Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2023, 03:06 AM   #24893

Poured first cup of coffee. 23° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 38° with partly cloudy skies. May finally get some sun today. Got a motion light replaced on Pole Barn yesterday. Finished making pins for aligning wheels while putting them on JD mower/snowblower. Will take wheel off today and install correct pin on lift arms. That should be enough for today.

Orrin, good you stayed warm. Sorry about Packers.

Popeye, no scrolling exercise today.

Gordon, polishing metal. Did a lot of that when we stayed on AZ.

Ann, new mattress. Better sleep tonight?

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2023, 11:07 PM   #24894

Good Morning

Mattress will be delivered Tuesday. Cost $1078.00. Last christmas my brother gave me $1000.00. The set is guaranteed for ten years. Today I went to the eye DR. He said the oil gland was plugged up. He used two qtips to open the dugland up. Just a small amt. of pain. I am doing hot wash cloth soaks with the heating pad on top for 20minutes. He also put my on antibiotics. Hopefully i will feel better in a few days. Take Care, Ann
Sam 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 02:55 AM   #24895

Coffee is brewing. 24° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 35° with a mix of rain and snow in morning and cloudy skies in afternoon. Correct lift arm pin has been installed on snowblower. Pin I made to align wheel, spacer and axle flange worked very well taking off and reinstalling wheel and tire assembly. Went out in woods and cut down what was left of a tree that was damaged in last storm. Hauled it to neighbors burn pile. Today is house and shop cleanup.
When this small Sharp-shinned Hawk shows up. All the smaller birds leave my feeders. Squirrels also leave.

Ann, good you are getting treatment for your eye.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 01-10-2023, 06:21 AM   #24896

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!! 29, headed to 41 and mostly cloudy sky's.

Ann, good that you went to the doctor and got that eye cared for.

Ronj, the Packers loss depressed me for a day, now I am over it. Great hawk picture!

Gordon, the bacon and eggs smells great. I will be there is less than a month.

I have physical therapy for my shoulder this morning. I have been doing all of the things I am supposed to. Still wakes me up at night when I move wrong.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 07:59 AM   #24897

Good Tuesday Morning All!

50*, headed for 75*. A few clouds about.

Ann, sounds like they have your eye on the mend!

Years ago when we used to ice race, the polar bear club would always be somewhere near. I avoided them, one look and I would get cold and then be cold in my mind rest of the day. Crazy people I tell you!

Ronj, great hawk picture!! Sorta like a lion waiting at the watering hole.

Sunday Jeep ride went well, easy run, but lots to see.

Tomorrows run is not so easy.

New stereo I installed in pickup before we left home, died yesterday. Just will not power on. They are sending me a new one, not so easy to change.

Have planned motorcycle trip to parker Az Thursday,,,, there is a floating bar/rest on the river there, gonna check it out and have lunch. Should be fun, weather forecast is good.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-10-2023, 08:53 AM   #24898

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Lloyd - I have the sawzall here. Could make future radio installation and removal much easier!!!! Just saying.

Golfing today. Temperatures will be great. Second game of year. I am ready.

Ann - glad your eye is responding to treatment.

More polishing yesterday on the bike. One of the fellows I used to ride with wrecked his Gold Wing. He comment was the convertible he replaced it with was way easier to clean.

Going to be a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2023, 01:46 PM   #24899
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Lloyd - I have the sawzall here. Could make future radio installation and removal much easier!!!! Just saying.
Gordon, You are just way too eager with that sawzall.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 07:17 PM   #24900

Good Morning

Hot packed my eye several times today. Didn't feel good enough to go for my a cupuncture treatment. Took a nap on my new mattress set. It is mighty fine. Take Care Ann
Old 01-11-2023, 02:55 AM   #24901

Poured first cup of coffee. 32° with light fog this morning. Heading to 40° with cloudy skies. House and shop got cleaned up yesterday. Grocery shopping today. Rest of the day will be conserve energy.
Little Hawk came back to pose for more pictures.

Ann, good to have good mattress to rest on when not feeling well.

Gordon, hope golf game improved.

Llyod, Gordon is going to help with radio replacement. Should be a easy job.

Orrin, PT takes time. There will be a day when you will say why am I doing this.

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:54 PM   #24902

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good morning!! 29, headed to 35 and cloudy for Thursday.

PT on the right shoulder went well on Tuesday. More range of motion, but continued loss of strength. Not much. I have been working out at the gym with weights and PT thinks I am over doing it. We'll see.

Played cards with high school buds today, lots of fun.

Air bags came in today and will install them tomorrow.

Ronj, those little hawk picture keep getting better and better. Do they eat woodpeckers?

Ann, Lloyd, Gordon, and Lynn, stay well. Looking forward to heading to Yuma.
Fitchburg, WI
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 01:10 AM   #24903

Good Morning

A brutal day that i am glad is over. 4 and a 1/2 hrs. in the Dental Chair. My student did a good job with my Crown prep. The supervising DR. complemented on a good job for a difficult procedure. Treated DH to Chinese Buffett after Dentist. Only one mess up. When i checked in they said i had to pay $360.00. Gave them my credit card. Asked my student about this. He said they have a letter of payment for the crown from my ins. co. Because i checked out late the person ii checked in with wasn't there. Took a copy of my receit. Promised to call my by Monday. Going a little crazy with my Primary DR. I think he finaly escripted in after seven days for my pain rx. DR. want to know when my apt. is with my new pain management. It is like talking to people that have a comprehension problem. My old pain management hopes to have a new contract in the next one to two weeks. DR> had to ask why i take the pain pills.How about looking in my chart for the latest spine and neck MRI report. Then my pain management sent me a bill for the last office co pay. I gave them a check and also got a receit. More phone calls today. Take Care, Ann
Old 01-12-2023, 03:07 AM   #24904

Coffee is done brewing. 38° with fog this morning. Heading to 40° with chance of snow and rain in afternoon. Yesterdays weather was a bust for forecasters. Had several hours of sun and no precipitation. Grocery shopping went well. Managed to get out with spending less than $40. Did 2 walks with Sassy. After sun up will do a check of all Eavestrough and Downspouts. Need to chase fish out of the pump filter on garden pond. If it decides to freeze this winter. They will die in the ice.
Squirrels have a never ending desire to climb up to bird feeders.

Orrin, Hawk go after any bird that is smaller than it. Tries to catch them in flight.

Ann, hope you get your money back from Dr visits.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 01-12-2023, 07:35 AM   #24905

Good Thursday Morning All!!

51^, headed for 69*, forecasted as a sunny day.

Gordon and Janet, Deb and I are headed to Blythe California for lunch on the motorcycles. Goal is to buy a Tshirt, from any old where that has Blythe on it. Have restaurant targeted that shows peeps with shirts on.

Fun Jeep ride yesterday, had a rig breakdown on the trail. Lots of towing to clear the obstacle hills, luckily much of the last maybe 10 miles of the trail was flat ground running in washes with no obstacles. 2wd got it done.

RonJ, hope your feeder is not indirectly feeding the Hawk. Great picture!

Orrin, Yuma is waiting. Come on down.

Planning a trip to Superstition OHV park in a couple weeks for our group. Will include a good bit of running in the sand dunes. Those who have not done this will enjoy.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-12-2023, 07:46 AM   #24906

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, hopefully everything is okay, haven't heard from ya lately.