Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2020, 04:51 PM   #18663

Winnebago Owners Club
You guys know the new manager. He drives a gray jeep and goes by the name Charlie Hoffman
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2020, 05:16 PM   #18664

Gulf Streamers Club
I received my reservation confirmation for December this year. Received this week. Anyone else received their confirmations?

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:01 PM   #18665

Fixing the weed wacker.

DH has a lighter gas/oil weed wacker that he uses. When he weed wackes at church it takes about one hr. Went out today and discovered the wacker was leaking a little gasoline. Changed over to the bigger gas line that he purchased at the local hardware store. Then he put in some mechanics fix it solution that will sit over night. Changed to a new fuel filter. The only other part he can change out is the carb.diaphragm. Tomorrow we are going to start washing and waxing the truck. I think it will take us three days to vaccum it out,was the inside truck bed. Then vaccum the rugs and shampoo and scotch guard.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:30 AM   #18666

First cup of coffee is cooling. 50° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 85° with late afternoon thunderstorms. Got barn door project started. Cut metal backing for hinges. Will not get anymore done today. Shopping this morning with Aunt. Then help neighbor build new ladder/stairs for Play set. Until storms move in.

Charlie, sorry about that. Projects are not that 4 letter word.

Harvey, stuff will still get done. Barn door project is a easy one. It is in the shade in afternoon.

Everyone be healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:43 AM   #18667

65* at 6:30am high predicted for 80*.

Mom's car is safe for her again.
Of course I still can't take her anywhere due to the lockup at the home........

Finally managed to get some line wet yesterday.
Choppy , muddy and swimmers and jumpers so no fish .
But it's a start.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:06 AM   #18668

Good morning all!

67* here headed for 89*. Partly cloudy.

Good trip to Delaware, no issues. Sad event, everyone will miss Jimmy. Deb followed us back in the car, good to have her home.

We camped at the Dover AFB RV park for service members. Very nice. It is a big transport base, rows of C5A's, C130's, and C17's. Lots of traffic in and out, and lots of training runs, watching touch and goes, low level passes and practice of combat landings. Fun stuff. Had a oportunity to stand next to a C5A, what a amazingly huge machine.

First long run in the coach without something in tow. Got 8.8mpg on one tank. No genny running and good roads that tank.

Charles as manager, that explains a lot. He should be good. Seems like a regular guy.

RonS, recvd our confirmation for our site Monday in the mail. You are stuck with us next door!

They are tightening restrictions here, covid cases increasing.

Paint job tomorrow. 2,100 ft with 2-3 gates and near buildings etc.. Gonna be a slow one keeping everything covered and the paint only on the fence.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:06 AM   #18669

Alpine Owners Club
Good morning everyone from Lake Havasu, AZ where it's a balmy 88* at 5 AM in the morning.........and it's only going to be a "Buck-eight" later today

Man we can't wait to head for the mountains of Utah and Colorado in a week

Hope you all have an amazing day!!
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:49 AM   #18670

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee was good this am with cool temps last night that made for good sleeping.

It's our Son Ross's birthday today and just got done talking to him. He drives truck at night. So far they have not had any problems with protestors and hope that continues.

Been working out at the club getting some things done there. Maintenance type things, cleaning and moping, will be painting the outdoor range toilet building. We have a 85 yr old man who mows the 8 acre site on a 5 ft deck mower. The 1953 brush hog has been difficult to keep running and it is beyond me how to use it. Have been getting prices on a newer tractor 25 horse with mower deck, brush hog, and snow plow attachments. Some areas are mowed once a week and others every two weeks. I know nothing about mowers but no one else has been willing to get prices so I took it on. Now to see if the board will actually decide to make a decision.

I have been fixing breakfast for an old man in the next town over. He is a hoot! Love talking with him.

Aware they have a new manager at the RV park. Hope the man has a more temperate personality. Also hope we all get back there and the pool is open. Seems strange that we have been back over a month already and only 3 1/2 months until we head back again.

Lloyd, was very sorry to hear about Deb's Dad.

RonJ, beautiful blue bird.

Hope the rest of you are doing well. I think i need to get to work on my flower beds. I decided to remove most of them and put stones in with some potted flowers for color. It is getting to be too much to take care of them. Love the looks of them but the work to keep them weeded is too much for me.

Take care all, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:45 AM   #18671

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Good to hear you are getting your reservation confirmations. We are concerned that the border may not open for the coming season. It seems like Arizona is one of the hot spots. Word today is that they figure there may be 10X the number of confirmed cases. Hoping that by fall the infection will be burned out. Insurance may be an issue.

We are officially empty nesters. The last chick left the nest sometime last evening. Saw the third one leave about noon.

I have met Charlie and he seems to be a good guy. I think he will have a different management style than Tom. I would not have thought he would have time for the job as he was late in coming down last season and left a couple times. Perhaps now they will get rid of all of the parked vehicles in that corner and around the end!!!

Cloudy today with showers. Still have trees to cut but they will be there tomorrow if I don't get out. Supposed to have showers until Monday. Garden is doing OK, but weeds are doing better!

Hope you have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:39 AM   #18672

It sure is a small world. My Dad (CMSGT E-9) was stationed at Norton AFB @ San Bernadino back in the late 60's early 70's.

Since I was in my last year of High School My Senior Year was a Pacific HS. Class of 69.
Graduated and went to College at SBVC. Was a DJ while in College there to earn race car money. Riverside Raceway was my second home with my buddies.

I left Berdoo in June of 71 and came home to our Family's Home Base of Fort Worth, TX. Still near Cowtown.
I was born at Carswell. Mom & Dad retired in 74 and moved in with me in my efficiency apt in Hurst.

Been back 3 times to San Bernadino and even drove by our old home on 38th street near Del Rosa St. Still looks the same only you can actually see the mountains behind the house. A rare sight when I lived there.

I enjoyed living there, mainly for the racing, but the smog was hard on me because of my asthma.

Made my living in outside. Tried Office Jobs and just couldn't hack it. Tried warehouse jobs but found myself sneaking outside the doors every chance I got.

Then I got on with the Power Company and found where I belonged. We rarely worked on the same piece of ground more than a few days iin a row. Always outdoors, in the heat, rain, snow and wind. I LOVED IT! Love working up high and on "hot" high voltage wires! Because it was not a job many could do. The view from my "Office" was always a special thing for me.

36 years and I got too old to work poles anymore. (As a Technician I worked out of a bucket truck mostly) But still, the heat took it's toll on my old body. Along other damage from the "on the job" accidents. It was a dangerous way to make a living.
Getting outside and working hard in the heat is getting harder for me too!

Got the air conditioner in my Off Road truck working again. Took 3 times longer than it used to. Somehow "Dawn to Dusk "isn't in my vocabulary anymore. Honestly, I don't miss those day that much........

Ya'll have a good day. Gotta run.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:07 PM   #18673

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hello everyone,

It's 106* this afternoon here in Tucson. I thought it was cloudy out until I went out to the Jeep to get something. What I am seeing is smoke from the Big Horn Fire. So thick it's obscuring the sun.

It has now burned 88,046 acres. Summer Haven remains threatened but as of 2pm this afternoon no damage to homes or businesses there.

There are 24 Hand on crews, 6 dozers, 87 tractors, 10 water-tenders, 10 helicopters, five C-10's, and 1,196 total personnel fighting this thing. We remain about 5-6 miles from the active fire and at night we can see the top of the Catalina;s burning quite vigorously.

I can't believe how hard these firefighter have worked on our behalf. Incredible efforts from the all but the hands on personnel deserve medals for their work hand clearing fire breaks. Especially in this heat. We have 30-35mph winds slated for this afternoon. That's not good.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:32 PM   #18674

Curtis

Glad you're enjoying your new pace of life ,, you EARNED it fer sure !

My second Campground job after retiring from the self inflicted ear damage one ,, I had a job in a bucket truck for a couple of seasons at a campground I worked at as an electrician.
glass booms make the high lines quite a bit less scary eh !.
I still have a parts tray full of burndys.....

Wonderful tools those trucks ! We set a lot of poles with it and a backhoe/tractor We even set trusses on a new laundry the wood guys were building with it. She was a biggun. Ex power co. ( Then spent 2 weeks wiring washers and dryers , the lights and then plumbed the gas to the dryers and the water heaters.)

I LOVED the service body compartments. I set one up for building power pedestals and replaced ? maybe 50 or 60 one season .....My workamper partner on that job was an old union master , he kept telling me I was killing the job ,,,(I did more on his days off than we both did on the other three days)
We did a lot of chasing problems in the trees...the boss' dad strung the lines on live trees when he built the place ~ 30 years before .
Windy days were busy.

Every guy should be issued one on his 21st birthday IMO.

That CG was a hoot , they had an old surplus fleet..The bucket , a fire truck , a road grader ( the driveway was 3 miles long ) and two of each ..excavators , loaders , dozers , tractors and about 10 uninspectable pickups..when one died , we'd just grab another from the lot

Lloyd
Good to see you're both back home safe.

C&M
That fire sure doesn't sound good.
Sorry to hear you were downwind today.

Gordon
Hope they open the gates in time .
Old 06-27-2020, 04:31 AM   #18675

Drinking first cup of coffee. 67° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 84° with partly cloudy skies. Got shopping done and stairs done at neighbors. Then sat on his porch and watched storms go every direction other than out places. Did get 1 1/8" rain overnight. Back to barn door project today. Trip to Menards for couple of hinges.

Popeye, always good to read about others jobs.

Lynne, maybe I will not get much done on barn. WEEDS may come first.

Charlie, hope they get the fires under control soon.

Llyod, glad you made it back from Delaware safe.

Everyone be safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:44 AM   #18676

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Curtis

Glad you're enjoying your new pace of life ,, you EARNED it fer sure !

My second Campground job after retiring from the self inflicted ear damage one ,, I had a job in a bucket truck for a couple of seasons at a campground I worked at as an electrician.
glass booms make the high lines quite a bit less scary eh !.
I still have a parts tray full of burndys.....
I loved working out of bucket trucks. It was fun to touch the wires and them arc to my tools when working on stuff hot. New guys always jumped when that happened. I always told them working on electric wires hot, was like being a lion tamer, only with rattlesnakes. One mistake and they will bite you dead. Most normal guys didn't have the heart for it. They were either too scared or too bold. The bold ones usually were the ones I feared the most because they were the one's that killed others.

Would you believe it, still have an MD6 tool, but only a few dies? And a set of ratcheting guy wire and cable cutters. Plus the usual hand tools by the dozen. Probably have 6 sets of 9" Kliens side cutter pliers. A box full of worn out skinning knives too. We sharpened them with files rather than stones. So they didn't last long.
I still have my Bashlin climbing belt (with an almost new safety) and hooks. One set for poles and a set for trees.
Should have sold that stuff off after I retired because I swore I was done climbing poles.

Almost bought a small bucket truck to do security light maintenance, and stuff, but decided I'd rather build custom mototcycles.

Speaking of which I gotta run. Riding my bike to breakfast a few towns over to meet up with my buddies at a little cafe we hit every Saturday.
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote