Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #2577

Mike, go get it!! This will be tough, but the tough win.

Forgot where you are located,,, but if there is something I can do?

Get well soon!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2015, 12:41 AM   #2578

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning everyone! Coffee was very good today!

MK, (Mike), Sorry for the news, you will be in our prayers, till you get this whipped, and you will BEAT this! Just stay positive, as that is the key! As a survivor of prostate cancer, and someone that is living with Lymphoma that is currently in remission, I can tell you for sure, You Can Do This!
Gordon, and Frank, safe travels! remember the pic's!
Rbpower, welcome! That looks like quite a MH, T-2000 KW front? Looks just like what Jay is looking for!
Popeye, looks like you have a pretty big job in front of you, all new brakes and lines? Or was that on the total rebuild site? Hehehehe! Yes, we all read both!!
Bap, that was a short post! You must be busy!
Everyone, take care! Rail!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:38 AM   #2579

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Nice easy trip here yesterday, beautiful day and great scenery with the trees turning all the different colors. We pulled in a little after 2, 2 other couples came in after us and one came in with us, so over half our group is here. Went to dinner with the group last night and had a wonderful time.

MK,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and if you need anything, just ask.

Lloyd,
1 more week and we will be at your doorstep.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:24 AM   #2580
bap

MIKE,,, you have been and will continue to be in our prayers for a speedy recovery..
i agree with the positive attitude ,,and if there is any thing any of us can do we will,,i belive we are alot more than a bunch of strangers on here ,, we have come to know and care for each other like a family..so please keep us updated on everything you can because we all truley care my friend....

GORDAN,,,,, to say im busy is an understatement....lol..but haveing fun through it..

everyone else,,,,have a great day my friends !!
jeff
Old 10-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #2581

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
coffee is most tasty,
Mike what more can I say but X'S 2 Prayers sent
Having problems with this laptop again.
can't get the pic's to upload.
I am also having problems finding any sand paper over 800 to finish up on the stripe.
Where's every one going this winter? We are leaning more towards Quartzsite
I got hooked on a good flea market this past summer an it sounds like a once in a lifetime place too see.
I went tire shopping yesterday and got (I think) a good price on Coopers for the rear's. I think Coopers are a good tire.
Those hitting the road be safe and have fun.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:04 PM   #2582

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Well I got pic's uploaded in my Photo's but here are a few. I have to re-tape and re-sand and re-paint but not bad for a first timmer.
Tim
oyea still on my coffee...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151006_142008.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	334.6 KB
ID:	109174   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151006_184730.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	109176  

Old 10-09-2015, 02:56 PM   #2583

Freightliner Owners Club
Nice job Tim, wet sand lightly and then buff out and you might be good to go.
Frank
Old 10-09-2015, 05:37 PM   #2584

Gulf Streamers Club
Tim, I recommend a 3M hand-masker tape dispenser from Home Depot/Lowes. And the 12" paper roll. Makes papering go so much faster. The dispenser is less than $40 and you will call it money well spent. And of course it can be used in the house too.

ronspradley
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:49 PM   #2585

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Mike, I think you can see here that you will have a lot of support from this group. When one of us is having a hard time the others come forward and do what we can from here. Prayers, positive support, simple conversation and sending good feelings your way. We are with you and if you need us, just type "Help" and we got your back.

Tim, Looks like you have been busy. Nice job. Frank, You and Rita be safe and hope you have a great time with Lloyd. It is amazing how any of us are getting together.

Ron, The right tool always makes the job easier. I'm working on something right now crafty wise and am having to get creative to get it right. Won't be perfect, but it will do.

W--k this weekend. Wanted to go camping since it will probably be the last nice weather we have till spring but the CG was booked. Well, what can you do?

Hope you all have a great weekend and keep safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:58 PM   #2586

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Evening All,

Mike, I think you can see here that you will have a lot of support from this group. When one of us is having a hard time the others come forward and do what we can from here. Prayers, positive support, simple conversation and sending good feelings your way. We are with you and if you need us, just type "Help" and we got your back.

Tim, Looks like you have been busy. Nice job. Frank, You and Rita be safe and hope you have a great time with Lloyd. It is amazing how any of us are getting together.

Ron, The right tool always makes the job easier. I'm working on something right now crafty wise and am having to get creative to get it right. Won't be perfect, but it will do.

W--k this weekend. Wanted to go camping since it will probably be the last nice weather we have till spring but the CG was booked. Well, what can you do?

Hope you all have a great weekend and keep safe. Lynne
Thank you, and you ask
Well, what can you do? Go Boondocking.!!!!! suppose too be in the 80dies here Sunday. or there's always the driveway, LOL
Tim
Old 10-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #2587

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tim,

No where around here to boondock when I have to be close enough to still get to w--k both days. Thinking about parking in the driveway though and plugging her in. I need to be within 45 min drive to get to w--k in on-call timeframe. Limits what I can do.

Otherwise, will wait until Spring and then get the dolly, travel every weekend I can.

Night, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:04 PM   #2588

Freightliner Owners Club
Lynne,
Thanks, had a wonderful BBQ meal with our Sunrisers group, then the park owner and his wife and the rest of their band played for us. It was FANTASTIC, wish you and Jerry were here to share it with us. We will be at Lloyds next Friday evening.
Frank
Old 10-10-2015, 04:21 AM   #2589

Good morning all!

66 degrees here, supposed to rain all day today, nothing so far. Our S.C. neighbors south of us do not need more rain.

Frank and Rita will be here in 6 days. Got to come up with a name for my Campground? They have site #1 reserved. Just going to Lloyd's doesn't have a ring to it.

Neighbors horse died Thursday night. Went up there with my little backhoe last night after w-k and buried it. Sad, they had this horse 25 years. The other horses were upset as we took him away. His name was Budman, going to make a marker for the grave site today. Nut'in fancy.

Lynne, I know what you mean. Our coach is currently apart. I have no place to go, no time to go, but I am pacing cause the coach is down. We hope to get one more weekend out in November with some friends.

Tim, paint looks good. Is there a parts store near you? They usually have the fine auto body paper. Even Pep boys, or Autozone.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:50 AM   #2590

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Cool

Lloyd,
I checked at Manards and they had only 800 paper. I checked HD and found the brown paper and all I saw online for sandpaper was 1500 & 2000. Will the 2000 be enough? the runs are not that big. I wish I would have heard about that brown paper instead of news paper. I used a whole roll of tape too.
Thank you and the others for your help. Really from a distance it don't look half bad
Coffee is good this morning or maybe because its Saturday.
and it was In the 40dies last night. The furnace got a work out last night and this morning. Its also Sunny and maybe 80 tomorrow. then next week they are saying highs in the upper 60dies and 35 at night by Friday.
I am waiting for a response from a RV park in AZ for the okay. I guess they have a 10 year rule. They gave us it last season but we were not able too make it there. Maybe the strip will pass us.
Tim

« Total Rebuild | - »