Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2015, 03:30 AM   #2605

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning all,
Up @ 4 again...
I don't get it ,when I worked I could sleep til noon now that I am retired I'm up at the crack of dawn.!!!
Everyone sounds so busy, I better get going on winterizing the MH before it freezes here. Just keep hoping for just one more weekend...
The laptop is still working thank heavens. Joe tells me that we can buy some sort of cable for the desktop to work on this hotspot thingy so I will pick one of those up so I can get back to the desktop, boy I sure miss it.
We plan on heading south after the holidays (like day after Christmas LOL) should have the new tires for the rear by then.
Gee Gordon we'll almost be neighbor's.
Well I have to warm up a cup so Talk soon,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2015, 05:09 AM   #2606

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Brunch was excellent yesterday, way too much food, but it was oh sooo good. This morning heading about 40 minutes away to watch a glass blower, that should be interesting.
Gordon,
Glad that you and Janet made it with no problems, now you can enjoy the warmth.
Tim,
That is the way it goes, means that we are having a nice restful sleep.
Lynne,
Glad that you got the MH winterized without problems. You will have to check with the campgrounds on who has 4th of July fireworks.
Lloyd,
Glad that you got the A/C hose fixed and you will be able to get the thing cooling again.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:07 AM   #2607

Morning all!

Another very nice day here, can't find a cloud at the moment. Of course I am at w--k. Have a busy day here, adding to it, trying to solve the great Cummins 400 ISL turbo puzzle.

Glad to hear you made it Gordon. Sounds like an uneventful trip. The best kind! Great mileage!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:18 AM   #2608
bap

well since its only 11 O,clock its still morning,,,lol

no i didnt just get up ..been busy moving our tt,s around and getting ready to repaint the winnebago..looks good but we decided to change the colors...again ...lol,,this will be the 3rd repaint....in a week...lol

TIM,,funny how ya can sleep the best when its time to get up and cant sleep when you can sleep all day if ya want...lo...

GORDAN,,,glad ya had a safe drive my friend,,----now set camp and kick back and enjoy ole buddy

LYNNE,, that cg sounds like a blast,,,i would have to go there if i was in the area..,,--our cg,s around here always decorate for the halloween trick or treaters,,everyone that sets up are giving out the goodies,,that is where we always take the grandsons...----and there always booked up for a year in advance..

FRANK,,, keep enjoying your time with the sunrisers..--i know you will..

prayers for all my friends out there,,,--

jeff
Old 10-12-2015, 10:00 AM   #2609

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Working on the setup thing. Boy there seems a lot to do. Have to tape the awning slides because the ficus trees shed leaves and berries like crazy. They are small enough to get into the awning cover.

Also going to put some rubber snakes on the roof. Read on another thread that it keeps the birds away from the unit - in other words reduced the bird poop on the roof. I hope the doves are not so stupid to ignore the rubber menace I will be putting up. Last year there was 7 nests above the coach. I could have started a fertilizer business but had it washed off instead.

For all of you who are wanting a bit warmer weather this may be the place. 100 during the day and 80 overnight. There is an empty space just behind us that is vacant at the moment.

Well back to setting up before it gets too much warmer. Need to get the lounge chairs set up.

Have a great day.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:10 AM   #2610

Gordon, 100 degrees!!!

I think you got there too quickly! I read somewhere that Canadian's melt at 98?

L.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:09 PM   #2611

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Gordon, 100 degrees!!!

I think you got there too quickly! I read somewhere that Canadian's melt at 98?

L.
I think it is 98.6!!! It will only be a few days and then it is cooling off to the mid 80. That will be very pleasant as the 100 is not too bad under the trees.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:07 AM   #2612

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Went to Buckhannon yesterday morning to Ron Hinkle Glass, he is a master glass blower. Very interesting trip. Today a train ride and lunch on the train.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:21 AM   #2613

Good Morning All!

60 degrees here, and it rained during the night. Was very overcast when I got up, clear blue sky's now.

W--king today, but my mechanic is due back to try and get the coach back together. Turns out, Cummins was supposed to give us a new actuator with the new turbo,,,,, no new actuator, no guarantee on the turbo! So we lost 3-4 days on that goof. Oh well, as long as this thing is rock solid when we get done.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:30 AM   #2614

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all! The coffee tastes great today. 57 degrees here this morning. DW is off to work. Will travel to the S&B today, since we are getting new carpet in the family room tomorrow.

Glad to hear Gordon is getting set up in Yuma, but sad to think others are having to winterize. Spring is coming!

MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-13-2015, 09:40 AM   #2615

Winnebago Owners Club
Hope everyone has a grand day. Today will be arranging for the coach and stacker to be washed. Life is grand although a bit on the warm side.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #2616

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Morning all,
Up @ 4 again...
I don't get it ,when I worked I could sleep til noon now that I am retired I'm up at the crack of dawn.!!!
Everyone sounds so busy, I better get going on winterizing the MH before it freezes here. Just keep hoping for just one more weekend...
The laptop is still working thank heavens. Joe tells me that we can buy some sort of cable for the desktop to work on this hotspot thingy so I will pick one of those up so I can get back to the desktop, boy I sure miss it.
We plan on heading south after the holidays (like day after Christmas LOL) should have the new tires for the rear by then.
Gee Gordon we'll almost be neighbor's.
Well I have to warm up a cup so Talk soon,
Tim
Tim - we will be about 80 miles apart. Let us know when you get down and we will try to get together.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:05 PM   #2617

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon All,

Got out of w--k a little early today. I don't stay if I can leave early, prefer to be at home or at least not there. Drizzly and overcast today and they are saying frost this weekend. Sooner it gets here the sooner it is gone I guess.

I think about how close to retirement I am and realize even though 14 months isn't very long it sure seems like it from the working side of it. Gives us time to plan a bit but the plans seem to change often. Thinking about not taking any time off this winter and saving up PTO so I can go camping more next summer. Will see how much I can bank.

Otherwise, will be joining you who are off to the warmer climes eventually. One of Jerry's friends would winterize his rig and after Christmas they would put the car on the dolly and head South. I'm not sure I would want to drive the MH and dolly in the snow and salt. I guess you could wash it off when you get to the warmth, but just not sure. Considering I want to retire in Jan of 2017, I will ether do just that or sit in the cold for a few months. Doesn't appeal to much sitting here in the cold.

Still time to figure it out though. Hope all of you who are in the warmer weather enjoy the winter. The snow of course is beautiful on the trees but not so much on the road. It can be pretty though. So take care and keep safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #2618

Winnebago Owners Club
Other option to consider is finding a spot to store the MH and dolly far enough south to be out of the winter weather. Retire, jump in the car and head out to the MH. Then continue to the spot of your choice.