Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2021, 04:43 AM   #22359

55+65 + 89% winds below 5. Skies will be cloudy all day....

flowers:

:

Audience participation day...by popular request....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2021, 05:06 AM   #22360

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Travel day. To Fort Stockton. Pulling out from sister Linda's place around sunup. Fuel and go. Short thunderstorm last night after 10pm. Front coming through. Should be good driving day. Very light winds and clear skies to start.

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends.

Travelers be safe and have fun. Healing prayers to those in need.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:17 AM   #22361

RonS
Probably on the road by now but following winds (without the dust) for the passage to paradise !
Old 10-11-2021, 03:23 PM   #22362

Gulf Streamers Club
Made it safely to Fort Stockton. Winds were not bad at all. Tomorrow to Las Cruces will be very different. Winds 30, gusting to 35. From the West. Will see if I can safely make it to Las Cruces.

ron and pebbles
Old 10-11-2021, 05:43 PM   #22363

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Made it safely to Fort Stockton. Winds were not bad at all. Tomorrow to Las Cruces will be very different. Winds 30, gusting to 35. From the West. Will see if I can safely make it to Las Cruces.

ron and pebbles
Ron

When we were in that area I had lots of wind trouble between Las Cruces and Benson AZ.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:14 AM   #22364

Poured first cup of coffee. 66° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 70° with a mix of sun and clouds. PT went well. But lasted 1 1/2 hours. I took a nap when I got home. Went along fence line and pounded all the metal post straight. That was enough. No plans for today.
Crescent moon has been very bright in evening lately.

Popeye, barn is full of warmth. Need boxes for shipping to those in need.

RonS, made that trip to Las Cruces a few years ago. Ended up in Van Horn. Throttle to the floor. 45 mph max. Be careful and safe.

Gordon, saw your Thanksgiving dinner on FB. Looked good. Safe travels.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 10-12-2021, 05:08 AM   #22365

53+73+85% , they say cloudy but none here , a few off shore..
Wind from the west @ 0mph , How can they tell which direction if there isn't any wind??????

RonJH
I'm thinking bigger boxes might hold the heat longer !

Lloyd
Bike trip ended up mostly dry ?

RonS
Hope the big winds turn out to be little breezes,,Lone Star's way of saying it missing you already......

Wavey decided Zanfir should be headliner today !
It looks like his apprentice program is getting very large

I already TOLD him not for a while after the last time.......... the dancers just went on strike !

He'll either be a hero or a villain......
Old 10-12-2021, 06:26 AM   #22366

Good morning all!

64*, headed for 75*, mostly cloudy at the moment.

Popeye, yes, mostly dry weather,,,, with some edge of your seat riding in the rain with lots of wet leaves on the pavement!

Happy Thanksgiving Canadians,,,,, sorry I am late!!

Careful in the wind Ron! 5 or so years ago we were near Las Cruces and one of our slide toppers got pulled open by a cross wind! Ripped it had to be replaced. Spent a night in a really awefull RV park with the broken topper side down wind. In the morning when it calmed down some was able to open slide and get it to roll back up. Next stop was Quartzsite,,,, where we purchased new toppers.

Cleaned the trailer yesterday, moved it in the barn. Ready to start annual bearing service and checkout. Clean inside and organize some prep for loading in about 3 weeks.

Have everything on hand for coach and genny service, it will be next.

750' of new fence to put up later this week. Expect that will keep me busy 2-3 days this week, then another day in a few weeks once it dry's for paint.

Gordon is in Yuma, arrived Sunday afternoon. All went well for their trip, said fuel prices were awefull. Near $4 at times. Getting settled in. Said the park has many empty sites.

