Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2015, 12:34 PM   #3193

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Gooooooooooood Morning!!!!!!!!!!

Been a while since I've been here. Been really busy the last 2 weeks making and selling candy to raise $$ for Liberty Farms. My home looks like Willie Wonks moved in. DW has been both helpful and frustrated. My little project has totally taken over her space, that being the inside of the S&B.

Lots more to get ready to ship in time for Christmas. I love making candy but I have to admit the scale of this has turned it more into w**k than the fun it normally is. But worth it because of the cause.

My local supplier of course keeps running out needed supplies.

Well gotta run. Have to order some things and get them here by Friday.

Blessing on you all. I'll try not to be such a stranger.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2015, 01:13 PM   #3194

I've been meaning to start a notebook with everybody's real names , home base and current locations. Guess I should get started.......
I DID know where Gordon and Curtis lived ,just brain fogged while I was typing.........I'll blame it on the 60s , yeah that must be it!
I'm going with that.....
Anyway , Gordon you can still come over to play in the snow if you don't have enough there , we'll catch up with you soon I'm sure.

So good to see new faces showing up here , I'm going to go one step further than calling us family......tribe might be better , at least talking about my family...they ain't no help......

Everybody is getting or being confirmed healthy too , the power of positive thought
Old 12-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #3195

Howdy all!!

Popeye, if you write it down, they will all move! You know the sense of humor around here! Dang RV'ers!

Welcome new joiners! Yes, do jump in. We all are going in different directions,,, but headed to get together if that makes sense.

I got around this evening to getting a picture of the RV port all wired up. It really came out well if I have to say so myself. Will be handy when prepping for trips or unpacking after dark.

Sure wish the coach wasn't just sitting there, but we are not traveling again till March Perry Rally.

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151216_181305_resized.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	114313  
Old 12-16-2015, 06:44 PM   #3196

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lloyd, nice carport like the lights, I could use something like that, just add sides and a front/back, heat concrete floor would be nice too.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:05 PM   #3197

Hey Terry!

I don't think it would stand up to your snow load. We don't get much here.The car sized units are everywhere. 18x20', $795 installed. Hard to build something at that price point. Mine is about 6 years old, 18x48 was like $3,200.00.

I couldn't not do it. Keeps the rv dry and in the shade. The sun here destroys all it shines on.

L.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:42 PM   #3198

An average winter snowfall is only about 12-14 feet here , probably a little (lot ?) more over in "Terry Territory" with that lake effect weirdness.
18x48.....jeeeze that's what the snow pile at the end of everybody's driveway looks like by Februrary.......

The heated concrete pad WOULD be real nice and maybe add heated concrete walls and roof too??? Yeah , that'd do it !
I'm ready to move in right now! Do those guys deliver this far?
Old 12-16-2015, 08:10 PM   #3199

Yes, we used to snowmobile up on the Tug Hill Flats, average annual 240". One year I recall they got 320", and they just kept going. A winter wonderland.

The problem is they build them cheap. Trusses are 4' or so on center. And to add to that, the rib in the skin is horizontal. So when it rains a little, the rain all goes to the low end as it follows the ribs. If it downpours it over runs the ribs and comes down the sides....

But with snow, it just piles on there. The ribs, and the very little pitch make for a problem.

But here in the south,,,,, we are good to go...... I hope!

L.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:14 PM   #3200

Winnebago Owners Club
I'll bring my skis. Sounds like you guys have good snow. Any big hills?
Old 12-17-2015, 01:07 AM   #3201

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning/afternoon everyone!! Coffee was good today, even in the airline lounge! We are back home safe and sound! You haven't lived till you take a Bangkok taxi ride to the airport early in the morning! It was fun though!
Welcome to the new one's, it will be fun to get to know you all better!
Geocritter, Sierra Vista, huh? I have a very good friend that lives there, and last spring, we were there for 4 days visiting and plugged into his RV spot! Great place, and if I ever move back to the states, it would be high on my list of places to stay for sure! I love the high desert!
Scrawley, Big Al,, made me smile, it is the name of a very nice gentelmans club in Peoria, Il. that I went to in my younger days when I was single! Sedona? I used to go up there in the early 70's to the hot springs, from Phoenix before it was popular! Wish I would have bought land up there back then, when it was cheap!
MK, great news!!! So glad for you!
Bap, great news for Debbie too!! It goes to show you that prayers do work!
Tim, drive safe on your way out to Quartzsite, Az.!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 12-17-2015, 07:53 AM   #3202

My coffee fueled ADD

Hi again all y’all,

I’ve been sitting here reading about all the interior renovations people have done. Since my RV at purchase was a monument to abuse, neglect and deferred maintenance nearly my entire RV budget has gone to making it a reliable traveling machine. About all I have left is to replace the 21 year old inadequate-even-when-new Ford fuel pump (yes it’s a sore point). Then I’ll be tackling the interior, fortunately I have a high tolerance for visual ugliness, at least regarding my RV’s interior.

Here’s an old photo of my interior, taken when I bought my RV.

Whatinhell were they thinking with that blue/green carpeting and trim! Still, it works and, like a wart, it’s grown on me, at least I no longer focus on it all the time. Nonetheless,I can’t wait to say buh-bye to that ugly blue/green carpeting and trim. By the way that $5,950 price ain’t even close to what I ended up paying for this relic! Though I’m a professional geologist, in an earlier life I spent 3 years in car sales. It was a life-skills experience that’s served me well ever since.

For the time being as long as it works and meets my needs I’m okay with it. Still, it’s nice too dream, I also want to set up a hi-capacity solar system so I can boondock at my leisure while enjoying all the comforts of home. Oh wait, it is my home!

I don’t know about y’all here but I don’t really consider living in my RV as “camping”. For me camping is when I throw on a backpack hike off into the wilderness and sleep in a tent, or sleep in the back of my Dodge Caravan in the National Forest somewhere. I realize there are folks that would consider car-camping as non-camping but I just call it convenient. Why bother to set a tent up when you have that spacious Caravan to sleep in?

Anyhow, enough with my coffee fueled ADD morning ramblings. I hope all y’all are having a goooodmorning!!!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #3203

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all, and welcome to the forum to Steve and Steve. The coffee tastes great today, since it is a little cooler. We are one hour west of St. Louis, Missouri. I am in agreement that someone needs to do a spreadsheet to keep track of everyone.
MikeB

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-17-2015, 08:09 AM   #3204

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, had to take the tuner off my truck as it was messing up the fuel pressure, went for a 15 mile ride around and it didn't mess up so fingers are crossed that was the problem. Going to get chilly here for a couple days, lows in the low to mod 40's and highs in the mid 60's then back to the upper 70's and low 80's for next week. I agree that it is hard to keep track of were everyone is.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:11 AM   #3205

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lloyd, I used to sell those carports, American Steel was the Co. they engineer them different for other parts of the country, sold ALOT of them, none that I know of have ever collapsed from the snow. Have thought about having one put up as a garage, they build them any way that you want them, even huge warehouses. Gordon, there is some of the best skiing in the east within a few hrs. of me, so they tell me I've never skied. Rail, that cab ride might compare to one in Boston at midnight, I'll have to tell you about that one sometime, phew. Steve, nice pics. that's not old its retro (what's old is now new again!!) Flaggy, its a challenge for sure keeping up. Frank, I've heard some of the tuners going bad. Everyone have a Great Day
Old 12-17-2015, 08:22 AM   #3206

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Coffee Gang from MI,

Steve Geo. Just like buying an older house, sometimes the carpet just has to go. Doesn't mean it needs to go immediately, just that it is a future rip out and replace. I also wonder at the old colors and what they were thinking. Everything else looks good though. If it works for you that is all that matters.

I have teal blue carpet in my MH and I don't know why they put it in because the material on the couch and bench is greys, creams, and browns. Just a small touch of teal. I will eventually replace it. Mine also didn't have a lot of love but we are fixing what we need to as we need to and it works so no big hurry.

Mike, so glad things are good for you now. Prayers are so important as is a positive attitude. You have done so well through all this and I would like to think we supported you along the way.

Tribe works Popeye as does family. We all seem to get along well and keep coming back. I look forward to talking with you guys every couple of days. Still w--king I get a bit busy at times but I come back here to connect with friends. When everyone (who can) meets up at Liberty Farms in July those of us who can't make it will be thinking about all of ya. Having met two couples on here I can tell you that when we meet face to face, it is like you have always known each other.

Coffee was great this morning except I tried "pumpkin" flavored creamer and that will be going down the drain. Not impressed. Going to make cookies today so need to head out. Wishing all of you a great week and will talk with ya tomorrow or the weekend. Take care and love and peace to all.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote