Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2017, 10:56 PM   #9717

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is good today!

Tim,, Ohhhhhh, heck!!! Even if Joe has to get a stent or two, you guys can still make Yuma this year! Don't get discouraged, you two can and will get it done!

Lloyd, good news on the insurance (Farmers) finally stepping up! They should have done it way before now, and they should take care of their customers better than that! 2 1/2 months to make up their mind and decide that they are going to finally fix your MH is Nuts!
I applaud you on your patience!

Terry, I did notice your sig.!!

Frank, glad you and Rita got some help, and that she is getting better!

Sam-3, hope the pain pills help, and prayers are still coming!

MK, I agree with the others that you should retire as soon as you can, my wife Jira is still working at our store, even thou she retired from the hospital!
And Eleanor is still working also, With Terry retired!

Lynne, the count down is ON!!

Popeye, no truer words! "The observation that a job costs a lot of $$ just to provide everything you need to do it is so true.
Expenses can be WAY less if you don't go overboard having fun !"

Everyone, have a great day! Rail!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2017, 05:52 AM   #9718

Good morning all!

It is a new world just knowing Ms Prissy is headed for the shop door. Wouldn't bother me at all if I don't speak to the adjuster again.

Tim and Joe, you guys are getting a few real curve balls thrown your way. But you can hit those. Stints are very common, and a amazingly fast recovery,,,,, like 2-3 days. Hang in there it will work out. At least Farmers insurance is not involved!!!!! Prayers, get well.

Ann, hopefully your more comfortable now?

Frank, Rail..... I continue to have faith I picked the right shop. I think we got this cap marrying thing. It will only be noticeable to those who know the Mandalay product line very well. I've seen their work,,, it is top knotch. Looking at the positive,,,,,, Ms Prissy had chips and nicks here and there all around her lower half from various assaults during her 10 years on the road. Especially the front cap from stone chips. All of that will be re-done repainted etc.... she should be like new!!!

Gordon, I have not been so patient, but I kept swinging. Didn't get what I wanted, but I am convinced it would have not been resolved at this point if I simply stood by.

It is Thursday, time for me to ride with my Thursday friends. Great weather, mid-70s, my turn to lead this week. My plan is a nice rest I know in the mountains.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:54 AM   #9719

Lloyd so glad to hear the news on Ms Prissy.....I know you are too....

I really appreciate the encouragement to retire but believe me no encouragement is needed....lol...I am not sure why the wife still wants to work but if she does get a promotion then I will probably give it another year then retire and start getting rid of the house....still alot to do with it even though I have started working on it...

Got a couple of new 5er's in mind but depending on what we get for the house will impact the final decision....

Be good everyone and thanks again

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:53 AM   #9720

I glanced at IRV2 after the Astros won the pennant. Tim’s post hit me pretty hard. I’m glad the Astros won but the reality of life came in like a cold wind. Yesterday morning I was told that a good friend has serious melanoma issues. I suspected something was wrong but never brought it up to him. His news along with Tim’s took the luster off of the day.

Lloyd it looks like Miss Prissy going my way. I love a sleeper, something that looks plain until you look closer and find it is special without being garish. Congrats on sticking with it and hopefully getting her fixed in time to join us in the desert.

I can see both sides of the retirement thing. I can appreciate someone being very happy with what they do and wanting to continue doing it. I can also see the idea of not facing the grind as the dream. One of the reasons I’m taking my blacksmithing stuff to Yuma is I know that I will be stir crazy within a couple of weeks. I sure as heck don’t want a job even though there is lots of things I can do and have fun doing it for money. It’s the job title I guess. My thing about jobs is “why would I want one? Everyone I know who has one hates it.”

So I’m taking some simple tools and hopefully I’ll be able to have fun making stuff.

I’m working on Jane so I’ve pulled off working on the deck. If you look at the photos keep in mind each piece is cut at twice and some have been cut three or more times. The pieces are all cut long and then trimmed back down to size. That’s a lot of up and downs for an older fella.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	671E9566-F4B4-4ACA-AE4E-8C8F6E8701AA.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	181736   Click image for larger version

Name:	70B972E3-2BB0-459C-8F8E-1575CDB8434A.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	436.8 KB
ID:	181737  

Old 11-02-2017, 08:06 AM   #9721

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Harv, deck looks good, certainly know what you mean with the ups and downs. Finding something to do when we do get to go south is the one thing that I wonder about, being away from the equipment ect. I've recently been offered several driving jobs but turned them down, really dislike the winter driving a big rig, done that way too many years here in the great northeast
Old 11-02-2017, 08:52 AM   #9722

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Have not posted for a time but I am reading every day or so. Last weekend was able to visit sister in Gatesville where MH parks, but MH is still in shop. Brother was there last weekend also, had a good visit. Still does not seem real that mother is gone. Told brother and sister that next time we are all together that we will start playing dominoes again, just have to make it moon instead of 42. MH comes out of shop today, and getting new rear tires. Last set is 4 year old Samsons that weather-checked on sidewalls bad and I did not trust them.

Cabinets delivered this morning to house but new kitchen space is not ready for install. Still trying to get contractors to do the window moving and electric and plumbing rough-in. Hoping to select contractor next week. This weekend will be taking all cabinets out of boxes and measure to make sure they are the same as drawings.

Lloyd, so glad insurance finally stepped up and they are starting repair of Ms Prissy. Time to confirm reservations for Yuma.

Tim and Joe, y'all hang in there. I am sure Yuma is still on the agenda this winter. You can heal in Yuma as well as at home.

Need to get on the road to pick up MH. Hope all are healing and livin the dream.

ronspradley, driver for Emmett the WanderDog

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:12 PM   #9723

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi everyone. Coffee was horrible this morning. Paid $4 at Barnes & Noble for a straight decaf. All they had was a decaf Americano. Too dark for me!

Weather is cold and drizzly and foggy in central Illinois. High of 56. No snow, but we aren't that far south of Lynne that we can hope to escape the white stuff.

I've tried to carve out some time to get in here, but just too many littles underfoot. Including the grown-up ones! Kids probably head back home on Sunday after family photos.

Lloyd, that's fabulous news about Miss Prissy. Its hopefully going to move quickly for you now! Praying the rebuild goes above and beyond your expectations.

Tim and Joe, and everyone facing health things, members of our group are in my prayers. And I could use yours. Been having migraines, more of them than usual, and with light/sound sensitivity. Saw allergist yesterday, she says they're probably allergies triggering migraines and migraines triggering allergies, back and forth. I get skin tested on Monday, food and environmental. I'm already lactose intolerant, gluten sensitive, mildly allergic to watermelon and cruciferous vegetables. Mildly allergic to morphine family meds. We will see what else. Also having a CT scan of my sinuses to make sure there's no polyps or deformities. Got a referral out to the neurologist to have another migraine eval done and try messing with different meds for prevention. On the positive front, though: doc officially took me off blood pressure med! I've lost 30+ pounds on low carb since January and my bp was the lowest its been in decades, 102/69.

Allen may be getting a promotion at work. We should know more by Monday. It isn't a huge amount but it helps. Money to put toward retirement!

Got an invite to apply for Amazon Handmade. I already use Etsy as my online shop, and opening up an Amazon store might be a good thing. (I make keepsakes from flowers, from funerals and weddings primarily. I work with fresh flower petals or ones decades old.)

Gordon, how frustrating that Garmin watch isn't synching correctly. Can they fix or replace it?

So Allen finally got his veteran's status on his drivers licence, and finally applied for his VA benefits. He's stayed with his job because we need the medical insurance. But VA coverage may change all that. And someone told us that USAA now offers health insurance. Theoretically that could enable him to retire early and join my business, if the insurance is affordable enough.

Harvey that deck is coming along beautifully! Such detail. Really enjoying the progress pics.

Ron, what a sweet idea about the dominoes with your siblings. Hope those cabinets fit! And that you pick the right contractor.

Well, I gotta get to work. Kids are taking the littles to the doctor - they all have head colds. Glad I take my vitamins and got my flu shot. No guarantee I won't catch it, but at least can reduce the duration of it if I do.

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #9724

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Afternoon Everyone;
Went golfing this morning. Golfed badly but had a good time.

Tim and Joe. What a shock to read the post. Seems like you cannot catch a break. Beauty is that you are coping and in my opinion winning overall. Would be disappointed if the two of you did not make it down this winter. Stents are an immediate cure and a couple days for the incision to heal will suffice. However you guys decide to deal with it is fine but it is much more pleasant down here.

Lloyd - starting to see some light. If the collision shop meets your expectations I expect you will get a superior job. Keeping fingers crossed.

Gorgeous day here.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:33 PM   #9725

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Good Afternoon Everyone;
Went golfing this morning. Golfed badly but had a good time.
Haha, I am this way, too. Just for disc golf! My handicap is still coming down, at +18 (pro score). But playing handicaps, it levels the playing field and sometimes I can beat Allen's +6 handicap. We tell our daughters-in-law often that its how we make the game interesting with their spouse! The better player has to have their head in their game or they'll lose to the less skilled player. (Or less strong player, in terms of sheer upper body strength at the tee).

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:51 PM   #9726

Update on back problems

Saw the Physician Assistant(primary MD). I have to use a walker when out in public. Having a painful time lifting my legs over the bathtub to get in the shower. The muscle relaxer seems to be working some. Told the PA I was slightly improved. She wrote I am getting better. She put a call into my pain management DR. to see what she wants to do about my pain. Next week I see the Neurologist for a tune up with my migraine headaches. No bladder infection that is good news. Will call today for an apt. to get the abdomen and pelvis x-ray done. Glad to hear Loyd is getting his motorhome fixed. Prayers to all in need.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:48 AM   #9727

Good morning all!

Harvey that deck looks great. Very nice.

Ron, sounds like you are moving along on the house project. Cool to have the cabinets ready, so often you have to wait.

Sam, sorry the pain is still not manageable. They are so concerned with addictions these days,,,, people end up suffering. Hopefully they will come up with something for you soon.

Great motorcycle ride yesterday with my "Thursday Friends". Weather could not be better, and the scenery was awesome. Got home after 260 miles.

Did I mention Deb is away and I am unspervised??? Yep!

A buddy is coming over this morning, we are heading to the backyard range. Will be fun to see him, it has been awhile.

Turn back the clocks this weekend. To me that is always the big sign of winter.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #9728

Carolina Campers
Happy day!

Kathleen is getting the pins in her feet out today!!

She will be dancing in no time (well, maybe not, she doesn’t have an acceptable dance partner)....

Somehow she heard the Dr say she is excused from all home duties for a couple of years or so....

Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #9729

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning everyone;
62 overnight, 81 predicted. Bit of overcast. The weather is supposed to be like this for the next while.

Going to have an easy day. Probably going over to get some plants to make the deck a bit more homey. Always get a hibiscus. They have always done well for us. Nice to have some green on the deck.

Nice deck Harvey. Really like the Trex results but not too keen on working with it. Chews up saw blades really quickly. Does make a great long lasting surface.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:43 AM   #9730

Vintage RV Owners Club
Morning everybody!

Coffee was good this morning. So is the homemade chicken broth. I roast leftover chicken bones and skin, throw it in the crock pot overnight. Makes the best broth! And basically costs only the power to run the crock pot. The prices of supermarket broth are outrageous.

Sam-3 (is it Anne?) - I'm thinking of you today. I sure hope the pain management doc can help you. Nodding agreement with Lloyd about the addiction fears from doctors. I get that point of view but there's a fine line between quality of life and an (over)abundance of caution. Would gabapentin be of help to you? Praying for you this morning.

Lloyd, sounds like you're keeping busy while Deb is away! Hope you have a good time with your buddy on the backyard range today.

Agreed about the clocks turning back. Also the geese. When I hear therm honking as they fly south over my house. Sure sign of the change of season.

Ooh! Edited to say a huge congrats to Kathleen for getting the pins out today! Haha in the housework. Congrats again!
Charlene