Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2016, 06:14 PM   #4033

Good evening all!

Wow, our weather has been great for the last few days. 72 right now at 8pm!

I think we are all done with the freezing temps here,,,, un winterizing the coach this weekend. It is pretty much ready for our trip next week except it needs a bath, and packing. Oh, and I have not recharged the a/c after this winters work. It was suggested I wait to warmer temps to get a full charge, well tomorrow it will be 80* here, that is as good as it will get.

I have tomorrow off, going to get through some of my to do list.

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2016, 06:47 PM   #4034

Hey just ran across this on facebook rv page here in huntsville....looked intresting. ..could be a good start for someone.

Not going to be able to check it out for 2 to 3 weeks, last round of chemo coming up, but not too bad of a price for entry level. I don't know a whole lot about a MH drive train but can check out the basics.

Mk out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1457660658246.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	121133  
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:25 PM   #4035

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening All,

Frank, Last time I PM'd with Bap he was going to go to the doctors because of neck. I told him something was not right so hopefully he went. I think right now we need to pray for him because we know God will take good care of him.

Charles, We have twice had the opportunity to meet people from the thread (including Frank and Rita) and it's funny but with talking here you meet and it is like you always knew each other. Have a blast! They can give you some good info for your future.

MK, Prayers coming your way. Will be nice when you are all done with treatments and we can meet up. I think when we are all retired we need to plan a place to meet and visit.

It was 50 today so still good here especially for MI and March. Take care all, talk with you Sat.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:27 AM   #4036

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was ok today!
Went in for my last re-hab and then saw the Dr. He wanted me to see another Dr. and did so, and she added two more sessions next week! She told me I was almost there! She had me do a grip strength test, and said I scored the highest she had ever seen!
Bap, prayers coming your way, hope your neck is better!
Charles and Bev, have a good time with Frank and Rita!
MK, hope this last round of chemo goes very smoothly for you! Prayers are still coming!!
Lloyd, enjoy that great weather! 50 days are going to fly by!
Terry, 60* is still pretty good for March!
Tim, where are you???
Gordon, hope you made it back to Yuma! Wait a min., Tim and Gordon are in the same CG now, that's where they are, out and about!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 03-11-2016, 04:24 AM   #4037

Good Morning all!

60* here, headed to 80*. No w--k today.

One of the things I have to do when I retire is train my best buddy Diesel (my cat) that I have become a gentlemen of leisure. And Gentlemen of leisure don't get up at 5am and feed their cats as they don't have to go to w--k! Diesel and I have been buddies for 7 years now,,,,, and he has done the training so this initiative will be a reversal of roles!

Rail, sorry you have more sessions, but if it gets that finger back to 100% its a great thing. Odd's are you will need it driving your new coach on I 95 up from Florida! LOL It seems around here the drivers get more insane at an alarming rate.

I have to pay closer attention, I knew Gordon and Tim were in Yuma, but didn't realize the same RV park.

MK, hang in there, and get well soon. Nice looking coach. Cool that it has all the records and documentation. Ours did not, a lesson I now know better about.

Everyone have a great day!

L.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:48 AM   #4038

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Lloyd, after you retire the hardest part is retraining yourself not to get up at 5am . At least for me, I still don't have it, of course it doesn't help that Eleanor gets up then. Rail, the strength in your hands comes from all those years of holding on to a steering wheel. MK, hopefully this is the last round of chemo and goes smoothly, Hope that Bap is getting relief from his neck pain. Temps are going to 50* today then 60* tomorrow so gotta get with it, Have a Great Day All.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #4039

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

My morning coffee’s great as usual. I’ve been lazy the last few days and it’s beginning to bother me. I currently have a number of RV projects waiting on completion funds. Nothing expensive, but with my geological consulting business in the crapper because of low oil prices I have to think twice about even inexpensive projects. I’m glad I did most of the major things (like installing a new engine) last year. The only expensive project I have left is replacing the fuel pump and that’s under $400 so it’s not all that bad. Maybe to pay for it I should go after that prestigious Walmart greeter position.

I’ve spent the last two days making summer plans. First I’m extending my stay in Sierra Vista through May so that during the middle of May I can explore both rims of the Grand Canyon (the North Rim isn’t open until May 15th). I plan to spend June in Ruidoso NM exploring the area and also driving over to visit the Silent Wings Museum in Lubbock TX http://www.silentwingsmuseum.org/ where there’s a WWII Waco glider on display (during the war my Dad was a glider trooper in the 101st Airborne). After Ruidoso I’m not certain yet where I’ll be going. Either straight north to Montana or northeast to Illinois/Wisconsin, decisions decisions!

I’m glad all y’all are taking care of your health issues and spring is starting to make its appearance in the Great White North. Y’all take care!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:21 AM   #4040

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning weather still in upper 60's at night and mid to upper 80's during the day with a nice breeze and partly cloudy skys.
Our prayers are still with Bap and also MK for a complete and speedy recovery. Also prayers for Sally, Bobbie said that she wasn't feeling well and they were going to the Docs, haven't heard from him since.
Lots of repairs in the park, new awning fabric on one rig, new hydraulic hose to the landing gear on another. People are starting to head back north, slowly right now but they will be picking up speed as we head to the 1st of April.
Have a good day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #4041

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Returned from skiing yesterday. 11 hour drive but very pleasant.

Arrived to find Tim and Joe camping across the road from us. Neat!

Hope everyone is getting better or at least feeling better.

Have a great day.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:12 PM   #4042

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post
Hey just ran across this on facebook rv page here in huntsville....looked intresting. ..could be a good start for someone.

Not going to be able to check it out for 2 to 3 weeks, last round of chemo coming up, but not too bad of a price for entry level. I don't know a whole lot about a MH drive train but can check out the basics.

Mk out.
Looks a lot like mine but in a lot better shape. The issues I have with mine aside I do really like the floor plan and it's comfortable for me. I would say it's worth taking a look at if it's in as good of shape as he says it is. You can tell it was built pretty good back when it came out of the factory (at least that's my impression so far from mine)
Old 03-12-2016, 05:16 AM   #4043

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
@ Steve. Feeling your pain about the oil business being in the crapper. It has put a hold on the garage plans for the MH. Now considering a carport instead. OH yah! Morning everyone.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:40 AM   #4044

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

The sun’s breaking the horizon and my morning coffee’s as delicious as ever. What a nice way to start the day! I’m feeling better today than I have in a while, in fact I feel so good I may begin making concrete summer plans. Right now it’s a choice between Montana and northern Wisconsin/Minnesota. Since my RV’s still not entirely self-sufficient to a degree I like, what I probably need to do is research campground costs in the two areas and let economics make the choice.

Tim, I’m glad you’ve found happiness in Yuma. I could tell that Quartzsite wasn’t working for you. As for me, I’ll probably continue to winter in Sierra Vista, since I’m more a sunbird than a snowbird Sierra Vista works fine for me. But who knows, I’m planning to spend June in Ruidoso NM, maybe I’ll really love the place and it’ll be my new winter home. Fickle me!

Sorry to hear that the low oil prices are cramping other folks plans. Who would think that with my RV’s 6-7mpg low oil prices would ever be a problem for me.

Au revoir, from the land of sunny days, starry starry nights, and ZZ Top wannabe’s.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:16 AM   #4045

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Coffee was wonderful this am but there was frost on the ground. Spring is coming, Spring is coming, Spring is coming! I just keep telling myself that. 35 right now and going to 57. Sun is out. Should be nice this week.

We have a Cardinal that keeps landing on the window ledge and tapping on the window. It keeps looking inside and when we get near the window it flys off. Don't have any idea why. Just started doing this 2 days ago.

E-mailed Curtis. He is busy and dealing with some things right now so he isn't going to be on for a while. He said to say "Hi" and to tell you guys not to worry he will be back when he gets done with what is going on. Prayers out to you Curtis for whatever, God does know.

Hope all the others are feeling better. Going to lunch with a friend today whom I have not seen in a while. LifeMember, maybe you can build a carport that can be turned into a MH garage later by adding walls then. Just an idea.

Keep safe all and happy. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #4046

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, gang.
Went to McDonald's for breakfast. Weather has been moderating here in central Missouri, but we are getting more than our share of rain.
Have been camp hosting, but the park's WiFi is not working. The state IT people came out three days this week, and cannot get it going. I will not make any further comments on that topic. It amazes us as there has been some activity each night this week. Two groups of European folks showed up over three days with brand new motor homes. Each group told us they flew into O'Hare Airport (Chicago) and picked up the motor home in Middlebury, IN. One group destination is Los Angeles, another Las Vegas. They return the motor homes out there. Interesting RV delivery scenario, but the units cannot be sold new. Rentals, perhaps?
Lynne, we had a cardinal which would look in the back door and "yell" at us for food! I hope BAP gets relief for his neck. That must be terrible. Rail, glad you found the dream MH rig. Retirement sounds promising in 50 days. DW has another 18 months to go.
Hope everyone is on the mend.
Mike

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum