Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #19027

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We are located not too far from Brookes and the day went quickly from warm sunshine to very high winds and threatening skies. Got a few drops of rain but my computer started warning us of the possibility of golf ball sized hail and slight possibilities of Tornadoes.

Suspect we have a thermostat problem with our Cummings and will attempt to find a service center today.

Next move is to Calgary for a few days to visit my granddaughter and her husband and a miscellaneous collection of friends and relatives.

Early next week we should be in the vicinity of Gordon and Janet. Looking forward to having coffee with them.

Looking to be another beautiful day with lots of sunshine.

I hope y'all have a great day after such a fine morning.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2020, 08:52 AM   #19028

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!

Popeye, and everyone else, keep sending the flowers! Jira loves them!

Lloyd, I fixed many a truckers air horns with a hammer, or a tire knocker, just tap the air horn lightly while someone is holding the lanyard down! I have had stuff shoot out of them that you would not believe!

Terry and Butch, hope the rain and tornadoes miss you guys! Your town does not have the best record for lots of rain!

Tim, no short camping trips?

Bobby has been posting on FB, so he is ok!

Curtis, glad to see you on Harvey's thread!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 08-04-2020, 11:23 AM   #19029

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Thanks RonJ. I am trying my best. But not complaining, rather be hot than cold.
Lloyd,
Grey Ghost is doing great , waiting to test her on a little harder trails this fall and winter.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:44 AM   #19030

Gulf Streamers Club
Frank, I have seen advertised sliders for Jeeps that also have electric steps. Have you looked at those?

rsp
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:56 AM   #19031

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon,

Overcast and cooler today. Sleeping has been great and that hot cup of coffee in the morning has been lovely.

Just picked beans in my small garden. Lovely! This keeps up and my freezer will be stocked well on the bean count. Of course we have to eat some while at it too. Beets are getting there.

I have decided to stop looking for a rig until after the elections or first of the year. Been disappointed one too many times. I am busy enough that I can put the time in other areas. I've seen anything close to us anyway. When it is right it will happen.

Otherwise, time to start clearing out the house. Thin the {things} or {stuff} that we collect and no longer need. I had kept all the kids toys and toy box, table and chairs, rocking horse and baby bed and they don't want them, no Grandkids, so time for it all to go. All the Christmas trees and decorations too. Old luggage that we have not used in years. Will do a nice job of emptying the basement of {stuff}. That way, when & if we sell the house, less {stuff) to deal with at the time.

Would like to find a small 2 bedroom house with a barn and some property. Hopefully a place where I can make a range and the barn for the rig and Jerry's tools and bench. He likes to work in the garage and it would be nice for him to have a good place to do that. We do not need a big house any longer. Would also put in the electric and water and dump connections for the rig.

Nieces are coming up from Louisiana and Indiana to visit and see some friends. I am setting up the rig at a local CG for them to stay in. It will give them privacy and the CG has a nice lake to swim in. Will be here the 9th and stay for 4 days.

Then I will be getting a new kitchen faucet in the rig put in with a sprayer. Finally found a place that will do the replacement. Right next to the dealership that does the oil & filter on Miss May. Normally only work on TT's but they will do this.

Otherwise, things are fine. Frank, you got A/C yet? Sure hope so. Popeye, how is your Momma? Gordon, sure hope they open the borders for you two and Ben & Barb to get through. Really looking forward to seeing everyone again. Only two months until we leave. It has flown by.

Better go, you all take care. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 02:01 PM   #19032

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ron,
I haven't looked at any sliders, the stock Rubicon ones do a good job. Rita has a good system worked out to get in and out. If I go to 35' tires, then I will look at those.
Lynne,
Yes we got our air back Thursday afternoon. It still heats up in here in the afternoon, but is acceptable with a fan going.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #19033

Terry
Dumb 'ol storm , lost it's sense of direction .....
The coast is over HERE !
Missed Lloyd and me but my bud in VA called me from his storm cellar this am and now it's going over you ?????
Can you smell whiskey on the wind??????

You didn't say but...
You must have the remod closed in !

