Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2023, 09:34 PM   #24879

Good Morning

DD is feeling wonderful. She should be about done with her antibiotics. DH feels better after coughing up lots of infection. His voice sounds better. He is having hot flashes from the Predisone RX. My eye isn't as puffy today. The cream is helping. Just anoying and painful. Once we are all done being sick we get by the rest of the winter just fine. Made it to Social Security. I was right the worker told me they were trying to get the $ out of my check. When you are a represenative Payee you are responsible for over payment. I will able to fill out a reconsideration form.This will stop them from taking $ from my check. The next step if a waiver stating the overpayment was not my fault and i cannot afford to pay. I told the worker nicely that if someone did their job correctly their wouldn't be any over payment. I have been sending in her wage stubs for nine years. Radio silence on his part. What do i expect from a goverment agency? Take Care, Ann
Sam 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2023, 05:55 AM   #24880

28 and no white yet. Unless you count the nice coating of ice !
White predicted for this pm though...with rain added after dark.
High 34 , the sea be 40 winds NNE@ not much .

Not stressing over a place to park is priceless.
I got 5 years at the lanes. Hoping this is the last place I'll need here uptah camp.

there's always one !

LLoyd
You have quite a job keeping all the rigs able to keep up with ya !

But WHAT A CREW !
Old 01-06-2023, 08:01 AM   #24881

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Going to be another great day. Bit cloudy at the moment and have not looked at the forecast.

Neighbor came over to borrow the screed to lay some bricks. Couple hours later we had the bricks laid. Feels good to do tasks with visible results.

Popeye - glad you have a stable location for the next while. Hoping the location will be available for as long as you want to be in it.

Ann - good that you are in healing mode.

Sun is just coming up.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow,
Old 01-06-2023, 10:09 PM   #24882

Good Morning

Put out lots of phone calls today. My old painmanagement called me back. She didn't even know my insurance was being dropped from the practice. They offered to have me pay more copay for out of network. Used to be $40.00 now would be $60.00. Hell no!!. My primary DR. is seeing me in the gap for no copay. Then someone different called me from pain management. He apologized and said i am a valued patient. They are trying to put a contract in place with my ins. co. Hoping to have this in place in the next week or so. I am on the call list for when this happens. My Cousin was singing the praises about her eye DR. I called and they will take my ins. I may need to be checked after i finish my eye cream. It was a very good Friday!! Take Care, Ann
Old 01-07-2023, 03:22 AM   #24883

Drinking first cup of coffee. 30° with clouds this morning. Heading to 34° with peak of sunshine in afternoon. Found out why Sassy got me up 2 times Thursday night. Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarm was beeping low battery. It was in a room that I do not use very often and forgot to change batteries in November. She got extra treats for trying to warn me. We both slept good last night.
Install of new WIFI 6 mesh network went as good as could be expected for a older person. Main computer now has 948 MBPS Download and 24.53 MBPS Upload. All cameras are happy with good signals. My iPhone has good WIFI at back barn. Which is 180' from house. Still need to install a outdoor Mesh WIFI unit at barn. It is on backorder.
Today will be a conserve energy day.
This little squirrel keeps trying to get access to feeders. No luck yet.

Ann, Dr's forget that they need to do more than Dr. They probably need to have a staff that make sure they get all the plans and contracts they can get for their patient's. I changed plans this year. My old Dentist is on this plan. Back to him after finding a new one last year. My new plan works with all my other Dr's.

Popeye, my scroll finger is getting needed exercise. Congrats on campsite.

Gordon, did neighbor come to barrow you screed of screed labor. I like doing paver bricks. Projects look so good when finished.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 01-07-2023, 06:00 AM   #24884

27 high of 39 predicted. Fog . Got a little more white overnight.
Maybe 3" of fluffy. The sea still be 40 .

There are groups of people that actually go into the ocean this time of year ! They call it a "polar bear plunge"
Everybody gets other more sane people to donate $ to a charity if their "bear" screws up enough courage to make the plunge !
And NO , they don't stay in for more than a minute , some way less.

Old 01-07-2023, 08:12 AM   #24885

Good Saturday Morning All!!

43* this am, headed for 70*

Good news Popeye. Glad you have a place. In the sun even better! Always something to work on around here, helping someone etc..

Got the new/used 37" tire mounted on my spare wheel yesterday, takes 2 of us to put it on the rear carrier. Used tire I purchased has never been on the road,,,,, a few months old. Bead lock rims turn the job into a do it yourself job, tire stores either refuse to mount them, or charge a lot of money,,,,,,manual labor.

RonJ, pretty good transmission speeds! Must have power out at the barn to run it?

Have a great day all!
Old 01-07-2023, 10:10 AM   #24886

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Sun is out and it will be a lovely day. Still on the cool side but warming. And the forecast is for a warming trend.

Hope the insurance works out Ann. Insurance is one of those necessary evils that we have. Lots about marketing and when they say "complete coverage" their definition of "complete" is likely different than ours. They may mean complete coverage of one or more items while we interpret it as complete (everything) coverage. It is an issue with understanding the language and that is why there are people who specialize in word interpretation. I refer to it as weasel words.

Went outside for a brief moment. Nice in the sun but the breeze feels very cool. Supposed to be warmer as the day goes on so will be great.

Popeye - something not right in the head to cut a hole in the ice to jump in. Blame the Swedes and their saunas. I have tried it and it is not too bad if you are sauna cooked prior but just to walk in without pre-preparation is masochistic. I am still chilled from going out to dump the tanks!!!

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2023, 10:10 PM   #24887

Good Morning

We have Polar Bear swims for charity. This in Lake Ontario. They also have ambulances on site. I have seen Santa Clause water ski in a wet suit. Take Care Ann Go Buffalo Bills
Old 01-08-2023, 03:20 AM   #24888

Coffee is brewing. 26° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 34° with partly cloudy skies. Weather guessers were wrong. No sun yesterday. Did go out in neighbors woods. Set burn pile on fire. Then cleanup another area of his woods. May do some more of that today.

Ann, Polar Plunge is done all around the Great Lakes. Here is a picture from one on Lake Michigan in Wisconsin. I looked and did not find Orrin in picture.
Click image for larger version

Name:	polar-plunge.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	383997

Llyod, all my buildings have 100 amp service to them. RV pad has a much stronger signal then it had before.

Gordon, put some moisture in that sunny day. Will feel much warmer.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:58 AM   #24889

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ronj, I'm not in the picture. You got that right.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 08:58 AM   #24890

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Anther lovely day.

Wavenators waved at the Jeep crew. Hope they have a safe and fun day.

Ron - feels like lots of moisture (humidity) here. Towels take longer to feel dry. Did some metal polishing yesterday and the polish went on very well. I think the humidity helped.

We are not as cool as Lloyd. Our thermometer said 50 this morning. I expect the proximity of the river has a moderating effect. Notice people out walking are wearing heavier coats and either have gloves on or their hands in their pockets!

Going to make bacon and eggs for breakfast so going to love you and leave you. Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 01-08-2023, 09:06 AM   #24891

30.2 @ 11am all orb . wind 0 , gusting to below 5kt Sea be up one to 41 !

Old 01-09-2023, 12:23 AM   #24892

Good Morning

DD took DH to her work Christmas party. The food was good except the hard as brick green beans. Didn't win any prizes. I think they should give everyone at least a gift card. My eye has been really painful. When i looked in the mirror i see a bulge. Probably a pocket of infection. Will try to get with the eye DR. today. Tuesday is going to be our delivery of new queen mattress and box spring. Take Care, Ann