Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2021, 12:30 AM   #22205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good morning all!

Ned, prayers the surgery is 110% success.

To all those healing,,,, get well!!!

Have a great day all!
Lloyd, we're back in a holding pattern, not sure if they're waiting for her to heal a bit before they have to cut back into her, or if they're that busy that even her cancer isn't a priority case. (hope that didn't sound as catty as it did to me). In the meantime we're preparing as best we can. Thank you for the prayers, much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Ned, my turn to get garbage cans out.
happens every week, right?

I just got home from work, think I'll go unwind for a bit, before I turn in. y'all have a good day.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2021, 03:12 AM   #22206

poured first cup of coffee. 52° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 77° with a few clouds in PM. Spent most of yesterday taking shaper apart and checking out bearings and other parts. Cleaned it up and put back together. Will work well to square up edges that are too narrow to feed threw my planer. With cutter I have it will do up 2" wide. Grocery shopping this morning. Then a little house cleaning.

Ned, yes garbage every week. Prayers for Denise's continued recovery.

Gordon, hope weather cooperates with getting sealer done.

Llyod, you need a weather break to get fence done.

Popeye, I am sending all the extra warmth I have your way.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 09-16-2021, 03:23 AM   #22207

Carolina Campers
Just saw this thread and will jump in when in RV again. But yesterday I washed mine, darn near killed me. Maybe the exercise is good. My next trip puts me at a race course for photos …. VIRginia International Raceway, will say hello again if possible from up there.

I think I need some coffee….
Past RV's: Three Airstreams, 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:13 AM   #22208

64+72 clearing in PM later.
Big line of storms made it through here yesterday PM.
Winds !10-15 and a half hour of rain showing "not much" in froggy .and a few sprinkles over night.
A few dark clouds were around but mostly a miss.

RonJH
The warm is nice , but not going to last much longer...

Msmoto
Welcome to the goooodmorning tribe .

Ned
Holding pattern always sucks
The covid has screwed up all semblance of normal SOP in the hospitals...we're all rooting for ya , keep yer stick on the ice .

A wet start so I sent out the heat crew to dry it out.

The band and dancers were still in the hotel partying !

The flower lady was all by herself today but managed nicely.

Wavey and Wavey hired their cousin to do the wrap......

Don't forget ! the 19th is International Talk Like A Pirate Day !
No excuses this time 'er it's a walk on a narrow board....not the surfing kind either !
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 09-16-2021, 04:28 AM   #22209

I can give lessons if ya need 'em ,, just say arrrrrrrrrrr
(We are experiencing a high volume of calls , and YOUR call is important by the sounds of it. Just stay on the line and the next available pirate will be right with ya....Good news , no lame elevator music

Oh and for Gordon
Don't slack off too much.
There might be a nanny cam on a shelf ???
Old 09-16-2021, 05:52 AM   #22210

Ned and Denise, it was six years ago that we learned Glenda had a very aggressive form of breast cancer. The options were limited to immediate surgery, bilateral mastectomy, followed by a stiff regimen of chemo.

We’re on the NED (no evidence of disease) train for five years now. You understand the “we” instead of the “she” because it is a team fight as much as it is the individual one. One of our mantras is getting at least two years in the new barndominium before something happens to one of us.

Sometimes it feels like the battle is harder on the spouse than it is the patient, sometimes. You are not alone. We, a whole bunch of us, are there beside you because we know the trail well.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:51 AM   #22211

Good Morning,

It's been a while. I often come on and read but don't have anything to say other than best wishes to all.

Jerry was scheduled for surgery and had an abn EKG so we see a cardiologist Friday. Guy I worked with so very comfortable with him. Surgery was cancelled but while prepping him for it he had to wash with a surgical scrub. I washed his back three times and broke out with a bad rash and burning under the skin. Just my hands touched it and I am so glad I was not the one washing in it.

Been on steroids since Monday and it is getting better but when I have a reaction like this it usually takes months to clear it completely. This was a bad one. Another thing I am allergic to added to my list of things to not touch, eat, or smell.

RonJ has kept you up to weather around here. It is beautiful most days but the storms have been a bit touchy lately. I don't think I have ever seen this much hail over a summer or even a year. Lot of damaged roofs, decks, siding, windows, and vehicles.

Heading to the meat market today. We buy from a very small store that raises and processes their own meat. More pricey but worth it.

Then take the Equinox in to have the brakes checked. I have a rubbing sound and need it checked out. Will see what the cause is hopefully.

Hope all are doing well. Take care, and hug someone today. Lynne
beamisll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:07 AM   #22212

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Patio is problematic. Carpenter got finished so after an hour or so of moving furntiture the patio was clear. Scrubbed and rinsed the upper half. The bottom half previously done was filthy with sawdust from the deck boards and dirt from people walking across. All done. It was cool and windy so lots of leaves coming down. Today is using cleaner/etching compound and hopefully seal. Is problematic as wind is predicted to be in the 40 mph range. Calm right now so fingers crossed. Only fly is the owner arranged to have the front door replaced. Which requires access to the deck over the patio. Working out options to accommodate. Celebration of Life on Saturday so time is tight.

We are now in emergency lockdown. Celebration can still happen as it will be outdoors. Lots of worried people pointing fingers. Enough said.

Heading off to do a bit of cleanup and take an assessment of the patio. Surrounded by trees that have started fall defoliation. The wind will just hasten the mess falling on the patio!!

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 09-16-2021, 10:00 AM   #22213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Ned and Denise, it was six years ago that we learned Glenda had a very aggressive form of breast cancer. The options were limited to immediate surgery, bilateral mastectomy, followed by a stiff regimen of chemo.

We’re on the NED (no evidence of disease) train for five years now. You understand the “we” instead of the “she” because it is a team fight as much as it is the individual one. One of our mantras is getting at least two years in the new barndominium before something happens to one of us.

Sometimes it feels like the battle is harder on the spouse than it is the patient, sometimes. You are not alone. We, a whole bunch of us, are there beside you because we know the trail well.
Thank you So much, this is my second time with a loved one battling cancer, my mother had it when I was in college. She wound up a Survivor for 34 years. I'm glad you are in NED (Loving that acronym!), and hope you stay there. I'd love to get a barndominium and be a some-timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post
Just saw this thread and will jump in when in RV again. But yesterday I washed mine, darn near killed me. Maybe the exercise is good. My next trip puts me at a race course for photos …. VIRginia International Raceway, will say hello again if possible from up there.

I think I need some coffee….
Tommie, grab a morning beverage of choice and jump right in. Denise and I are 'between' RV's (if you can. count 30 years since I last was a full timer as 'between') Welcome from the most recent 'new' couple here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
poured first cup of coffee. 52° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 77° with a few clouds in PM. Spent most of yesterday taking shaper apart and checking out bearings and other parts. Cleaned it up and put back together. Will work well to square up edges that are too narrow to feed threw my planer. With cutter I have it will do up 2" wide. Grocery shopping this morning. Then a little house cleaning.

Ned, yes garbage every week. Prayers for Denise's continued recovery.

Gordon, hope weather cooperates with getting sealer done.

Llyod, you need a weather break to get fence done.

Popeye, I am sending all the extra warmth I have your way.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Thank you Ron!

We're getting out for a couple of errands before I head in to work. Might get lunch while we're out, depends on how Denise is feeling.

Have a great day folks!
Old 09-16-2021, 10:05 AM   #22214

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
64+72 clearing in PM later.

Ned
Holding pattern always sucks
The covid has screwed up all semblance of normal SOP in the hospitals...we're all rooting for ya , keep yer stick on the ice .

A wet start so I sent out the heat crew to dry it out.

The band and dancers were still in the hotel partying !

The flower lady was all by herself today but managed nicely.

Wavey and Wavey hired their cousin to do the wrap......

Don't forget ! the 19th is International Talk Like A Pirate Day !
No excuses this time 'er it's a walk on a narrow board....not the surfing kind either !
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Popeye,
yes holding pattern sucks big time. We've been in it for weeks now. I appreciate the support from everyone.

To Err is Human, to ARRRRR is Pirate!
Old 09-16-2021, 10:28 PM   #22215

Good Morning.

Called corporate at quest lab to complain about not be able to get my lab work done. Stated it is apts. only as they are short staffed with covid. No notice on the door. Gee, how long have we had covid? Was at this lab one week ago. Spent way too much time on the phone with the less than intelligent life at my ins. co. Trying to find a durable medical supplier for my compression stocking. The computer was no help for me. May try the place that gives me my cpap supplies. Best part is they are near Chick Fillet(sp). I am also NED for a double Mastectomy and plenty of complications. Chemotherapy was given in 2012. Almy check up are good. Had early stage bladder twice. Also NED with yearly scoping. I am a Nurse and have been on the other side of the bed many times. As you can see we are a loyal group with our concern and prayers. Lynne good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your rash. I know you will keep on top of Jerry's Cardiac problems. Years ago I told my Primary MD that I was having taycardia and he said we will take care of you when you come back in four months!! Wrong answer. I should have gone to ER for AFIB work up. Doing well on Warfarin. Take care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 03:19 AM   #22216

Coffee is done brewing. 53° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 83° with a few clouds. Grocery shopping went well. Noticing some shelves are empty. House cleaning is done. Got a call from a long time friend that worked at same company as I did. Good time reminiscing. PT this morning. Then pick up my aunt for a weekend stay. No other plans.

Ann, sorry you were not able to get blood test. My used them when we traveled. Now a days I go to the lab at my Dr's office building.

Msmoto drop in anytime.

Popeye, International Pirate Day. Who would have thought. I looked at weather next week. Fall starts and so does it's weather. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Ned, Let's hope the waiting is over soon.

Lynne, hope you and Jerry's problems go aways soon. I am still going to do a meet and greet up your way soon.

Gordon, you are a little ahead of me for fall cleanup. But its's coming soon.

Harvey, you and Glenda are going to have lots of good times in the Barndominium when it is done.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:58 AM   #22217

Good morning all!

70* headed for 82*. A few clouds around. Rained yesterday morning, steady till after lunch.

Completed the fence paint job Wednesday, 1'200 feet went pretty well. Had to use a bunch of my "Jeeping" skills to get the paint truck up to one section of fence,,,, then back out. But all went well.

Still a muddy mess at the clearing job, put it off till next week.

Healing wishes to all!

Gordon, patio is a challenge! Too much going on there.

No plans for today. Deb's Mom and sister still here. Just hanging out with them. Maybe sneak a quick bicycle ride in for the exercise.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-17-2021, 06:23 AM   #22218

55+71 all orb , but clouds increasing through the day.

If this keeps up I might be forced to close my roof vents
(the one in the bathroom for sure ! That seat is getting too cold) Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

The Waveys put the Grand Marshall group in the lineup before the musicians...WITH NO SWEEPERS.
So they all said "I don't think so" and split for the beach !!
But it was going pretty good till that point...................

The green crew thought the linear arrangement was "cosmic" ,,, 'er sumpin' like that and stacked right up !