Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2015, 04:33 PM   #3277

Mom likes to stuff sweet onions inside the bird before putting it in the bag.
Then we use the drippings from the bag after removing the bird to make the dressing/stuffing.....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2015, 04:40 PM   #3278

Winnebago Owners Club
You guys are making me hungry.

Do you save the bones to make turkey soup?
Old 12-22-2015, 04:57 PM   #3279

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Okay, Gordon, Eleanor, says not to stuff the bird if you was to brine it, She also makes the stuffing/dressing after the bird is out she doesn't stuff the bird but puts garlic and onions in.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:01 PM   #3280

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the information Eleanor. Will discuss options with Janet and see what she wants to do. So far the discussion has been to prepare the standard way and test the brine on a smaller bird when we are alone.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #3281

Hey Gordon make a seasoned butter by putting about a pound of butt r in a bowl and then add sage a little salt and some pepper....or you could even add cayenne for a Cajun style....mix the butter and seasonings by hand....DO NOT MELT THE BUTTER.... it is kina messy but worth it....then after it is mixed smear th he butter Mix between the skin and meat and then a little on the outside of the skin....put in a baking bag and bake like usual.....yummy....

I like the Cajun style too....
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 05:44 PM   #3282

Gulf Streamers Club
I am not getting hungry. I am not getting hungry. I am not getting hungry.

Oh, the hell with it. I am going to the kitchen to ....................snack.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:45 PM   #3283

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Old 12-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #3284

Winnebago Owners Club
Brining a turkey is the only way to go. We brined our Turkey for thanksgiving for about 30hrs and then smoked it on our pellet smoker. It was the best turkey that we have had before. I stuffed the cavity with celery, apples, and onions. I did rub the turkey with a butter and herb mixture and went under the skin when I could. Geez I'm getting hungry now.....

For those that smoke either with UDS or pellet smoker I have found this website has some of the best recipes.

Home | BBQ recipes and Barbecue videos with Pitmaster Malcom Reed

Have fun.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #3285

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to the Goooodmorning Recipe Exchange and Hunger Management thread. Brought to you by the letters "F" "O" "O" "D". What's that spell?

Well the decision has been made. We are going to brine the turkey and make slow cooker dressing. We are going to be using a Cranberry Herb brine that gives the turkey a light fruity taste with a light herb aftertaste.

Cranberry Turkey Brine
What better to brine a turkey in than cranberry? This turkey brine recipe is perfect for a traditional turkey dinner.
Prep Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
Ingredients:
• 2 quarts cranberry juice
• 1 quart water
• 1 cup salt (1 1/2 cups Kosher or coarse salt)
• 1/2 cup apple juice
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 12 cloves garlic, unpeeled and lightly smashed
• 4 springs fresh thyme
• 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
• 6-8 bay leaves
Preparation:
Combine ingredients and place in a large pot. Add turkey to pot, making sure that brine covers turkey. If not, add more water to mixture. Brine for 1 hour per pound.
Thoroughly rinse all the brine from the turkey before cooking. Otherwise there will be a salty flavor to the turkey.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #3286

Winnebago Owners Club
This may have been covered here before but wasn't sure so thought I would ask. Has anyone been following the YouTuber falcon3750 regarding rebuilding a Class A DP after a fire to the unit? I want to say that he use to be on here but left for some reason.

Anyway I was telling my wife you imagine if Terry and this guy put their skills together what these two could build. She said I don't think Terry needs any help he knows his stuff...lol
Old 12-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #3287

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gee, what will this thread bring next, maybe a portable smoker that can be carried in the RV.
I just made chile cheese home fries on the grill, cut up the potatoes pour some canola oil(or bacon grease) in the bottom of the pan, slice up the potatoes, add some chopped onions, and garlic, plus salt & pepper. Put on grill and cook till about 3/4 done, then top with chili pinto beans, when the beans heat up add shredded cheese on top till melted. Tastes just like chili cheese fries.Usually takes about 45 minutes, give or take depending on the amount of heat your grill puts out.
Hve a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:16 PM   #3288

Winnebago Owners Club
Octanefam - Yes, I follow Falcon. His thread was RV Fire and the RV that just needed some love. Or something close to it. He had some issues on the forum. Was not a lot of information on the problems and he posted for a while. I just checked and the thread is still there but some of the photos are missing from early in the thread.

I really like his posts. He has posted lots of really informative videos. It would be neat to see what the two Terry's could do if they were put together in a good shop. It would be worth the cost of admission.

Frank - good thing I just finished dinner or I would be jumping into action to get down for a plate of dinner at your house.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:31 PM   #3289

Winnebago Owners Club
My thoughts exactly Gordon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Octanefam - Yes, I follow F
alcon. His thread was RV Fire and the RV that just needed some love. Or something close to it. He had some issues on the forum. Was not a lot of information on the problems and he posted for a while. I just checked and the thread is still there but some of the photos are missing from early in the thread.

I really like his posts. He has posted lots of really informative videos. It would be neat to see what the two Terry's could do if they were put together in a good shop. It would be worth the cost of admission.

Frank - good thing I just finished dinner or I would be jumping into action to get down for a plate of dinner at your house.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:28 PM   #3290

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was very good today!
Wow, I just ate, but am hungry again!
Yes, I followed his thread too! Very big undertaking, for sure! I think his wife's health problem's got priority on his build! Hope he finish's when he has time and funding!
Lloyd, no worries about the MH, and I am not sure why people do not respond to the emails, other than maybe their email setting's send the response's to their junk or spam folder's, and they do not check them, just delete! I have had a couple tell me that my response was in their spam folder? Only thing I can think of?
OK, where did I put those cookies?
Everyone have a great day!! Rail!