Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2022, 08:35 AM   #23549

Good morning y'all! just got the pups out of the kennel... it is 75* sunny and gorgeous out this morning!
I've had one cuppa already, need more though. We drove almost 800 miles yesterday to test drive Little Blue , there are a few things to fix, but it will be a fun first rig!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2022, 08:41 AM   #23550

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Waffles for breakfast this morning. YUMMMM!!

Burned a brush pile for the neighbor yesterday. Pile was created when they cut some trees down to make space to build a garage. This was one of the more difficult burns as the branches were very loosely packed. Took a fair amount of effort to keep the fire burning until it got hot enough to maintain. Once it got going it burned up quite nicely.

I am supposed to remove the stumps once the frost is out. More seat time. And I get paid a nominal amount for doing the work. Supposed to do some work for our son on an acreage they bought recently. Wants some stumps removed and a pond dug. Have not seen the property yet but looking forward to getting out there.

Finally getting some warmer weather. Supposed to stay above freezing overnight for the next while with good daytime temperatures. Then a couple cooler overnights just below freezing and then should be good.

Lynne. I hear you about the coffee. Hope you are past the headache stage. Used to take "breaks" when I was drinking a lot of coffee. Seemed to reset the system. Now we only make one pot a day. Done the pot by noon and the rest of the day is water.

RonJ - really like the pileated woodpeckers. We are at the edge of their range but once in a while one comes through our yard. A really impressive bird.

Ned. Congratulations. Motorhome looks great. If the inside is as pristine as the outside looks it is more than decent. Pictures of the inside please. Winnebago has a lot of information available online for each model. Wiring diagrams, plumbing diagrams, manuals, etc.

Time to get busy. Waffles are ready and so am I.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2022, 08:43 AM   #23551

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Top of the morning to ya!
Ned that is a mighty fine rig, congrats!!
Doing OK here, lot of work to do this summer....opening May 1st.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 08:51 AM   #23552

It's very clean, they just put in new vinyl plank flooring throughout.
we're going to replace the mattress, toilet and do some upgrades... new window treatment, solar, etc...

Genset has about 250 hours on it, has a satellite dish... awning, levelers, heat pump.
Old 04-23-2022, 08:57 AM   #23553

40+54 orb with haze. NW@7 ,, proceed with plan alpha.

annual wavey fan club festival today
Old 04-24-2022, 03:21 AM   #23554

Coffee is done brewing. 51° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 78° with rain in afternoon. Got a little more leveling done on walkway. Will do some more of that before rain. Got a lot of limbs chipped up. A good size pile in neighbor's driveway. Will finish cleaning the limbs up today.
Mr and Mrs Goldfinch.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 04-24-2022, 07:18 AM   #23555

39+54 mostly orby , small winds of varying direction...

Who do I have to bow to for the end of these 30s readings ?

Flamenco on a pan flute ?
Old 04-24-2022, 07:57 AM   #23556

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 60, headed to 70, with high winds out of the sw. Then much colder for the next 10 days.

Horse fair was a great time for the girls yesterday.

Popeye, I feel your pain. We are way below normal for temps. Get 1-2 good days, then 10-12 bad days.

Ronj, love the gold finches. They are not woodpeckers.

Ned, really nice purchase, congrats.

Gordon, those brush piles should warm you up.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 08:03 AM   #23557

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Happy Sunday.

Sun is up and the temperature is approaching a more seasonal range.

Moved the patio furniture and grill onto the deck from the garage. The tractor has moved from its convenient location in the attached garage to its summer home in the outside garage. Car looks a bit lonely sitting by itself in the garage but instantly parked took advantage of the tractor relocation to park itself near the center of the now unused space.

Few more days and I will hook up the bagger and do a quick run over the lawn. Looking pretty brown and shaggy at the moment. As soon as I cut the green will be coming.

Have a great day.

May the best of your yesterday be the worst of your today.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:27 AM   #23558

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Still nice weather here in central Texas. Finally going to get some rain this evening going into Monday. We are very dry here.

This afternoon I will have been home for one week. Got maybe two days worth of work done on my long list of projects. On coach I bypassed front cab heater hoses because coach developed a heater core leak. Seems to be leak-free again. Tuesday will fuel her up and take to shop for annual safety inspection and service (fuel filters, oil and filters, lube, brake adjusters, etc). I looked and still have a gauge issue with 12v systems. My dash volt gauge reads lower than actual alternator output. I also have a dash gauge I installed that shows chassis and house voltage. It reads normal on house and low on chassis voltage. Checked output at both battery sets and they are normal. Suspect poor ground in dash area somewhere. Not going to worry about it. Another lazy day today. Still working on clearing out and cleaning coach. Need to get that done by next Tuesday.

Paperwork this morning. Bills to pay. Next week will be doing preparation for taxes. Then take to CPA. Not looking forward to that chore.

Time to get at it. Finish paying bills and get outside. Travelers stay safe and enjoy the journey. Chuck and Marilee glad you made it home with a roof over your heads. Frank and Rita enjoy the rally and put up a picture or two. Prayers for those in need.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 09:06 AM   #23559

Good Morning all!

75* going towards 85* later!

coffee is on,
bacon is cooking and I'm making pancakes in a few.

thanks! we're SO excited about the new to us rig.
Old 04-24-2022, 10:55 AM   #23560

Good Afternoon,

Things are going well. Jerry is rolling the lawn right now and he has racked the huge amount of pinecones from under the pine trees yesterday. I was at the range! Bang Bang!

Warmer today and supposed to get cold again later in the week. It will warm up eventually.

The reason I quit drinking coffee is because I was adding way too much flavored creamer into it and I do not need the carbs. I have tried some with heavy cream recently and my 1 tsp of honey and it is ok. I cannot drink it black. The one thing I found out though is I don't have anywhere much acid without it so not a bad thing. I've only been drinking it maybe 10 years too. I'll have a cup now and then.

Ted, nice Winnie! Love the Winnebago brand and like Gordon said, there is plenty of info on their site and you can register yourself as the owner so you get any notifications on it or recalls.

Sorry on the taxes Ron. Definitely a pain to deal with. Jerry had ours done before we left Yuma

Frank, hope you and Rita have a wonderful trip this summer. How is Snoockems doing?

Have a great day all. Lynne
beamisll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 11:15 AM   #23561

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisll View Post
Good Afternoon,

Things are going well. Jerry is rolling the lawn right now and he has racked the huge amount of pinecones from under the pine trees yesterday. I was at the range! Bang Bang!

Warmer today and supposed to get cold again later in the week. It will warm up eventually.

The reason I quit drinking coffee is because I was adding way too much flavored creamer into it and I do not need the carbs. I have tried some with heavy cream recently and my 1 tsp of honey and it is ok. I cannot drink it black. The one thing I found out though is I don't have anywhere much acid without it so not a bad thing. I've only been drinking it maybe 10 years too. I'll have a cup now and then.

Ted, nice Winnie! Love the Winnebago brand and like Gordon said, there is plenty of info on their site and you can register yourself as the owner so you get any notifications on it or recalls.

Sorry on the taxes Ron. Definitely a pain to deal with. Jerry had ours done before we left Yuma

Frank, hope you and Rita have a wonderful trip this summer. How is Snoockems doing?

Have a great day all. Lynne

Lynne, thanks!
buying used, I wasn't 'set' on any brand, though Winnebago does indeed have a good reputation. I'll be sure and sign up as an owner once we have Lil Blue in hand.
Its funny, Denise and I were talking most of the way home the other night, and one of the topics that came up was that I remembered bugging my parents as a teenager to get a class C! My father wasn't all that into it and it was just after the gas crisis in the mid 70's, so we didn't get one. I can't wait to get out and camp again, planning on frequent weekend trips this summer as a shakedown season, then doing some renovations this fall/winter.
Old 04-24-2022, 08:46 PM   #23562

Good Morning

Enjoying our balmy weather. It was 80* today. Spent the better part of Saturday picking up garbage at our lot. DH has been pruning the two apple trees. Spent hours picking up the cuttings. Very muddy and soggy grass. Some more to do another day. Tomorrow I have my physical then shopping while we are out. Ned B. congrats on your new to you RV. Have fun making it your own. Hopefully you can get some reservations for weekends. Take Care, Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote