Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:45 AM   #22639

Good morning all!

53* here at the start of my day, 82* the predicted high. No clouds to be found.

It is Sunday, trail ride day. Fun trail today with a bunch of optional obstacles, some can be pretty difficult. One of the obstacles,,,,, resulted in almost everyone being towed up 2 years ago.

A whole lot of winter going on out there.

Moose..... how are you and Denise? Able to get on the road yet? Reading some roads are back open.

Breakfast ready,,,, have to go. Afterwards get ready for the ride.

Have a great day all!
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2021, 11:59 AM   #22640

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Wavenators looked out of the window and waved. Nobdy waved back.

Great day on the way. Soaking up as much heat as possible.

Janet has suggested taking the cooler from here to haul stuff home. Will fill it full of warm stuff and open when we get home. Be prepared for a small rush of warm air from the north in early December. Will give it a good push when the cooler is opened. Wonder if it should be called a warmer when filled with warm stuff? Or a hotter when filled with hot stuff? I have converted a cooler to use with our immersion heater. Anything I put in it is heated to 140+ for hours! Still refer to it as a cooler??

Gong to go out and see what kind of trouble I can get into. Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2021, 04:05 AM   #22641

Coffee is done brewing. 23 with clear skies this morning. Heading to 37 with cloudy skies. May get some fresh snow this evening. Got my drive and neighbors cleared. Snow melted off all hard surfaces by evening. My neighbor that has been hospital since last Tuesday came home yesterday evening. He was being treated for Covid19. Dr's have told him he will need at least 4 weeks of recovery before he will be able to return to work. I have no plans for today. Maybe I should clean up shop after last couple of projects.

Gordon, hope the cooler full of warmth helps us all cold country.

Llyod, hope your trail ride went well.

Orrin, you still leaves on trees. Must be a lot of Oaks.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:42 AM   #22642

31+36 cloudy am and orby pm.RH 73 to 44% wind10N.
All my oaks leaves left , with the gusts in the last storm....
I might have to take an idea from those^ doves and wear down !

Could you guess ? One of the dancers wanted to produce the show today and Wavey OK'd it before I arrived
Old 11-29-2021, 08:26 AM   #22643

Black friday

Years ago my DD and I went to Walmart for Black Friday deals. Spent four hrs. waiting to be cashed out. Will never do this again. My mother got all of us gifts for our birthdays in Dec. and Christmas gifts. I just bought a few gifts for the grand kids. I have been married 39yrs. I can't even picture where I would put any stuff in my full house. DD bought her dad the ring wired door bell for christmas. Waiting for a warmer day to install. Mom has been gone three years. Miss her the most at the holidays. Prayers for those in need. Take care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 09:19 AM   #22644

Good morning all!

55* headed for 84*,,,, no clouds in sight!

Gordon, we figured out with Barb and Ben in Mexico, Kathy in San Diego, and Chuck not feeling well there was nobody to meet with at RE.

We had a good run, a small repair was needed on Rob and Judy's Jeep but we got it done and everyone completed the ride.

Ann, yes, I avoid the entire Black Friday Christmas crazy time.

Still struggling getting my satelite dish working, going to try and get a satelite guy to come take a look this week.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-29-2021, 09:39 AM   #22645

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Record highs in desert southwest this week. Great run in the desert yesterday. First time this season that I started and ended with 4 wheel drive working. A trend I hope to continue. We ended day with supper at The Eatery in Yuma Foothills. Good food and good visit. Spoke of an overnight trail trip of 130 miles through some hostile desert terrain strting SE of Yuma and returning to Yuma. Working to get Lynne and Jerry's Tracker touch-up paint done. Hood earlier. Driver side today or tomorrow. Then see if we can figure out why fan motor fuse is blowing out. Lots of help available here in Yuma.