My RV GPS is getting old, no longer have map updates available, etc etc.. Have been looking at a suite of applications called RV LIFE PRO.. A browser based RV trip planning tool, that automaticaly archives your trips in the cloud, and loads them to your tablet or smart phone that is GPS capable. Has all the features needed, vehicle specifics (weight, height, length) for safe big rig routing, and a huge directory of places to stay. The cost is $49 per year,,,,, which is nice when compared to a $500 GPC that seems to have a 5-6 year life. Plan is to signup, and use it in parallel with my Rand McNally during our trip west. Will use my tablet to navigate,,, thereby have a large screen.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-12-2021, 02:13 PM   #22367

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello everyone. Safely off the road in Las Cruces KOA. Winds are 30 mph, gusting to 45. Drive had very strong headwinds, quartering to port. Never would have made that drive without the steering corrections done on coach. Thanks again Ben, Lloyd, Gordon, Frank. Still a hard drive but it was possible. Visibility here now is less than a mile. Tomorrow morning 44° and calm winds. Tucson will be 5 mph out of WNW. I can live with that. Going to get me a bite and take a nap.

ron and pebbles
Old 10-12-2021, 02:28 PM   #22368

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good to hear! Have a good night and safe travels tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2021, 06:11 PM   #22369

Good Morning

A balmy 77* today. Some sun and clouds. Had my yearly thyroid xray today. Will call my ENT and let him know it was done. He said I don't have to come into the office. He will call me with the results. I do have an apt. booked that could go to someone in need. Stopped over my girlfriends house and got an awesome load of pallet wood. He worked construction and saved some scraps. Filled all my excess garbage cans. I have booked into our state park for Sunday. Rain predicted for Friday,Saturday and Sunday. May call them and come in on Monday. Tomorrow I will get my flu shot. The prediction is it will be a bad flu season. Probably due to less mask wearing and hand washing. Stocked up on some books at OLIES. DD had her second job interview at Wegmans. Hopefully the HR person will call next week. He promised to call either way. This is a large grocery store. If she doesn't get the job she will apply elsewhere. Every store is hiring. Safe travels to all and prayers for healing. One lady in my camping club fell and ripped her rotater cuff. Another one is battling some type of blood cancer. He is getting treatment at Roswell cancer institute. Take care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:31 AM   #22370

Coffee is brewing. 58° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 71° with mostly cloudy skies. Did not get much done yesterday. Turned into a conserve energy day. May do the same today.

RonS good trip is going good. Safe travels today.

Ann, good luck with DD job search.

Llyod, every time I use my iPhone for finding a place it seems to not be working when I get close. I have Garmin that does the job very well. It has front and rear dash cams. I am able to add lots of POI to it using POI Factory

Popeye, wind direction should be 360 at 0 mph.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 10-13-2021, 03:34 AM   #22371

Local news station is reporting that border is going to open early next month. But no date yet.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:14 AM   #22372

55+70+85% , All Orby in AM only ? Nope , that was what was predicted last night but today it's changed to partly cloudy...

It seems you can't plan ahead on weather anymore .....
Why do we need the predictors anyway ?
They just pick a computer model ,,,,probably by pulling them out of a hat. Well , that's progress .

Jazz camp held a big meeting ,,, to decide who would be the guitarist for the flamenco dancers !

(I always wonder "why are those people stomping all the time ????"
The answer seems to be ants in their pants ......)

RonS
I'll try to send some of my 0mph winds , but anybody's guess what direction they'll come from
Good to hear all your effort to get the front end working right is paying you back !

RonJH
So all the "no winds" come from the north ?
I'm hoping that doesn't transfer over to storms.....

Well . Nor'easters usually come up from the south ! Right?
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

They're definitely using a hat................there is no logic , Spock would say "interesting" , I say "when do they get a NEW HAT"?

Lloyd
"Edge of your seat" ?
That doesn't sound very comfy , not much seat edge on a moto !

Another mom day here , was supposed to do a double mom day with a friend and his mom but she is having heart issues so I
suggested a picnic at her place. ?? maybe

Took mine for a foliage run yesterday,,,,I showed up at the home @11:15 to pick her up for crab rolls but she was sitting in the dining room just finishing up some chicken marsalla ....
Lunch isn't supposed to be served till noon !
The dining room staff saw her sitting there and gave her lunch early ( well , at least it was a bit fresher than if it had sat in the steam table for an extra hour )!
I put the crab in the fridge for today and picked up an icecream sandwich at the $ store on the way out to the leafy tour...