Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2017, 06:38 PM   #7127

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
As IndyGlenn said the wind finally died down, the temps are in the low to mid 70's, maybe even the upper 70's. Had a busy day, cleaned up the debris from the storm in the pool and spa, then packed the bearings and adjusted the brakes on one of the toy haulers in the park, of course it was a three axle unit. Everything went well, took about 2 hours. I sure love the hydraulic leveling system, don't have to use the bottle jacks.
Lloyd,
I still didn't get the dish dialed in, but didn't work on it for very long, I am going to move it due to trees being in the way, I guess I was just lucky the first time.
ll those in Yuma or on the way there, have fun and enjoy.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2017, 06:47 PM   #7128

Sounds like the get together is a done deal!

We don't have to be back to our house Texas until 18th of February.

We're spending the night at the Southern Star in Van Horn Texas. We got in somewhere around 600 miles today with no hiccups. Fuel mileage was a disappointment but the constant head wind might have something to do with that.

When we're on the road I do a blog, thereaboutstexas.com. First day and first post, short one, tired, wore slick even.

Any advice on dry camping Quartzite would be appreciated. We are picking up the Casita for my dad in Camp Verde. The Casita is dad's off road apartment. He does two breathing treatments a day and we supply him the electricity from the coach so we like to have him close, but not too close.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:41 AM   #7129

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee was nice and hot this am. Didn't start drinking it until about 6 or 7 years ago and would sure miss it now.

Weather is up and down and going down more this weekend. I await Spring! It's all I can do.

Hope everyone is doing well. Camping is getting closer and I am excited. We have to get the tow system taken care of and the hook up system on the Equinox but that will happen in April or May.

Take care, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:02 AM   #7130

Harv
Camping in Q is easy. Pretty much everywhere is open .
There are host people that you get a free 14 day pass from.

Then "pick your neighborhood" Just don't park in a wash........

Gordon , glad you made it back from the trip. happy happy joy joy.

I was coated in Ice yesterday morning , see Terry's pictures from the last storm.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:02 AM   #7131

Good morning!

33° here in Tucson!!!! Brrrr!

We move to Quartzsite today once we get on the road. Harv I asked around on where to park once there in this thread......

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/quar...do-324192.html

Given Debbie and I only plan on spending 3 nights and 2 days, I think we are going to try and get in the Rice Ranch site mentioned. It is walking distance to the show. $7 per night is well worth not having to unload the Jeep and drive it to town and if I am hearing correctly find a parking space for it.

We had a great time yesterday at the Sonora Desert Museum. They have lots of wild life! Fun to see.

Harv, we had one tank of fuel in Texas we got in the 5's. The wind was just horrible head on the windshield. However, in highsight it was better than the 60 to 80 mph cross winds in New Mexico!!! They are over now,,, but that was a bad deal. Our high mileage for the trip has been 7.2.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:41 PM   #7132

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Afternoon folks,

Coffee is fantastic, as always.

Finally have high speed internet in the middle of nowhere. Ha!..

The trip to Oklahoma went well.

My first stop was in Richland, WA and had dinner with an old friend before finding a Walmart to get some rest. Discovered Maggie was not designed for winter driving. Her side glass tends to frost up and there is no defroster system there of any kind.

So I got out a few tools, removed the front dash panel and with some handy work rerouted some dash vents to blow on the side windows and pinned open the gate valve to allow defrost on the windshield as well as via the dash vents. As you can see it's a bit ghetto, but it worked for this trip.

Day 2 I pushed on to Rock Springs Wyoming. Brrrr Minus 18 and windy!! Left Maggie and the genset running all night. Still managed to get a good night sleep.

Day 3 on to Woodward. OK. Arrived about 1:30 AM.

Most of the trip was via interstate and with no troubles at all. When I left I70 in Kansas and headed south into OK via 2 lane road things were a bit tense. The roads were narrow, no shoulder and a ditch, and loads of truck traffic going the opposite direction. I swear that last 150 miles took far more out of me than the entire 1850 miles did.

Despite all the mountain passes and pulling the Toy Box fully loaded fuel mileage was respectable, right around 7.5.

The next day I began cleaning up form the ice storm. Lots of tree branches and entire trees down everywhere. May take another week to clean up all this mess around here.

On the plus, arrived safe and sound and now have high speed internet so I can once again visit over coffee in the morning.

Safe travels everyone............
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vent 1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	150062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vent 2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	150063  

1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #7133

Good evening all!

Hello from Quartzsite! We arrived about 2:30. This is pretty cool. We are at the Rice Ranch, directly across the street from the main show. $7.95 w/ tax per night to dry camp. No need to unload the Jeep, we can walk to everything.

We walked around a little bit this afternoon, spoke to one vendore who says he can do our topper on site. Going back there in the morning with the exact measurements. We are considering having all 4 replaced, they are 9 years old, and the fabric is brittle on all of them.

Last tank of fuel, we got 8.25 mpg! Really cool considering the load we are moving.

Jay, sounds like your trip went well. Never thought about side window defroast. I doubt Miss Prissy would do well in that category also.

Have a great evening!

L.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:27 PM   #7134

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very tasty this morning!

Jay, when that happened to me in Mona, i just turned on the fans that are mounted on the dash, and aimed them towards the side windows! Helped, but still fogged up some, because of the humped up dash on the drivers side blocked the air flow to the drivers side window, so i turned both of the mounted fans to the passenger side, and i got a small box fan, took bungees and fixed it to one of the kitchen chairs, and aimed it at the drivers side windows! Fixed it! It was cool, rainy, and they wanted to fog pretty bad from all the moisture inside! Mona does not have the dual pane windows like our previous HR did, and you can tell the difference for sure!
Sure glad you made it to Woodward safe and sound and Maggie did good! Hope you packed your warm clothes, because Ok. does get cold!

Lloyd, enjoy Quartzsite, and the weather! Have fun!

Harvey, you will have to look Lloyd up!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 01-26-2017, 05:23 AM   #7135

Good morning everyone coffee is great today....

Sounds like everyone is doing well and enjoying their travels hope everyone on the road has a great trip.....

Today should be interesting I have to attend a training course called "active shooter" it's about to handle yourself in case you find yourself in a mass shooting scenario....Should be fun and informative....

Bone marrow results from last week..... still no sign of leukemia on a molecular level....Ya...Happy dance....

Well everyone be safe and enjoy life

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:13 AM   #7136

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post

Sounds like everyone is doing well and enjoying their travels hope everyone on the road has a great trip.....

Today should be interesting I have to attend a training course called "active shooter" it's about to handle yourself in case you find yourself in a mass shooting scenario....Should be fun and informative....

Bone marrow results from last week..... still no sign of leukemia on a molecular level....Ya...Happy dance....

Mk
Congrats on the bone marrow results, love happy dancing....
Old 01-26-2017, 07:19 AM   #7137

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post

Mk
Fantastic.....
Old 01-26-2017, 07:20 AM   #7138

We're parked in the Sun Life Resort. I'm so glad Jane has parking assist because the spot is small. Dozer the wiener dawg thinks he's in hog dog Heaven with green grass and lots of marker posts, so many posts, so small a bladder.

We're not planning on leaving for Camp Verde until about 9:00 because of the traffic. Yesterday in El Paso rush hour was enough of that for me.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:23 AM   #7139

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good evening all!

Hello from Quartzsite! We arrived about 2:30. This is pretty cool. We are at the Rice Ranch, directly across the street from the main show. $7.95 w/ tax per night to dry camp. No need to unload the Jeep, we can walk to everything.

We walked around a little bit this afternoon, spoke to one vendore who says he can do our topper on site. Going back there in the morning with the exact measurements. We are considering having all 4 replaced, they are 9 years old, and the fabric is brittle on all of them.

Last tank of fuel, we got 8.25 mpg! Really cool considering the load we are moving.

Jay, sounds like your trip went well. Never thought about side window defroast. I doubt Miss Prissy would do well in that category also.

Have a great evening!

L.
Lloyd, whatch your pocket book, they are still trying to get $11 for a $1.35 led 12v light bulb down there!
Old 01-26-2017, 07:24 AM   #7140

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
mkohler30 ...... if they teach to shoot where you look, don't look down at your feet.....