Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #2619

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Weather here is going down hill by the weekend we may get snow showers, yuk. Lynne maybe you could drive the MH to your sister's (I think she lives in Texas) before bad weather, retire and drive down. Frank, sounds like fun . Lloyd, be good to get the MH up in shape for next year. Mike that's the attitude to have, we can skip winter and go to spring . Have a great night all.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2015, 09:43 PM   #2620

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Tim - we will be about 80 miles apart. Let us know when you get down and we will try to get together.

Gordon Evening,
You said that your setting up for your MH too be washed. How does that work?
I'm thinking that I will need to have ours washed when we get down there. Planning on getting in Quartzsite Jan 5th. I've been to Yuma when I was a OTR Truck Driver too pick up a load of lettuce. But it was a in and out the same day.
We are undecided about bring the toad I'm sure we could rent a car to go cruising around.
Do you guys come up too Quartzsite for any of the events there?
Don't use up all the sun and warmth.
It would be nice to visit with you and the wife .
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 04:52 AM   #2621

Morning all!

53 here this morning. Supposed to be a nice day.

Still working on the coach. Turbo is on, but there is a coolant fitting for the turbo that we need. Special fitting from Cummins, have to order it today. After that, it is pretty easy stuff, exhaust and intake connections and we go.

Tim, wish we all could come visit you guys in AZ. Someday I will, 1 year, 7 months, 5 days, 10 hours and 8 mins to retirement! LOL

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:38 AM   #2622

morning all
rbpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:38 AM   #2623

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, weather just ok, around 54*, but it is only going to warm up a couple degrees this afternoon. Train ride was FANTASTIC, went from Elkins up to High Falls, about 22 miles or so, it took an hour and 45 minutes. Had a Deli lunch and had beautiful scenery all the way there.
Lloyd,
Nothing like the countdown to retirement. You and Lynne are doing it at the same time, although I think your end date is a little further out. Looks like maybe we will all be out in AZ next winter.

I know that we stayed north too long this year due to the Rally, next year will be in Fl the 1st week in October, with DD and Grandson at Disney World, then off to AZ.

Have a Great Day All,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:17 AM   #2624

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee was good and I didn't climb out of bed until 8am. Normally up at 4:30 but it was cold this am so I just relaxed.

Didn't think about taking the rig down to sister's. Good idea. Would have to find a place there as she does not have the room, but it could work. That means I could go stay with her about a month and then head to NC to see our Brother. May just work. Thanks for the idea Terry.

Frank, I take it you and Rita are wanting to see more of the country. The thing that made us decide on the RV lifestyle was the flexability of going to different locations. Different views, and seeing all of my family and many beautiful locations. It's something to look forward to.

Well, you all have a good day and please keep safe on the road. Lynne and Jerry
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:38 AM   #2625

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning all;
Tim - there are a number of local residents who do custom washing and hand waxing. We have our favorites as does everyone else. It will cost 3 per foot for the coach and 4 per foot for the stacker for a wash and hand wax. They come to the site.

It appears the dollar will be reducing the number of Canadians wintering in our park. That is another whole topic for discussion but we were fortunate to exchange when the dollar was near par.

Unloading the bikes today and then will watch the ball game. Go Jays!!
Old 10-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #2626

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Coffee is great, Waiting for Meat loaf and squash with new little red potatoes for Dinner.
Thanks, I don't think I can do it for that price. Wash and wax $100.00 I will have to find one by where we will be at. We had a really dirty rain the other day so I washed it today, hoping that's it until we get ready to head south.
Thanks,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:05 PM   #2627

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning (actually evening) all! Temps in upper 40's this morning, but it was above 75 this afternoon. Unlike some of you guys, no snow in the weather forecast. Took a friend in to StL today to help perform more moving for DD and SIL. Glad to be back home, and better still, do not have to remove fiver hitch from the 2500 anymore! Worst part is putting up with garbage on the tv. I wish DW was more into Discovery, History Channels. Oh, well.

Glad you all are keeping it on the straight and narrow. I am looking forward to hearing more Yuma an Quartzite reports.

Mike b

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-15-2015, 07:15 AM   #2628

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Last coffee with the Sunrisers this morning, most everyone is leaving early tomorrow morning.
Lynne,
Yes, Rita and I are trying to see as much of this beautiful country as we can, without rushing. We are going to try out a winter in Az and a winter in south Texas to see where we want to settle down when we are no longer able to travel.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 08:02 PM   #2629

Winnebago Owners Club
Well the coach and trailer are washed and waxed. Cost 210 and they did an excellent job.

Tomorrow I am going to put some rubber snakes on the roof to see if they will keep the doves from shitting on the roof. Also going to take down some of the nests. One I will place a snake in.

Still hot here. At 7 pm mountain standard time it is still 91.

There is a lightning storm happening to the north of us. Some very large bolts and some sheet lightning. Hope the storm stays north.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #2630

Quote:
Well the coach and trailer are washed and waxed. Cost 210 and they did an excellent job.

Tomorrow I am going to put some rubber snakes on the roof to see if they will keep the doves from shitting on the roof. Also going to take down some of the nests. One I will place a snake in.

Still hot here. At 7 pm mountain standard time it is still 91.

There is a lightning storm happening to the north of us. Some very large bolts and some sheet lightning. Hope the storm stays north.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Wash and wax? You are dooooomed!
Rain with wind and dust.
(Hope not)
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:28 PM   #2631

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Wash and wax? You are dooooomed!
Rain with wind and dust.
(Hope not)
Dooomed and jinxed for sure. That is the story of driving this thing. Washed and wiped it before we left home. Drove three days into wind and rain. The another day of just wind to dry everything out and set it up hard.

That was driving east. Then we started driving west. The wind changed. Doomed is an understatement.

Not to worry. The fellows said if it rained overnight they would come back in the morning and wash and wipe it for nothing!
Old 10-15-2015, 09:34 PM   #2632

Quote:
Dooomed and jinxed for sure. That is the story of driving this thing. Washed and wiped it before we left home. Drove three days into wind and rain. The another day of just wind to dry everything out and set it up hard.

That was driving east. Then we started driving west. The wind changed. Doomed is an understatement.

Not to worry. The fellows said if it rained overnight they would come back in the morning and wash and wipe it for nothing!

They would wipe it for nothing?
That means el nino is headed your way!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote