Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2020, 08:41 AM   #17711

Good morning!

54* here headed to 72*.

Charlie, good for you. I would be equally nervous about renting my RV, fingers crossed it all goes well for you. Good luck with your home closing!!!

Our trailer is packed as much as we are going to do at this point, it is also moved to a easier access parking spot. Motorcycle is tied down, wheel chocks for the bicycles are ready, kayaks are onboard. Got to go back to it this morning, forgot to install TPMS sensors. It is our new system we purchased at the Quartzsite rally so need to make sure all the senors work. New system controler has a built in battery, so I can carry it up there and verify they work.

To all those healing get well. Those on the road safe travels!!!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2020, 08:53 AM   #17712

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't understand the park closings. To me I would rather be in the middle of nowhere North America with space between me and my closest neighbour than stuck in downtown anywhere North America with crowds of people. Where am I most likely to catch this virus?
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:27 AM   #17713

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Upper deck on trailer packed. Today will air tires. Leave the TPMS for a few days. Have new batteries so will not take long. Turned trailer around for ease of hooking to coach. Half a day to clean up around the coach and ready to go.

Checked weather and not good for a few days. Window opens on the 28. Keeping water tank topped up so if necessary could leave in a few hours.

Stay safe and healthy. Wash your hands, don't touch your face, wash your hands, avoid unnecessary contact, wash your hands.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:14 PM   #17714

41* 5pm 90% sun all day 25mph of windchill out of N took any fun out of it though.....

Finally got my friend out for his Bday .But he wouldn't eat any food he didn't prepare and didn't bring a cake we hiked a trail along the ocean (on the lee side of the wind)..
his 5 days of not being old has come to an end for another year..
I had to force myself to eat a half pound of shrimp poor me......

Just as we were leaving about 25 cars showed up and filled the parking lot. good timing.

My volunteer job is closed so it's gonna be an easy night...

Looks like planning the trips home has an extra level of consideration this year...hope all get back safe and easy!
Old 03-21-2020, 06:17 PM   #17715

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey everybody
Doing well
Saw 3 snowbirds coming home today on Hwy welcome home.
Those on the way too your S&B safe journey.
Thx again for prayers.
See ya in Michigan
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #17716

That’s awesome Tim
Old 03-21-2020, 10:48 PM   #17717

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Tim, great news, buddy!

Everyone on the road or heading out to back home soon, careful, safe trip!

Popeye, take care, have some of those Haddock chunks for me!

We are all good here, everything is normal, but our store is very busy, keeping us hopping!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 03-22-2020, 02:14 AM   #17718

safe travels to all those headed home.

Passing along covid -19 tips. If you get a take out container handed to you by a worker handle it with gloves and wash your hands. No putting it in your ref. Wear gloves to pump gas ans throw the gloves away. Don't put the gloves in your vehicle. Can't believe some people i know. They won't practice social distancing and think nothing about gathering for a pot luck dinner. You can't fix stupid!!
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 04:07 AM   #17719

Finished first cup of coffee. 18° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 40° with partly cloudy skies. It's my fault. I took snow blade off tractor last week. 3" of snow forecast for Sunday night.
GD was scheduled to come and clean house today. Not happening. Told her not to worry. She can come and do spring cleaning in a couple of weeks. Spend a couple of days with me.
Today is one week of hunkered down. Will run out of milk tomorrow. Can I survive without it.

Tim, good news. Another prayer to keep good reports coming.

All those preparing the trip home. Be careful and safe.

Safe travels for those on the road.

Popeye, birthday walk must have been good. But no birthday cake. Double up next year.

Rail, good to hear you are doing OK.

Ann, good suggestions. I carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer in pocket. When done pumping gas. I use it before getting back in car.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:39 AM   #17720

Well, I guess this is one time I'm glad I'm home.
We're doing ok. Got food, water, milk and even getting eggs from a neighbors chickens.

Legs and feet are working. Complaining, but working better slightly every day that passes. Going to be a long road back to normal.
Grass needs cutting, but it won;t stop raining....
At least the roof doesn't leak.
Church today via Facebook Live!

Safe travels!

Nan noo, nan noo and live long and prosper!
Old 03-22-2020, 04:47 AM   #17721

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good day from houma Louisiana

After coffee I'll swing by the auto parts or Walmart and get a package of them auto mechanics disposable gloves , great cheap throw a ways when handling gas or diesel fuel pump nozzles and key touch pads .that and hand sanitizer starts my day . Hope yours is in good health.
jaearhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:51 AM   #17722

9am , 20* , 100% sun ,, but it's a "cold" sun...

Welcome to the goodmorning group forum jaearhart !

How's the news from cajun swamp country ?
Old 03-22-2020, 08:37 AM   #17723

Good morning all!

Jaearhart,,, hope you find those gloves. I do not believe there are any left here in Yuma. Harbor Freight sold every pair, of every kind of gloves they have. Looks like the TP shelves, empty. Hearing from others it is the same all around town. Welcome to the goodmorning thread!

Weather should be mid-70's today. Some wind. It is often windy here.

I have the day off today! We are going to be good citizens and practice social distancing and head deep into the desert. Ben is leading the way, Frank is tail gunner. All I got to do is follow. We are headed back to the hill that many had trouble getting up last year. The equiptment has changed, and the driver skills are much higher. Will report back.

Curtis, glad you are starting to get back on your feet. Just need time now. Get well.

Lynne and Jerry came by and brought Deb and I a pack of TP yesterday, and beans that are hard to get around here. Jerry figured out a little system. Stores here are limiting 1 per customer. If you get to the register with more than 1 they take it away and put it by the registers in a cart for someone to go restock. Jerry checks those carts, if he sees something need requests and they say sure,,, but just one. Smart man!

Tim, you are sounding great! Great to hear!

Have a nice day all!

L.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:45 AM   #17724

Traffic from Yuma to I-20 along I-10 was light. We filled up in Van Horn TX $2.45
Diesel.

I-20 north has been light. In fact we’re going to go the short way through Dallas heading home because we’re hoping the traffic will be light.

Diesel on I-20 has been as low as $2.25.