Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-24-2021, 02:37 PM   #22443

Good morning

Feeling back to my self after the ER visit. Now DH is complaining of vertigo. A new problem for him. Will check his BP. Glad the surgery went well for Denise. Continued prayers for a good pathology report. Gordon I have had those quarter pounder hot dogs in the snack bar at Sams club. Yes, our camping season is over. Most places close up sometime in Oct. A few places might be open for winter activities with cabin rental. Need to put my clean laundry away in the RV. DH has to winterize and then we can put the cover on. SAD,SAD,SAD! The plan is to spend a zillion hrs. cleaning up the house and then camp a good chunk of the summer. Take Care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2021, 04:14 AM   #22444

Coffee is brewing. 41 with rain and wind this morning. Heading to 50 with continued rain. .61 most of the day. Did not get anything done yesterday. Well I did watch NASCAR. My guy won again. No plans for today. Except stay inside where it is warm and dry.
Starting to get some color in trees. Moon snuck in to picture. Upper left corner.

Ned, prayers for you and Denise. Good luck finding a RV.

Gordon, good you sat out with coffee. I am afraid I will not get to do that until next May.

Llyod, nice job on headlights.

Ann, always a sad day when RV is put aways for winter. Son brought his over to store my pad last week.

Popeye, remember to keep spare propane tank full.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:13 AM   #22445

Good morning all!

61*, dark out, high of 77*. Expected to get to 77* clear skys.

Ned, happy surgery went well. That is a long one! Prayers it is all good news from here. What kinda rig are you looking for? We can all keep a eye out for your perfect rig.

CWK, harbor freight sells a air powered 3" sander, that has a pad that excepts velcro 3" sanding disks. Can also get foam buffing pads that fit. Anyway, the lights were first wet sanded with 800 grit using the sander. Important to keep the paper and light wet. Same with 1000 grit next, and then 1500. Inbetween each step its improtant to clean and dry the lights,,,, and check that the light is uniformly sanded, scratchs from previous pass are all gone. After the 1500 the light will be foggy looking, if done well uniformly foggy. They were then sprayed with automotive clear coat. Any brand works. We did 3 coats. They do look like new.

RonJ, we did not buff Alex's head,,, we did stop and put a hat on it!

The hinge on our Kawasaki mule windshield broke, plan this morning to replace it.

Thiis afternoon have a annual eye doctors appointment. Always a slow process, they have a lot of waiting involved.

No new calf yet! I keep checking. Moma keeps just hanging out, looks very calm.

Have a great day all!
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:27 AM   #22446

44 and 45 but it's 46 now !
The monsoon has begun as showers.
And it's still in Indiana !
Pretty calm atm but predicted gusts to 30mph before it's ovahhhh

No totals till thursday................glad it's not the white rain !

RonJH
I have 3 20# "bbq" tanks just for heat and the big frame mount 80# for the stove and hot water.

Lloyd
I was the one about the head buffing ,,,,, just asking for a 'friend"
I have another question for today too ,,,,,,Are you a "daddy" yet ?

Ned
Good that the waiting part is over but sounds like you need more waiting arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

The dancers were all out dancing in the rain,,,,,,
till the lightning started.

The flowers weren't so scared and just grew into it.

badooom tsssssshhhhhhh.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:00 AM   #22447
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all.

First: DW had her 6-week check up with the Doc this morning after her shoulder surgery. All is well. She still has to wear a sling to keep the arm immobilized for another 4 weeks. I've been driving her to physical therapy 3 times per week since the surgery. The therapist moves her arm a little more each time as the shoulder heals.

She did try some ice packs the first day or so after surgery to relieve the pain, but they were not needed after that. Having the power recliner has been very helpful. Our manual recliner would not have worked. The "stick shift" for the manual is on the same side as her sling.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers. She is doing well.

Lloyd, thanks for the detailed instructions. I have used a similar routine with both of our cars. It works well. Yes, it is important to clean in between grits, be certain bigger scratches are removed before moving to the next grit, etc.

The only step I was missing was the clear coat. Without it, the plastic starts to get foggy again after a number of months.

I am guessing that automotive clear coat has UV protection? I will need to add the clear coat the next time I process the headlights. Thanks!

The coach has four glass, halogen, 4x6 headlamps. So, no need to polish them.

Everyone, enjoy your day.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 10:43 AM   #22448

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I kinda lucked out on our coach headlights a year or so ago. I was about to take them out for defogging when I had something bang into the right front lens bad enough that it needed replacing. Found a set online and replaced both with less money than the deductible. IIRC $60.00 for the lights (shipping in) and then a hundred or so to install and line up. Our Terrain needs polishing so I will try this out when we get to my buddies place in Quartzsite.

We are working on a plan using the 8th of next month as the crossing date and will be in the area around Q in December.

Have fun y'all and keep your health and safety foremost in your minds.
Dennis & Denise Full Time RV Mutants #40
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 04:06 AM   #22449

Coffee is done brewing. 41 with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 48 with slight chance of some sun in afternoon. Got another .88" of rain. Had nothing planned yesterday and got it all done. Going to move all the stuff that will freeze to cellar today. Take Sassy to groomer. Do a little bit of shopping while waiting for her to get done.

cwk, good that DW is recovering from surgery.

Popeye, stay warm.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:32 AM   #22450

46+52 clouds , rain , humid , wind <20 but gusting 25-40 ....check please !

Big Band tunes (with the house drummer sitting in)...
Flowers by FRU - Flowers R Us

Old 10-26-2021, 06:16 AM   #22451

Good morning all!

57*, dark out side. Carolina Blue Sky forecasted, 70*.

CWK, glad to hear the shoulder healing is going well. Yes, clear is UV resistant,,, but we all still see cars with it peeling.

Windshield repair on the Mule completed. Also Deb and I gave the fall cleaning to the inside of the coach. Everything except the floors,,, a 1,000 trips in and out packing will trash them, will get the floors when done with that.

Eye doctors went well. No issues.

Six month physical with MD tomorrow,,, then off to Charlotte to have lunch with my old work crew. Will be great to see them, it has been almost 2 years.

Have a great day all!
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:36 AM   #22452

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Another great day yesterday. Started another patio project.

Golfing today.

Rumor had it that Ron and Pebbles were going to be at happy hour. So took some treats along. Frank showed up and brought us up to date on the Tracker repairs. Hopefully the tracker will be mobile shortly.

Golfing today. Looks like it will be a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2021, 11:09 PM   #22453

Rainy today

Went for a haircut with my neighbor. Then gassed the truck up on the Indian Reservation. Unleaded gas is $3.00 a gallon. DH"thought winter gas is supposed to be cheaper". The price goes up daily. Thanks Mr. President for cutting production on the pipeline. Tomorrow is going to be rain free. Will be taking the damaged awning parts off the RV. Using bubble wrap to any protrusions that would cut the winter cover. Then covering it up for the winter. Battery will be brought home. It sits in my front hallway all winter. Heavy sucker it is.
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 12:26 AM   #22454

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello everyone. Got Tracker back from Yuma shop today. Still some issues but it will again drive. Had low tire leaving shop and stopped at Big O Tire in Yuma and left. Frank and I went and had a bite. Returned and they said they had to replace both front tire valve stems? Both leaking? Anyway, no charge! Will be running around tomorrow in my own vehicle. Me and Frank are both happy about that. I have not even made it out to RE for happy hour yet. Maybe tomorrow. Hoping travelers are safe and having a good time. Looking forward to seeing all that are here now and all those coming.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:11 AM   #22455

Poured first cup of coffee. 41 with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 55 with cloudy skies. Sassy is happy with her grooming yesterday. Shopping is almost does. Need a trip to Sams Club for more grocery and gas. Now $3.10 per gallon. Got all the stuff that will freeze put away in cellar. After Sam's club need to wash Mule. Then winterize power washer. Put hoses away for the winter.
How far can a Sandhill Crane get its beak into ground. This one was poking in a Mole run.

LosPadres to Goooodmorning!!!. Hope you find the weight info you need.

RonS, good Tracker is back to driveable.

Gordon, hope had a good day golfing.

Llyod, have a good Dr appointment and lunch.

Popeye, make sure everything is tied down.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:49 AM   #22456

48 and still dropping , should bottom out around noon @44
I got some wind ! But NOT 40kt gusts (so far).
Oooops , maybe THAT one was !
NOT raining right now.........

Tommy Emmanuel and a friend is our featured act today .
The dancers requested FLAMENCO !!

Welcome to the group Graham

I have a 23' class C but your own weight distribution could make guessing useless ,,,,so divide your GVW by 6 and times 4 for a ballpark rear weight estimate . Then go ? 20% higher with your spring selection ???? Individual wheel weights at a truck scale ( preferably not the DOT ones ) is the only true way to get that # ...plus good info to help get the weight inside distributed properly and inflation of tires perfect.

Others here may chime in . most are in class A rigs though....