Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2022, 09:01 PM   #23913

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I just read this post by Wayne M over on the RV Mutant thread:

It is with deep sadness that I inform the RV Community and especially Dennis' beloved RVMutants, that Dennis passed away at 5:05 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

A very sad time for Denise and her whole family.
Our thoughts are with them. Orrin and Linda.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2022, 09:44 PM   #23914

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
So sorry to hear about Dennis's passing. Prayers to his family.
Rail!
Old 06-27-2022, 10:03 PM   #23915

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Also, Happy Birthday Tim! Remember this Tim?
Rail!Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail 2017 Potluck at the M&G!.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	369515
Old 06-28-2022, 03:23 AM   #23916

Going to need some hot coffee this morning. 42° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 80° with lots of sun. Got grass mowed yesterday. Spread weed kill on all the weeds/grass growing where is should not. Will get trimming done today. It is very dry. Lots of dust being blown around while mowing.
Cardinals still will not pair up for a good photo pose. But Bluebirds will.

RIP Moose/Dennis. Prayers for Denise, Family and friends. I never met Moose. It was in his plans for a visit here later this summer. I am sure we would of had a good time. May we meet in the here after.

Gordon, hope new tires install went well.

Llyod, sorry to hear PA trip canceled.

Orrin, thankfully I was able to personally thank all for my Birthday gifts. I do not like mailing stuff.

Tim, Happy Birthday. Hope fishing is good.

Ann, all kinds of things will make GFI's trip. I used Liquid Gold on our RV cabinets. No problems.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:49 AM   #23917

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!!! 59, headed to 83.

So sorry about Moose. I always liked his posts. RIP. I hope he is someplace where RVs never break down, diesel is $0.35/gal., CG fees are $5.00/night, and all your friends are there.

Plans for the day; go to doctor's office for a blood test, stop by my old workplace, and go to the auction. Auction prices are up even higher for anything that gets good fuel economy. Gas hogs are way down.

Got all lights in the cargo bays working yesterday. Started by trying to get the 4 accent lights to work. Two in the bedroom and two at each end of the fold out sofa. Check batteries and they need water. Will do that Wednesday.

Going to be a good day.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 07:11 AM   #23918

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Condolences to Denise, the family and friends of Dennis.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:16 AM   #23919

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Tire installation went well. 10,000+ reasons! Yes they do runout on the tires and wheels. Said they even considered runout when it came to tire position. Took it for a drive after and there is a huge improvement in handling and ride.

Found out the trailer manufacturer overtired the unit. Put on 14 ply tires on a 18,000 lb trailer. The shop had a really tough time getting the old tires off. Something to do with not wanting to damage the rims, etc. Took them longer to change the tires on the trailer than it took to change tires on the coach.

Did the shed shuffle after getting the coach home. With Janet's help the equipment transition/realignment went really well. Everything is back in it's place and out of the weather.

Golfing today. Cloudy but no moisture predicted.

Rail - that looks very much like the M&G in Kentucky. Was a great time.

Checked yesterday. The suggested and highly anticipated reduction in fuel appears to be a myth. At least in our part of the country. With fuel at $7.71 it seems like we are easily excited about a $0.10 drop! Just saying? Going to have to fill the 150 today.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:54 PM   #23920

Good Morning

Condolences to Denise and family. Was a pleasure to share a meal and conversation with Dennis and Denise. So glad we got to meet them. Going to put the HiLo back in its storage spot. DH can complete repairs there. Washed the awning. Much cleaner with our special cleaner and magic sponges. Take Care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 03:12 AM   #23921

Poured first cup of coffee. 65° with mostly cloudy skies. Heading to 81° with some clearing in afternoon. Got all the trimming done around yard. Still need to pick up all the branches I trimmed. Grocery shopping today. Found a place that has a deal on Spirea Shrubs. Need to drive up near Flint to pickup 10 of them. That should fill in my day.
Tiger Lilies are in bloom.

Orrin, fixing bad lighting can be a chore that takes way to much time. I found light that were wire wrong when I switched to LEDs.

Gordon, never hurts to have over rated tires on a vehicle. Well, it could give a ruff ride.

Popeye, we need a East Coast Alaska weather report.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 06-29-2022, 03:34 AM   #23922

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Condolences to Denise and family, we had the pleasure of meeting Dennis and Denise in Yuma last season.

Happy Birthday Tim.

All settled in Ohio, went to dentist yesterday(daughters) few more trips to get everything done. Today going to see Grandson play a baseball game, will be a great time.
Got a rooftop cargo bag and a 20ton shop press from Rita's son. Trailer will be full for the trip back to Yuma, Lol.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:01 AM   #23923

Good morning all!

Partly overcast 70* high of 83*. Rain in our afternoon forecasts next 6-7 days. T storms.

So sorry to hear about Dennis! Condolences to the family.

Happy birthday Tim!

Gordon, sounds like the tires went well. Good deal.

Frank, enjoy the family and ball game.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-29-2022, 05:48 AM   #23924

61+77 all orb to all clouds , some showers , a little S wind and a partridge in a pear tree.
It's summah uptah camp ! So much to do but shoveling snow isn't on the list.

Missing man formation today...........
Denise

Sad to see moose lost his battle and the doctor was right arrrrrrrr!

I'm pretty sure there are loaner RVs for everybody where he is now. and if you decide to continue on the mobile life path he'll be here to keep you on course ... We'll help too.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:15 AM   #23925

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Golf went well yesterday. Was hitting the ball very long. Made the water on the drive on the first hole with a brand new ball. Of course with the recent rain the pond is full and very murky.

Annual physical today. Still have a cough to show the doctor. Looking forward to getting something to take care of it.

Ron - yes having higher rated tires may not be a bad thing. The old tires do not seem to have a lot of wear in spite of being a tri axle. I always have the trailer tires balanced and they are on a torsion suspension. I have observed that items sitting in the trailer seem to be quite stable.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:46 PM   #23926

Good Morning

DH is at the Dentist for a cleaning. Annoyed as he had an apt. for six months with the Hygenist. She had to go for a lecture. Wanted to reschedule him in January. Should have argued for a sooner apt. with the hygenist. Ended up going with a student today. An al afternoon deal. Speaking of tires DH had the tires rotated. Estimate for new tires came in at $1,385.10. This is on his F250. We are a member of FMCA and can get estimates on Michelin,BFGoodrich or Continental tires. Will probably change out in late August before inspection in Sept. Had to order a new wireless smoke detector for our attic. Pays to surf the internet as prices were $45.00 to $35.00. Found what we need for $18.30. Electrician was unable to run wireless in attic due to construction of 1910 house. Got to go put dinner in the oven..Mac'n Cheese. Take Care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote