Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2021, 06:33 AM   #22723

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Poured first cup of coffee. 41° with rain this morning. Heading to 56° with periods of rain. Forgot it was Tuesday yesterday. Grabbed my shopping list and ran over to Sams Club. Got it done. Gas is down to $2.88. After putting things away got back on meter project. It is done an working. Wish I had mounted meters in left side box 90°. But they work and read all the info I want. Picture at bottom of this posting.

Cleanup shop and put tools away today.

Ann, Happy belated Birthday to your DD.

Llyod, invited my son's partner to your FS Yuma page. They probably will not be in Yuma. They do live near you in SC. Thanks for Gordon update.

Harvey, there has to be a cure for short legs. Cute makes up for it.

Popeye, enjoy the sun.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.

Attachment 351464

Ron in Maysie’s case the lack of leg length is replaced with a common feature only found in surplus in the opposite gender.

Yesterday I started nailing down the base plate for the apartment exterior wall. I used a powder actuated system. For the unknowing that’s all about firing a 22 caliber charge that drives a concrete nail. I did about sixty of them. Maysie acted like I was using a hammer or something like it. She was playing around like it was no big thing. I was very surprised. Glenda did a video of Maysie playing with a toy within three of me firing a shot and she barely flinched. She would make a great bird dog if not being gun shy was the important factor.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6910.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	418.8 KB
ID:	351474
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2021, 06:35 AM   #22724

It was windy yesterday but nothing like it will be today. The steel studs are cut to 138” and tough to temp in place.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6913.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	351475
Old 12-15-2021, 07:52 AM   #22725

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 46 here headed to 65 with high winds later today.

Popeye, you made your point!
Ann, always good to have a clean kitchen.

Car auction went well last night. Prices were out of sight. Glad I was selling and not buying. Right now, it's smarter to buy new rather than used. Right now, we are selling a few used Hondas for more than new, because they are available.

The news out of Kentucky, Illinois, and other states affected by the tornados is awful. I am sad to think this will get worse in the coming years due to global warming.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:19 AM   #22726

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Been spending productive days burning brush piles. Deviated for a while yesterday to clean up about 8" of sn*w. The sn*w push on the tractor works very well. Did the neighbors yard as well.

Bit cooler this morning. -28C (-18F) Put taller socks on in the sandals. Going to town today so plugged the truck in. It would likely start as it is in the unheated shed but its a Ford. Has not been cold blooded but throwing a bit of heat at it will not hurt. Have to get fuel. And a timer to replace one that is starting to make a buzzing noise.

Christmas preparations are coming right along. We are hosting the family. Decorations are all up and most of the food is purchased. Finding a big enough turkey was a chore as it appears covid has reduced the size of the birds.

RonJ. Happy to hear the price of fuel is going down. We counterbalanced your decrease by having our prices go up. Government delivered a fiscal update yesterday and the inflationary prices have delivered them a bonus tax return. They were quite smug about it and gave no indication they want the prices to go down.

Days are quite short here. Just starting to get light. Noticed a substantial difference when we came north. Not too long before the days start getting longer.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:40 PM   #22727

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is good today!
We dropped off the truck for its date with the detailer the other day. Will be getting the German Ceramic coating like we had put on the Everest! It is a older girl, 2005, but low mileage, and a Toyota Hilux diesel 4 door with a topper! Lots of square footage there! They do a great job, and do every inch of it, inside and out, including under the hood!
We also went to the ceramic factory store here in town, Indra, and I bought a couple of new plates, big ones, for making enchiladas and burritos, and microwave safe! They are the biggest ceramic factory here in Lampang, and there are many here! I got touristy plates, one with the horse and buggy, and one with the Chicken, both famous here in Lampang! You can still get a buggy ride thru town here, and Lampang is the home of the fighting chicken [emoji215], though it has been tailored back in the town, still a lot of rooster crowing going on!
Everyone here is good, and we have 35 bicycle riders coming thru, for a Charity ride from Bangkok to Lamphun for a disability house in Lamphun. We are buying all the riders supper, as the guy who is leading the ride is a friend of our family! They will be staying overnight here in town at one of the temples! It is a very long ride, over 6 or more different mountain ranges, 700+ kilometers, and will take them over a week to do the ride!
Hope everyone is doing well, and those in the cold, stay warm!
Been cooler here, lows in the middle 50's, highs in the 80's! Not too bad!
Rail!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211216_091208332.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	351563
Old 12-15-2021, 10:08 PM   #22728

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Well I've bad and good news, Eleanor had a massive heart attack, she is stable and in the hospital waiting right now for cardiologist in the morning.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:12 PM   #22729

Gulf Streamers Club
Prayers for Eleanor and you and your family.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 10:23 PM   #22730

Good Morning

Checked in with our truck mechanic. When is the transmission pan coming in? 8to10 days. Will be lucky if we get it in the shop the last week in Dec. Never had to wait this long for a part from Ford. Lucky we aren't broken down on the side of the road. Gave me a good excuse to cancel my DR. apt. that I don't really need. It would have been 1&1/2 hr. trip. Did hrs. of paper work today. Going to be windy tomorrow. Staying in and working on cleaning the ref. and starting cupboard cleaning. What else can you do in the winter time? Playing Christmas CDS. Take care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 10:28 PM   #22731

Harley1994

Just saw your post. Prayers for Eleanor and your family. The Cardiologist will get a good care plan in place. Keep us posted.
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:41 AM   #22732
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Terry,

Thoughts and prayers for you and Eleanor.

Beverly and Charles
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 03:43 AM   #22733

Drinking first cup of coffee. 50° with cloudy skies and wind this morning. Heading to 60° by noon with winds and clouds. Temperatures will drop to 40° by late afternoon. Got tools put away and shop cleaned up. Not sure what I will do today. May be a conserve energy day.
If I had not seen this Hawk fly into the pile of limbs. I would not have know it was there.

Harley, prayers for Eleanor and you.

Ann, Sorry I got your Birthday wrong. Parts delivery is slow on a lot of things. Hope you get oil pan soon.

Rail, neat plates.

Gordon, please do your best to keep the snow and colder temperatures out west.

Harvey, you better keep Maysie away from the other gender. Hope you are using Red Head, Ramset or other products to anchor your metal. My pension is from ITW.

Orrin, selling used cars is good here. That's about all the dealers have in stock.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:40 AM   #22734

Overnight showers + 45 here , topping out @51 cloudy , RH 89%.

Looks like the mid west is having a tough time with tornadoes.
Makes winter look tame .

Terry

Sending all my karma points for a complete recovery.

Hi Rail !
Cool plates , now you get to turn them into hot plates.

Do you think that ceramic treatment could make me look like new ?

You brought back memories of the enchilada factory in Pecos !
Scored many bags of them while staying @ SKP TraPark

Gordon
Tall socks in your sandals ?
You Canadians know all the secret tricks !!

RonJH
Gas is still up here $3.50/Gallon

Harv
That pooch will never make the track team , but probably will leave you behind !

Choppers inbound , at least 3 so far .
Not LifeFlight though ,lower pitch !!!!! the Marines are back

Old 12-16-2021, 05:47 AM   #22735

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 33 here headed to 35 with high wind warning.

Terry, Linda and I are keeping Ellenor in our thoughts. I am sure she will recover.

I like the plates and the hawk.

Ann, when you are done cleaning your place, you can do ours. Wisconsin is great in the wintertime, especially in Jan. and Feb.

Going to meet my old high school buds for cards at 11:30.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 06:16 AM   #22736

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
Rita and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and Eleanor.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote