Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2022, 08:37 AM   #23353

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If y'all know where Ozona TX is then you will know how far we got yesterday. Of towards Galveston today and wishing my swollen knee would start healing. The one again off again pain is a PITA. Safe travels all and don't trip over parking lot pavement height separations.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2022, 09:14 AM   #23354

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi gang,
Still busy as I can be on prepping for the campground opening. Going to be an interesting year. It's been a lot of biz mechanics over the winter.....hey, got my sales tax license![emoji3] I like the outdoors work the best, and look forward to that. I'll let you all know when it's all operational. I am now affiliated with Campspot for online booking. My page will be going live soon.
The Mountain Aire deal didn't work out. Oh well, there'll be another one down the line somewhere. I'm still happy with my Ellipse, so we'll let things carry on as is for now.
Lloyd, I'm real sorry to hear about your brother. Prayers for him and all of you in this painful time.
I lost my brother too. He was only 50 years old, pancreatic cancer. I miss him, and often think of the great things we were going to experience and accomplish. Him with his airplane business, I most likely would have learned to fly and learned a lot about aircraft. I know I would have done a better job in my career if he'd been around too. He could keep me positive 100% of the time. No one else has ever done that, and I'm the worst at doing it for myself.
I believe cancer is one manifestation of the devil himself we have in this world. It's a cruel, punishing, thieving monster that has affected us all. Even the word (cancer) sounds evil.
Well, everyone take care......bye for now.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 09:39 AM   #23355

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 35, headed to 40. Still cloudy and wet.

Met with 2nd contractor today. Seamed very knowledgeable.

I had the siding narrowed down to 2 choices, and now have a 3rd choice.

Ann, hope things go better for you.

Lloyd, how is your brother holding up? I hope well.

Bill, good luck with the campground.

Popeye, keep up the weather and sea change reports. Good luck.

Terry, safe travels today.

Ronj, one day in the far distant future we will have warm weather.

Rons, have lots of fun before you leave.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 11:29 AM   #23356

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post

RonS
I traveled through deep S. TX back in '05 , check out Judge Roy Bean's and the canyon where the Pecos meets the Rio Grande' if you head east after Big Bend. I went that way and up through Hondo for the SKP park ! And San Antonio for the Alamo ...
Are the Marfa lights still going on ?
Loved the terrain in "goat country"..... I heard a legend the Spinach Capitol of the world is hidden down that way too...........

We have no itinerary after Big Bend yet. I have been to Langtry and Judge Roy Bean's saloon. And got the Ranger tour of Seminole Canyon State Park pictographs just above the Rio Grande. Will see if that is the way we move East after Big Bend. Seen Marfa lights too. Some great memories there in the Big Bend area with my family.

And RonJ, thanks for the link to the Big Bend hike. Might be able to see that one. I have not made it to Mcdonald's Observatory yet. Could be on the list.

Well, time to get back to projects for the Eastward bound trip.

Prayers to those in need. Safe travels to Harvey and Glenda and Maisey back to Texas. Drop bread crumbs. We will follow.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 12:39 PM   #23357

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Warm spell. Was 75 at 10 last night. Perfect evening. Funny how 75 starts to feel cool after a 90 day.

Today is predicted to 97. Currently the thermometer says 95. Warm for sure.

New waterpump is supposed to be here today. Tracking says it is out for delivery. The outfit I purchased if from is a top notch company. Notwithstanding the inconvenience they stand 100% behind their products. Great customer support and they do everything they say they are going to do.

Safe travels Dennis and Denise. See you this summer.

Have a great day.

May the the worst of today be better than the best of yesterday.
Old 03-25-2022, 05:13 PM   #23358

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
W. D.,
Please make room in your PM box, I just sent you one and it said your box was full.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 07:43 PM   #23359

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We are now in Galveston and waiting for my buddy to find us so we can get to the park we are booked into. Too new for my GPS.

Stay Safe and stay well

Admiral. I'll give you a call this week promise.
Old 03-25-2022, 07:50 PM   #23360

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Frank, sorry 'bout that, please resend...I fixed it.

10-4 on that Moose, be safe out there.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 03:18 AM   #23361

First cup of coffee is cooling. 33° with a few snowflakes falling this morning. Heading to 36° with cloudy skies. Got a couple of things on my to do list completed yesterday. Will look at list to see what I will get done today after breakfast.
Cranes finally dried out from this weeks rains.

Moose, hope you found your campground.

Gordon, always remember its a dry heat.

Electra, sounds like you are getting it together for grand opening.

RonS, a quick side trip to Terlingua will make you think you never made it to 2022. Place was like 1960 or maybe 1920. Yesterday link is more of a short walk. But road to it required a 4X4 because it was steep.

Popeye, find a warm wind free place to be near your mom.

Orrin, pick the siding that is woodpecker proof.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 03-26-2022, 06:52 AM   #23362

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 26, headed to 34, windy and cloudy. Supposed to continue for at least the next 10 days. No sign of the jet stream moving north for the foreseeable future. I will let you all know next August.

Looks like everyone is advancing in their travels. Y'all have fun.

I just read this week that Justice Clarence Thomas is an rv'er. When he travels, people say he looks like Clarence Thomas, so he must use an alias.

Ronj, great pic of the crane. I like it!

I got another contractor to stop and look at the job. Still no numbers yet.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 07:39 AM   #23363

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ron, we are safely ensconced in a little (100 sites) campground and all in at $200.00 per week. Going out to hook up water and sewer as soon as I finish my coffee. First time in a long time there is moisture on the windows today. I think it will be much damper than Aridzona here.

Couldn't get on the Houston bypass route because of a construction backup and thought 'oh, what the hell have I got to loose by taking 10 right through Houston?' apparently three hours is the right answer. Biggest parking lot I've ever been in although we got quite friendly with a young Swift driver as we crept along.

Safe travels all and be good or at least have fun.
Old 03-26-2022, 09:12 AM   #23364

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Safe travels Dennis and Denise.

Friends went home to Kansas. Left on Tuesday. Ended up in a blizzard/storm that slowed them up. Took 48 hours to travel a distance they normally cover in 24.

Thermometer showed 97 yesterday. This morning it was showing 64. Predicting 95 today and gradually cooling to 77 on Tuesday.

Bill hoping the campground opening goes well. I suppose there are lots of details and small issues that have to be sorted out. It will happen.

New replacement water pump arrived yesterday. Need additional connectors and they are expected to arrive shortly.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2022, 03:18 AM   #23365

Good Morning

Orrin,Be sure to keep any siding that is left over. Might need to order an extra bundle. Repairs from rocks and weed wacking. I didn't realize our contractor put the telephone line under the siding. The city dump was in the up position and caught the telephone line and ripped the siding off the front of our house.The city took one year to put our claim in the computer. Refused to respond to certified letters from our homeowners ins. Siding can get damaged from weed wacking. Our home owners paid the claim. Should have saved the left over shingles from our roof replacement years ago. Knock on wood we haven lost any shingles. Then the city wrote us up and gave us 30days to fix the front of our house!! Wrote my neighbor up in December for peeling paint on her porch. Duh!! you can,t paint outside until May or june. Take Care Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 03:27 AM   #23366

Coffee is done brewing. 22° with light snow this morning. Heading to with cloudy skies and NW wind. I had lots of energy yesterday. So I got taxes done. Laundry is done and put away. Then made a pot of spaghetti sauce. Just wish weather would cooperate so I could get going on the outside projects I have on my list. Need to put sauce in packages for future meals. Then watch some NASCAR from Texas.

Llyod, special prayers for your brother and family.

Gordon, what are you putting water pump on?

Moose, 3 hour dive thru Huston. Are you sure you weren't trying to drive from West side of Toronto to East side.

Orrin, Sandhill Cranes are neat birds. But they like to poke holes in my lawn. No need for a lawn aerator at my place.

Ann, I still have a square of shingles up in my barn from 30 years ago that I never used.

Popeye, wish I had some warmth to send your way.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.

« Total Rebuild | - »