Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2022, 05:36 AM   #22919

19º here in Maysie land Texas. It will get to the middle to late forties this afternoon, much better than the middle 30’s like yesterday.

This morning it’s an 7:40 appointment for the blood draw for next week’s visit with the doc. I was supposed to have the appointment Wednesday but three morning cookies ruined that. I’m a creature of habit, pills, followed by three cookies dipped coffee. Not this morning. Then it’s to our NAPA for a cam sensor for my old farmer friend’s 1997 Powerstroke. Hopefully that will get his truck back on the road. BTW Bring a Trailer yesterday had a 2000 F350 cab and chassis with powerstroke six speed manual with only 6000 miles on it. It looked like brand new, belonged to a volunteer fire department, had an ambulance box on it they’ve removed, well maintained, cuter’n a bug in a rug, went to $30,000.00 day one, six days to go.

We’re going to OKC to pick up a freezer from kiddos for Paint’s remains tomorrow. Don’t come over for dinner after next week if you can’t look at the meat and know it’s name.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2022, 06:17 AM   #22920

31.6 and white devil time....overnight was really bad 1/4" , the feature act is up soon. gusting in the 30kt range... arrrrrrrrrrrrr me back hurts already just thinkin' 'bout it ! ~6" now headin' in. Gonna try to clear it every couple of inches or so..

Forget Waldo,,,,where's BOBBY ???
Probably also behind a shovel too...........

Terry
Did you get the little blade for the SxS ?

Ugggggh
Zanfir and June Taylor clinics !
This ain't gonna get any better , so going with plan B

Don't blink , you'll miss the Flying Burrito's , and stand up and put 'em together for the kid at the end of the show !

Old 01-07-2022, 06:57 AM   #22921

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! -10* here, headed to 12*.

Harv, good luck with the blood test.

Gordon, did you get a passing grade on the co-driving test?

Rail, sorry about your friend.

Linda got her long arm quilting machine yesterday. Wow, 12 feet long! Linda is going to play with it today. She has used them before at the Electric Needle where she purchased it. She has been wanting one for a long time. She got a great deal.

We have friends coming over for dinner Sat. night, so will do grocery shopping today. We will have salmon for dinner.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 07:26 AM   #22922

Rail
Sad to hear about yer truckin' bud
That "drive thru" clinic would be a HUGE hit here in the states !

Harv
Those cookies was what dunnit ,, mom sez cookies are health food,,,,well , HER cookies were health food !

RonJH
Why don't they call them Red Jays ?

Lloyd
"Close Ones",,, had my share ,,,but that was when I was in my 20s and of course invincible .. Two of which I'll never forget !! One was on a dune climb and the other was a missing bridge !!!!!!! My sense of OK lets do this got older those two days
Probably the source of most of my hair loss

Well Looks like 2" out there , time to make the donuts
Old 01-07-2022, 07:40 AM   #22923

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Beautiful morning here. Sun will soon be up. 49° to start, over 70° this afternoon with full sun. And that is why I like to be in Yuma in the winter. We are proposing an overnight trip to Kofa National Wildlife Refuge on Monday night. I am not ready. Need to buy a sleeping bag and much misc. I bought a tent but have not put it up yet. Last time I spent the night in a tent was 1968. Air Force. Was stationed outside Sumpter SC and sent to Florida panhandle just NE of Pensacola, out in the piney woods for 3 nights of what they call orienteering and survival exercise. Frozen temps every night. Had to hike 20 miles thru pine woods with just a compass and a fish hook and string. Everyone on the base knew I was getting out in 2 months. This trip was my going away present.

Going to Walmart this morning to start. Drop off a return to Amazon at UPS store. Go by Lynne's to check SWR on her new CB radio Much fun.

Travelers be safe. Fair winds and following seas. Medical issues be gone. Pebbles says hi, scratch me, feed me.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:17 AM   #22924

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I saw this on Facebook and copied it, thought it was good! Not my birthday till May! Rail!

Birthday
Moving along in this traveling circus we call life. The odometer readies to roll over another digit. My grill is cracked and covered with bugs. I have dents and scratches. Rust is growing around my joints. But I have no replacement parts yet. Everything is original from the manufacturer. There are now more miles behind me than in front. I know my ultimate destination. I don't know when I will arrive. I have no gps to guide me. I like it that way. For the rest of my journey, I will take the detours and side roads. I'll pull in to every Stuckey's. I'll visit the worlds biggest ball of string. I'll fill up at small town diners. I'll take the scenic route and see the sights. I'm in no rush. I'll absorb all the beauty and wonder that I can. I'll blow the horn for every child pumping their arm up and down in the back seat of passing vehicles. I'll make stops along the way sharing the wisdom of the road with anyone willing to listen. I'll spread as much joy as possible. I may have a flat or two along the way, but the circus will roll on. I will carry it as long as I can. When my final stop arrives, I hope the ticket buyers say "That was a great show", and leave with a smile.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:42 AM   #22925

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Will be doing a drive by in Yuma in the near future. Once the new generator is installed and proven we will be again making moving plans. Ron thanks for checking on a rebuilder.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:32 AM   #22926

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Late start this morning. Felt good to sleep in.

