Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
i was sitting here waking up drinking my first cup of coffee and just realized i always come here to wake up...lol

so goodmorning everyone...lol
Ditto
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2014, 06:14 AM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thanks bap,
Talked to the service writer yesterday and they had to order a control module to be in today, hopefully that was the problem. Hopefully I can pick it up today. If so, I will leave in the morning and will be in Sunday afternoon. Have fun on the shores, I am heading down 65 to 231, so I won't be too far away from where you will be.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:29 AM   #17
bap

goodmoring everyone,,,, hope ur part comes in today FRANK,..
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:11 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
bap,
Part came in today, but they didn't get it put back together, so staying the weekend, and hopefully they will get it done Monday. I just hope that the $1200 part is the problem. If it isn't we are going to have a BIGGGG fight, I'm not paying for them to guess at what's wrong, they said that they don't take back electrical parts. It is the Fuel Injection Control Module. They already pulled the left side valve covers off to check the injector coils, 4 to 6 hours labor.
Frank
Old 10-11-2014, 05:03 AM   #19
bap

man i hope so,,,how long u been at the shop,=we had people have to camp at the dearlership a night or 2 but not long,,,andm we were a car an truck dealership..

where are u located ?..

and i hope this will be a greatmorning for u..
Old 10-11-2014, 07:20 AM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
bap,
It has been in since the 1st , I'm in Smyrna, Tennessee just south of Nashville. The diesel tech works on the commercial side and was already booked, they worked me in. I rented a car and just turned it back in and got a loaner. It is a big dealership that does commercial small trucks and vans besides the cars.
The weather has been so-so, a lot of rain, but not real cold, s0 I guess you could say it is OK. I spent 2 days in a Kroger plaza parking lot when I first broke down, was 19 miles from the campground. I found a guy that hauls RV's for a local RV dealership to haul the 5er to the campground, and limped the truck to the dealers( it was running on 4 cylinders) So no tow bill, I guess you could say that it could have been worse, just getting frustrated with the wait.
Thanks for listening,
Frank
Old 10-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, sorry to hear your still in the shop, your driving the 03 chevy?, I don't want to make you nervous, but a friend of mine had the same yr duramax and ended up trading it because he couldn't get it straightened out to run like it should, of course you can't say that its the same, its just I think that alot of techs nowadays do alot of guessing at cust expense.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Harley1994,
Yes it is an 03 Chevy. The truck runs good, did have to put injectors in it but that is expected on the first generation, I just repaired brake lines that were rusted through, on this trip also. You have to figure a few thousand dollars every couple years is a lot cheaper than $70,000+ for a new truck. There are only 4 things that it can be, loose wire on the injector coil, broken wire in the injector wiring harness, bad injector coil, or bad FICM. Left bank injectors were ok(checked those first because they were changed in May), they checked good, right bank has been in for 2years, so good bet that they are ok. The problem is to check the injector coils is 8 hours labor to pull the 2 valve covers. I couldn't do it in the campsite, too much rain, so I was kinda stuck taking it to the dealers.
By the way, nice job on the door and frame on your toyhauler build.
Frank
Old 10-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #23
bap

looks like they could just plug it into ur ecm and they could read thye codes and fix the issue,,,,,i worked in the swervice department and we were just a smaller redneck dealership,ford, dodge chrysler and jeep....but it seemed evbertime the big dogs in detroit couldnt figure something out they would send it to use to solve there problem,,and we did most everytime...with out zipties and duct tape..lol..

sounds to me like they want to sell u a new rig,..i have seen it before,,,another one of the reasons i left...dishonestlty...i pray foor u that ur not in one of those places,,,
keep us posted....best of luck...
Old 10-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, arn't those brake lines fun, we've done dozens at the shop I used to own. They put that ABS Mod in a great spot.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:56 AM   #25

Freightliner Owners Club
Harley1994,
Yes on the fun, I will get the stainless prebent lines for it, probably next year. You can tell that the bean counters are running the company, not the engineers that are supposed to be. The biggest problem is that GM refuses to coat anything underneath the vehicle, they don't want to pay anything extra.
Hopefully, I can get my truck back today. I am supposed to be in Florida Wednesday.
Frank
Old 10-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #26
bap

Best of luck frank,,,,
Old 10-13-2014, 11:29 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
X2 Best of luck.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #28

Thor Owners Club
just having my second cup of java...Its thanksgiving in Canada, so its a day off.....Wish you all, especially Frank, a better day.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote