Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2015, 06:55 PM   #2647

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post

Can I ask what you paying for that LOVELY spot?

We have reservation in Quartzsite. Defiantly don't look anything like yours

We're going to the 20ties tonight. The only thing I know benefitting me is the Haralson apples in the back yard will taste really good after the first frost.

Tim

Yes where is it and how much?
And you had to mention Haralson apples, eh? Hard and tart and sweet; best ever!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2015, 06:58 PM   #2648

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post

Can I ask what you paying for that LOVELY spot?
We have reservation in Quartzsite. Defiantly don't look anything like yours
We're going to the 20ties tonight. The only thing I know benefitting me is the Haralson apples in the back yard will taste really good after the first frost.
Tim
Tim - we lease our lot and it costs us 2400 per year. We installed the patio blocks and built the shed. We have been here for 7 years.

The lot behind us is totally bricked as well. We did that a couple years ago. There are five lots here that we laid patio blocks on including the space between. It gives a really nice area for pot luck dinners, etc.

One couple moved to another lot that was larger. They full time here and needed more space for their toys as well as a eastern facing. They stay here year round so the western exposure is hotter in the summer. In winter it is warmer in the cooler weather.

Another couple will not be coming down this year as she is having some health issues. They are waiting for a second cataract and a knee operation. As far as I know both spaces are available but would have to ask to make sure.

They have shorter leases and daily rates as well. I think the shortest lease is 3 months but would have to find out. Daily rates are 35 I think.

If you are interested I could find out more details.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:00 PM   #2649

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Evening All,

Nice set up Gordon. Do you leave your grill out all the time? I so, must be a safe place.

Hi Octanfam, Welcome to the thread. Glad the toilet is fixed, sure don't want the contents leaking out anywhere. Send a pic of your rig if you get a chance. We like to Oooh and Ahhhh over each others rigs.

Another day closer to retirement. Each day brings me closer.
Take care all and those on the road be safe and happy. Talk with a later, Lynne
Lynne. We leave the grill out during the winter and put it in the shed when we are gone in the summer. The park is security controlled so I suppose we could leave it out in the summer but it would be extremely dusty and dirty so into the shed it goes.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:07 PM   #2650

Greetings all!

I came home from work about 4:30 this afternoon, and Frank and Rita were setup and camp'in at our place! Very cool!

We went out to dinner tonight, went to a restaurant a few miles from our place built out of a 1860 barn transported here from Ohio. We had a great time.

Have a good evening all!

L.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:43 PM   #2651

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Greetings all!

I came home from work about 4:30 this afternoon, and Frank and Rita were setup and camp'in at our place! Very cool!

We went out to dinner tonight, went to a restaurant a few miles from our place built out of a 1860 barn transported here from Ohio. We had a great time.

Have a good evening all!

L.
Good news to hear Frank and Rita arrived safe and sound.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:51 PM   #2652

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Good Evening All,

Nice set up Gordon. Do you leave your grill out all the time? I so, must be a safe place.

Hi Octanfam, Welcome to the thread. Glad the toilet is fixed, sure don't want the contents leaking out anywhere. Send a pic of your rig if you get a chance. We like to Oooh and Ahhhh over each others rigs.

Another day closer to retirement. Each day brings me closer.
Take care all and those on the road be safe and happy. Talk with a later, Lynne
Here one of the threads on my RV.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/1988-...-265682.htmlon my rv
Old 10-17-2015, 05:35 AM   #2653

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,

Had a nice trip down to Lloyd's yesterday. His directions were spot on, had no problems finding the right place. As he said, we had a wonderful dinner last night, and a nice visit. Not used to driving for 8 hrs. so we slept really hard last night.
Gordon,
Nice setup. We actually caught a tail wind most of the way here yesterday, that's unusual.
Tim,
This year we are going to Fl for the winter, but we are talking about Az for next winter.
Octanefam,
Welcome to the Thread, glad that you joined us.

Have a good day all, we are going to see what kind of trouble that Lloyd and I can get into at his shop today, and I am going to wash the 5er, it is filthy.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:20 AM   #2654
bap

goodmorning everyone,,--and welcome octamfam and campdaven,,!!!

cold here this morning having our first frost and its a killer one to boot..

GORDAN,,, it is a nice comfy looking place to spend the next 5 months for sure..nice!!!

FRANK,,glad you and RITA made it to LOYDS PARADISE CAMPGROUND safely,,-

LYNNE,,one day closer to retirement,,it will be here before ya know it,,then you will be a snow birder..

everyone have a great weekend,,!!!!!

jeff
Old 10-17-2015, 07:32 AM   #2655

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee is good and the warmth is needed since it got to 31 last night. Burrrr, I can't wait for Spring.

Frank and Rita, Glad you guys are there safe and sound. Once you get the 5r clean you can relax an play. Love that several of us on this rig are meeting up. Great way to make friends here.

Octanefam, Couldn't connect to site you gave, it said it was expired. Although my rig is only 11 yrs old, I love the older ones and am glad I came to this thread because I have met some really nice people.

Hey Bap, How are you and Debbie doing? How are her lungs coming on colder weather. Does it help her or make it harder?

Gordon, Sounds like a nice set up and can you give me the name of the place so when I retire we can go that way? DW's sister lies in Yuma part time and it is close I believe. At least closer than when we are in MI. Could make it easier to see them and the Nieces.

I think I will be picking the last of the rhubarb since we got a frost last night, might even make a pie today or tomorrow. Right now I am baking Christmas bulbs.

You all have a great day ad visits. Keep safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:38 AM   #2656

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all! Moved the fiver to Northern Missouri yesterday, and set up at a private campground. Upper 30's last night, so the coffee tastes great. Gordon, thanks for the pictures and information from Yuma. Looks like that is a cool place. Also, sounds like good times are being had with Lloyd in the Carolinas. We will attend a craft fair in this town, and then on to Quincy, Illinois for the Tin Dusters auto show. (No cars newer than 1950.) I think I got storage space negotiated for in town where we live. I am camp hosting all of November in a state park, followed by some warranty work at the dealer. Will be nice to have storage space in town to store the fiver this winter. Two more years, and we cans now bird with the rest of the Good Morning flock!

Mike b

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #2657

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. I think I have caught the missing reply to the thread disease from some of you. We will try this again. I moved the fiver to a private campground on Northern Missouri yesterday. Temps in the 30's last night, so the coffee is pretty good this morning. We will walk through the local craft show this morning, and then move on to Quincy, Illinois to attend the Tin Dusters auto show. (No cars newer than 1950.) I have storage lined up for the winter in town, instead of out in the country. I host at a state park next month, then the five goes in for some warranty work. It will be nice to have convenient storage this winter.

Great pictures and information from Yuma. Sounds like fun in the Carolinas with Lloyd. In tow more years we can snow bird with the rest do the "Good Morning" snow bird flock!

Mike b

Old 10-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #2658

Forest River Owners Club
Well the first post re-appeared after I re-replied. Now you guys know I am nuts!

Mike b

Old 10-17-2015, 09:53 AM   #2659

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
L O L Welcome
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #2660

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Good Morning All,

Coffee is good and the warmth is needed since it got to 31 last night. Burrrr, I can't wait for Spring.

Frank and Rita, Glad you guys are there safe and sound. Once you get the 5r clean you can relax an play. Love that several of us on this rig are meeting up. Great way to make friends here.

Octanefam, Couldn't connect to site you gave, it said it was expired. Although my rig is only 11 yrs old, I love the older ones and am glad I came to this thread because I have met some really nice people.

Hey Bap, How are you and Debbie doing? How are her lungs coming on colder weather. Does it help her or make it harder?

Gordon, Sounds like a nice set up and can you give me the name of the place so when I retire we can go that way? DW's sister lies in Yuma part time and it is close I believe. At least closer than when we are in MI. Could make it easier to see them and the Nieces.

I think I will be picking the last of the rhubarb since we got a frost last night, might even make a pie today or tomorrow. Right now I am baking Christmas bulbs.

You all have a great day ad visits. Keep safe. Lynne
Rivers Edge, Winterhaven California.