Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2017, 05:18 AM   #8737

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Tim,
Glad that you got the S&B sold, Dad's closing is Aug 14th, Am going to cut the grass tomorrow, then either Thursday or Friday we will take the mower over to Dad's GF, then load the PU up with the big tools that Rita's son is going to take back to Ohio and we are done with the house.
W.D.,
Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate all the support that we have gotten.
Rail,
I'll bet you and Jira are getting excited. We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2017, 07:43 AM   #8738

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Welcome to new posters. You will enjoy the thread.

Well the CNC work went well. Big learning experience and the result is really good. Should do another one just to get the lessons ingrained. Board was bigger than the machine so had to make several passes at it. Spent a lot of time going slow to make sure we did not "go outside the lines". Anyway cover is on the induction stovetop. Just a bit of sanding and some oil and will be done.

Borrowed a line tracer. Took very little time to fine a possible line for additional lighting on the patio slide. Have to dig out the end of the wire to verify the numbers and then should be golden. Lot accomplished yesterday.

Golf day today. Looking forward to that.

We are under an air quality advisory. Smoke from the forest fires in British Columbia is moving into our area. Tomorrow they are predicting a 10 which is supposed to be quite serious. We need rain but BC needs it more. They still have over 30,000 who have been evacuated. Thank goodness only loss is property so far.

Hope everyone has a grand day.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:18 PM   #8739

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening,

Welcome to new members of the thread. Good group here so join in.

The last few days have not been so good. Quit taking one pain med due to not being able to stay awake. Sleeping 18 to 20 hours a day and being loopy. The other pain med (nocor) makes me nauseated. I try not to take it due to the nausea and then can't stand the pain and have to take it anyway See the doctor in a week but am going to call him tomorrow to see if I can take something else. Don't want to be nauseated all the time. Lost about 8 lbs the last couple days. Just a terrible way to feel. Range of motion still good.

Frank, glad you got the house sold. Your memories will always be with you.

Tim, how is the foot doing? I worry about you.

Meet & Greet not long off now. We went to check on Miss May today. She still looks clean so glad of that. It will be a while before I wash the outside again.

Weather is getting hot and we could use some of that rain Terry is getting. We have corn tasseling already. Other fields about waist high. Beans from looking real good to new plantings. Sure is a diversity of when they got the fields planted.

Going to go, you all have a good night. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #8740

Glad to hear the range of motion is good sorry to hear of the problems with the pain meds hope the doc can get that fixed for you Lynne...

Frank glad the house sold quickly now you can start to move on with that detail taken care of...

Tim hope your foot is doing well so you can keep on fishing...

Had a little scare daughter who is pregnant went to the hospital for some symptoms she was having,,,6 months along,,,but luckily it was just an infection and they gave her meds and she is home resting....yay!!!

Coffee was good today gotta run take care everyone

Mk

Sent from my XT1650 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #8741

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hello all,

Lynn hang in there you will get better sooner than you might think.

Today was a travel day for us. We left Hancock, Wisconsin and arrived in Baileys Harbor, Wisconsin about 3:30 this afternoon. We're at "Beantown" Campground for five days and then we head south for a while. We have to be back in Fayetteville, AR. by August 5th so we can see our doctors the week of the 7th.

I am really going to hate leaving temperate Wisconsin. It's been wonderful here.

So, I will check back in in the morning. "Keep on, keepin on."
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:00 PM   #8742

Lynne

I hope your Dr. can adjust your meds for you. Reminds me of the chemo I had and the nausea. Of course the ins. co. wouldn't pay for the med that would have worked. Hope you feel better soon.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:52 AM   #8743
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

Another hot and humid day in north FL. But, hey! It's July. Then it will be August. It's hot and humid here!

Lynne, Sounds like the knee is doing well. DW agreed that a call to the doc to address the pain meds is in order. She remembers the "loopy" times. Well, actually I remember them better than she does. Just call the doc and get something else.

Charlie, Safe travels. Keep on enjoying!

MK, Thoughts and prayers for your daughter. Glad they found the issue and are taking care of it. This is an important time to be vigilant. Glad she is taking care of it.

Tim, Does this mean you are becoming a "fishaholic"? Enjoy!

