Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2022, 08:00 AM   #24655

Good Monday morning all!

49* headed for 75*, pretty cloudy.

New Jeep tires should arrive today,,,, then the work starts. Frank and Ron kindly invited me to change them at their place.

Nice easy Jeep run yesterday, 16 vehicles. 28 people if I got the count correct. Oh, and 3 dogs!

Thought I had the R/O system worked out,,,, but finding it is not producing water (was hard to tell as it has a pressure tank and once on it immediatly looked good. Then the tank ran dry) I suspect the membrane, seems all water is bypassing and going out the waste.) Got to look into that this morning.

This Saturday is the annual Christmas Toy run. Good cause for a fun time. Lynne, RonS, and Frank and I are leading the easy ride. Last year we had over 30 vehicles, it got pretty crazy.

RonJ, sorry for your loss!!! Yep, could wait to shower,,, lots of spider webs that I cleared,,,, and desert dust!

Have a great day all!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2022, 08:49 AM   #24656

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Going to be a lovely day. Then supposed to cool off for a few days.

LLoyd - the only thing I can think of is the restrictor on the wastewater side may not be working correctly. When the water gets to the membrane it needs to have pressure to force clean water through. Probably would not hurt to change the membrane because of age but it was working before?

16 is a big crowd. The Sunday run has become very popular.

Gong to be a busy week. Time goes really quickly when you are busy. Well it seems to go quickly busy or not but . . . . . . .

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:32 AM   #24657

Condolences

RonJ,condolences on the passing of your BIL. Got a hold of a lawyer for Social Security problems. She did a free consultation with me over the phone. Step one is I go into the office. If I can't get the problems resolved then I am to call her back and she will give me a contact person for help. Take Care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:03 AM   #24658

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!! 36, headed to 43, mostly cloudy.

Lind and I had a great time in Puerto Vallarta at son's wedding. Ann, new bride, asked me to walk her down the aisle. What an honor, her dad died when she was three.

Every day was a low of 68 and a high of 83 and sunshine. The food and all of the locals were great.

RonJ, so sorry to read about your BIL. His family and you are in our thoughts.

We had a great Thanksgiving with family. I made turkey vegetable noodle soup with the leftovers.

So sorry I was not participating for so long. I did read every post to get current.

Ann, sorry to hear of your social security nightmare troubles. Most of the people try to do the right thing and just get overwhelmed. Be persistent and polite. Keep notes and good luck.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:36 AM   #24659

Need to get coffee brewing. 37° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 49° with chance of rain in afternoon. Went out to shop to start cleanup. Found 2 projects that needed to be painted. Primes and painted both items. Should be dry enough to assemble and put on Mule and Trac-Vac. I can now start clean up in shop.
Thanks everyone for the prayers and kind comments for my Sister and BIL. Him and I where good friends as well as relatives. He will be missed. They live in AZ.

Saw this lone pine tree while I was letting Sassy outside yesterday evening at sunset.

Ann, hope the SSA visit is all it takes to get things right.

Orrin, welcome back. Good wedding in Mexico went well.

Llyod, hope you get RO system working properly.

Gordon, best time of year to enjoy AZ weather.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-29-2022, 05:23 AM   #24660

28 and all orb . 40 tops but it's a dry cold

Only time for a drive by posting.
Site scramble again.......
Old 11-29-2022, 10:30 PM   #24661

Good Morning

Had my acupuncture treatment. Then dropped christmas donations off at the SPCA. Pets deserve love!! Then dropped off the Christmas gifts for a 9yr. old girl at the Salvation Army. Orrrin, I always am polite with the folks at Social Security. Even though they are incompetent. I also am a very good record keeper. I will visit them on Thursday. Have to laugh. TV screen at SS that say if you assault a federal worker it is a federal crime. The work stations are covered in round bullet proof glass. No way to get at the worker. Take Care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 02:57 AM   #24662

Coffee is done brewing. 49° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 39° with high winds. Started cleanup in shop. Found a project I had started months ago. Spent several hours boring 1 1/8" holes. Need to work on fitting it to tractor for 3rd and 4th function hoses on tractor. Will continues on that today. May get a little more cleanup done in shop.
Got to be a way to get up to those bird feeders.

Popeye, hope move went well.

Ann, good luck with visit to SSA.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 12-01-2022, 03:32 AM   #24663

Drinking first cup of coffee. 25° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 35° with a mix of sun and clouds. Tech came out and replaced compressor in my refrigerator yesterday afternoon. Sassy and I spent time in shop cleaning up and had dinner at neighbors. Got home about 6:30 and job was done. But house has smell from gas used in fridge. Have a couple of window open to help clear out the smell. Shop is a lot cleaner. Still more to do. But there is a big improvement. Will work on that when I get back from grocery shopping.
Winds were bad all day. Never lost power. But a couple of blips. Internet was out for several hours.
Birds are trying to eat a suet cake in one day. It never happens. That greasy stuff must fill them up quick.

Good Morning All.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:59 AM   #24664

No coffee this morning. 31° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 44° with cloudy skies. Grocery shopping went well. Finished cleaning up shop. Laid down on couch for a nap around 4 pm. Woke up at 12:30 this morning. Will need another nap this afternoon. Dr appointment this morning. Then some yard cleanup from wind storm Wednesday.
Time for a water break.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:50 AM   #24665

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Bike ride yesterday. Rides seem to be food oriented and this one was on track. Had a great sandwich at the restaurant. BIG - Janet and I share as the sandwich is huge, with fries!

Golf today.

Weather is cooler and a bit cloudy. Prediction of showers tomorrow. If we get moisture now the desert will be absolutely green. The last of the vegetation from the last rains are just turning brown.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:56 AM   #24666

Good Friday Morning All!

Sunny day here, low 70's expected.

R/O system problem was the ACO (????) valve. I had to replaced it as it was leaking, and hard to tell but I had a line connected incorrectly. Working great now.

Toy run tomorrow, large turnout expected. Lynne, Frank, Ron and I are leading the easy rated trail ride. It is for stock 4x4's. For many in the group it will be first time in desert if it is like last years run. Good cause, admission is $20 or a $20 donation.

New tires working great, a little rubbing in the rear inner wheel wells, going to fix thatt today.

Nice motorcycle ride yesterday. Great time, great friends. Last ride till after the holidays as most of the group will be out of town.

Orrin, congrats on the wedding!!!!!

Have a great day all!
Old 12-03-2022, 02:58 AM   #24667

Coffee is done brewing. 48° with rain this morning. Heading to 51° more rain. The sunshine late in day. Dr. appointment went well. Rest of the day became a conserve energy day. Still need to clean up leaves that blew in from the woods to west of me. Will have to see now long winds stick around today.

Llyod, good you got RO system fixed. Enjoy the Toy Run.

Gordon, bike ride to a good eating place. What could be better,

Good Morning All.
Old 12-03-2022, 07:29 AM   #24668

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!! 17, headed to 26 with very windy conditions. BRRRR

My friend, Gary, and I just finished the recruiting for the Zimbrick Blood Drive. Zimbrick is the company I retired from back in June. We were very successful and filled al 82 spots in 3 days plus a few reserves in case someone does not show. I am also going to donate as my doctor will let me go of warfarin for a short time, so I participate.

Ann, hope things go well when you visit the SSA administrator.

Ronj, again great pictures, especially the squirrel drinking.

Lloyd, good that you have the RO system working again. When we get down there, I will just depend on our portable water softener and in line filter.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote