Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2016, 07:26 PM   #4397

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Lynne, don't you worry! After I sift thru the many duplicates of tools and equipment, which is most of my worldly possessions, lol. Not counting the fact that I have most one of everything in the MH, my retiring van will still be slightly over the registered weight! I need that to maintain the rental houses, but am thinking of getting rid of the landscaping tools. The only trouble is that I really love making my yard look nice and planting stuff. Told Sally I needed to go buy another lawnmower as the old Toro has seen better days, but as it has done for the last 8-9 years after sitting outside in the weather, filled it with gas and it started on the 3rd pull! Amazing! And it still has the original sparkplug in it! I have blasted the plug a few times and gapped it but never replaced it! I think it payed for itself. I do love seeing things I planted sprouting after the winter and seeing the birds come around, although I don't buy $30 a week in birdseed anymore, looked like the Movie when I did ! Just going to get rid of all the "maybe i'll make something out of this things" and enjoy what we have for a while. It will make Sally Happier, and will open up room for me to work on the other Dakota Convertible pickup I want to restore, LOL!
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2016, 09:40 PM   #4398

Hello to all

I've been following the good morning thread for quite some time. Rail,love your motor home. The interior looks very comfy. Best of luck with your repairs. In case you head up North(Niagara Falls) our temps are in the 50's. Had several days of 72degree weather with plenty of sunshine. The campsites are starting to open up. Spent the better part of the winter cleaning and dejunking my upstairs part of the house. DD and I were hoarding way too many clothes. We filled seven 42gallon contractor bags. Had fun giving them away tomy local Gospel Rescue mission.If I haven't used something in six months it goes out. Would have liked to get my downstairs done,but DH had cornea/cataract surgery. DH also had to have an abdominal MRI for an enlarged cyst on his kidney. May 5th is his follow up visit. Each eye surgery requires a two month recuperation. His body could decide to reject his cornea implant some months down the line. NONO NO!!! The power of prayer. I have been told I need a knee replacement 59 yrs. old. I'll just have to wait my turn. Take care Sam-3
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 04:56 AM   #4399

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning,

I miss Yuma,

furnace just kicked off.

beetcha rail...
tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:44 AM   #4400

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning. We went out to dinner with Rail and Jira last night, and had a wonderful visit.
Bobby,
Glad that you are doing well on your downsizing.
Tim,
I guess that means that next year you will go to Yuma earlier and stay late? They tell me that is what happens to us snowbirds.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:03 AM   #4401

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning. We went out to dinner with Rail and Jira last night, and had a wonderful visit.
Bobby,
Glad that you are doing well on your downsizing.
Tim,
I guess that means that next year you will go to Yuma earlier and stay late? They tell me that is what happens to us snowbirds.
Frank
LOLOLOL
That is a good one and true.
Yuma it will be. We were in Quartzite 2 months (,due to RV Park) and stayed in Yuma 1 month. Wonderful Park and friendly.
Next year we are going in Oct til April
We'll do the 160 miles r/t for the Tents though.
I got to get my reservations in.
Thanks,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #4402

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning;
Busy watering the plum and cherry trees, blackberry bushes and asparagus bed. Going to be lots of blooms. Plum blossoms are starting to open.

Early spring here. Last year there was still snow. County has declared a fire ban on everything. Several large grass fires are straining the fire fighters.

Have a great day everyone.

More pictures please. You know who you are!!! LOL
Old 04-19-2016, 09:02 AM   #4403

Gordon
Fire bans here "Extreme Fire Danger" signs up in all areas of the state.

One firefighter was interviewed while fighting a wild fire. He Said....
" I wish smokers were required to eat their butts "
"Maybe , then they'd at least THINK before tossing just anywhere and then put them in their ash trays"

Lynne
Sounds good , I afraid here it is just wishful thinking !
Yesterday it was 53*,,,,,now , being close to the Atlantic means sea breezes on shore , ocean temp is around 40*..............

Tim
Smart snowbirds book before they leave the CG ! for the same site or try to get "that other one that's just perfect"

Bobby
Wow , you LIKE to do lawns ? People in the SW go out and rearrange their .....rocks!

Rail
We're ready for that hot weather backwash anytime you are !
Rain today and 30s tonight............

Everyone keep your stick on the ice and drive careful.
And remember.... Even if you win the rat race , you're still a RAT !
Old 04-19-2016, 02:28 PM   #4404

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, everyone! Coffee was tasty today!
Ok, I get the hint, we have been slacking on the pic's! So I just took a bunch. Frank and I got the leveling jacks working as they should! Dirty connections, is what it was! Took them all off and wire brushed, and put them all back on, waaaaalahhhh!!
And read the manual, and put the key in the acc. position! Duh!! Water heater has been testing us, bought a new control board, after having the batteries tested, and found one bad battery! So put on the new control board, flip the switch, lit just like it should, but, flames shot out of the side of Mona, burned off the awning hold down strap, awning slams closed, lucky Frank was standing back!! I shut it off quickly, and now we pull the burner tube out. No orifice? Dang, now I have to put on a new window awning strap?####!
The new battery fixed the generator start problem! Yaaaaah!!! Fridge took a day to cool down, but now working like a champ! I am glad the water heater has the electric option, and soon we will have the propane side fixed also! The previous owner left so much stuff, about 3K worth of things, including another under counter Uline ice maker! The one that is there works great, and has fill us up with ice already, so much that I had to turn it off! Ok here comes some some more pic's, and even some for Popeye, a look under Mona's skirt??!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1461097264353.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	124605   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461097283556.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	124606  

Name:	1461097308456.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	124607   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461097463510.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	124608  

Name:	1461097558763.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	124609   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461097579446.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	124610  

Name:	1461097665311.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	124611   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461097706376.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	124612  

Name:	1461097736066.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	124613  
Old 04-19-2016, 03:23 PM   #4405

Woo Hoo!
Actually , I prefer the view of all the knobs and switches in the pilot seat !
I'm not sure why ??? Oh yeah , what I still see when I close my eyes !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MIX HEAVEN.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	124628  
Old 04-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #4406

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good afternoon gang,
Well burner tube changed and Mona has both elec and gas hot water heater. Rail is working on a few clearance lights right now, he got all but 1 and he is working on that one right now. at least I haven't lost my troubleshooting skills, but did have a couple of brain farts along the way. As Rail said we got the levelers working good( if all else fails, read the directions), the ignition switch has to be on accessory to work, but the connections that we took off and cleaned were really corroded and dirty, so that was all good. 1 bad house battery threw a monkey wrench in the thing also, but a trip to NAPA fixed that problem, motor looks good, minimal oil leaks(almost none). So now Rita has dinner in the oven, and we will be eating soon, I will send a little of the warm weather up north with Rail tomorrow.
Tim,
See the ole man knows, once you sample a nice winter, you cannot resist more, and probably don't want to see winter again.
Popeye,
Now I see why I said that you weren't wrapped right, different world than us gear heads. Not necessarily a bad thing, just different.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 04:01 PM   #4407

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the pictures Rail. Looking better in every one. Glad to hear the problems were sorted out. Sorry about the awning strap. Eyebrows will grow back!!
Old 04-19-2016, 04:49 PM   #4408

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Sorry Rail, Me and Eleanor couldn't stop laughing about the water heater and the awning strap , too bad there wasn't video!!. Glad it all worked out .
Old 04-19-2016, 06:47 PM   #4409

Frank
Not so far apart....
I traveled on the road most of my life . With a small fleet as well...

And,,,, Thanks to a friend's father who was a total gearhead who worked in a bus fleet garage and then the local Navy Base motor pool teaching me ,,,, (his 2 boys didn't care a whit about mechanicals) THX Mr. D !
I have done my share of wrenching , (how about a timing chain and tranny switch on the side of the road , no jacks ,,,just happened to have the spares cuz the old tranny slipped out of gear a couple of times and I wasn't putting the new one in until I used 'er up ! ('69 Dodge D100 sweptline/ 318 and 3 on the tree ,,,and a home built camper on the back) oh yeah , I put a stick kit in out there too.....

Oh yeah I need to tell ya about the time I fixed the points with a stripped hold down bolt with a tube of crazy glue jel ,,in the pouring rain on the side of an interstate sitting on the wheel well with my feet on the frame and the hood pulled down as a big umbrella !! (I carried a spare distributor after that one). My gap tool ,,,??? eyeballed it !

However , I would go glassy eyed if I had to work on that MONA mill !

AND , I'm sure you had a stereo !!!That's all that pic showed , OK a little more control surface and functions..
Old 04-19-2016, 07:48 PM   #4410

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi guys and girls!
Terry, wish I had the camera too, but would have probably dropped it, in the hurry to shut the switch off! Rita and Frank had us over for dinner this evening! Wow, it was good!! Going to be hard to leave tomorrow, but Mona is ready to cruise! I will check the air pressure in the tires, and hit the road! Here are some pics of the nice dinner and good friends, Rita & Frank!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1461116811810.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	124671   Click image for larger version

Name:	1461116826082.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	124672