Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-16-2021, 06:49 AM   #22569

Good morning. Cold here, 25 headed to 50, but will be very windy. Most leaves are down, but the oaks seem to hang on to them until very late in the year. Neighbor has 2 red maples that are still gorgeous.

Off to work to get ready for auto auction this evening. Always fun to see my friends from other dealerships.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2021, 08:55 AM   #22570

Good morning all from Yuma!!!

We arrived yesterday at 9::45am. Spent the night Sunday about 75 miles away, didn't want to enter the park after dark, Our new site is great, trailer parked with us on site, still plenty of room.

Trip out was for the most part uneventfull. Made to extra stops, one at the National WWII WASP museum in Sweetwater Texas. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The womenn of that group contributed so much to that effort. 1,102 WASP flew 60 million miles in just over 2 years delivering aircraft to the fronts.

Also stopped at The Cattlemens Steak House at Indian Cliffs Ranch in Faben Texas. A amazing place. Includes a Zoo, and a huge restaurant with fantastic steaks on a huge working ranch out near nowhere. Over nighting in their lot is welcome, so we did. Very nice.

Healing prayers for everyone.

Curtis, paryers for Melissa.

Moose, good news. See you soon. We will try our best to make meet and greet.

Popeye, Ugh for another Mom's place lockdown. When will it end?

Have a great day all! Busy still getting set up for the next 4 months.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:43 AM   #22571

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Welcome to Yuma Lloyd, Debbie, Ben, Barb. Looking forward to seeing and visiting soon. Took front end driveline apart yesterday on Tracker. Right axle was not engaging into differential correctly. Spline on that end is pretty buggered up. Still not sure why. New axle on order and it should arrive Friday. Will compare old with new and see if we can figure out what the cause of failure was. Scheduled to put all back together Saturday morning. . If all goes well we will be driving it Sunday for our first of the season desert ride. Me and Frank are doing a little upgrade on our rides. Adding a 12v cigarette lighter and USB plug to rear of Tracker and Jeep. Frank wants to be able to power his refrigerator on 12v. I think all the remaining parts came in last evening around 7pm from UPS. Picking up some gear oil and misc today from Napa to be ready for Saturday install. Hot air balloons Saturday morning in Yuma for those that are interested. All those on the road be safe and have fun. Healing prayers for those in need.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 01:15 PM   #22572

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Our coach is being worked on and repainted in Chilliwack BC. The painters said it should still be ready by Friday if all goes well. The problem right now is getting from our daughters place on Vancouver Island to the repair depot.

https://www.google.com/search?q=glob...XOwCtQQ4dUDCA0

See also

https://www.google.com/search?q=cbc+news+bc+flooding&client=firefox-b-d&ei=LfSTYdb8CqTL0PEP8-CqoA0&oq=cbc+news+bc+flooding&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6E AwyBQgAEMQCOggIABCwAxDEAjoGCAAQBxAeSgQIQRgBUJwIWPQ PYIEiaAFwAHgAgAFOiAGSApIBATSYAQCgAQHIAQHAAQE&sclie nt=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiWx9nEvZ30AhWkJTQIHXOwCtQQ4dUDCA0

At present all the highways between us and the coach are likely to reopen by Friday. The highways that we need to travel to get to the stuff we have stored are likely to be closed for an undetermined amount of time because of rock slides.

We're caught between a rock and a hard landslide it seams. Will update when we know how we can navigate this mess to get over the border.

In the map image shown below we are on Vancouver Island where the "Weather Network" logo is shown and have to travel to Chilliwack to get our coach and then on to the far rights side where we head to get our stored possessions. Every highhway is presently blocked.

Dennis & Denise Full Time RV Mutants #40
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:02 AM   #22573

Drinking first cup of coffee. 43 with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 59 with chance of rain in afternoon. Got gardens around house cleaned up. Used lawn mower to blow leaves into field and woods. Used leaf blower to clean out areas around building. No need for neighbor to come over with trac-Vac. Tree came down along west tree line. Need to cleanup branches and other stuff after one of my neighbors hauled away the trunk. Also have some shrubs to pull out along fence line that I took fence down on. That should be enough to do before it rains.
Deer has it winter colors.

Moose, hope they clear roads soon so you can safely get to your stored possessions.

Llyod, good you made it to Yuma and getting setup.

Orrin, darn Oaks seem to drop leaves all winter long here. Need to leave net over garden Pond to keep it clean.

RonS, hope you get parts and Tracker back together for Sunday ride.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:28 AM   #22574

Good morning all!

Another pretty day cpming up here in Yuma. Nice to be here.

Lynne and Jerry drove, and the 4 of us went over to Rivers Edge to visit Happy Hour,,,,,,, not knowing they were having a big party. Well, it was a great time, we got fed and stayed till after 8pm. Got to see everyone who is there in one visit.

Moose, that looks like a mess. Hope it gets cleared soon! Are you having entire coach painted??

RonS, hollar if I can help.Won't be the same if your tracker is not in first run.

Park has the residence meeting this morning, going to attend. Didn't have the meetings last year due to covid. Spoke with manager, says they have many yet to arrive.

Lynne and Jerry, Deb and I are having a happy hour here at our park tomorrow afternoon (Thursday). Invited everyone we know to come join us. Will be fun.

Saw some pretty high fuel prices on the way here, highest was Tucson $4.79 a gallon. 50 miles up the road it was $4.05 at the same vendors. We paid $3.71.

Have a great day all!!!
Old 11-18-2021, 04:25 AM   #22575

Coffee taste good this morning. 38 with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 42 with mostly cloudy skies. Went outside to start yesterday's projects. But everything was wet from a mist that stayed all day. .2" of rain. Instead started a project to carry my pole saw, trimmer and other long pole tools on Mule. Made a pot of Spaghetti. Took a nap. While it will be cooler today. I should be able to get yesterday's chores done.

Llyod, wish I could join your happy hours.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:02 AM   #22576

Good morning all!!!!

Dark out,, 59* at the moment, headed for 84*. No clouds in the plan.

Went to a dance here in the club house last night, fun time. Band was very good. Not a late night or anything, show ended at 9:30. Fun!

Have the crew comining to wash 2,200 miles of road crud off the coach this morning. Must have killed 10,000 bugs!

RonJ, wish you could be here! Would be great to meet you.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-18-2021, 08:03 AM   #22577

Good morning everybody. 28 here going to 34 with some light snow.

Going to meet some old high school friends a noon, have lunch and play some cards.

Went to check on the coach Tuesday night and pulled out some paper I had left in drawer and "low and behold" I found a receipt for road service I had forgotten about. Turned it in to American Family and they paid the claim same day. Wow, $148 mad money!

Wish I could meet all of you in southern Arizona, weather sound great.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:38 AM   #22578

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
60* here in the great Northeast! But won't last long, LOL supposed to snow tonight and more than likely will!
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:52 PM   #22579

Temps increased overnight ??! it rained too .
48 + 58 RH 90% a cloudy day with winds ~10.SSW.

Terry
I'm not coming to visit you or Orrin
61.2 here @2 pm Supposed to be just rain tonight temps dropping all night but still 40 @6 am when the rain ends...46 high tomorrow .

Lloyd and Deb are back in the land of warm winters !
You guys are gonna have 3 happy hours to choose from this year !

Moose
Yer gonna miss out !
Light a fire under those paint and road crews
They can use some of that water to put it out.....

RonS
Hope you can get 'er done and not miss a ride in your "new improved rig" . Looks like there will be helpers in attendance

RonJH
Did you sharpen your shovel yet ????????????
I can hear the "Frosty" song already........

tested ALL the heaters today , only 4 singed their hair
96 were enough.
Old 11-19-2021, 04:07 AM   #22580

Drinking lots of hot coffee. 30 with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 40 with chance of Sno* in AM. Got shrubs pulled out and cut down. Hauled all the limbs away from tree that fell. Got up early for Moon Eclipse. No luck. Nothing but clouds. Will put some time in making rack for Mule today.
Neighbor called to tell me he tested positive for Covid yesterday. His wife is getting better every day.

Orrin, good to find receipt in a drawer $$$.

Llyod, keep those warm temperature coming. I think us that are still up north are going to need yo send some are way this winter.

Popeye, I am trying to avoid getting sno* tools out. But it's getting closer.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-19-2021, 05:03 AM   #22581

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Up early to see eclipse. An hour ago sky was clear with good view. Eclipse was about a third of full moon missing. Cell phone camera will not capture an image of eclipse. Today getting some tires mounted for Tracker. And today replacement axle is due in. Last night went to Bonita Mesa for happy hour. Many friends from RE there.. Saw Lloyd and Debbie for first time this season. And saw Lynne and Jerry's new site. Great patio at this site. Happy birthday Frank.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 08:30 AM   #22582

Good Morning! Eez Moose, I just looked at the pictures of the disaster in BC. Glad that you and Denise are OK. Looks like you will be there a while, Vancouver Island IS cut off unless you can get a ferry to US and go back north. Hope your family is OK too.

Cold here this morning 21 headed to 38. Very windy here yesterday and brought down lots more leaves. I have an Hispanic family that has a landscaping business do the leaves. These are super nice people and work their "asses" to try and get ahead. My shoulder just won't do it any more.

Lunch with HS bods went well yesterday, good food and good cards. Now meeting up with motorcycle buddies for lunch at noon. Gosh, it's always something.

Y'all have a good day and keep the dirty side down.