Gordon, Sound like you enjoyed the CNC. I use mine for every job we do at work. It is like a computer: what you put in is what you get out. Well, it IS a computer running the machine. Enjoy!

Rail: Try to remember to sleep at night. You have a trip coming up!

Welcome to some newer folks. Glad you are joining our discussions.

Well, off to work. Everyone have a great day!!!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:09 AM   #8744

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Morning Gang,
Been playing cards at the senior center almost every weekday. Been to the pool about every other day for around an hour, it has been relaxing. Today, will cut the grass one last time, tomorrow Rita's son is flying in and we will take the mower to Dad's girl friends house, then load up the table saw, welder, air compressor, and power washer to take back to Ohio and we will then turn the keys over to the realtor.
Lynne,
Glad that the range of motion is coming along. Sorry that you are having trouble with the pain meds. Hopefully the Doc will give you one that doesn't wreck havock with you.
MK,
Glad that your DD is doing better and that she is getting taken care of.
Charlie,
Glad that you are enjoying your first summer full timing.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 07-19-2017, 06:13 AM   #8745

Glad to see all of the good news with everyone.

Keep it up Lynne, you'll be a Debbie in no time at all.

Mk, that's awesome news with the daughter.

Gordon, sorry about the internet service. We've been on fiber since it came out way back when. So unbelievable speed has been a given forever. But I do remember down sizing photos to the absolute minimum size in order to post them and then waiting forever for the down loads. I use safari and even with the cellular service downloads and up loads seem to be quick.

Rail, short timer, I was one, twice. The lifers and newbies hated me for it, played it like a rock and roll star.

Tim, I can't imagine Glenda and me on kayaks at this time, she's got the terrors when it comes to water. But I can imagine you on one.

Frank, read about the card playing and smile, dad is a big time card player and him and the relatives make it a big part of their day this time of the year in Camp Verde AZ.

Charlie you sound like FT is fitting you just fine.

Updates: Glenda's visit with the oral surgeon went well yesterday. They're going to do the surgery Friday and we should be good to go in about three weeks. She was having some doubts about the trip when I explained to her that dad is 91, she is a breast cancer survivor, and I'm a klutz that can get seriously hurt at any time. This might be the last great trip to the woods for the three of us together so we have to do it.

Speaking of getting hurt, a couple of nights ago about midnight I got hurt in a pretty serious fight. Big old boy was getting pushy and when I had enough I reached back and grabbed a handful of fist from the floor and connected with his body, I ended up with some bumps on my head, cuts and bruises on my left leg and foot. And the right fist was bruised up too. The best I can figure it out I was laying on my back asleep and I did a complete 360 degree body roll coming off the bed. The night stand whacked my head and the dresser and its handles worked over the leg and foot. I landed on my back on the floor. I woke up doing the mental inventory of broken body parts before moving. I looked a mess when I stumbled into the kitchen and scared the heck out of Glenda. We did the band aid thing and all was better. She says I do fights in my sleep but she can touch me and stop them when she is in bed. She wasn't there yet.

I've learned to live with the klutz factor but now it looks like I've got to also keep it in mind when sleeping.

Three weeks if all goes well and then we're off to the woods. We'll be on the Rim above where that tragedy where ten members of one family lost their lives in the flash flood last Saturday.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #8746

Good morning all!

Wow, lots going on here, welcome to the new members. I have been to busy to post, everyday we had early starts and events. Today is a rest day, Deb I still sleeping. Great weather here in N.Y., however we went through lots of rain on the way up. Ms Prissy is very dirty.

Yesterday we took the train to N.Y.C. into grandcentral, then subway downtown, and spent almost 5 hours at the 911 museum and memorial. They did a fantastic job with it. We took a guided museum tour, which was awesome. I recommend everyone go visit this. Very moving, amazing stories, sad, heroic, and lucky. I lost a friend in the north tower, the first plane hit in his office space. They think it was over quickly. Found his name on the memorial.

Lynne, good luck getting your meds fixed, I would think they have something better.

Gordon, those fires are scary. We visited where the smokey mtn fires were back in the spring, the aftermath is scary. You and Janet take care!!!

