Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2020, 07:01 AM   #18803

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Lloyd,
Around 50% of the new cases are in San Luis and Somerton due to people coming across the border. We are being careful when we go out, masks, hand sanitizer etc.
Harvey
ElCentro has been sending patients to other areas, not Yuma as far as I know. Last night on news, they said 154 covid patients in Yuma hospital with 37 of those in ICU. Pheonix is where the hot spot is with 1 in 3 testing positive.

Supposed to go to 117* Sunday, not going out much.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2020, 07:50 AM   #18804

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Nice day yesterday but evening thunder boomers hit just after 9 pm. Got a note on my weather app at 8:59 that storm was predicted at 9:04. At 9:05 it started to sprinkle and by 10 we were in a full blown downpour. Gauge says we got about 1/2". Happened in a couple hours.

Sun is shining this morning. We are in for a glorious day. With the heat we will get higher humidity (currently 96%). I expect we will be getting storms again this evening once the day cools and the moisture condenses. Just hope the convective currents are not strong enough to form hail.

Potatoes are starting to bloom. New potatoes soon.

The coach is looking great Ron. Makes me want to get ours out to wash and then polish. Checked yesterday and it was too wet to walk without leaving tracks. Then the additional rain last night.

Today is a golf day. This is the first time in a long while where the rain probability is very low during our tee time.

If nothing else the high humidity is showing us the windows are still sealed. Every window in the house had condensation on them this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:05 AM   #18805

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
Jira is out of surgery and doing good! Thank you all for your heart felt thoughts and prayers! Jira just loved them, and put a really big smile on her face!
Paul, that solar and battery system sounds a lot like the Bus Grease Monkeys system! Since he put the mini-split in his bus, he has been so happy!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
guardrail53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #18806

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Stan, we've never met you and Jira but please extend our best wishes for a speedy recovery to her from us.

Just sitting in the sun for a bit then back out to help with resurrecting the RV & Motel unit my niece and nephew bought last winter. Coming along slow but sure and the RV sites are pretty well all up and running. Old place with no pull through units and 30A max unless you have a converter.

The place will be a gold mine once they finish all the improvements they plan. Beautiful area and lots to do recreationaly for the healthy and upwardly mobile.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:18 PM   #18807

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Great news Rail! Glad to hear it. More prayers from here for very speedy recovery.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 10:20 PM   #18808

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like a nice place Dennis, love to see some pics sometime.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:27 PM   #18809

Good news on Jira !!

Continued prayers and well wishes. We have had some thunder and lightening. Some short rain with a greater chance tomorrow and Sunday. DD took us out for our 38th wedding anniversary to Olive Garden. We were the only ones in our section of the restaurant. Melissa's new Residental Habilitation worker has worked out very well. They put in enough hrs to get her bedroom cleaned. Must have taken at least eight bags to the GoodWill. She no longer has computer equipment on the floor. Our malls are starting to open up with reduced occupancy and mask use.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:48 AM   #18810

Coffee is done brewing. 62° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 84° with some sun shine. Canceled shopping and went to check out a tent renting place at local state park with my aunt. TentRR. Seems a little expensive. Then thunderstorms came in. Got .27" rain with a lot of lighting.

Stan, good news. Special prayers for Jira's recovery.

Lynne, your post remained me to look at my CPL. Good until next June. But I have not shot either of my pistols in a couple of years. Need to get some time at local gun range. Maybe it's time to try out their dinner and range time special.

Moose, place sounds great. Any pictures?

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:14 AM   #18811

Alpine Owners Club
Good morning everyone from amazing Ouray Colorado where the current temp is 54*.......MARVELOUS!!!

We got a little bit of a late start yesterday leaving Price, UT where we were finishing up our solar/inverter upgrade and didn't get on the road till 2PM arriving a little after 7:30 last night......man were we beat!!

In any case the new system really rocks, we can run one rooftop unit on the road while driving now and still make enough power (Solar and DC-DC charging from the alternator) to still be charging the batteries.......imagine that no generator, run rooftop AC and STILL CHARGE BATTERIES......we are thrilled to say the least.

Here are a few pics I took yesterday while we were wrapping up.
  • 1st picture looking down into cabinet, 2 24V/3000W inverter Chargers with 140A total charging capacity (same as 280A@12V), with Solar controller/charger at lower right of photo
  • 2nd photo is straight on but program rotated it 90* and shows inverters as well as dual 24-12V converters to run existing 12V electrical systems as well as controller that gathers all data on system and displays on next photo.
  • 3rd photo - control panel for monitoring and controlling system
  • 4th photo is the lithium battery bank with copper bus bars to really clean up the wiring in the new battery compartment inside the coach.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0552.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	292717   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0556(1).jpg
Views:	23
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	292718  

Name:	IMG_0533.jpg
Size:	268.7 KB
ID:	292719   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0530.jpg
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	292720  

2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:04 AM   #18812

Good morning all!

73*, Carolina Blue Sky, headed for 93*. No rain, or clouds forecasted today or tomorrow.

There was a 20% chance of T strorms yesterday,,,,,, well about 7pm at our place it turned to 100%. We had a real bad one come thru.. Have yet to go out and check for damage.

Unfortunatly had the truck trailer loaded to go paint today, job is about 10 miles away. Owner texted last night and said they got soaked as well. Hopefully will dry out today, and we can get in there tomorrow.

Neighbor asked me to mow his 6 acre pasture. Decided great time to run the flail. Like it even more. No mess flying out of it, and all the clippings mulched. Good stuff.

Paul, that is a very cool system. Have been wondering about those. We see many in the Yuma area setup with them dry camping for the entire season. Are you planning to dry camp now in Colorado. How do you deal with water, and sewer?

I picked up fence boards yesterday, purchased a full bundle (105 boards) my fence boss paid for it, I will payback for however many I use.

Rail, hope Jira is continueing on her great recovery.

RonS, I assume you now have started on the drivers side?

RonJ, How is the barn coming?

Gordon, if you can find enough of a dry stretch to get the coach out and wash it, can you put back in the barn and detail inside? Enough light etc?

Have a great day all!

L.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200710_100512.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	610.0 KB
ID:	292725  
Old 07-11-2020, 06:12 AM   #18813
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
Here are a few pics I took yesterday while we were wrapping up.
Paul: Thanks for the photos!

Where is this cabinet? I see some drawer slides in the first two photos.

Where are the batteries located? I am guessing that they are under the bed and next to the diesel main engine compartment. Am I right?

Why those locations instead of a basement compartment?
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:14 AM   #18814

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Another hot hot day here in central Texas. Did not get much done yesterday outside. Buttoned up passenger side of coach except for forward awning attachment. Nothing inside wall to screw bolts into, been gluing in reinforcements and will see this morning if that worked. Will be prepping driver side lower section that gets turquoise paint today. Before turning coach around. Better shade and seating on that side, along with a large outdoor fan. Heat advisory for us here for the foreseeable future. Lloyd, your side is going to take some time.

ron and pebbles
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:27 AM   #18815

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks CWK....that's very nice
So the original factory inverter location was under the dresser in the bedroom so we just used the same location.....with a few more items of course

The Batteries are indeed at the foot of the bed, which incidentally is directly above the original battery bay so wiring them in there was too much work actually (relatively speaking). We moved them inside as lithium like the same temps as you and I, also keeps them clean and there is a well-insulated firewall between the engine bay.

Lloyd we truly love to camp in remote locations and plan to do just that here in Colorado and will explore around today in the jeep to find some.

Our coach has 100GA Fresh and Gray tanks as well as a 70GA Black tank so we are good for 2 weeks at a time between moves (sometimes longer).....which seems just about perfect.
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:07 AM   #18816

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Went golfing/water poloing yesterday. Course was quite wet. Balls generally landed with a splash and there were numerous rooster tails! Couple areas the water had lifted the sod so there would be a great area that looked like a water bed. Still got around and had a great time.

Today is lawn mowing. Not going to be able to mow everything as there are a couple low areas with standing water but will be able to do most of it.

Lloyd. I opted out of putting a concrete pad in front of the shed because the shed has a gravel floor. Also opted out of gravel in front of the shed. Normally it is dry enough that the grass will support the coach or trucks without too much damage. Right now the 150 leaves tracks. Will take a few days to dry out and we have a promising forecast.

Lighting in the shed is not sufficient to do a good job of polishing. I have some portable lights I have used in the past but am considering upgrading the existing lighting. I am trying to figure out how much light is enough. Reading the information I can find it seems like about 1000 lumens per square meter is about what is needed. That gives 253,000 lumens in 24 light fixtures. Not a lot of economically priced fixtures are of the 10,000 lumen output. May have to rethink. Will have to think about this some more and do a bit more research.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.