Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2020, 08:38 AM   #17459

Morning!

64* when I got up,,,,, bit of a party last night. Slept late. Rained during the night, a good bit we got puddles! Possibly more rain today,,,, clearing tonight and sunshine tomorrow.

Janet and Gordon left early this am, off to Salt Lake City for 2 week Ski trip. They were excited!

Ronj, you make your own bandsaw blades?

Have a great day all!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2020, 09:29 AM   #17460

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, meteorological spring is next week! Of course "official" spring is really no prize!
Old 02-22-2020, 01:38 PM   #17461

And that would be exactly correct Terry !
If I still lived in Nashville.......

Allow me to clarify my reasoning.

99days 8 hours 23 minutes till I think I will feel warm again
Old 02-22-2020, 02:12 PM   #17462

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Flashback!! Found an old picture of one of our Motorhomes, been doing this a long time, LOL Click image for larger version

Name:	20200222_160915.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	275862
Old 02-23-2020, 02:16 AM   #17463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Morning!

Janet and Gordon left early this am, off to Salt Lake City for 2 week Ski trip. They were excited!

Ronj, you make your own bandsaw blades?

L.
Probably just welds them back together after they break. Wish I was set up to do that. I go through a lot of bandsaw blades. I've got two bandsaws!

Although there was a time band saw blades could be bought in a big spool and you cut cut them and made your own to your length. I think that is a lost art.

Going to get to see my Nephew today. I invited him to Church a few weeks ago. He reached out to me after turning his back on his family when he was 17. He is 46 now. So you do the math.
Looking forward to catching up with him.

His Dad, my little brother, did basically the same thing in 2006. Haven't seen hide nor hair of him since then. He dropped off the face of the earth with no explanation. And he has instructed my Nephew (his oldest son) to not tell me anything about his life. My little brother has 3 sons and i have no idea where they are, or how their lives are going. Not sure he's even aluve. Sad and hurtful.

I gave both of these 2 places to live for years after my 1st wife and I split up. They lived with me and my son while I was a struggling single parent for 10 years. It's a long sad story.

I guess when life gets tough they runaway and hide. Dunno! I'm conflicted about this.

I have missed them and the rest of that family, but not sure I want to know how bad the train wreck was, that they called their lives.

My life hasn't been peaches and cream either, but I'm still here for those that need me and haven't decided to hide.

My older brother and i still see each other. We talk on the phone every week or two.

Crud! Now I'll never get back to sleep. It's 3:15 AM Here now.

Thanks for the shoulder! Sorry for that wet spot.....
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:20 AM   #17464

Drinking first cup of coffee. 21° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 50° with lots of sun. Last of sun. Afternoons are nice enough for a short walk outside in shirt sleeves. Got my shop project done. GD coming over to clean house today.

Popeye, I have a OCD with clocks and thermometers. Got to be one in view at all times in house. But I am not a clock watcher.

Lloyd. I do weld my own blade. When I bought my 14" Grob metal band saw it came with a several 100' rolls of blade. At that time I had 2 saw's, Made about 20 of each blade up on blade welder at shop I worked at. That was in the late 70's. I thought I was down to 1 blade for Grob. Wrong found 3 more in back of a cabinet while looking for something yesterday. I still have a spool of 1/2" and 3/8" blades left. Here is a link to my other GM thread I post on. Blade Welding fixture. . I do have a couple broken blades that need welding. Here is picture of the one I built.

Curtis, spools of band saw blade can still be purchased. But people find it easier to just buy them made to size.
Rving got me in much better relationship with my sister and older brother. My younger brother has gone his own way. Enjoy your visit with nephew.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:46 AM   #17465

22* , and that's the starting temp. It MIGHT even get above freezing today !!Bright sun and few clouds,,,,this could happen...

RonJH
I didn't mean you had OCD , it's the thermometer I tell ya !!

Curtis
It would seem the nephew has doubts about dad's decision to break away from family.
He should be rewarded somehow any time now. Karma
You two have fun.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:27 AM   #17466

Good morning!

Ronj, didn't know anyone still did that. Nice jig you made.

Heard from Janet and Gordon, safe and sound in Salt Lake City. Day off today to rest up after the 12 hour drive.

Popeye, glad you are getting a little warmth!!

Terry, nice old motorhome pic. Dodge?

We had one of simular vintage.

Cooler this morning here, 55*. Should warm up to high 70's as the day goes.

Today we run the trail into the Barry Goldwater range. Hopefully the combat villiage will be open for all to see.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:05 AM   #17467

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
Drinking first cup of coffee. 21° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 50° with lots of sun. Last of sun. Afternoons are nice enough for a short walk outside in shirt sleeves. Got my shop project done. GD coming over to clean house today.

Popeye, I have a OCD with clocks and thermometers. Got to be one in view at all times in house. But I am not a clock watcher.

Lloyd. I do weld my own blade. When I bought my 14" Grob metal band saw it came with a several 100' rolls of blade. At that time I had 2 saw's, Made about 20 of each blade up on blade welder at shop I worked at. That was in the late 70's. I thought I was down to 1 blade for Grob. Wrong found 3 more in back of a cabinet while looking for something yesterday. I still have a spool of 1/2" and 3/8" blades left. Here is a link to my other GM thread I post on. Blade Welding fixture. . I do have a couple broken blades that need welding. Here is picture of the one I built.

Curtis, spools of band saw blade can still be purchased. But people find it easier to just buy them made to size.
Rving got me in much better relationship with my sister and older brother. My younger brother has gone his own way. Enjoy your visit with nephew.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
I see you’re brazing the blades. Bud who has the saw mill has a couple of saw blade welders and his are all fusion. Electrical pulse fuses the blades together. Think of what happens when you drop that a box end wrench across the terminals of the battery in the truck.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:44 AM   #17468

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Pictures
What was that? I at first thought it was a F-16 But I don't think so.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:46 AM   #17469

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We had the blade welders on our saws when I was in the AF and at Lockheed. They used resistance to weld the blades together and there was a grinder and gages. You ground down the weld till it would pass through the guides. You could also aneal the blade to make it last longer. Later thy started having the blades available ready made through the tool crib.
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:51 PM   #17470

Harvey, a blade welder to do a saw mill blade has to have a lot of amps on 220 volts. Blade welder on 110 can do up to 1/2” blades. I do not have access to an electric one anymore. So Silver Soldering is how I do. I have done it a couple of times without a fixture. But time consuming and not very accurate. It did allow me to get project done without waiting for a new blade to arrive. It will be awhile before I weld up a blade. Have to do a repair on my belt sander.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:10 PM   #17471

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
What was that? I at first thought it was a F-16 But I don't think so.
Bill
First is a F4 Phantom. Second is a F14 Tomcat.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:11 AM   #17472

Coffee is done brewing. 28° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 46° with cloudy skies. House is clean. Yesterday was a great day for a walk. All the critters that are around my place were out enjoying warm weather. No plans for today.

Harvey, are you talking from experience with shorted battery.

Everyone have a great day.

Good Morning All.