MK, glad all is okay.

Rail, expect you will be really busy once you get here.

Tim, fish away!!! I'm a little confused by your last post? Did you sell your house??? And how is the foot?

Frank, congrats on all moving quickly there.

Today we are off the the Hudson valley rail trail. A train bridge across the Hudson at Poughkeepsie built over 200' up in the 1800's is now a bicycle walk path. Going to go check it out. Also planning on visiting Angry Orchards Cidar facility.

Tomorrow we head to Gettysburg for Deb's family reunion.

Hve a good day all!

L.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:16 AM   #8747

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning all. Hoped to be on the road today for the long trip to Kentucky, by way of NMEX or COLO. MH still in shop. Having suspension work done. Align front end. Spartan chassis with straight front axle that needs to be bent straight. And center the steering box. And shocks. And adjust steering box. Shop had trouble sourcing shocks. Hope to get front shocks into shop this Friday. So will leave some time next week. weather is forcasted to be over a hundred every day, no rain. So working outside in the mornings and inside in the afternoons. Y'all remember in my other life I am renovating my house that was built in 1920. And living in it at the same time.

Well, time to go to work. Repairing wood steps off porch this morning. Wishing healing to those in need. Safe travels to those on the road.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:11 AM   #8748

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning All;
Smoke warning on us today. Looking outside there is a yellowish tinge to the sunlight. Supposed to be getting worse during the day. Janet has a couple air purifiers running.

Lynne - Janet used Tramodol. It was good for her until she had to stop using it. Was really unhappy with the withdrawal. Whole story about that we can talk about at the M&G.

Working on the coach today after watering the garden. Had new potatoes last night for dinner and man are they good. Ground is pretty dry though and no rain predicted for the short term.

Mike - happy for you that your daughter is OK. Must take a load off of your shoulders.

Ron - hope the parts come quickly and you are able to get away soon. It is time to do some R&R. We renovated our house while living in it. Janet was cooking on a single burner hot plate and a toaster oven for a while. Dinners were good and we are still talking. We maybe made the mistake of doing everything at once. Seemed to be more practical than doing a room at a time. We put in new sub flooring, hardwood so doing it in one pass made set up much easier. Also reduced the number of transitions. Next time (never going to happen) we may try room at a time.

Nephew bought a new to them house. They are going to replace the flooring with hardwood and are planning to do room at a time. Will help and see how it works out.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:51 AM   #8749

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Afternoon Gang,
Mowed the yard, came back and washed the pickup and have it all ready for Rita's son, including a full tank of gas. Rita is at the senior center playing cards, should be back in the next hour. Until then I am as Gordon would say, without adult supervision, lol.
Lloyd,
Sounds like you and Deb are having a good time, hope you continue to enjoy your time up north.
Ron,
Hope that the parts come in soon and you get on your way, don't work too hard on your remodel. Looking forward to sharing a couple (or more) adult beverages with you.
Gordon,
Hope that the smoke stays away from you, talked to our friends yesterday that we were going to go out west with. They made it through BC in good shape without the fires delaying them, they are in Washington now, heading to Mount Rushmore. Maybe we will head up your way in the spring or summer of 2019, after staying with you guys in Yuma for the winter.
Harvey,
Tell Glenda, to do it now, because as we found out with Dad, tomorrow may never come. He went from being independant and functioning to passed away in less than a month.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 07-19-2017, 10:56 PM   #8750

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is good today!

Bap, "aka, Jeff" Where are you? We are all coming!

1 week Short!!!! We fly out of Lampang next Thursday!

Ron, if you are coming thru Central Illinois on I-72 or I-74 you will be very close to my son's place! Let me know, we can leave the light on for ya! I will get you my U.S. phone # when I get one! He has 6 acres, so we can find a spot for you, i'm sure! 424 miles from Argenta to Olive Hill, so a few more to the CG! That is following the interstate's all the way, but I think we will go a different way, and get off the interstate at Cincinnati and cut through the woods!
Tim, you too!
W.D. You too if you decide to come!
The song "Convoy" comes to mind!

Making out the list of things I have to do when I get to my Son's!
Yep, I am going to be busy!

Getting excited!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!