Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Thanks Harley1994,
Yes it is an 03 Chevy. The truck runs good, did have to put injectors in it but that is expected on the first generation, I just repaired brake lines that were rusted through, on this trip also. You have to figure a few thousand dollars every couple years is a lot cheaper than $70,000+ for a new truck. There are only 4 things that it can be, loose wire on the injector coil, broken wire in the injector wiring harness, bad injector coil, or bad FICM. Left bank injectors were ok(checked those first because they were changed in May), they checked good, right bank has been in for 2years, so good bet that they are ok. The problem is to check the injector coils is 8 hours labor to pull the 2 valve covers. I couldn't do it in the campsite, too much rain, so I was kinda stuck taking it to the dealers.
By the way, nice job on the door and frame on your toyhauler build.
Frank
Funny. I just had all of the injectors done on my 03 Duramax as well. I'm still have a fuel pressure regulator issue though. It just doesn't have the power through the band it should have. It's really up and down. Pulls at one end of the rev band and not at the other, and then flips in the next gear. Weird.
castrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #58

Good Moooorrrrnnnnnniiiiiiggggg, from the PNW. Coffee is indeed excellent this morning as I look out at our gray and rainy morning. Hey, it's October in Washington State. Heading to the mall this morning and getting ready to hit the road in a month. Wife is retiring November 14 and then its finish moving out of our condo and then hoping to hit the road right after Thanksgiving..

We are very excited but still working around all the details involved with heading out for a very long 7 month trip. Hoping to be in warm southern CA weather by the end of January....
Wbonsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good luck on your new travels, sure sounds like fun.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:34 AM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, all!! Bap, remember a very good exhaust fan is your friend in the paint booth! Yes Terry, it is truly beautiful up there for sure! It is a small world , till you fly to Thailand, then you realize how big it is! 24 hours is a long time in a tin can! It rained here all most all day, but has stopped now! Made the coffee taste extra good this morning!!
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #61
bap

hey rail the fan is already here waiting to be installed...lol
i have had it for years ........

hope evryone has a super smooth day.....coffeee goood this cold morning...but i will be slinging mud up the back hills of eastern ky in an hour or 2...gotta get the back 100acres ready for my hunters this week.....
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:42 AM   #62

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Morning, been up all night reading the forums and am on my 2 pot. Yumm,
Thanks bap,

by the way did you replace the clearance lights on your remodeling projects?
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:03 AM   #63
bap

your welcome spritz,,
to be honest i havent done much after i pulled all my tt,s under roof,,,had to build a new horse barn and now getting the back 100acres ready for some hunters coming in..---then i have 2 get a rental unit ready then its beach time,,,,for only a week but well earned and thats what my daughter wants for her bday,,,so i say by the first of next week i will be southbound....
Old 10-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #64

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Nice bap. looks like you are going to have pretty good weather. Enjoy the beach and hope you have a wonderful time.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:11 AM   #65
bap

gooooooodmorninng everyone,,,,,,may the good lord above watch over all of you this day and keep everyone safe,,,,

thanks frank, we will im sure,,,,now the whole family is going,,,we always have a great time,,,
Old 10-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #66

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I'll throw in a good evening. Every night coming home from work I see an old diesel pusher in my back yard as I drive down the street! I get a fuzzy feeling just from that.
sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
I'll throw in a good evening. Every night coming home from work I see an old diesel pusher in my back yard as I drive down the street! I get a fuzzy feeling just from that.
Good morning Sam60, I'm sure that sweet ol girl is ready to go, just waiting you! Bap , have fun at the beach! Terry have fun putting in your axel's! Coffee is tasting very good this morning!! Rail!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:09 AM   #68

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Sam hop in that ole girl take her for a spin . Do both of you good. Bap, take that over due time off have fun. Rail, yup I have fun just being able to get up and go to work on the TH, (be a whole lot more fun to USE the TH!!)
Old 10-25-2014, 01:02 AM   #69

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
It was a fun morning, for sure! On my first cup, I heard a yell from the back outside kitchen, back by the sink area? The maid was washing dishes, and the pipe broke off the faucet!! Water was spraying everywhere!! I ran out and shut off the main shut off, and got to work putting in a new faucet! Most of the houses here in Thailand have the cooking area outside, we have a kitchen in the main part of the house, but the cooking all gets done outside! It is open air, but has a cover and is screened! It is the same way at our other house too! Its all done now and looks good and works just fine! Hope you all have a nice day, and it quits raining! Or Snowing Hehehehehe!!! Rail!
Old 10-25-2014, 05:38 AM   #70
bap

goodmorninbg gang,,,,lol....almost reminds me of the apple dumpling gang...lol

projec ts just keep getrting in trhe way of our beach trip,,,looing like its going to be anothger week before we can go,,,was going to leave monday morning but we have to close a deal on wensday now,,,my daughter understands,,but after this deal is done may give us a better trip and we can stay a little longer..

may the good lord bless each and everyone of you this fine october day,,,he already has if ur reading this....lol