Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2015, 06:02 AM   #2717

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
66* here this morning, going to 88*. Not to rub it in, just to let you know what your missing. Didn't realize how much we missed it here until we pulled in. Feel better and this is home for us.
Lynne,
We are in Lot 22 this year. You are right about being unusual to have a castle in your town. I like going through castles, forts and really old houses.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #2718

Rain is on the way...expecting 12 to 18 inches today and tomorrow. ..so it's a great day to watch college football and movies....couple of my favorite pastimes

Had first platelet transfusion yesterday done with sterroids but monday it's another bone marrow biopsy....busy busy busy...gonna have to get the wife a new truck after all these trips...lol...we just bought two new trucks November of 2014...hers a half ton and mine a 4 door dually one ton...lots of miles going on hers going back and forth to houston...

Well have safe travels and keep dry..
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:26 AM   #2719

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, MK, stay safe with all that rain coming your way, the storm in Mexico is just crazy. Good luck on the bone marrow tests.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:36 PM   #2720

Gulf Streamers Club
6 inches since midnight. Just north of Austin, Texas.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 01:16 AM   #2721

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone!! Coffee very good today!
MK, keep up the positive attitude, and you will do OK!! And be carefull on the wet roads! Prayers still coming!!
Hope everyone in Texas stays dry, looks like you will be getting a lot of rain!
Anyone heard from Curtis lately?
Jay, the house will sell, no worries!
Frank, it is good to be home!
Gordon, the store I bought the ice cream at is, cross the border, past the first block, (purple store), to the second blk., turn right, go past the first blk., look on the left side, the little grocery store on left. Go in and go to the back right corner, that is where the ice cream is! Also, on the corner, just before the grocery, is a ice cream store, and they have some frozen fruit bars that are very, very good also! Across the street from the grocery, is a chicken restaurant, they barbeque it out front, the food there is also very good! They have a beef soup, for breakfast, that is so good! Seems that soup is what a lot of the locals eat for breakfast, and it come's with the garnish tray, and tortillas, corn or flour, and will make many taco's!
There is a American expat, Jim, that wheel's around town in a motorized wheel chair, can be found outside the purple store, in the mornings, or in front of the Green Door Bar a little later on, that has lived there for many years! He is a good friend of mine, and can let you know anything you want to know about Algodones! I got to know a lot of people there, most, very good honest, hard working people! The owners of the Green Door Bar are also good friends of mine, and I had many games of 8 ball with one of the owner's, George! There are five brother's, four now, that run it, with their son's! Mention my name (Stan or Estan as they called me) the guy that moved to Thailand, and they will take very good care of you!
Well, everyone have a great day! Rail!
PS, good thing I copy'd this post as it went poof, the min. I clicked submit!
Old 10-25-2015, 06:25 AM   #2722

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee good this morning, weather is wonderful. Hope that those of you in Texas and along the southern shores are ok and stay out of the rising waters from all the rain.
MK,
Keep it up my friend and you will kick this thing, we are all behind you and if you need anything, all you have to do is ask. Our prayers and well wishes are always with you.
Rail,
Glad that you didn't loose that post, too long to have to redo. It sounds like you had a great time there south of the border.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:04 AM   #2723

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Coffee Gang,

It got to 41 last night but the sun is shining and it will be decent today. Coffee is always very welcomed on cold mornings here in MI.

My MIL used to go to Florida in the winter, had a trailer in an older park. She used to call and say "It's 64 here or 80 here" all the time. One Christmas day she called and said "it's 70 today and sun shiny". I told her it was 64 that day (and it was) ad sunny and the kids were riding their new bikes outside. Didn't get to do that very often.

Otherwise, I went to check the MH and one other person had parked their 5r. They put moth balls around and under the 5r???? I am assuming for critter control. SO, we will go today and move it out, spread the moth balls around and under where the MH sits and put her back in. Can't hurt and don't want any chewed wires or unwanted guests.

I am seeing a lot of RVs fully loaded heading South I would assume. Almost makes me cry since I can't go yet. Haven't paid enough dues yet but will have those dues paid soon and will be heading out too, Thinking about working until June of 2017 (keep readjusting the timeframe) for a number of reasons. Probably going to wait until I get closer and figure it out for sure. Will not be past that though.

Question about radios for the rig. Ours is dead. The lighter wire is dead so it won't work. Is it possible for us to cut into the radio wire to He reason I want the lighter working is because I use it for my Tom Tom. I have looked at radios that have a USB port and could use that but would like to power the lighter if possible. Also going to get a Blue Tooth for obvious reasons.

Have a great day all. MK, prayers going out to you every day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:30 AM   #2724

Good Morning all!

59 here this morning, overcast, chance of showers later in the afternoon.

MK, sounds like you are getting through this. Didn't realize you are getting your treatment in Houston. Great doc's there. Get better soon!

Lynne, not sure I follow. The radio and cigarette lighter are dead? No power? They are usually separate circuits, the cig lighter draws a good bit to get red hot. Have you checked the fuse? (finding them is fun in these coaches)

Mom and Dad are moved. My 24' enclosed trailer is 2/3's full of tools, table saws, routers, air compressor, grinders, riding mower, push mower, drill press etc etc. Very heavy load. Leaving that stuff in there for now. They are looking at houses to buy, which could happen quick, or second choice is to build.

Frank, sounds like things are great at winter camp. Glad to hear.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:37 AM   #2725
bap

goodmorning my friends,,

coffe is good this am,,cloudy and rainy here temps in the low to mid 60s for the day..but it is peek color season awsome views of our country side..

