Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #4103

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

My morning coffee’s wonderful as usual and looking outside I can see that it’s yet another beautiful sunny Arizona day. Life is good!

I went on a 6 hour 10 mile solo hike yesterday. I hiked Carr Canyon Road to its terminus at the Ramsey Vista Campground. In total it’s 5 miles in, 5 miles back and a 2,000’ elevation gain (and loss). I mentioned loss because man, hiking for miles continuously downhill really wears on your leg muscles and knee joints. Anyhow, it’s nice to be able to still do it, but it’d be even nicer to do it without the accompanying fatigue and aching joints and muscles. To be 25 years old again! At 7,400’ the lightly forested Ramsey Vista Campground was beautiful. I’m thinking of driving up in my Caravan next week and tent camping for a few days. I can hardly wait to see the beautiful night sky free of Sierra Vista’s light pollution. And no, I have no plans to hike up with my camping gear, I’m not that masochistical!

I’m going to begin maintenance on my RV today. I have to re-rivet the lower aluminum side panels using pop-rivets. I’ve done it before and it’s not a big deal. However, this time I’m using larger rivets and washers since obviously the smaller rivets I used before weren’t up to the task.

Tim, it’s interesting how different we all are. For you 90 degree temps are cause to celebrate, for me it’d be time to turn the key for somewhere cooler! One of the things my daughter loved about Austin TX was the summer heat, I couldn’t stand it!

It’s nice that folks on this forum help and look out for one another!

Rail I bet you can’t wait to see your new “Mona”. I'm excited for you!

So, all y’all that’s it for today. Thankfully, I have Aleve on hand to help facilitate today’s activities.

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2016, 10:43 AM   #4104

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee was good this morning, weather not so much, rain started around 11:00 so got done early today.
The weather was warm and the sun was out yesterday so the gators were very sluggish and they were just sunning themselves. They are used to people being around so they are pretty docile unless provoked.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:29 AM   #4105

Vintage RV Owners Club
Morning. Nice sunny day today but a bit windy. Getting ready to do some work on the farm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	260493_1108842909160448_4552675731603800454_n.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	121780
Old 03-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #4106

Winnebago Owners Club
Old 03-19-2016, 02:16 PM   #4107

Nice pic Gordon
They can't decide what track this storm will follow yet,
out to sea =no snow , close to shore = a ton of snow , right over Terry = I get rain and Terry ,,,,well hope his shovel is handy...
Where you live ... they don't tell us weather for there , phone home ET!
Old 03-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #4108

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, my sediments exactly . Popeye, Yup you said it, the famous Track of the Storm.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:59 PM   #4109

Winnebago Owners Club
Found the picture on Facebook. Thought it was appropriate. Currently 93 and sunny here. Laying on the lounge chair under the trees most of the time.

Just watched a neighbor zip tie a rubber snake to the top of his TV antenna to keep the pigeons away. Will see how successful it is.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:28 PM   #4110

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon..........NICE
Old 03-20-2016, 06:19 AM   #4111

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
currently 60
another 90 degree day forecasted,
back home 28
forecasted 40

loving the snowbird deal.
Have to hit the pool today, did laundry yesterday afternoon, finished just in time for Happy Hour.

Had a few folks headed for there home's yesterday, we'll be doing that in a few weeks. We have a stop over in Oklahoma City for a week or so. No big hurry to get home.
We have came to the conclusion we need a bigger MH...
Beat cha This morning Rail.

Have a grand Sunday
and those on the road be safe,
Tim.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:41 AM   #4112

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
God Morning Gang,
Gordon,
love that poster, how appropriate.
Tim,
Glad that you are enjoying your 1st snowbird experience. You found out a place that you didn't like and one that you did. Sorry that you can't drag your feet enough going home to be at Jay's on the 4th of July.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 06:56 AM   #4113

Forest River Owners Club
Good morning, all. 34 here, with light snow. No coffee yet. The scouts had a cool night last night. Everyone else is in campers, on of which is a popup. Cool picture of the little boy saying he wants to go camping. Rail, I would imagine you are excited about seeing Mona. That was quite the hike, five miles in and out. I hope all is well out there. I will take on fuel filter. Project tomorrow. Ford wants $250 to perform the job.
Mike

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 03-20-2016, 07:11 AM   #4114
bap

goooodmorning my friends....

been cold again here the last couple day,s but the 2 weeks before we had great weather 70s-80s,,now high in the 40s but tuesday were back in the 60s,,

debbie and i have been super busy we got 2 tt,s finished up over the last couple weeks now we have company in from michigan for debs bday weekend all is good,,,

gotta run for now but will catch up latter...

have a blessed day everyone..
Old 03-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #4115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Gordon, my sediments exactly . Popeye, Yup you said it, the famous Track of the Storm.
Harley, are you talkin' dirt here? Sorry... as a career sedimentary geologist I just couldn't stifle myself regarding your typo! LOL!

Steve
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:19 AM   #4116
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all.

67F here. Expected mid-70s today. Just a quick hello, and back to work. I have customer projects lined up for a couple of months solid. Bev and I were out sick for a few days (some type of stomach virus; she teaches school and gets exposed to all sorts of stuff) and that has not been good for my production schedule.

Hope all is well with everyone, folks are getting better as needed, and everyone enjoying life as much as they want/can.

Our search for a Class A DP has slowed down. We learned a lot from Frank and Rita (thank you again) and we are still digesting the info. We definitely did learn that we have our own personal likes and dislikes in an RV. That in itself is very helpful when we look at the ads on rvtrader, etc. Both of us are still working full-time, and both are quite busy. It's probably much better that we take our time right now. The test drives and our visit with Frank and Rita gave us a huge amount of information and was very well worth the time. And, the forum here is helpful. Just listening to real people talk about their experiences in day to day real life means so much more than what any salesman can offer. (To be fair, our test drives were with a good salesman. It was the sales manager that was full of himself. But, I digress.)

Have a great day, everyone!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote