Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2022, 09:18 AM   #23759

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Back from camping and into the daily grind.

Finished planting the garden. Now waiting for rain. While waiting have been watering. Good exercise.

Cooler temperatures predicted for the next while. Highs around 70 for the next couple weeks. Guess I have to concede the carbon tax is working as normally we would be in the mid 70 for the last couple weeks (sarcasm).

Do not see any fence painting or construction in the summers activities for Lloyd. Possibly some rough cut mowing if the field is fairly smooth.

Sun is up and there are things to do.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow. Thinking of you Deb and Lloyd.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2022, 03:04 AM   #23760

Drinking first cup of coffee. 54° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 84° with plenty of sun. Got one of the neighbor projects done. Other one will have to wait until sometime later in the week. Going to spend today at my sons place to enjoy the great weather.
Fawn standing on its own.

Orrin, congratulation on retirement.

Llyod and Deb, more special prayers for your recovery.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 05-29-2022, 08:10 AM   #23761

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good Morning!!! 67, headed to 83. It will be a good day.

Ronj, neat picture of the fawn. When Pat was still alive and we lived on a farm we had a doe birth her fawn in the tall grass next to the yard. I was surprised to see how small it was. We stayed away from it and a few days later she moved it.

Popeye, thanks for the good advice. I am already applying for another job after a little time off. I have worked almost every day since I was 10. I cannot not work.

Gordon, I was being sarcastic when I mentioned the fence painting. I hope I did not offend.

Brought the coach and toad home yesterday over rough 2 lane road to give it the shake down test. Worked well and nothing fell off. Unhooking went well and storage was of the hitch was easy. Now have to practice hooking up.

Lloy and Deb, get well soon.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 10:18 AM   #23762

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning. Gang,
Lloyd,
Happy to see that you are home, get well soon Buddy. If there is anything we can do, just holler.

Orin,
Happy retirement, enjoy. Looking forward to seeing you in Yuma this fall.

RonJ,
Looks like we will be heading your way June. 22nd or 23rd. Will PM you in the middle of June so we can formalize everything.

Got woke up a little after 5 this morning to a storm dumping a little hail with the rain, then tornado sirens went off, luckily no damage here. Supposed to be another storm early tomorrow morning. Leaving for Rob and Judy's on Thursday.

Have a great day, and thank you everyone that served our country,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 07:45 PM   #23763

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrin View Post

Gordon, I was being sarcastic when I mentioned the fence painting. I hope I did not offend.

Lloy and Deb, get well soon.

Keep the shiny side up.
Understand completely and no offense considered. I had the same thoughts myself. Knowing Lloyd he may try something like that. Perhaps driving the truck.

Anyway you are in a group of people who think outside the box and have the same sense of humor.
Old 05-30-2022, 03:06 AM   #23764

Coffee is done brewing. 59° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 86° with sunny skies. Had a good day with son and family. Today I will be riding with my neighbors in his Duce and a Half for the local parade. Then a afternoon BBQ.
Today is the day to remember all those who sacrificed their lives for the security of America. Wishing you a very Happy Memorial Day.

Frank, I have marked the calendar.

Orrin, I was thinking similar about fence painting.

Llyod and Deb, special prayers for a quick recovery.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 05-30-2022, 07:08 AM   #23765

GOOD MORNING!!! 70, headed to 83 and humid.

Happy Memorial Day. Those who died did so to fight for our democracy. Let's hope that our elected officials do the same. Not in words, but in action.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Old 05-30-2022, 09:43 PM   #23766

It made it over 80 today uptah camp.
More 80+ with rain added in tomorrow.
Just in time for June 1st , like I predict every year.
It isn't just a guess dontchyaknow ..

Gotta stiff neck from falling asleep in my chair next to an open window with the Fantastic blowing out the roof....66 out right now at almost midnight.
Went outside and can see a few stars.....maybe I'll get to see some meteors in the next hour or two !

Old 05-31-2022, 03:10 AM   #23767

Coffee is done brewing. 65° with mostly clear skies this morning. Heading to 88° with lots of sun and a few clouds. Parade went well. Streets were line with people 6 deep. Took longer than the 4th July parade last year. Afternoon BBQ was great. I was beat by the time evening came. Off to get new tires for car today.
Found someone to help with Dandelion control in my front yard.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:38 PM   #23768

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
It made it over 80 today uptah camp.
More 80+ with rain added in tomorrow.
Just in time for June 1st , like I predict every year.
It isn't just a guess dontchyaknow ..

Gotta stiff neck from falling asleep in my chair next to an open window with the Fantastic blowing out the roof....66 out right now at almost midnight.
Went outside and can see a few stars.....maybe I'll get to see some meteors in the next hour or two !

Don't let it get to hot. I plan on being back in my site at Cedar Haven on 07/03 for a few days.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 05:00 PM   #23769

Good morning!!! 78 currently and sunny.

Busy day and weekend was also busy. I was working on the coach. Installed 2 new gate valves. The black water one had a small leak. Now all is tight and dry. Worked on getting the water flowing. Started then quit. I checked everything, including taking the check valve and water regulator apart. All was good. Then the light went on. Unscrewed the aerators on the faucets. All were plugged with sludge from the air pressure I used to winterized the plumbing system. Cleaned those, so we were good to go.

Popeye, it's nice to have warm weather after the cold spring we had.

I hope Lloyd and Deb are doing well.

Last day of work is June 2nd.

Keep the shiny side up.
Fitchburg, WI
Old 05-31-2022, 05:24 PM   #23770

Bill
Instead of 80s it turned out to be 65 today with lots of clouds and drizzle in the am. All orb this afternoon but stayed in the low 60s.
That's the best I can do.
But it's not June quite yet , and July Lots of shade at the campground though .
Hey , maybe I can manage to come visit before you're packing up to leave this time !

Lloyd
Hope yer readin' here now and have plenty of ice cream in yer fave flavor ! And another tub in Deb's flavor too.
Sounds like yer gonna be kinda tender for a while , hope it's not too long.

I stayed out till 1am last night and what I saw was,,,,uhhh the big dipper ! Lots of light pollution so they might have been too dim or just weren't where/when predicted
Old 05-31-2022, 08:12 PM   #23771

Good Morning

RVPopye thanks for the electrical advice. Today it was 88*. DH put the cover on the AC and noticed the plastic cover is very fragile. Original unit from 1996.Going to get some rain on Wednesday and will cool to the mid 70s. Then DH will externabond the AC cover. Didn't even try to do more vinyl fence cleaning. Went to Walmart and Aldi. Nice to have central air that helps with the humidity. All the ceiling fans on high and summer mode.
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 03:21 AM   #23772

Drinking first cup of coffee. 67° with a few clouds this morning. Heading to 79° with isolated thunderstorms. Got new tires put on car. Much quieter ride. Do the people that put new tires on your car ever look at yellow tire pressure label on drivers side door frame. One side was to high. Other side was to low. Properly adjusted pressure when I got home. Mowed grass when clouds blocked the sun. 88° is to hot to for mowing when sun is out. No plans for today.
Grass/weeds are getting high in field. I do not cut the field until after July 4. Always find fawns in the field when I do it earlier.

Llyod and Deb. sending more special prayers for fast recovery.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.