MK, our prayers are with ya buddy,,....and like said above be carefull out there..

no word from curtis yet,,--

RON,, good to hear from ya,,,--stay dry..

have a great day my friends !!!
Old 10-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #2726

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning Coffee Gang,

It got to 41 last night but the sun is shining and it will be decent today. Coffee is always very welcomed on cold mornings here in MI.

My MIL used to go to Florida in the winter, had a trailer in an older park. She used to call and say "It's 64 here or 80 here" all the time. One Christmas day she called and said "it's 70 today and sun shiny". I told her it was 64 that day (and it was) ad sunny and the kids were riding their new bikes outside. Didn't get to do that very often.

Otherwise, I went to check the MH and one other person had parked their 5r. They put moth balls around and under the 5r???? I am assuming for critter control. SO, we will go today and move it out, spread the moth balls around and under where the MH sits and put her back in. Can't hurt and don't want any chewed wires or unwanted guests.

I am seeing a lot of RVs fully loaded heading South I would assume. Almost makes me cry since I can't go yet. Haven't paid enough dues yet but will have those dues paid soon and will be heading out too, Thinking about working until June of 2017 (keep readjusting the timeframe) for a number of reasons. Probably going to wait until I get closer and figure it out for sure. Will not be past that though.

Question about radios for the rig. Ours is dead. The lighter wire is dead so it won't work. Is it possible for us to cut into the radio wire to He reason I want the lighter working is because I use it for my Tom Tom. I have looked at radios that have a USB port and could use that but would like to power the lighter if possible. Also going to get a Blue Tooth for obvious reasons.

Have a great day all. MK, prayers going out to you every day. Lynne
Hi Lynne and Jerry;
We also throw bay leaves in the corner. Someone told Janet it keeps critters away as well. She did it and not sure if it worked or not but we did not have any critters.

I would not cut into the radio wire for the cigarette lighter. Should someone ever put the full draw on that it would likely keep blowing the radio circuit fuse and I would not put a heavier fuse in the radio circuit. If you cannot find the fuse for the cigarette ligher it may be better to just run another wire from the fuse block. There should be a blank there. If not a wire directly from the battery with an inline fuse.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:03 AM   #2727

Many thanks for the well wishes and prayers they are greatly appreciated. I am just ready to be able to get out rv-ing again maybe next summer. From where I sit and watch TV I look out the window and see my 5er in the front yard...gives me inspiration to get this beat so we can get back out there..

Been a good restful weekend with all the rain got alot of housework done but back to MD Anderson in the morning.

Coffee is good this morning stay safe everyone.
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:05 AM   #2728

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Good morning everyone!! Coffee very good today!
MK, keep up the positive attitude, and you will do OK!! And be carefull on the wet roads! Prayers still coming!!
Hope everyone in Texas stays dry, looks like you will be getting a lot of rain!
Anyone heard from Curtis lately?
Jay, the house will sell, no worries!
Frank, it is good to be home!
Gordon, the store I bought the ice cream at is, cross the border, past the first block, (purple store), to the second blk., turn right, go past the first blk., look on the left side, the little grocery store on left. Go in and go to the back right corner, that is where the ice cream is! Also, on the corner, just before the grocery, is a ice cream store, and they have some frozen fruit bars that are very, very good also! Across the street from the grocery, is a chicken restaurant, they barbeque it out front, the food there is also very good! They have a beef soup, for breakfast, that is so good! Seems that soup is what a lot of the locals eat for breakfast, and it come's with the garnish tray, and tortillas, corn or flour, and will make many taco's!
There is a American expat, Jim, that wheel's around town in a motorized wheel chair, can be found outside the purple store, in the mornings, or in front of the Green Door Bar a little later on, that has lived there for many years! He is a good friend of mine, and can let you know anything you want to know about Algodones! I got to know a lot of people there, most, very good honest, hard working people! The owners of the Green Door Bar are also good friends of mine, and I had many games of 8 ball with one of the owner's, George! There are five brother's, four now, that run it, with their son's! Mention my name (Stan or Estan as they called me) the guy that moved to Thailand, and they will take very good care of you!
Well, everyone have a great day! Rail!
PS, good thing I copy'd this post as it went poof, the min. I clicked submit!
Stan/Estan/Rail:
Thanks for the information on the ice cream. We will be going down and I will use the directions to check it out. Always interested in ice cream. Heard many stories about the Green Door. Will have to check that out as well.

Boy this is a really small world. I just wonder if it is possible that we passed in the street? Hopefully will be able to meet at Jays in July. We are seriously thinking of going and are making plans.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:09 AM   #2729
bap

MK,,,,----as always great to hear from ya..---you will be out RVing next summer feeling like a million bucks im sure of it !!!!

i saw a CURTIS post earlier,----just to let everyone know he is fine !!
Old 10-25-2015, 11:48 AM   #2730

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello all. Coffee/cocoa good this morning. Checked with brother just east of Houston and he got 5 inches.. Sister (one hour west of Waco, also where my MH parks) got over 8 inches. We are approaching 7 inches. But no floodigg and we sure needed the rain. The Formula 1 race is in a couple of hours about an hour SE of me and looks like they will be running in a light rain. MK Mike, sounds like you are keeping on at MD Anderson. And staying home in between is always good. I live just north of Austin and would be glad to help in any way I can. Y'all stay safe and keep the powder dry.

And Lynne, for power to cig lighter sockets, I started a new power block under dash powered directly from house batteries and put in 4 new sockets, two of them on switches. That way I have power to them at any time I want and will not run down motor start batteries.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote