Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2022, 06:51 AM   #22905

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!!! 15 here with light snow, headed to 31, then turning windy and much colder.

Ann, that is the best thing about snow, watching other people shovel it!

Ron and Lloyd, I found your face book page, AZ 4 wheelers. You have to join to see pictures, but since I will never buy an off road 4 wheeler I did not want to intrude on your small group.

Went to the auction last night and sold all my cars. Also, I bought 4 or 5, but prices were outa sight.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2022, 07:06 AM   #22906

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ron,
I don't know whether the fitbit will register falls or not.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:27 AM   #22907

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Beautiful here in Yuma this morning. Going to 70° today, sunny with light winds. A trail drive today. Lynne and I are going with a new group of Trackers from the east end of Yuma where we live. First time so we will see if we are compatible.

My mh has always had a bounce in the ride at my preferred cruising speed of 61-63. Yesterday had balancing beads installed in rear duals. I had same beads installed in steer tires before drive from Texas to Arizona. Seems to be better. Fingers crossed. Also fuel and propane after trip to Las Vegas at Christmas. Diesel was $3.96 per gallon. $300. did not quite fill it up.

Orrin, you should join Arizona 4 Wheelers to see the pictures and join in on the fun. My sister Linda joined so she could keep an eye on me.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:33 AM   #22908

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We are getting close. I drove around 800 miles last two days and now we are in Arizona at the 40/95 intersection. Too tire to drive any more so just pulled off the highway south of Loves and spent the night.

Looking forward to eventually meeting some of the pups you lot get lead around by. What type of treats does Pebbles approve of Ron? We wouldn't want to get off on the paws with her, now, would we.

Will be at our first vacation area around noon today and then once set up we will be making plans.

Ann our friends south east of you in Silver Creek have been telling us the weather reports. I hope we can find a place that will be carrying the Bill's games.

Everyone stay well and enjoy your health and above all be safe.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 03:48 AM   #22909

Poured first cup of coffee. 16° with light snow this morning. Heading to 24° with cloudy skies. Got my house chores done yesterday. Realized I needed to take Christmas Tree down. Got that done. Need to get some paperwork done today. Needs to be faxed to Insurance Company. They do not want it done with email. No other plans for today.
I do not get many picture during the day from my trail cam. Birds use it for a perch.

Popeye, one of the complaint's I saw posted with the message lighted signs on I-95 never gave any advise other than Get Vaccinated.

RonS, $3.96 for diesel. I am complaining about $2.96 here.

Orrin, join the group. Some great pictures and videos.

Frank, my Apple Watch keeps telling me that I fell when I use my to bang something into place. My reply is "I am OK. Did not fall".

Moose, will nice to have a few days rest. Then fix alternator.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:45 AM   #22910

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 7* here, headed to 13* the sinking rapidly to 0*. Bitter cold this weekend.

Ron and Lloyd, I will join, thanks.

Ann, are you all cleared out?

Out of the 5 cars I bought, 2 I refused due to mechanical problems.

My buddies that I play cards with on Thursdays are out because of Covid. They are all triple vaccinated. So far just a really bad cold. We are not meeting.

Moose, glad you made it OK. Ask around the big truck shops who they use for rebuilding alternators. Yours will be better than new.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 06:31 AM   #22911

32 when I first looked ,,34 now ,37 later. Winds varying <7 WNW. Partly orby.

Tomorrow is predicted to brighten up , white bright.2-4

Old 01-06-2022, 08:19 AM   #22912

Good morning all!

46*, headed for 72*,,,, no clouds planned!

Orrin, you are welcome to join the group, I am the admin. Let me know when you submit your request I will approve. We get lots of people from all over who found the group and ask to join,,,,,,, we try yo keep it smaller hence the approval process. Friends and family are welcome. Will it be under the name Orrin?

Really fun ride yesterday (one of our most dangerous trails, The Laguna Ridges. A few problems along the way. One got on the edge of the trail and started to slide off the mountain,,,,, big rock stopped them,,, took a good while to get them back on track,,,,,,,,,, and then friend/fellow leader Bill took a short cut,,,, and got stuck. He took a good amount of teasing over that. Gordon was my co-driver,,,, he kept me out of trouble all day.

Moose, glad you are close by. Do you plan on coming down here with your coach and spending awhile in the Yuma area? Or just a day trip down in the car?

Off to friend Larry''s today, need to layout my new steering parts, and figure out what else I need before we jump into the project.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-06-2022, 08:51 AM   #22913

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Had a fun day with Lloyd yesterday. Getting trained on co driving. "Driver, driver, passenger, passenger, driver". Takes a bit to get used to but it works if you are facing the jeep or looking forward. Interesting riding the ridges. Everything seems to be down. Couple places the wheels were on either side of the ridge. Having a spotter would be the right thing to do as many spots are blind hills with a turn on the other side. The fellow who went off did not have a spotter with him at the time. Our tail gunner (Frank) drove the entire run without a spotter as well. Obviously there is some skill in his truck.

Today will be very nice. Going to take some time to polish out some desert pinstripping on a friends truck. Will try out a new polisher I bought. Way lighter than the first one I bought.

Have a great day.

May the best of yesterday be the worst of your today.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:21 AM   #22914

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK we are at our friend's house in Quartzsite. All leveled and plugged in and hooked up. The place we would like to stay at in Dateland later is full up because of a construction job going on with a huge solar farm over that way. All available sites booked by the construction company.

Found a replacement alternator from a company and it will be here in a bit pending shipping. No where near as expensive as we original expected. For a while we will just sit and visit with our friends and then do a few day trips to Yuma.

Could someone send the links to the various side sites you lot frequent, please? I am on facebook under Dennis J P Dalla-Vicenza if anyone would like to connect that way.

43ºF here in the valley and bright sunny. Don't care how warm it is supposed to get as there is no sn*w in the forecast. Looking ahead to a warm warm winter.

We will make more coach travel plans when we get the alternator repaired.

Stay safe, healthy and happy.

Denise and Dennis
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 06:56 PM   #22915

Good Morning

Orrin we just had a few flakes of snow today. Tomorrow maybe 1to 3"s. All around us was Lake effect snow with more for tomorrow. Watched the local news and tomorrow many schools ect. are shut down again. Had a good zoom meeting with DD vocational counselor. Found another computer program where she would get many certifications. DD needs to step up to the plate and call for some more information. Vocational counselor says they will pay for her schooling. Your tax dollars at work. Take care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 09:32 PM   #22916

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Got the word today I lost another of my Landstar trucking buddies this morning! He lived in Central Illinois, same as me before i retired, about a hour away! He was in his late 70's and a healthy guy! Covid got him, got in his lungs, he never recovered! Very sad!

On a better note, got the results from the mole they lasered off my head, Benign! Just like the Dr. said! I had this done at a Private Hospital, right next to Siriraj Hospital, owned by the same hospital group, but not covered by my government insurance. The reason was the fast service, saw the Dr. at 3:30, by 5:30 same day i was walking out done! Not having to fly back home, and back in a week or so, at the regular Hospital, was a no brainer! Cost was around $500.00 U.S.!

Moose, glad you made it to the Q! Enjoy the warm!

Everyone in the cold, stay warm! Everyone in Yuma, enjoy the desert! Rail!

PS. the weather here in Thailand is cooler than normal, lows in the lower 60's/higher 50's. highs in the mid 80's! Very nice!
Old 01-06-2022, 10:08 PM   #22917

Gulf Streamers Club
Yuma alternator and starter rebuilders

Today in Napa Yuma buying sandpaper and asked old Latino man about starter and alternator rebuilder in Yuma. He recommended A.S Rebuilders, 2250 E 15th Pl. Behind Yuma Farm & Home Supply, just East of Sams Club.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 03:36 AM   #22918

Coffee is brewing. 10° with partly cloudy skies. Heading to 19° with mix of sun and clouds. Got house work and paperwork completed yesterday. Need to take get it faxed today. No other plans.
Counted 7 cardinals at feeders yesterday. 3 males. Could not get more than 2 in a picture at a time.

Orrin, finding good used cars has to be hard.

Rail, good report.

Ann, I opened up Weather Underground radar map yesterday. Lake Erie was covered with snow. This morning I looked again. It has all moved east onto land. While what we are getting is lake effect snow from lake Michigan. It does not leave much after moving 160 miles east.

Moose, when we visit that area we stayed near Parker, AZ. Some nice parks on the river.

Llyod, some close calls on the ride. Be careful.

Gordon, what polisher did you get?

Popeye, It's not me sending the bright white your way.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.