Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-09-2021, 07:47 PM   #22541

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Evening;
Lloyd - Phyllis and Dennis moved out so we can see past Patti and Dons. Good view of the bamboo but they say there will be some cleaning. I take a liberty by saying I can see the river but it is just the foliage on the river bank.

Have a safe trip. 0 dark is pretty early so if you get to feeling tired I know you will stop if necessary.

Warm today and very humid. Golfing was OK but a chore near the end. Still had fun.

Tomorrow is a bike trip to Brawley and El Centro.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2021, 08:37 PM   #22542

Good Morning.

RV Popye thanks for the good laugh about the vocational Evaluator.The evaluating agency is beyond help. I tried to work with them before DD got out of high school and found them to be useless,clueless. Pretty bad when the Vocational supervisor says what they did was all wrong. The supervisor is from the requesting/paying agency. A little back story. When DD was in high school the computer technology program was in another city Boces. The school district couldn't find anyone to transport. The school district claimed they could provide the same computer classes in district. Not a true statement as they didn't teach the repairing aspect. I should have retained a lawyer and fought them on this.Sometimes you only have so much advocacy in you. Certainly a full time job. Here we are years later trying to correct a problem from years ago. Now the closer Boces has the Computer technology program. We have spoken with the teacher and he doesn't know if they will accept an adult in the class as it is full of high school students. Post high school she took Microsoft office word,excell and power point. The miracle is that they will accept her in the class that starts in Sept. The next step is for her to do an intake at Boces and talk to the teacher. We would have done this sooner,but Covid got in the way. LLoyd your experience is a great encouragement to me. Some say you have to have a college degree to work in IT. She doesn't want to be a secretary. Her wish is to trouble shoot. Last week her job coach arranged her to shadow the IT guys at her old school. It was a very productive field trip. Her job coach was suprised at what Melissa knew. She is always helping the neighbors with computer problems/setup. This is done on a volunteer basis. Change of subject. A customer tried to go out the door where Melissa stands at work. She had a cart with merchandise. Melissa directed her to the checkouts. She abandoned her cart. It was doccumented as a loss prevention. She should have been written up for another Homer reward. I am grateful for my encouraging Good Morning friends. Some day we will meet. Take care, Ann
Sam 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 04:37 AM   #22543

Drinking first cup of coffee. 31 with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 55 with clouds moving in afternoon. Got out of Dentist office with just a cleaning yesterday. After a nap I cut some angle iron and mounted caster wheels to wood jointer. Plan to haul fencing I took down to scrap metal yard today. Covid has come to my neighborhood. Neighbors pregnant wife tested positive yesterday. Do not know full story yet. I saw her Monday and was in feeling good.
I have taken so many good pictures lately out my kitchen window. Thought I would show what I see while sitting at Island Counter before all the leaves fall.

Llyod, safe travels.

Ann, hope the meeting with teacher goes well.

Gordon, have a great bike ride.

Popeye, right side is overfilled.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-10-2021, 09:06 AM   #22544

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Lloyd posted on Facebook that he and Debbie were on the road.

Got a note from the people waiting at the border. The border opened at 12 eastern time so the line started moving at 10 local. All they had to show was their passport and vaccination documentation. Others I have heard did not have to show vaccination. Curiouser and curiouser. Only thing consistent is the inconsistency.

Some of the group got the booster. They have been absent from happy hour. They are supposed to ride with us today. Hope they are feeling better.

Have a great day. May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:18 AM   #22545

hey all, W*** has kept me extremely busy, as well as keeping up with Denise. We had a fantastic dr's visit on Monday, three week follow up with the surgeon. the pathology from the lymph node samples they took during her procedure came back, 37 sites sampled, Zero signs that it had spread. We still have to see an oncologist, but as it stands now, she shouldn't need chemotherapy.

Thanks all for the well wishes and thoughts, Denise and I are so thankful for your support. As I said recently we're starting to search for a good used rig, and will be hitting the highway once we can locate one. Part time at first, but our 'bucket list' of places to see is growing.
Old 11-11-2021, 04:55 AM   #22546

Ned
Great news for you two !
Hoping for continued + results.

Hope you find a nice rig...
Hey Rail ! We've got a customer !

Post type , size , floor plan etc. and a general area you want to look . We even have "spotters" for long distance rig check outs...

Lloyd
Progress updates plzzz.
Shiny side up..

RonJH
Mr Chippy sez , Thank You Sir , May I Have Another ?

RonS
So , did you survive all the wild birthday partying ?
and , did you find some Shiner ? or bring it from home????

I seem to have either missed posting or another one for vapor land yesterday....

Some interesting groups joining the well wisher dance troupe....

The greenies sent their FMA (Future Martian Army) recruits for a preliminary inspection of the Earth colony...

A bunch of old guys that just realized it's almost winter and they can't find their shovels,,,,,,

AND the "I coulda had a V8 " fan club was in town too..
Old 11-11-2021, 10:22 PM   #22547

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Lloyd and Deb posted on FB that they have arrived in Weatherford Tx. for the evening on their second day of travel! So they made it 500+ miles today, and got thru D/FW metro area! All downhill from there!

Thailand opened up for vaccinated tourists the 1st of Nov. but still have a bunch of hoops to jump thru!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 11-11-2021, 10:47 PM   #22548

Gulf Streamers Club
Are you now able to travel to the US and then back into Thailand?

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 04:28 AM   #22549

Poured first cup of coffee. 35 with clear skies this morning. Heading to 50 with cloudy skies in PM. Got my grocery shopping done. Shelves seemed to be fully stocked. Did a little cleanup in shop and around yard. Ready as I can be for winter. Dr. appointment this morning. Could not tell that I had cleaned up lawn Wednesday by 2 pm yesterday. Neighbor came over and cleaned it up for me. As he was leaving storm front moved in. Does not look like either of us did anything.
Caught this little guy hiding in the leaves.

Rail, hope they opened up so you can travel to USA and back this coming summer.

Popeye, Mr Chippy is still finding cheek stuffers. I see my post from yesterday is missing.

Ned, good news on Denise. Hope you find the rig that you need for travel. My wife never went full-time. But we did spend over 6 month traveling in it a few years.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-12-2021, 05:43 AM   #22550

47+57 73% RH , It's nice now but she's gonna be a soggy one....
12 hrs of rain 9-9. No shovel yet.

Looks like Rail and Jira are gonna get some Mona time this year !!

Go Lloyd And Deb Go !
Downhill ? Uphill ?, yeah some but mostly FLAT , IIRC !
(No , Sierra Blanca is not a mountain!)
You got this , maybe up+downhill El Paso or the Dragoons by nightfall ???

RonJH
You lost a post too ? Not saying aliens...but.
It was the aliens I tell ya ! ( I wrote that )

Something's falling on my roof ??? Just leaves .

Today's show goes out to Sally and Bobby,,,,,hope everything is going in the right direction.

Musician convention in town...
Elvis did a cameo too !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2021, 08:58 AM   #22551

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
RonS, we have always been able to leave and come back home, since we live here, and I have a Thai visa. Jira is fully vaccinated, so she can visit the US. Me, not vaccinated, but can travel with a current negative COVID test, to the US and back to Thailand, and can quarantine here at our second home when I come back! The rules are changing all the time, so, who knows what the future holds! Crazy times we live in! I think a plane ride wearing a mask for 30+ hours with layovers is insane! Flight time is around 19 hours or so, depending on tail winds, so, untill that gets better, I don't see me making the trip any time soon! Plus, it is winter back there, and I would freeze solid! Thin blood and all! We will see next year, what happens with all this craziness! Jira is already planning and booking trips, so she is hoping everything gets back to normal!
We have only had a few cases (less than 20) of COVID-19 here in Lampang Thailand, and most of them have been brought in by outsiders!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 11-12-2021, 02:47 PM   #22552

Gulf Streamers Club
We all hope some sanity returns to the world soon. Will see y'all whenever you are able to get back here. Birthday party for me and Frank starting in an hour. Rita organized the party and baked the cakes. Just a few close friends coming over. Maybe 30ish people and a few dogs. Hot dogs from the grill. Wish you were here.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 03:50 AM   #22553

Hot coffee taste good this morning. 33 with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 42 with chance of rain with a little Sno* thrown in. Dr visit went well. It was last scheduled visit this year. Seems like I spend way to much time visiting Dr's. Neighbor and I cleaned up wood to east of me. Where county dumped tree trunk from tree they cut down a few weeks ago. Was good to get seat time. Finished as the wind picked up with some rain. No big plans for today. Time to make a pot of Spaghetti. Wind and rain pasted this leaf to my kitchen window.

Rail, sure hope you and Jira can make it to the USA next summer. Your MH must be lonesome.

RonS, cake and hot dogs. Good way to celebrate a birthday.

Popeye, weather guessers' are forecasting lots of cold and wet this winter. Hope you got your RV sealed up for warmth. I may not have much, if any, warmth to share this winter. I do have a new good working furnace.

Llyod, you should be getting close to Yuma. Safe travels.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-13-2021, 08:27 AM   #22554

Cold and damp here today with snow in the forecast for tonight, yuck! Now I need to get the snow blower out of storage and put the lawn mower in storage. This will be a good time to rearrange the garage.

Looking forward to the Badgers playing today. I hope they beat Northwestern.

After reading previous posts, I am happy everyone is doing well. Neat picture of the leaf stuck to the glass.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote