Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2021, 08:25 AM   #22583

Good morning all!

55*, headed for 80* here in Yuma, clouds not in the plan.

Had the crew here yesterday to wash the coach. Washed the roof then the entire coach. Towel dried. Looks really nice. $50 plus tip. They use spot free water.

Fun time for Happy Hour last night, big crowd. Food went over really well. Most of it gone. I made miny grill cheese sandwhiches, Deb made a big croc pot of meatballs.

Everyone seems excited about the first official Jeep run, I know I am. Just a easy run Sunday but a lot of pretty scenery.

I slept thru the eclipse,,,, still adjusting and recovering for the time changes and trip out here.

Sounds like the cold is moving in big time up north. Sun is still very strong here, when it is out it is warm.

Have a great day all!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2021, 08:33 AM   #22584

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Got up for the eclipse. Looked at midnight, 2 am and 5 am so saw the beginning, max and end. Took a couple pictures with phone. Having seen the event in person one of the pictures is somewhat representative. Although the flash went off it did not do much to illuminate the event. It was a 0.974 event.

Happy hour was great at Bonita Mesa. Lots of the old group and a few new folks. Lots of great food.

Going to be nice for the next while. 80's for the next few days then mid to high 70 for the following week. One of the best falls here in my memory.

Good luck on getting to the US Dennis. The crews will be out there working like crazy to get the transportation links reconnected. Not normal for such widespread destruction but most are designed for 1 in a 100 year events (whatever that means) so "things" happen. See you soon.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-19-2021, 02:00 PM   #22585

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks all,

Denise and I are trying to figure out a plan and simply can't plan until ol' curly hair in Ottawa drops some of his intellectually challenged rulings are dropped. If our Prime Minister drops the covid test 72 hour requirement we can circumvent to BC highways and head straight to the states and travel east to Spokane and then back north into Canada to pick up our stored possessions and then head south along the 395 highway system.

That's our current hope which will follow closely on the reopening of highway 1 through Abbotsford BC. We had hoped to use highway 7 but our Premiere has decide it is only open to commercial and necessary travel. So we are still between a rock and a hard place.

Thanks for all your concern for our well being.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 08:54 PM   #22586

Gulf Streamers Club
Eez Moose, hoping all the dominoes fall into place and y'all are able to get out of Dodge. Seems there is always something that comes up to foul our best laid plans.

News on Tracker repair today. Got replacement CV axle delivered today from RockAuto. At 7:30pm. Compared with old axle and this one is 5/16" longer on the spline that goes into differential. And spline is 3mm larger in diameter. Curious that. Would explain why old axle backed out of spider gear and why axle seal was chewed up. Back together tomorrow I hope.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 02:54 AM   #22587

Coffee is done brewing. 29° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 39° with cloudy skies. Weather was great yesterday. Thought it would be a good day to take pump and filters out of garden pond. Rack for Mule got put on hold until today. Will work on that and find time to get a haircut. No other plans.
Caught moon rise yesterday evening.

Moose, sure hope you can get down to warm weather soon.

RonS, sure hope you get car back together for tomorrows ride. How long as the bad axle been in Tracker?

Orrin, have a good meeting with HS buddies.

Gordon, at least you got to see Eclipse.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:58 AM   #22588

31+43 all orb and wind below 10.

You all knew it would happen.....
193 days

:greetings1 0:

Old 11-20-2021, 06:52 AM   #22589

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning, Saturday DW and I are going to look at her new to us long arm quilting machine. She says it's a Handi Quilter, I don't know what that means, and it cost $$$$. Oh the things I could do with the MH.

In the 20's last night, but no wind. Clear sky and full moon. I like a full moon, in the winter with snow on the ground it gets so bright. Anyway Sophie, Goldendoodle, enjoyed her walk and did her thing.

I would think that the ferry between Anacortes and Sidney would still be operating, but what do I know, I have not been there in a long time. Good luck, Dennis.

Maybe DW and I will build a fire in the fireplace and enjoy the evening tonight.

Keep the shiny side up!
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 08:13 AM   #22590

Good morning all!

55* here in Yuma, 79* should be about the high.

RonS, sounds like you have what you need. Some assembly required!!!

Dennis,,, hope the obstacles to your escape clear soon. Is the coach in danger of freezing where it is?? Pictures of the damage are horrific.

Having some issues getting my satilite TV working. First problem was no signal on any of the 3 tv's from the reciever. Took the box to local satelite store and they tested it for $10, AOKAY. Suggested I reset my HDMI splitter, and Baa Da Bing it fixed that problem. However now having a issue finding the satelites. Gonna check the cable this morning make sure it hasn't broken.

Gonna get a bicycle ride in this morning.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-20-2021, 09:21 AM   #22591

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
The balloon festival is underway - I think? The mass ascension was supposed to be across the river at sunrise this morning. Sun was well up by the time I remembered the event. Looked out and it appears they have lifted off without any supervision from me. They do it again tomorrow but wi*d is predicted.

Moose - there is the 72 hour return window now in effect or soon to be in effect. That makes less sense than any of the other rules. But it will work. No test required to get into the US but a PCR ($150) required to get back. These guys must spend their evenings holding their breath till they turn blue!!

Going to be unsupervised for a goodly amount of time today so may swap in the new water pump.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2021, 01:49 PM   #22592

Gulf Streamers Club
Tracker is now back on her feet. Replacement front CV able was installed and all seems to be working correctly. Went for a short run in desert next to our place in Foothills and she pulled out of sand easily. Picture of replacement axle on left and old one on right. Thanks to Michael Jackman for organizing the work and Frank for helping. Back out in the desert tomorrow on our first RE 4 wheelers run of the season.

ron and pebbles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tracker front diff splines.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	349412  
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 03:16 AM   #22593

Drinking first cup of coffee. 25° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 42° with a good chance of rain/Sno* in afternoon. Got my haircut yesterday. Makes feel much better when hair in not is my eyes. Sassy came out of hiding and got a bath. Worked on pole rack for Mule. Going to try to work on it again today.
Did not take long for most pf the leaves to drop off trees in woods.

RonS, good all the repairs got done on Tracker. Enjoy 4 wheeler run today.

Gordon, look out the window early for balloons today.

Llyod, glad I do not have to play with satellite setup anymore. Hope you get it figured out.

Popeye, one less. Now 192 days.

Orrin, last year my furnace died. Used wood with gas longs in it to heat house for a month to keep warm. It felt great to be near it. We heated house with wood for many years. Something good about the warmth coming from a wood fire. But it nice to have a furnace that works.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:38 AM   #22594

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good Morning! 36 here now and going to 46. Never got to build the fire, I have a Dewalt shop vac and threw the old filter away and could not get a replacement. Can't clean out the fireplace without it or make a big mess. Home Depot handles Dewalt vac's and doesn't carry parts or bags.

Menards has been very helpful and sent me home with 2 to check for size. I will go back today with vac head in hand and see if they can help some more.

Badgers won yesterday in a close shoot out. Packers vs. Vikings at noon, hope they can keep the winning streak going.

Ron, I looked at the axels and hard to believe they came from the same truck. Have fun.

Dennis, here is your get out of Canada free card.

"GET OUT OF CANADA FREE CARD"

Print this and present to anyone who may try to stop you for whatever reason.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 06:51 AM   #22595

40+47 all clouds , no wind.
No rain ,,,,till late pm , then all day tomorrow

RonS
One of these things is not like the other.....
Good on you for figuring out the issue !!

moose
There's gotta be a way , you'll find it !

Lloyd
The high temp sounds nice !! 192 days.................
Have fun in the desert today. Hope Ron doesn't lead you anywhere you get stuck. (hey , it's bound to happen eventually
)

RonJH
Yes 192.
I used wood heat for many years,,,It's LOTS of work !
The old saying it heats you twice should be more like three , maybe four times minimum though.....cutting splitting stacking carrying carrying carrying loading and don't forget emptying the ashes out on the icy sidewalk.....

Much simpler now with propane. It heats me when I burn it and I freeze when I'm carrying around the tanks.

It was tough getting the crew going this morning...almost all decided to stay under the covers in their bunks.
Old 11-21-2021, 09:29 AM   #22596

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
"Good Morning! 36 here now and going to 46. Never got to build the fire, I have a Dewalt shop vac and threw the old filter away and could not get a replacement. Can't clean out the fireplace without it or make a big mess. Home Depot handles Dewalt vac's and doesn't carry parts or bags."
Amazon has them.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote