Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2021, 06:00 AM   #22373

Good morning all!

60*, just a few thin clouds, mostly Carolina Blue.

Popeye, the problem with shipping winds is,,,,, if you send a zero MPH wind,,, it will never get there. And shipping fast winds, defeats the purpose!

Ronj, you need a good application to do it sucessfully. I use one called Gaia on my phone and tablet for back country off-road trips, works great. But not a turn by turn application as it is for trails.

RonS, glad that is over I bet. Safe travels, enjoy the Tucson KOA. If you have not tried it, the food is very good in the lounge. Not sure it they have your beer.

Ann, hope all is good with the Xrays.

Service completed on the trailer. Found no issues. Painted the A frame in front, some reassembly needed this morning and then I can move it out of the barn. Next in line is the coach Genny. Oil change, fuel filter.

Have a great day all!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2021, 06:26 AM   #22374

Lloyd
True Dat !
Old 10-13-2021, 10:27 AM   #22375

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Plan for today is to get our coach into the service shop in Chilliwack BC for so updates, repairs and mods and then once that is finished we are heading south if this news reprort is true

https://www.wgrz.com/mobile/article/...3-cb6b46bcc47c
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:31 PM   #22376

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello everyone. I also have read that US is finally going to open borders for crossing from Canada to US in November, with proof of vaccine.

Made it to Tucson KOA. Safe and sound. Very little wind today, easy drive from Las Cruces. Still trying to get used to tie change from Texas time. 2 hours difference now in Arizona. Had to change my phone. Still trying to figure out how to change laptop. Pebbles and I are heading out for a walk and then back to coach for food and a nap. It is 4:30 Texas, 2:30 Arizona.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:42 PM   #22377

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Nice! Enjoy your evening
Old 10-14-2021, 03:21 AM   #22378

Poured first cup of coffee. 61° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 77° with scattered thunderstorms in PM. Did not get a conserve energy day yesterday. Took front of mule off and installed 4 LED lights in place of the very poor halogen headlights. Still need to add 2 relays to select between 2 and 4 lights. I can wait for awhile. Clean up shop and barn from the mess I made yesterday, today.
A mouth full.

RonS, good you made it to Tucson. We always stopped to get used to new times zone as we traveled.

Lloyd, good looking trail APP.

Popeye, I can ship high winds. But it can be a challenge opening the box.

Moose, sure hope the border rules are something that people can work with.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:37 AM   #22379

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. 45 + 78 here in Tucson today. Severe clear. Going to explore today. Want to visit Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. And check out their camping areas. Might try those next time thru. Also need to wash Tracker. Shows being towed 900 miles so far on this trip. Tomorrow will be at winter home in Yuma. Looking forward to getting settled in and being able to visit. Sunrise in an hour. I am still on Texas time.

ron and pebbles
Old 10-14-2021, 06:44 AM   #22380

Beautiful morning shaping up. It’s 60 degrees in northern RI and not a cloud in the sky. We are supposed to be pushing 80 degrees today. Pretty good for mid October.

Now the bad news. As I type this I am trying hire more laborers, none can be found and even less want to work. I am trying to find enough dumpsters for the projects I have going on now, but seems like those are non existent, and I am going crazy finding in stock materials to complete some of these jobs.

So while the weather is great I am stuck at work living vicariously thru those fortunate enough to go camping. On my way out the door I will stop and look at my motor home sitting idle in the driveway and wonder when the next time will be.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 04:31 PM   #22381

Gulf Streamers Club
Was driving out of RV park this morning to see the sights and something felt funny. Got out and looked and right rear tire was sticking out maybe 2 inches farther than left rear tire. Slowly drove back to camp site and could see tire oving back and forth laterally. Very interesting. Took off tire and axle seemed secure. Put everything back together and went inside and cogitated. Went back outside and crawled under to look. Found four bolts that secure differential housing to body are sheared off. Nothing keeping it from siding left and right laterally. Very interesting. Will be renting a trailer tomorrow and putting Tracker on it and driving the last 235 miles to Yuma. Lucky the whole rear end did not separate from truck while towing last 900 miles.

ron and pebbles
Old 10-14-2021, 05:22 PM   #22382

Good Evening,

Wow RonS, glad it stayed on until you got stopped. Any idea what caused that to happen? Stay safe out there.

Jerry had his cardioversion today. Back in sinus rhythm but at a slow rate around 40 BPM. Need to adjust his meds to get him back up. He feels funny tonight, It can be rough on people so I fixed soup which he is eating right now. It will be enough for now.

Rob & Judy (news friends in Yuma) are on their way to Yuma now also. Looks like most will be there by Nov 15th. Looking forward to Happy Hour at any CG. Will be nice to see friends again. Looking forward to hugs! Chuck & Marilee should be in Yuma before the end of the month.

The temps are supposed to be in the 40's (at night) for the next three weeks. Think we will be getting out just in time. Getting the rig Sunday to winterize her just to be safe. Going to just blow the water out of the pipes and empty tanks. I put water in them to keep things soft inside before putting her away. Will also go through and remove or add clothes depending on needs and wants.

Will have to do the waxing I never got done once we get to Yuma and get the rig washed. Will clean bugs off it before getting it washed and then wax it before to much time goes by.

Hope everyone is doing well. Take care and will see many of you soon.

Lynne
beamisll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:23 PM   #22383

Thanks for the update.

Praying Jerry gets his meds adjusted and feels better soon. Wishing I could go somewhere warm for the winter. Going to have high gas bills this winter. Can't get political as to why. Going to get a lot of rain Saturday and Sunday. Not sure if I will go Sunday or Monday for two weeks of camping. Plenty of me time. Then the campgrounds close for the season. DH put the outside hoses away for the winter. Was 75* today. Next week in the 60* The garden is still producing some big and small tomatoes. DD bought me an early christmas and birthday present. A new android phone. She is having a ball installing things on it. I don't need a smart phone like she has. Ron glad you caught your problem before you had an accident. Take care all. Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:18 AM   #22384

Coffee is brewing. 58° with some light rain this morning. Heading to 61° with continued rain. .55" rain of since yesterday evening. Got all 2 and 4 headlights switch working on mule. Sure is bright even with just 2 lights on. The OEM lights were terrible and used a lot of amps. After lunch it was still very nice outside. Mowed the grass again.
Some leaves are starting to change color close to house.

RonS, good you found rear axle problem before it became a accident. Hope repairs are easy to fix.

Lynne, good Jerry's rhythm is back to normal. Now to get heartbeat back up. Getting MH ready for trip south. Where did the summer go?

Ann, early Christmas gift. So many new features and APPs available. They take great pictures.

Hpozzuoli, , to Gooood Morning!!! thread. Hope you find workers and supplies.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:39 AM   #22385

61 and a brief shower so far ... 90% humidity.
Yesterday made it to 75 again !
Totally forgot to post yesterday..
Solved a problem on the build in a dream and went right to it at wake up , then took mom out for lunch , then..........

RonS
WOW Rear damage a victim of that last off road run ?
Maybe hit a bump on the interstate ?
Hmmmmmmmm both?

Hope it's just an easy out and 4 new bolts fix ...

Opened the show with a comedian today.....
Evening performance.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:46 AM   #22386

Gulf Streamers Club
Tracker loaded up on trailer.Ready to start last leg of trip. On to Yuma.

ron and pebbles