Ron - I purchased a Chicago Electric from Harbour Freight. Its OK but has some limitations. Lowest speed (1000 rpm) is a bit faster than I am used to. Have to be careful when first starting as it likes to spin the medium off. However the $40 cost is acceptable compared to $300+ for the Makita. The Makita can slow enough that you can count the revolutions. The Makita is about twice as heavy so you can get a good workout. Truck was lifted so most of the polishing was done at waist high or better. Turned out quite nice. Welders glasses recommended when viewing - LOL!

Hopefully a good spotter. We got through without any issues or close calls. Good driver so I was never worried.

Golfing today in fun league. Always fun so look forward to it.

Have a great day.

May the best of your yesterday be the worst of your today.
Old 01-07-2022, 12:58 PM   #22927

RonS
Tents are MUCH easier to set up these days , no stakes , no ropes just some poles with bungees in them so they take 5 seconde each to put together. And just get a coleman bag , I like my montoc ! If you want more insulation , just get two and put one inside the other !
Little miss squeaky sharp teeth will put out plenty of heat if you let her in..
..but be careful , they get addicted to that really quick

Rail
Nice post, as I read it I realized that it described most of my life,,,,,AFTER the itinerary went away !!! Course set in jello and the sun is just rising>>>
( I did stop once before then at The Thing but just bought a T shirt and passed on looking behind the curtain....... + The bus driver was revving !) but the description did fit on the days between the long runs ("one offs") or daytime on multi night gigs if not rehearsing , "terrorizing" an iron skillet , laundry mat or a beach if there was one..

1st act over ,,,3" , 4" in drifts , winds steady 20 w/ gusts maybe 30 NE.

Just a dusting remains on doppler

There's a moose on the loose....
Old 01-07-2022, 07:49 PM   #22928

Good Morning

Only got another light dusting of snow. Glad the weather guessers were wrong. Spent six hrs. on the phone necessary to get my RX with my secondary drug plan. New plan to me. Just have a claim number. Hopefully the card will be mailed to me in a few days. I was 25 in the que at my Dr's office. What a frustrating waste of a day. Rail,sorry for your loss. A friend of ours also passed from covid. Keep warm..19* tonight. Take care,Ann.
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:23 AM   #22929

Drinking first cup of hot coffee. -2° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 30° with partly cloudy skies. Got paperwork done yesterday and got back in house where it was warm. Going to be a conserve energy day today.

Rail, sorry for your loss. My son lost a good trucking friend yesterday. Had been on a ventilator for 5 days in Mesa AZ. He got sick while taking a load to LA. Very sad story.

Ann, I put off having to making a phone call to any company. Never seems to get problem resolved. Latest one was a option that I have with my Medicare insurance had a option stop showing up on portal. I still have the option but they have not put it on the portal. Took 3 hours on phone to find that out. Sending messages got no response.

Popeye, not sure the my Sassy would stay in a sleeping bag. She is a hot dog.

Gordon, hope your golfing went well.

Harvey, you reminded me to get a blood draw before a visit later this month. Got it all set up for next week.

Orrin, good you have large enough space for quilting machine.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 01-08-2022, 06:33 AM   #22930

19 +24 all orb but so what ? No sunscreen on for this !
It will have no effect on my skin under all the layers ...
yesterday's total was ~3" .

It's the same crew you always watch , they're just kinda frozen...
Old 01-08-2022, 07:00 AM   #22931

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 15* here and going to 28* by 8:00 pm. Weird!
Linda took Sophie to the dog park yesterday afternoon and she ran her hind end off. 7:30 here and she is still sleeping!

Ann, glad you only got a dusting.

Gordon, I am jealous that you are playing golf.

Got grocery shopping done at Costco yesterday. $169 for a few bags of food and a bottle of wine for friends coming over. Cheaper to take them out. Fixing salmon, broccoli, rosemary roasted little potatoes, a cheese board, and pears poached in wine sauce.

Rail, thanks for sharing. There is a lot of wisdom there, I hope I absorbed some along the way.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:47 AM   #22932

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Golfing was good. Who would of thought that -6 would be out of the money? Actually it was no where near the prizes. There should be a number of handicaps coming down for next weeks competition.

Cool in the morning. Decided this morning that I would check the furnace. We don't run the furnace overnight to last night I turned off the burners as well. Early this morning I started the furnace up and checked the status. All the lights were green so can rest easy for the next while - until the next check!!!

Temperatures are in the low 70's during the day and in the 50's at night. Coach cools down perfectly for a good sleep and a bit of heat in the morning makes it comfortable.

Today there is a date festival in Old Town Yuma. Vendors set up on main street. Going down to check it out. Then some shopping and later tonight will be horse racing in the club house. Checking every pocket for quarters.

Off to do some tasks.

Have a great day.

May the best of your yesterday be the worst of your today.