Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2022, 03:51 AM   #24627

Coffee has finished brewing. 18° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 43° with mostly cloudy skies. House is as clean as I will get it. Ready for Thanksgiving family visits. Still have laundry to do. I broken refrigerator was supposed to be repaired today. Got a message saying parts are on backorder. Will have to check into that today. Need to get some grocery shopping done this morning. Getting reports of long lines at store checkouts. Glad I use Scan and Go at Sam's Club.
Yesterdays sunrise through the trees.

Ann, 15" is a lot of snxw for a snowblower. I have no idea what to do with 81" of snxn. Good you were able to get out and get groceries.

Everyone stay safe well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2022, 10:18 AM   #24628

Good Morning

We didn't get the 15" of snow all at once. Grocery stores were busy. Lots of cashiers and got through the lines quickly. DD is working more after Thanksgiving. I picked up a tag from the Salvation Army tree at SAMS Club. Shopping for a nine year old girl. DD had to tell me what one item was. DD knows where to shop. Several stores to get what we need. Will shop after my acupuncture apt. DH glasses are ready for pick up at Walmart. Take Care, Ann
Sam 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:16 AM   #24629

Poured first cup of coffee. 20° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 51° with plenty of sun. Shopping went well yesterday. No lines or empty shelves. I did go at 8AM. Lines for gas at Sam's Club were long. It's the cheapest place around. $3.23 per gallon. No repair on refrigerator. A few household things to get done before son arrives this afternoon. Then sit back and relax until they get here.
Sassy and I will be watching for them to arrive.

Ann, so many things I do not recognize the name of. Let alone what it is.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Safe travels for those on the road.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:45 AM   #24630

Just got a call from Son. He tested positive for Covid. Was looking forward to their visit. Thanksgiving dinner will still be at other sons place as planned.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:45 AM   #24631

Good Wednesday Morning All!

48* headed for 75*! Clear sky predicted.

Jeep run today, the Laguna Ridges. Always a fun time, take total focus. Lots of blind drop off's.

Last couple days we made serious progress on the new place. Porch posts are all painted, and yesterday Lynne and Debbie took on the shed. Looks like brand new!!!Good stuff!

So much help from all our friends on this place, thanks to Gordon, Lynne, Frank, RonS, and more!

Ann, glad the worst of it missed you.

RonJ, bummer on the covid. Messed up your thanksgiving. Hope all is well!

So we canceled our directv yesterday, they had us on the phone for 20 mins trying to sell us another product. Guessing this is happening to them a lot these days. We had the basic package which cost $2,100 a year ($175 a month). The new smart tv and our verizon internet setup is $480 per year and works great.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-23-2022, 09:53 AM   #24632

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Going to be a lovely day.

Sad to turn down a ride with Lloyd in the desert today. Lots of things to do in preparation for our Thanksgiving celebration tomorrow. Going to be a great time.

Cranberry brine for the turkey then lightly smoked in the grill. Going to use the meat thermometer Rita and Frank gave me. Thanks for such a thoughtful and practical gift.

Have a wonderful day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:11 PM   #24633

Good Morning

Life can turn on a dime. Every day I call my neighbor to check on her. 68yrs. old with a host of medical problems. Will I was at my acupuncture treatments her don passed out and fell out of his chair. Taken by ambulance and admitted to the hospital. He has bad lungs and is on oxygen. She doesn't drive and the hospital is 1&1/2hr. round trip. Did my holiday cooking today. Mashed potatoes and butternut squash. The ham is fully cooked. Keeping it simple. Found out my SIL is going to rehab when they can find her a bed. Possibly this Friday. I would venture to guess that she will end up in a Nursing Home. Then my cousin called. We are extremely close. Her mother my Aunt is in the hospital dying from Congestive Heart Failure at 84yrs. old. One more bad news. A Buffalo, NY city worker got killed doing snow removal. He got run over by a high lift operator. Everyone enjoy your holiday and be thankful. Take Care Ann
Sam 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 04:13 AM   #24634

Coffee is done brewing. 25° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 54° with overcast skies. Kind of disappointed that Son is unable to come up to my place for Thanksgiving. But the rest of family will be at my younger Son's place this afternoon. Went out to shop and worked on a couple of projects. Then relaxed rest of the day. Need to prepare Ham for todays dinner before heading to my son place.

Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Ann, sad news for this time of year.

Llyod, good to hear place in Yuma is getting fixed up the way you want it.

Gordon, I like to use my digital meat thermometer.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-24-2022, 07:32 AM   #24635

Happy thanksgiving all!

60* headed to 74*, no clouds 15 mph wind.

Most interesting trail ride yesterday, like none other. Running the Laguana ridges which are notorious for their narrow trail and high altitude. Came upon a Jeep sitting in the trail not moving. First timers, wife in complete panic/anxiety attack. Long story short she thought she might be be better riding in a enclosed Jeep (they had a CJ7 with no doors, top etc.. We moved her to my Jeep and got ready to roll when a group of side X siders came down the trail (despite seeing us in the way) and then annouced they were not backing up, we would have to back 9 jeeps down the gravel, blind corner 3/6 miles trail! Crazy stuff. It took quite some time to convince them that you cannot back a jeep down a loose narrow gravel/sand hill. Some of them turned around, 4 others got on the edge, and we were just able to clear by. My new passenger and her husband joined us for the rest of rthe day. She rode with me all day. They are from Knoxville Tenn area.

Some where along the way in the morning, I punctured a side wall on a tire with a stick. Bummer. It was time for new tires anyway, was waiting for the advertise Black Friday deal.

Ann, sorry to hear all that, sad news.

Deb is starting the turkey, pot luck thanksgiving at Rivers Edge today.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-24-2022, 07:49 AM   #24636

Happy Thanksgiving y’all!!!
Old 11-24-2022, 08:03 AM   #24637

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Going to be a beautiful day here in Yuma. Going to Rivers Edge for Thanksgiving meal and to visit everyone. Hope everyone has a great day and hope we can all remember to be thankful for what we have.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:37 AM   #24638

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:53 AM   #24639

Winnebago Owners Club
Happy Thanksgiving;

Turkey is brined and currently basking in the heat of the grill. Been on for an hour and is starting to smell really good. It is the smoke!

Sounds like I missed an interesting ride. Sad to decline but I ended up doing a bunch of stuff. Started to vacuum the back patio and found a neighbor preparing to unload his motorcycle on it. Would not have hurt the patio but interesting he was unloading on ours instead of his. Had a nice conversation about stabilizing a motorcycle for travel. He had issues with the bike walking in the trailer. Without saying anything about unloading he closed up the trailer and moved it across and unloaded on his patio.

Sad news. The radio station we listen to started playing Christmas carols this morning!!!

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2022, 10:04 AM   #24640

A 25* wakeup , still 54 inside though and half a degree below freezing out there now , 77 inside ,and predicted high of 44 in pm , when it will again be 54 ? in here !

All orb , very little wind , might rain later or it might not
Same daily routine here for the holiday . Mom is getting the turkey feast though and I'm glad I don't have to gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble ................... gobble !

Latah Gatah's