Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2021, 05:33 AM   #22275

64+71 Clouded over , humudity 99.44%, So far just a couple light showers and drizzle with drying out in between. Winds got to the 10-20 range but calm atm.
All dry now , wet stuff mid pm (same thing as they said yesterday) More tomorrow with orb returning before sunset.

No shoveling yet.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2021, 10:01 AM   #22276

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Continuing cleanup and departure preparation today.

Cleaned off part the squash part of the garden yesterday. Lots of squash, filled half the tractor bucket. And found 2 more watermelon. Today is dig potatoes and carrots. The two beets that survived the crow attacks will be consumed tonight.

Inventoried all of the condiments and spices in the coach. According to the border patrol everything we have should pass without issue. Will have a list with location for the driver in case the agent has any questions or concerns.

Son is coming out today. His work rotation starts on Sunday so this will be the last we get to see him before departure. I have and extra fork for him to help dig potatoes!!

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2021, 03:16 AM   #22277

Coffee is done brewing. 41° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 72° with mix of sun and clouds. After rain stopped. Went for a car ride with neighbor to pick up a set of Pallet forks for his tractor. Then helped him move some stuff around in his barn. Helped another neighbor spread and level some gravel on his drive. Overall a nice day after rain stopped. Good seat time. Need to sharpen blades on mower. Then mow grass today.

Gordon, good preparation are moving forward.

Llyod, enjoy the ride and show.

Popeye, shoveling will be here soon enough.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 09-26-2021, 03:49 AM   #22278

64+72 the rain has finally arrived , not buckets but steady. Humidity 98%. Still dark but probably won't be seeing that orb till pm hours...

Big breakout at the asylum today,,,,,they ate all the flowers but the flower truck lady is still keeping ahead of 'em.........
Old 09-26-2021, 05:44 AM   #22279

Good morning all!

52*, Carolina Blue Sky, headed for 77*!

Fence painting today, should take us 3-4 hours not a big job, 3 jobs, all on our street, drive the paint truck straight to them, no trailering etc.. Easy Peasey!

Old CBX brought home a 1st place trophy in the stock Japanesse Class yesterday. Pretty good turnout at the show. They had a nice auction of donated services, items etc. All proceeds from the entire event went to Saint Judes.

Gordon,,,, I assume the border agents know what is going on when the caravan of RV's show up full of commercial transport drivers,,,, but not much they can do if no laws are broken. I assume most see how silly the restriction is.

Popeye, your low temp is warmer than ours!!!! Must be a off shore wind??

Off to work I go!

Have a great day all!
Old 09-26-2021, 06:06 AM   #22280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good morning all!

52*, Carolina Blue Sky, headed for 77*!

Fence painting today, should take us 3-4 hours not a big job, 3 jobs, all on our street, drive the paint truck straight to them, no trailering etc.. Easy Peasey!

Old CBX brought home a 1st place trophy in the stock Japanesse Class yesterday. Pretty good turnout at the show. They had a nice auction of donated services, items etc. All proceeds from the entire event went to Saint Judes.

Gordon,,,, I assume the border agents know what is going on when the caravan of RV's show up full of commercial transport drivers,,,, but not much they can do if no laws are broken. I assume most see how silly the restriction is.

Popeye, your low temp is warmer than ours!!!! Must be a off shore wind??

Off to work I go!

Have a great day all!

Lloyd I don’t know if you get the BringaTrailer emails. They’ve had three CBX’s on the block in the last week. Exotics and muscle cars have been rolling on the site like crazy lately.

Congrats on the award. As I’ve said before, the sweetest sound I’ve ever heard was a CBX chopper in Palm Springs Ca.
Old 09-26-2021, 09:29 AM   #22281

Hey Lloyd !
1st place on a vintage scoot is a good feeling

The winds are out of the Northwest 340* ~10 but the rain is coming from SxSW 188* .
Should say the rain WAS coming ,,,it's over (4.75") and I already was out doing some routing going back out to do filler and and paint by the time the filler sets up . Maybe my workbench will be dry by then can use sticks if not. Git 'er Done.....

The paint jobs being close must be a nice change.

