Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2021, 08:03 AM   #22485

My older sister has a ghost that's followed her around for years.

I lived with her once for about 3 months, and so much weird stuff happened in that time. All my sister would say to me when I mentioned it was that her ghost "didn't like me being there."

Things like going to bed with everything locked up and switched off and waking up in the morning with the back door open, lights on and the kettle switched on. One night my sister and I were getting ready to go out and I'd asked to borrow her liquid foundation. I used it and put it back where she kept her makeup. Ten minutes later she's asking me for it and it was nowhere to be seen. She accused me of taking it and made me buy her a new one and refused to listen to my side of the story. About a year or so later when she was packing to move to a new house, she found the makeup in a shoebox with some old letters. The shoebox was in a zipped up suitcase that was underneath her bed.

But probably the most scared I ever felt was one afternoon when I was the only one in the house (which never happened as four other people lived there). I'd arrived home from work and headed straight to the bathroom. All the doors/windows etc were closed. I was standing in the bathroom and started squeezing a pimple on my chin when a female voice in the hall said "stop picking your zits!" It was loud enough and sounded real enough and at the time I thought it was my sister. So I laughed, told her to Buzz Off and asked what she was doing for dinner. No answer. I stuck my head out into the hall. No one there. I searched the house top to bottom and there was no one home. I sat out on the front porch until someone else got home because I didn't want to be in there alone.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2021, 08:07 AM   #22486

Even the flowers were scared after reading those !
Happy Halloween !
Old 10-31-2021, 08:16 AM   #22487

Happy,Happy,Happy.

DH was able to bend the awning bracket back into shape. I would call it 98% good. Just will need to spray paint and reinstall in the spring as the HiLo has it's winter cover on.
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:20 AM   #22488

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Happy Halloween. Have a great day and try not to scare too many kids.

Good stories Popeye.

Had to order a battery for Janets motorcycle. The battery was totally dead.

Ordered a replacement water pump. UPS lost it!

ATT offered to replace Janets phone as it is not compatible with the new system. They lost the order so the replacement is reordered. And somewhere in limbo.

Thats 3. Happy Halloween!! Time to buy lottery tickets.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2021, 03:13 AM   #22489

Poured first cup of coffee. 33° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 48° with mostly sunny skies. Had a good time a son's place yesterday. Got Drone out and took a bunch of pictures. Make final check around and in buildings to make sure nothing is left outside that may freeze. Then a trip to Dr office for blood draw.
Good color in trees.

Llyod, good lantern pictures.

Popeye, like your stories.

Gordon, if you won. The tickets would be lost.

Ann, good most of the damage is repairable.

Orrin, The big college game in Michigan Saturday was won by a Michigan team.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-01-2021, 04:58 AM   #22490

51+57 all orb (when it decides to get up) and windy 15 w/ gusts to 25. 90% RH.

The green guys joined in the show and brought some fans (ok they were all being held at eliminator point)..

A large group of sno* haters were included cuz Wavey thought it might work to save some $$ on keeping the heaters fed .

Old 11-01-2021, 05:29 AM   #22491

Good morning all!

45*, should be Carolina Blue Sky once the sun is up. Headed for 70*.

Awesome motorcycle ride yesterday, leader had a great route and the fall scenery was greaat. There were 32 bikes at breakfast, and 14 of us on the ride.

Popeye, scary stories! I would have moved out sooner.

Ann, great news. Glad the bracket went back into shape.

Have fence to paint today, not sure what time, dew is very heavy fence needs to dry.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-01-2021, 07:58 AM   #22492

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ron, Cowboys won I hate to see them win. Getting ready to go to work, short day, I hope.

Weather getting colder and MH in storage. I miss it and can't worrying that I winterized it properly. Blew out the water lines twice and poured antifreeze in all drains and traps. I'll find out in the spring.

I am already thinking about doing a turkey on the rotisserie for Thanksgiving.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:18 AM   #22493

Well, it's been a while and looks like I have some reading to catch up on with ya'll but I have a good reason for being AWOL!

Lost my Best Riding Bud last week (10 days ago now) and going to miss him terribly. He had kidney cancer the same year I did, but his matasticized into lung cancer and although he fought it to the end, it took him down after our group motorcycle last Ride 2 months ago. He was on a ventilator for 5 weeks, before he had to hang up his leathers. He was a tough Larger Than Life Guy, who left a big hole in the Motorcycle Racing World. They should make a movie about his life. He was a real Steve McQueen type personality. Yea, they knew each other when Steve was still alive and riding. RIP Robert E. Lee

First met him when I was 20 years old, so we've been friends a long time! HIs FIL live a few streets over from my Folks and the FIL raced AA Fuel Dragsters. Jackie Peebles if anyone wants to Google him.

Now I'll back up a few pages and catch up!
Old 11-01-2021, 08:11 PM   #22494

Curtis good to hear from you.

Sending sincere condolences on the loss of your motorcycle buddy. Had an interesting day. MRI of my c-spine. Was nervous the machine would be too close and give me closterphobia. Dr.ordered me 20mg of Valium. Turns out the machine was plenty big and probably could have only used 10mg of valium. X-ray place had no clue what my copay would be. Next week I see the PA/Neurosurgeon. Came home and crashed out in my lift chair. Tomorrow is three scripts for blood work. Consulted m with my mail order pharmacist. Possibly my B/P rx is causing my elevated liver enzimes. Will probably end up at my Primary MD. The fun never ends. Take care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:16 PM   #22495

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
So sorry for your loss, Curtis!
Ann, hope it is something simple like your BP meds making the high liver enzymes!
Prayers for the two Denice's Too!
Everyone take care! Rail!
Old 11-02-2021, 03:06 AM   #22496

Poured first cup of hot coffee. 33° with chance of rain and snow this morning. Heading to 44° with mostly cloudy skies. Got my final cleanup done outside. Dr appointment was a blood draw for next week Dr visit. Plan to start taking down fence on west side of property. Will see how far I get with that s!!! in the forecast.

Curtis, so sorry for your loss of long time friend. May he RIP.

Popeye, haters will not stopped the white stuff when it is going happen. Send them down south with Snowbirds.

Llyod, good to get in fall bike rides.

Lynne, hope you and Jerry got headed south.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Moring All.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:03 AM   #22497

42+54 cloudy , 7mph WSW , 67%.

Heya Curtis !
Good ta see you're still here and sorry 'bout your bud .....
Musta been some good times. I hear they have Fat Boy's in heaven

Rail
Beach season approaches.............

RonJH
Just say NO to Sno*.

The haters didn't work out.
I'll send them south but not telling them the best spots... ...heaters are on standby if you need them.

Lloyd
Weather sounds like good riding time.
Foliage happening down there ?

Ann
Sounds like you got lucky bending the aluminum.
Doctors sure like their tests........

Bobby and Tim , car 54 where are you ?

:flow ers:: flowers::flowe rs::f lowers::flower s::fl owers::flowers ::flo wers: :flow ers:: flowers::flowe rs::f lowers::flower s::fl owers::flowers ::flo wers:

Jazz Camp providing the tunes.
The flower crew had a looooooong night
Old 11-02-2021, 05:11 AM   #22498

Good morning all!

46*, should be a mostly sunny day, high 60's.

Curtis, good to hear from you. Sorry for your loss!!

Ann, hopefully something simple gets you back to normal.

Painted fence yesterday morning, 2 small jobs. Waiting for the new fence install to have the utilities marked. Plan is to start Thursday, probably get done by end of day Friday. Meanwhile very busy here trying to get ready. May miss our planned Sunday departure, not a big deal.

Today need to wash the coach, and hope to get the rest of the stuff in the trailer, and hooked up to the coach. That will be a full day.

Was in a text with Frank and Lynne yesterday, she and Jerry were on their way.Frank has been sharing the current state of construction in front of our Yuma park,,, the access road has been torn up down to the base. Have to come in the exit.Not a big deal, but saves some pain of getting off the interstate and having to get turned around.

RonJ, did you get your fence down?

Have a great day all!