leave routine and we got a good gab session in before they headed out.

Happy Trails

Oh , and they changed pizza night to Friday at the Haven so alter your plans accordingly.

89 here now at 11am. 68% humidity so it's still summah uptah camp ,,,,,for now.
Just wish I was done this reno and walking in the surf instead of playing "old carpenter" with no pay .
Getting closer , but no cigar yet
Old 08-13-2021, 10:18 AM   #21972

Morning Lloyd!
My grandkids are here this weekend, we just had a quick dip in the pool, before I head in to work.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:39 PM   #21973

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have been "discovered" by popeye!!! Does that make me Internet famous? :rof l:
Tonight at the Mystic KOA. Will be hear till Monday then over to Wardens Pond for a couple weeks.
See what hapens when you hang around popeye!!!
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 03:06 AM   #21974

Poured first cup of coffee. 60° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 76° with sunny skies. Dr visit went well. PSA numbers keep going down. Grass is mowed and trimmed. Going to shop projects today. Nice that it has cooled off.

tmandoug1 to Good Morning.

Lynne, going to be headed up your way next Friday. Oakley Old Tractor Show.

BILL, being found is good.

Popeye, keep going on the project. Cooler weather is headed your way.

Lloyd, good test was negative.

Ned, have fund with Grand Kids.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 08-14-2021, 07:20 AM   #21975

79 at 9am , hazy orb thing is getting routine...possible pm boomers...

RonJH
I just move slower on the warm days , kinda the opposite of an insect Can't wait till I finish building and trimming ,,,then I can spend the winter waiting for summer again . Oh , and painting

Wildebill
You travel at my pace
Gee Bill , nobody from M+G got infected by the Smilies
maybe you had it all along like the shingles 'er sumpin ??

(I saw his rig on Thursday but it wasn't the only one ..

The reservation lady couldn't find it when I called her early Friday so...
I looked up one of his posts and saw the rig listed in his tag line so went right to it ! ....10 feet from the office door I was standing in front of the night before realizing I missed closing

"Sorry 'bout that Chief ,,,missed it by THAT much !"

Listing that rig in the tag made the day ...

Pole Dance Marathon Saturday

Old 08-14-2021, 08:22 AM   #21976

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Warm here again for the next day or so.

Had new garden potatoes for dinner last night. This time there was more than one under the plant and they all were bigger than a grape. Got enough for another meal.

Make sure your car doors are locked when I am around. Our zucchini is producing and unlocked cars may be the depository for fruit. On the upside Janet has a really good recipe for zucchini loaf. Especially if you like chocolate and chocolate chips!! The loaf is simply a chocolate delivery system.

Should be word shortly about the US border status.

Looks like we are headed into a federal election. Just what we need along with the pandemic. 36 days of promises to solve all of the issues created during the last administration while they are distracted from the problems we are currently experiencing. And trying to figure out which of the promises they are making with their fingers crossed.

Glad you were able to catch up with Bill by doing some detectiving Popeye.

Going to be a slower day. Too warm to be overly active.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2021, 12:24 PM   #21977

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Welcome to the newcomers, glad you stopped by.

Had a big rain Tuesday evening, glad it was after they got the RV. Port up. Didn't get any rain on Wednesday or Thursday,but lightning all around us. Last night we had a hard rain along with wind and lightning. Has rained more since we moved here the middle of May than we've had v the last 2 years combined. Still getting thing situated how I want them, when most is done, will send pics.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 11:48 PM   #21978

Good Morning

Went to another funeral today. So sad when the good ones die. Her husband died a few weeks ago. They were in our camping club. Gordon the joke is if you go to church don't leave your car door unlocked or you will find Zucchini. I have plenty on my counter now. Get on the internet and you can purchase a real nice Zucchini cook book. Everything from pancakes to soup and lots in between. We also had a good crop of potatoes. Made up two deep pans of egg plant parm. Couldn't stand to see twelve egg plants on the counter. Lots of big red tomatoes and lots of orange smaller tomatoes. DH promised me he will cut back next year. The garden has grown like a jungle. Hard to pick produce. Grew a small cantalope. Sweet and so good. Haven't grown them in years. Wanted to try it because we have had a very hot summer. Take care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 03:07 AM   #21979

Poured first cup of hot coffee. 51° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 78° with mostly sunny skies. Got shop projects done. Then helped neighbor clear tree that fell on his TT. That gave me some seat time. Going to Port Huon to visit my Uncle and Aunt today.

Ann, all Zucchini is re gifted that is received by me.

Frank, should be much cooler in RV with it under RV. port.

Gordon, potatoes bigger than grapes.

Popeye, slow but sure will get it done.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:56 AM   #21980

Back to perfect weather uptah camp.
65+78 all orb and my solar is charging already.
Humidity down to 54% atm. Should go down more as it heats up
Highs between 75+80 all week

3 cabinets built yesterday,,,still need to sand and paint .
The maple ply is still VERY flat. Soon it will be flat and white.

Probably finish the shelving in the storage unit "C" (gotta keep 'em separate somehow,,the 3 new boxes will be unit "D" but attached to "C" ,,,, see? )

I was talking to Marvin ( the Martian Cap , duh)
He was saying his crew needed something to do.
So I let them march around on stage.
Two of them were taking dancing lessons .
It looked like Main street in Roswell !

Time is wasting , gotta get out and wake the neighbors,,,if the belt sander doesn't do it ,,,,,the router sure will !

(They should have considered that possibility while running their genny all night watching TV but the paint will be a little less noisy....just the sequence it goes on ya knowwwwww...)