Looks like I will be pulling a window or two here,,,,I can wait
I do have two new rolls of butyl ,,I wonder where they are
Old 08-04-2020, 04:50 PM   #19034

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Popeye, we're closed in, no problem there. This is a picture of the track of the storm, that green dot is my house, it past right over it, but we only got 3.76 inches of rain and a 31 mph wind gust, some areas got over 7 inches. Sun is shining right now. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200804_184159.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	295900
Old 08-04-2020, 05:43 PM   #19035

Gulf Streamers Club
I was looking at track and it looked like it was going over you. Glad y'all are OK and hope no damage sustained.

rsp
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:05 AM   #19036

Drinking first cup of coffee. Hot coffee. 52° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 75° with mostly sunny skies. Got part of house power washed, lawn mowed, dentist visit and picked up my Aunt for a few days stay yesterday. Going to work on some ceiling trim in main bathroom today.

Rail, got lots of flower pictures for Jira. Prayers sent. Share them with your friend on FB.

Lynne, finding a place with 2 bedroom home and enough land for a gun range will be hard find. At least down here. My son is looking for a similar place. No luck yet. After several years of looking. I am working on cleaning out my cellar. Not making much progress.

Popeye, glad hurricane missed you. Watch for a package of good weather on it's way to you.

Gordon, weed control with HOE reminds me of my childhood. Couple hours in the garden every week. But it was better than having to pull weeds.

Moose, have you cleaned radiator in your rig?

Terry, that's a lot of rain.

Llyod, make sure you do not fall in one of those ditches or ponds. Lots of stories on the tractor forum about doing that.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:19 AM   #19037

Good morning all!

Carolina Blue Sky, 70* headed for 87* today. 40% chance of T storms.

Frank, glad you are staying cool! I would imagine in those temps it is near impossible for the a/c to keep up. I know ours here works hard. Those sliders are very nice, we looked at them,,,,, but not cheap. I still plan to lead a A ride when we return for us guys to give it a try. Have one picked out.

Gordon, sounds like the garden is well watered! Do all Canadians have the same insurance? Meaning if you and Janet don't have coverage for a U.S. winter visit others do not as well?

Terry, you got plenty of water! I guess the schoharie creek behaved itself?

Don't have a rain gage here, but we got a pretty good soaking, however the worst was east of us.

Got a call last night, to paint 1,700' of fence, has 5 boards instead of 4. Owner asked for ASAP. Going to drive over and check out the job this morning. See what tarps we need and how access will be for the paint truck. Weather forecast for the next 8 days includes T storms, will have to see if we get a few dry days to beable to paint. (one day job, however fence must be dry)

Going to town this morning. Battery for the side x side died yesterday, need a/c filters for the house and paint for the gate.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:37 AM   #19038

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Lloyd, yup the schoharie behaved for once, LOL just pockets of damage, none here!
Old 08-05-2020, 08:16 AM   #19039

70* at sunrise , nothing but orb above.
All that's left of the wind is a 5-10 mph on shore from SxSW.

Rail+Jira
:la ugh::flowers :

All the wind last night made me dizzy.....???

Naaaaaaah , I need to compete with RonJH's real flowers somehow with a bunch of lame smilies.

A special blast from the past for all those in need of an ear worm today.....
If you're happy and you know it

:2fun ny:
Old 08-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #19040

Lynn, that last RV sounds like one I'd enjoy having. Since the price would be low and I can fix anything. And I enjoy tinkering with mechanical and electrical stuff. Would know what to do with myself if I didn't have anything to fix or upgrade.

Got my 20 year old Dodge washed yesterday. It drives like it was new since I rebuilt the front end. And looks almost new. Few door dings here and there, but not many. Not ready to replace it anytime soon, since I've only made one payment on it the entire time I've owned it. And proper maintenance $ is a small price to pay to have a truck as nice as this one.

My neighbor and I recharged the AC in it and it will freeze you put on high on a 100 degree day.

Now on to the next project!

Oh and I sold my dune buggy and they will be gone this weekend. Yea, more room in the shop.
The RV is getting high on the list of priorities, now that my pickup is back on the road and my feet are doing better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200803_164937.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	295987  
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote

« Total Rebuild | - »