Need to get outside and make some preparations for painting. Everyone stay safe and well out there.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:04 AM   #22646

Waiting on coffee to finish brewing. 29 with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 41 with some chances of sun. Got little over 3" of snow overnight. Got a little bit of shop cleaned up. But decided to modify Mule pole rack so it does not rattle in it's mounting holes. Got that done but more cleanup to do. Will clean that mess up and plow the walkways.
Sassy uses her nose to plow snow.

RonS, glad your Tracker made the run with no problems.

Popeye, never heard of Dove Down. But if it keeps you warm.

Llyod, good luck with satellite.

Ann, I have a Ring Doorbell. Like it a lot. It works well with my Echo Show and iPad. It also gives a notice and picture on my Apple Watch.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-30-2021, 05:28 AM   #22647

21+36 all orb w increasing clouds till it's all clouds .RH 45%
winds W <10.

RonS

RonJH
Down is all about loft. Goose is KING. But all other birds still have it. Looked like those two needed all they could get so let them keep theirs....

TFTD
The supply-chain crisis may be one of the best gifts this Christmas.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:17 AM   #22648

Good morning, 32 going to 46 today. No snow yet.

I expect to hear from Scott about welding the axel bracket this week. I will be happy when that is repaired. If I still owned my trucking company, I would have had that fixed a long time ago.

If it's Tuesday, it's auction day. I think I will have about 15 cars to sell. Last week, I only had four. In normal times I had 25 to 40.

Built a nice fire last night. Always relaxes me.

I sure would like to know if Dennis and Denise have been able to get off Vancouver Island and get their stuff.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:25 AM   #22649

Good morning all!

55*, a few clouds about. 84* is the expected high.

Satelite man scheduled to come Thursday at noon. Find out if something is broken or I am just not setting it up correctly. I sure did give it a try, repeatidly!

Tomorrow I am leading a group on a more difficult ride. Gordon is going to join me and co-drive.

So we added a event to our calendar that RonS mentioned. A trail called El Comino del Diablo. The Devils Highway! It is a 130 mile trip from Ajo, Arizona to Yuma, Arizona across the most desolate part of the Sonora Desert. We will need to camp on the trail as there are no roads, services, etc. on the route. Lots of historic places to visit along the way, the route has been used for over 1,000 years. Link posted below for those interested in reading. We go for it end of Feb..

https://www.desertusa.com/desert-trails/diablo.html

Earlier Moose said they planned to head for Quartzsite, Az. About 90 miles from here. Hopefully he is on the way.

The annual Quartzsite Rv show is January 22nd thru the 30th this year. If you are not aware of this event google it. Amazing turnout.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-30-2021, 12:04 PM   #22650

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lloyd et al

Nope we are still stuck on the wrong side of a flooding issue. The coach is ready to go but the only highway we can use to get to it is still underwater. The rumour mill has the highway reopening next Monday so we will go retrieve our coach then and move it to the Peace Arch RV Park right close by the border. There we will await the Christmas Season to spend with family and then head south on or about December 27th. This cacophony of bad weather events is truly exasperating when one is trying to plan for the near future. See y'all in January.
Dennis & Denise Full Time RV Mutants #40
"Duchess" a 40 foot Newmar Dutch Star + "Duke" a GMC Terrain Towed
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:52 AM   #22651

Poured first cup of coffee. 23 with clear skies this morning. Heading to 40 with cloudy skies. Yesterday ended up being a conserve energy day. Snow is melting enough for weather station to give a rain report. .32" Going to spend the day with my Aunt. May get a little shopping in with her.
Lots of heathy looking critters at my feeders.

Moose, now they want anyone flying into USA to have a recent test. Not sure about driving across yet. Good Luck with roads opening.

Llyod and Gordon leading a difficult run. Should be a good ride.

Popeye, sorry you are getting my weather.

Orrin, always to be close to a warm fire.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:41 AM   #22652

30+45 ? maybe. partly cloudy but I'd call what i see now as mostly ! winds W@10.

Good grief ! So I asked Yoda "HOW did Zanfir get back in here ????"

"A back door key he made and drove the dancers up a pole he did."