Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2016, 08:34 AM   #3501

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi All;
Lloyd - I can empathize with you. Had mine done last year. After the prep the rest is pretty easy. I had two oriental doctors. When the anesthesiologist came to talk to me I asked him if this is where one Dr looked in the top and one in the bottom and I was OK if they could see each other. He laughed and said he was the guy at the top.

Tim - try hanging a rubber snake on the aerial. It seems to be working here. Only two bird poops on the entire roof.

Sad day here. Next door neighbor is moving out after being there for 15 years. Something the manager did made her mad. I think the manager is having some issues. She is a very quiet lady so whatever he did?????
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2016, 08:43 AM   #3502

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good morning from the deep freeze. -15 at the airport this AM! Here at the house right now -10.

About a month and we will get on the road for a while. Go someplace warm.
Seahawks and Vikings will play today in an open stadium. Brrrrrr!

Actually I think that's how football should be played. In the mud and the blood and the crud. Only the mud will be frozen.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:24 AM   #3503

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
Good morning from the deep freeze. -15 at the airport this AM! Here at the house right now -10.

About a month and we will get on the road for a while. Go someplace warm.
Seahawks and Vikings will play today in an open stadium. Brrrrrr!

Actually I think that's how football should be played. In the mud and the blood and the crud. Only the mud will be frozen.
AHUM,
59-60 right now partly cloudy.
Sorry, Copperhawk
A fellow Minnesotan,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #3504

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
AHUM,
59-60 right now partly cloudy.
Sorry, Copperhawk
A fellow Minnesotan,
Tim
Why,why, why you should be ashamed Spritz!!!! A Minnesotan avoiding cold weather. Unthinkable!

Next month I'm outa here.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:59 AM   #3505

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome aboard Cooperhawk, I do not envy those of you up north one bit. We complain down here when the highs are in the 60's and we have to wear pants ad shoes & socks.
Cold front came through this afternoon and the temps are slowly falling, going to go down to the low 40's upper 30's tomorrow night then slowly work its way up to the mid 70's by saturday. Still better than up north.
Have a great day all.,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:10 PM   #3506

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Left w--k yesterday to 41 and this AM it was 24 with wind chill of 17. Started raining about 8pm and by this AM had turned to ice and snow. Was not a fun drive into w--k. But I got there and got back home again safe and sound, just took my time.

Welcome CooperHawk to a great group of people. We talk about everything and just plain support each other.

Went out and checked batteries on MH yesterday and they were good but ran the generator for a bit. Trying to patiently wait but sure want to get to it and use it again this spring. Looking into campgrounds for some long weekends and a 9 day trip.

Hope you all are staying warm wherever you are. Keep it safe and give someone a hug! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #3507

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperhawk View Post
Why,why, why you should be ashamed Spritz!!!! A Minnesotan avoiding cold weather. Unthinkable!

Next month I'm outa here.
I'll let ya know if its warm here by then. 50-70 is nice but 75-85 better
I'm thinking Florida next winter. Not too friendly around the resort. Say Hi to everybody and count on one hand any responses. I mean I don't have a hump on my back or anything.

Gordon I mounted the flags about 4-5 feet from the TV antenna and they haven't landed there sense.
Tim
Got too go Dowton Abby is on
Old 01-10-2016, 10:18 PM   #3508

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I completely understand. The lovely Mrs. Cooperhawk is a devout fan of Dowton Abbey as well.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:00 AM   #3509

Morning all!

29 degrees here. Looking pretty hungry out!

Tim, Gordon, is that normal winter weather for that area? Thought temps were higher in that area. Looking forward to maybe doing Quartzite in a future winter.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:41 AM   #3510

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I love my morning coffee!

I had a great time quail hunting with my friend yesterday! I can’t get over how beautiful the land is around the Huachuca Mountains. On the flip side, this is no country for old men, and I guess at 68 I qualify. Fortunately, God equipped me with a very durable body so, accept for some achy knees and feet, I do okay, nothing that a couple of Aleve can’t counteract.

We found four quail coveys. However, thanks to my current poor shooting, I only harvested one accident-prone quail. On an earlier covey I missed a simple shot that 6-7 years ago, when I was hunting/shooting more, I would’ve made with ease. My 12 gauge SXS muzzle loader performed flawlessly.

Today will be a day of rest. I’m happy to say that after a good night’s sleep I feel great with no more achy knee joints or feet. At noon I’m going to the movies to see Revenant. I’ve been viewing trailers for it for months and I’m very interested in that period of American history so I expect it’ll be an engaging movie.

It’s been a little cold here lately but it is January after all. I remember as little kid living in southern Florida we had an unseasonable cold snap one year with it dropping into the low 30’s in Ft. Lauderdale. My Dad had just started a fruit shipping business and it cost him big time! With no furnace in the house and not being acclimated to those temperatures the low 30’s was cold! I hate to disappoint you Tim but it can occasionally get cold in Florida too.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:46 AM   #3511

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
MSP Airport -15 again this AM!

A balmy -7 here at the homestead. Going out to have breakfast with a bunch of retirees in a little while. Looks like a cold week coming. Ready to get the heck out of here.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:21 AM   #3512

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Morning all!

29 degrees here. Looking pretty hungry out!

Tim, Gordon, is that normal winter weather for that area? Thought temps were higher in that area. Looking forward to maybe doing Quartzite in a future winter.

Have a great day all!

L.
There have always been some cool days but from my recollection they did not last as long. It also seems that the overnight temps are a bit higher than normal.

Right now it is 50 with a predicted high of 63. Supposed to be in the 65 temp range for the next week, not sure beyond that.

Normals would be in the 70+ during the day. Lows in the mid to low 40.

Memory being what it is???
Old 01-11-2016, 07:45 AM   #3513

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Finishing up the coffee pot, Really not better the next day...

Copperhawk,
Currently 37 no sun,(lol) yet
going up too 60 and Sunny,
I think the resort is full, I lost count how many came in yesterday but there are a few new-newer Foretravels by us. Boy very nice, at least from the outside. and the tires are just huge they got-abe 50ties or 60des

Lloyd, I looked before we came on the forecasters and they had this area colder than normal I already have paid for reservations or we would have gone else ware. We'll enjoy what we have.

Geocritter I wished you hunted Doves I got a family (at least 8 of them) right behind the MH. I installed my new Flags about 4-5 feet away from the New Tv antenna and the Males that land on it get scared when the flags move. LOL what a hoot.

Hey Gordon I'll look for a snake but I wonder if they would try landing with this up there??? Owell it won't show but it was a eagle on top of a flag pole. Well got to get going Have to drive up the Lake Havasu City for some meds.

Frank, I've heard it can get cold down there is what you were talking about when they had 55 gal drums with fires in them it had got so cold and Ice on the Oranges. Not good.

Y'all have a good day and those on the road be safe.

Tim
Old 01-11-2016, 08:06 AM   #3514

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning everyone.

I dont post often but I need to start to post more often but with me it's pretty much the samething go to work take care of the family in the evenings and then it repeats the next day...lol We still have 20+ yrs until we can enjoy the retire life

Well yesterday was a GREAT day in the PNW with the amazing Seahawk win! I was sitting with my wife and I said wide left and sure enough we all know what happen. I have never paced so much in the house while watching a game but yesterdays game was something else. I guess they are calling the "Tundra Bowl". Now onto Carolina which I know will be tough but I think we can do it.

Hope it's ok but I have a question for all you pros.

For those that know me I have a 28' Itasca that I currently store in my warehouse where I work at. I wish I could park in the warehouse and not have to move it out everyday but I'm not that lucky. So everyday we move it outside and bring it in before I leave. I have a feeling I'm doing more damage to the RV storing at my warehosue with moving it in and out everyday. My co worker moves it out in the morning when he gets here and I bring it in before I leave. I know he pretty much starts it and moves it out and doesn't really let it warm up very much. I normally will let run outside for 5 or so mintes before moving it in. I have a spot that I can store it outside for a decent price under $50 per month but it's exposed to the elements of the NW weather. So the question is do I keep it at the warehouse or do I move to a new spot which would be outdoors.

Hope everyone has a great day for those that are retired enjoy it and for those that still have to work make the best you can