Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2020, 05:48 AM   #18775

Good morning all!

72*, 90% humidity!!! Overcast, more showers predicted today. About 9:30pm yesterday, the bottom fell out and it rained very hard for about 30 mins. Serious rain. More of the same expected today at times. Headed for 87*.

Steve, I at times flat tow our JK 2-door. Have a LOD front bumper with brackets included to use our Blue Ox tow bar. Works great. We are also running 35's. On big trips, we take our enclosed trailer,,,,, with a bunch more stuff.

No fence yet, utility locators have not showed up. Maybe today.

Have a great day all!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2020, 06:11 AM   #18776

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Very nice rain last night that we desperately needed. Plants, grass, and trees, flowers look much better this am. Came down for about 3 minutes around 4pm and then hit hard around 6pm for more than an hour. Love the smell of rain.

Had new neighbors move in down the road less than a year ago. Last night about 10:30 I could hear rather loud arguing. There was a pick up in the drive and people standing outside. Next thing I know one guy is on the ground holding, I think his son, and the other guy gets in his truck and starts to drive off. Three State Police cars come flying in and two go after truck driving off and the other goes to the house. Guess someone did something that irritated someone else.

We have lived here 25 yrs and never had police out here for fights. I think I need to be further out in the country with no one around us.

The birds are very happy Jerry is back since he is stocking their feeders. Bird baths have been very busy lately too. I have to fill them daily.

Had a nice talk with Marilee the other day. Miss just being able to cross the site behind me and go visit whenever I want. One of the things I like about River's Edge. Good neighbors.

Hope you all are doing well and taking care of each other. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:05 AM   #18777

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Golf cancelled yesterday in favor of water polo. Rained another 1 3/4" yesterday. Still raining.

Tomorrow and Friday are supposed to be sunny/cloudy. Then more wet stuff for a few days. Garden is growing weeds like crazy. Too wet to do much with it. Brussel sprouts like it but the watermelon not so much.

Neighbors pond is now a small lake. Thinking of taking Janet's kayak out for speed trials!!

Nice paint job Ron. Looking forward to seeing it next December.

Continuing to self isolate except for going grocery shopping. Distancing is pretty much adhered to most of the time.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:50 PM   #18778

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Been a rough week here in the "Land of Smiles"
I have not posted this yet because then it makes it real!
Just got the test results back from Jira's annual checkup, she has breast cancer. She is at the hospital now talking with the Dr. and i think she will be admitted for surgery tonight! It is stage 0/1, so caught very early, and only in one breast. Her physical was 5 days ago, so things are moving very quickly, scans, mammograms, biopsy, all done very quickly! Sorry, no posts about this as i was hoping and praying is was benign! Prayers for Jira are appreciated! Stan!
Old 07-08-2020, 10:17 PM   #18779

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Stan, so soooo sorry to hear this my friend. Mega prayers from here for successful surgery and super speedy recovery. It is good that it was caught early.
Give Jira our best, let her know we're pullin' for her.....and you too.
Take care, God's strength be with you both.
Keep us posted.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 11:11 PM   #18780
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Stan, Thoughts and Prayers for Jira, you, and the family.
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:36 AM   #18781

Stan, prayers for Jira you and family.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:10 AM   #18782

Poured first cup of coffee. 67° with some fog this morning. Heading to 91° with sunny skies and possibility of thunderstorms in evening. Got .19" rain yesterday. Just enough to make weeds grow. Went to pickup my prescription at Walmart yesterday. Pulled into a parking space that call this number to pickup a prescription. Called and a few minutes later it was delivered to my car. I was worried about going into store with dog in car and having to leave them out in the heat. Then went to Aunts place and repaired a couple of electronic items that had quit working for her. Well not so much as to figure out how they work. My day will start with me installing a new Camera door bell on back door. The stay in the cool house.

Popeye, I was hoping I could get to use the red barn paint brush. Oh well the offer is still there.

Paul, I used the Ready Brute Elite tow bar for many years. Never had a problem. People who bought my motorhome bought it from me to tow their Jeep.

Gordon, I self isolate most of the time. Then wear protection whenever I go out. People like my Aunt who also self isolates. She and my sons are the only houses I have visited in 4 months. She is a clean freak. Always wiping things down with disinfectant. Some areas in her house are going to need painting before long.

Lloyd, hope you find the utility locators soon.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:13 AM   #18783

Good morning all!

Stan, please pass a bg ole hug for Jira! Prayers for both of you! Glad this was caught early.

72*, headed for 88*. Partly cloudy is the forecast. 10% chance of rain after 3pm.

Utility locators both showed up around 1pm yesterday. Got to move one fence some as a post is right on the electrical line. Got one post set (16 to go) and a seconds hole bored then had to quit to go get my hairs cut. Not all my hairs, but a lot of them.

Yesterday we scheduled to go work a fence paint job this afternoon. However got texted around 10pm last night that it was pouring rain there, now need to hold off and let the fence dry.

Two weeks from today we should be headed to Deb's families annual camping family reunion. This will be the 30th year of the event, first without her father. Deb and I have missed one, the year I had brain surgery. Destination this year Hershey, Pa..

Gordon, I ordered another bottle of sealant. Going to do the coach again before we head to Hershey. Did you ever get to yours? Very impressed with how long this lasted. Dirt, grime etc. just slide off.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:00 AM   #18784

Gulf Streamers Club
Stan, so sorry to hear that Jira has breast cancer. Good that it was caught early. Prayers for her, and you, and all the family.
Another hot one here in central Texas. 80 at 7am. Feel like 100 at noon. Hope to finish paint on passenger side of coach this morning. Picture today if all goes well.
Time for Pebbles to take me for a walk and then get at it.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:01 AM   #18785

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Stan, prayers for Jira, you, and all of her family there. Catching this early is very important in the outcome and they can do so much more now than they used to.

Stay safe all, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:11 AM   #18786

Hang in there Rail. It’s going to work out just fine. When Glenda got her diagnosis it was, “only option is mastectomy as soon as possible because this cancer is so aggressive.” She went with losing both breasts to lessen chances of it coming back. Of course if it comes back now in the lungs, bones, brain etc it will still be breast cancer.

We were close before but we’re so much closer now. I suspect her response when family found out that they would be there to take care of her made a big difference because she made me a critical part of the process. Her response was, “Harvey’s got this.” That took me places I never thought I was the kind of guy to go. That was fall of 2015.

Once again, y’all got this.

I’ve got a dress camo hat to go with my “cure” bandana mask.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5CCC3075-7773-413F-A547-09FBEFA952A5.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	415.5 KB
ID:	292433  
Old 07-09-2020, 06:20 AM   #18787

Starting Saturday out temps are projected with 100º plus with feel likes in the 110’s.

Oh Joy.

Today we start stretching 1800’ of 52” goat fence. I’m so glad the feel likes will only be in the 105º range.

Stay out there and mask up. The big corporate stores, Krogers, Albertsons, Lowes, etc are very serious about the state mask up law here. Local yokels, not so much. It’s a political hoax after all.

Be kind because some people don’t wear socks.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:23 AM   #18788

Alpine Owners Club
Good morning everyone.......we are getting a very later start this morning as we were up till 2 AM working on our electrical upgrade on the coach.

We spent 2 days upgrading our 20 YO system converting our 2000W MSW inverter/charger to dual 3000W Inverter/chargers capable of producing 240V for planned Mini-split dual zone AC and heating system

We also converted our existing Lithium battery bank from 12V to 24V which will allow us to more effectively charge the batteries from our existing 1600W solar system.

Now we just need to get the wiring cleaned up, do some final adjustments and last little bit of "Stuff" done before we head to the mountains for a few weeks, hopefully with most of it "Off the grid"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0530.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	292454   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0527.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	280.6 KB
ID:	292455  

Name:	IMG_0523.jpg