Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2020, 11:49 AM   #17389

OH Yeah Lloyd !
That was going through my head as I was sliding......oh , I don't think I mentioned this ,,,,,,,,,,,I was going sideways !

I don't understand it..
I had my spikes on my boots !!!
Yet I didn't think to drag my feet like on my tricycle when I was a kid.... of course that wouldn't have worked ,I probably would have broken my legs with my luck...

(450# of calcium was spread out on that ice an hour later)
I really wish I had remembered my skates before the salt got here though.....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2020, 08:29 PM   #17390

Good evening!

Gordon and I went and looked at a car trailer forsale here in the park for Charlie today. Brand new, the guy bought it, towed it here, then decided not to use it. Still had the little nubs on the tires. Passed on the pics and info to Charlie.

Cool day here, however warmed up by afternoon enough for a nice happy hour.

Have a great evening all!

L.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:17 PM   #17391

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Lloyd and Rail , how are you all doing? Getting ready to go to bed , before Sally locks me out of the room! Rail hope you were real far away from that nutjob that shot those poor people in Thailand! And Lloyd have a friend of mine looking for a wrecked Durango or Dakota pickup need a project to bring to Yuma ! Have a great nite !

'06 Itasca Sunova 8.1/4l85e, retired 90 Dakota Convertible Toad, 2015 Kia Soul (SunovaToad)
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:35 PM   #17392

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today! Fresh roasted bag of beans!

Nothing better than a day after the rain in the desert! In a week or so the desert flowers will be out and blooming, just a beautiful site! And everything smells so good and fresh!

I ordered a new fuel plate and governor springs for Mona the other day, they will be waiting for me to install when we get to my sons in the second week of July! I have noticed that the old governor springs were starting to de-fuel at 2200/2400 rpm's, and it was hurting the performance pulling the hills and mountains! So I ordered 3000/4000 rpm spring kit! That should do it! Also a new fuel plate kit from TST, the #6 plate which is good for 125 HP and 220 ft. lbs. of torque! That will put the HP at around 400 HP., and the torque around 1200 ft. lbs. Also a boost elbow, so the boost will go from 22#'s to 30+#'s! That should wake up Mona, and let her hump up!
What I get for having too much free time on my hands! YouTube video's showed me how to do this, and if I run into problems there is a very good diesel pump shop in Harristown, over by where I used to live, and the guy that runs it is a friend!
Mona was already fun to drive, and this performance upgrade should make her come to life!
My son Wes also bought a Fox body Mustang that a buddy of his built, and it has all the goodies! Full on drag car that you can drive on the street!
It has a built 351 in it, 5 speed manual, and a 9" rear! Can't wait to drive it! We may take it to the drag strip, for some fun! Wes's friend that built it died unexpectedly, and another friend bought it, then sold it to Wes.
Ron, you coming up to stay for a week or so this year, before the U.P. trip? We could have some fun with this Mustang! Put it on the car trailer behind Mona, and go to the drags!
I guess I could put it on the car trailer and pull it up to Michigan? Make a nice toad!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 02-11-2020, 11:27 PM   #17393

Gulf Streamers Club
Stan, I was thinking I might meet you and Jira in Argenta and follow you to Michigan but I can't keep up as it is. If you pump up Mona like you are saying the last time I see y'all will be when we leave the driveway at Wes's place. Maybe I need to book some time in Harristown. I don't need much, maybe 90 or 100 HP.
Visited Yuma Prison today. Quite a story there. Missed seeing it last year. Tomorrow Wednesday going to Mexico to see dentist for cleaning.

Beautiful day yesterday, after the rains. Cool and windy start, then great afternoon.

Time for me and Pebbles to hit the sack. Got to be ready for Mexico tomorrow.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:15 AM   #17394

Poured first cup of coffee. 16° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 35° with partly cloudy skies. Installed a ceiling fan in bedroom yesterday. Remote for does not work. New one on order. Taking Sassy into vet to be spayed today. Poor baby. No other plans.

Hope everyone has a safe day.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:34 AM   #17395

Temp hovering just below freezing @ 630am. Last day before next storm moves in. Hope that it fizzles and dies.but only time will tell.

Rail
Sounds like Ron needs that upgrade too ,,,,, don't want to see him fading in the rear view ! Remember last summer's motto,,,, he shall not be left behind again !
Old 02-12-2020, 08:18 AM   #17396

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Popeye - hope the storm misses you. Enough with spiked shoes and sliding sideways.

I can recall a number of years ago it rained on the highway. There was a bunch of trucks hauling drill stem that got out of sorts, jack knifed and pipe all over the southbound lanes. A northbound car stopped to look at the mayhem. Not sure how he was able to stop as I was going about 10 mph and could feel the car squiggling. As he got out of his car he slipped, bumped the car and the car slid sideways into the ditch.

Rain is done and the puddles are disappearing. Desert will be blooming in short order. I am hoping the Joshua Trees up by Searchlight got the same rain. If so they may be in full bloom when we go skiing.

Lloyd and Deb have headed out with the Araby 4 wheelers on an A ride. Hope the trail is not too muddy and the rocks slippery. Don't follow Big Ed!!

Warming trend so today will be perfect.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:43 AM   #17397

Just wanted to brag about my wife Melissa.
She is doing so good after her cancer battle.
This was taken this morning as she was headed out for lunch with her girlfriends.

I'm still counting down. 4 weeks until I can start teaching my feet to walk again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200212_113923.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	274972  
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:20 PM   #17398

Gordon
Ice is actually the lesser of evils for me anyway, I don't have to shovel it.....and I can drive slow or better just stay home.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:15 PM   #17399

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, when I drove school bus I always said I liked ice over snow, we got the day off and I didn't have to plow, win win!
Old 02-12-2020, 09:25 PM   #17400

Gulf Streamers Club
Hoping all are well or healing. Curtis, great picture of Melissa. She is really looking good. 4 weeks will go by quickly and then the re-training of the mobility equipment.
Went to Mexico today to the dentist. Just cleaning and exam. One bad tooth, need to have removed.

Slow day tomorrow. Will be fixing something on something.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:00 PM   #17401

Good news eye surgery report.

Last year DD had her yearly apt. with her Psychiatrist. It was his first day after vacation and he was backed up for hrs. An elderly lady was extremely vocal about waiting. I asked DD if she would give up her spot for the way to vocal psych pt. DD agreed and that is how we got some peace and quiet. Taught DD some kindness and respect. The next year we booked in with the counselor. She is stable and her meds remain the same year in and year out. Took my neighbor to get a hair cut,Sams club and Walmart. This male customer got upset because he thought we were having a conversation at the exit door. We were not blocking. I loudly yelled what and my friend yelled I can't hear you. We were waiting for DH to pull the truck up to the door. Laura has a huge bag over her foot. Retail is a rough business. Take care Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:05 PM   #17402

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
"Maybe I need to book some time in Harristown. I don't need much, maybe 90 or 100 HP."

Ron, you can go to TST.com and look at the different fuel plates for the P-7100 pumps, and I believe your 5.9 has the same pump as my 8.3 P-7100 pump! They have a very good website, and very good instructions on how to do this swap! They were very prompt in their delivery, the free shipping only took a few days!
I did a lot of research about this swap, and am going to tackle it myself, with the help from Wes! I am going to swap out the governor springs also, when I do this pump work! I have good access to the pump under the bed and the fuel plate is on the top rear of the pump, the governor springs are going to be harder to get too, as they are on the side of the pump, so we'll see?! Won't know till take a good look at it I guess?
We can check yours to see if it has been changed or messed with, as they have one bolt on the fuel plate that has to have a slot cut in it with a chisel or drive a torx bit into it to remove it! And the governor spring access plug has a tamper proof wire across it, so if it is still intact, it has not been messed with!
I am hoping it won't be too bad of access, has to be better than the 12 valve 5.9's in the 94 to 98 Dodge pickups, that is for sure!
Rail!