Gordon
With potatoes that size , they would probably make fries to make sure there wasn't anything hidden inside......
Get yerselves south asap ,,, before they change the rules
Old 09-27-2021, 03:24 AM   #22282

Poured first cup of coffee. 58° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 79° with mix of sunshine and clouds. Got blades sharpened on mower. Took it for a short run to make sure all was OK. Did it without hearing protection. OH OH! what is that noise. Belt that runs PTO gearbox is coming apart. Ordered a OEM replacement belt from JD. $100. Hope it last as long as OEM did at 17 years.
Tried to put new wiper blades on car. Could not get old ones off. Took car to neighbors. Between both of us we got old ones off. New blades went on in a snap.
He was making a dolly to store his BH on. Was not working out to well. Between our two minds made some modification to get it set up right. When finished it will work very well.
Showed him how to wash his house windows with no streaks. He will be stopping at Lowes to get the Cleaner, Squeegee and scrubber on way home from work.
Friends came over to barrow my utility trailer. Lights would not work properly. Found broken wire inside of wire harness. We went out to dinner.
Overall a good day with the several problems solved. Looking forward to many more great fall days.
PT this morning. Then assemble a dolly for my wood planner. That will put wheels under all my woodworking tools that are heavy.
Yesterday's sunrise got the day off to a good start.

Popeye, good you are able to get things done.

Llyod, congrats on 1st place trophy. Do you have a picture of bike and trophy?

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 09-27-2021, 04:00 AM   #22283

52+69,, 91% humidity . Starting out all orb and clouding up as it goes on. Winds a few points either side of south 5-15.

Today's show is being brought to you by a lobbyist for the popcorn industry. We're all getting a yacht and going to Hawaii for the winter. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

No sweepers , a bunch of crows made a small donation too.
Old 09-27-2021, 06:08 AM   #22284

Good morning all!

56*, Carolina Blue Sky high of 81* forecasted. Pretty much same forecast next couple days.

Day off today, tomorrow we should be working the clearing job that has been on hold a couple weeks due to rain. Hopefully it dried out over there.

RonJ, don't have a pic of the bike with trophy, the event got a little disorganized as the day went on,,, they were a hour late with the awards. Seems they waited till time to present awards to actually tally the results and didn't realize how much work that would be. Yes, those John Deere belts are pricey!

Gordon, 2 days for departure!!! Safe travels and I hope it all goes exactly as planned, or better!!! Were you able to get in touch with Electra? Gonna visit him?

Harvey, I avoid such things. I shouldn't be buying anymore bikes. Me reading those is like a drinker sitting in a bar! Good news is they have really come up in value. Much higher than I imagined when I restored mine 20+ years ago.

6 weeks till we leave for Yuma, time will go quickly.

Have a great day all!!
Old 09-27-2021, 07:47 AM   #22285

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Congratulations Lloyd. Yup 2 days. Going for antigen test in an hour or so. Have managed to get in contact briefly with Bill. Said he would be contacting me. Will give him a call once we are over the border.

More yard work done. Planted the winter garlic. Hoses wrapped up.

Today is coach out and finish loading. We start the great parking lot shuffle. Thinking about installing a turntable in the shed!! LOL

Scattered clouds but supposed to be very nice. Trees are starting to change colour.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:45 AM   #22286

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Weather finally out of the triple digits, lows in the mid 70s, highs in the mid to upper 90s. A/C. Took a dump Friday, they came out and pulled it out and took it to the shop. At least it waited till the triple digits ended. Windows open and a couple fans and it is comfortable.

Lloyd,
Congrats on the CBX award, it doesn't surprise me as your bikes are top notch. The Grey Ghost is pining for the desert.

Gordon,
Happy that you are getting out of the cold this winter. Hope there are no more glitches in your journey south. It is amazing that they let thousands of illegals across the borders from our south, that we have to pay for, and yet keep out our friends from the north that pay their own way.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:10 AM   #22287

Coffee is done brewing. 53° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 70° with partly cloudy skies. PT went well. Got dolly for planner assembled and moved to it's new storage place. Going meet with a old friend on East side today for lunch. No other plans.
Visitors to my bird feeders every couple of days.

Frank, hope they get you AC fixed in a short time.

Gordon, negative test would be best.

Llyod, 6 weeks to get ready for Yuma. Shouldn't forget anything.

Popeye, popcorn event. Hope you got the place cleaned up.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 09-28-2021, 03:30 AM   #22288

62+ probably not much more... 91% damp yup yup
Cloudy today and still dark so not sure atm.

Gotta run , but "I'll Be Back!" soon.

« Motor home rpm | - »