Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2020, 04:11 AM   #19769

37+57* today Orb hiding behind clouds ...and for now FOG,,,again.

The sweepers started a dance troupe.
!

The banger band told me what to do with my parade (The Waveys said I should post all the thumb guys standing on their heads) but the "singer" showed up with his 3 fans...I think they just like to point and laugh.....

Instead , I thinksk I'll post a scary bar story for Halloweensk .

Lloyd
Grass growing is a gateway passtime , before you know it you'll be driving a combine !
Mow responsibly.

RonJH
You missed yesterday's parade by just a few minutes.
Try rolling over and hitting the snooze button a couple of times.....

(you did it again !)

Gordon
:n onono::non ono::nonon o: :n onono::non ono::nonon o: Na na na na na na I can't HEAR you !

Rail
Before the video cartoons popeye was in the "funny pages" for quite a while...so older than that !

A bit of music to end today's post , a soothing ear massage for bringing you back from the bar vid.
Over 17000 voice clips were sent in and mixed virtually as a choir..........
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2020, 04:15 AM   #19770

Got coffee started brewing. 38° with light rain. Heading to 47° with continued rain all day. Got leaves blown off back patio yesterday. Then stayed in and read a book all day. May do the same today. Cellar door project is still waiting.
Been watching this milk weed for a few days. It somehow closes up every night.

Curtis, great pictures. I fixed up my old trailer couple years ago. Worth the effort.

Llyod, my ears are not clearing up either. May need stronger meds. Good you and Gordon got to talk.

Gordon, wish I had a in with president. I would get all Canadians a 5 month leave of absence that wanted to head south for the winter. Do not have any input for your side of border either.

Popeye, the head bangers got me thinking how to cure my ear problems.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:20 AM   #19771

Good morning!

48* headed for 73*, Carolina Blue Sky.

Quick post, need to leave shortly for doctors visit.

Got all the grass cut, ditches mowed etc. Both neighbors and ours. Took most of the day.

Ears still a problem, see what doc says.

Gotta run!
Old 10-19-2020, 07:38 AM   #19772

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
So I'm out in my shop working on my trail trailer yesterday, a 1951 GMC pickup bed trailer I built when I was 16 to haul strawberries out if my garden I had at my Aunts Ranch, and I hear another multi engine radial airplane passing over the house.
(Wow, talk about a long sentence!)

So I grab my phone out of my back pocket and turn on the camera as I walk outside thinking I'm going to get a good picture of the B17 again. But nope, not a B17. It's a B29 this time.

We get a lot of fighters and trainers flying over us, and sometimes a Russian Trainer, and lots of Pitts Aerobatic planes, but WWII Bombers are a rarity. And for an old Air Force Brat who grew up on SAC Base, I consider an Old radial powered Bombers a treat.

I've lost count on how many nights sleep we lost as kids listening to Dad's B52 Squadrons take off because of a "Readiness Scramble". 52's are LOUD and sleeping while one is taking off at 3AM is hard enough, but imagine 24 at once. Rolling down the runway 1000 yard apart. And in full get off the ground, pedal to the metal takeoff mode!

So, hearing a chorus of radial engines is pure music to my ears. I love living out here with the little airport in my backyard! 3500 feet of grass runway. Heck one of my neighbors had a C47 for a while.

Thinking of taking my old trailer apart, unbolt all the panels apart and powder coating them all. And then rebuild the wood floor back then put it back together with some frame improvements.
Lots of rusted bolts on that old trailer. Kinda like me!

I love this old trailer because I was born in 1951 too!

I first built this trailer in 1966 from parts off my Aunts 2nd husband's old junker pickup he once drove on the ranch, but had parked it when the motor blew up. (He knew nothing about auto mechanics.)
(And he was her 2nd husband, because she lost her 1st husband (my Uncle Paul) in WWII. He died at the Battle of the Bulge. )
So when she died in 2012 her kids knew the connection I had with the old rusted trailer that just was sitting on her farm all broken down and rusting away unused... And it was only fair that they called me first and asked if I wanted it.
(I added the aluminum jeep fenders on it before my battle with cancer in 2017.)
It deserves proper makeover, don't you think?

Anyway, Good Morning Ya'll.

Good morning everyone. Curtis, tales of takeoffs from a SAC base sure brings back memories. I was at Offutt so no B52's there, but we had KC135 Boeing 707 fuel tankers taking off from there, water injection made a lot of black smoke and noise Love the picture of the bomber flying over your house. That is a different trailer than the one I saw in your garage right? That one had a steerable axle.

rsp
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:24 AM   #19773

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
All is well here. Still below seasonal temperatures and will be for a few more days. Makes the heat in Yuma all the more appealing.

Janet and I cleaned the brussel sprouts yesterday. And had some for dinner. Thought they were really good. Although not as big as the commercial ones I thought they were milder. Enjoyed them for dinner. And lots left for more dinners in the future.

Taking the carrots off today. Then the garden will be left until spring. Planted garlic the other day. Planted both the toes as well as seed several plants produced this summer. Not sure what the seed will do but hoping it germinates.

Talked to a border agent yesterday. He did not know if the border closure was going to be extended as they had been given no information. I am hopeful it means the closure will expire. Will call in a couple days to get the status. Meanwhile preparation to depart continue. Fingers crossed!

Just did a quick check. Canada announced border is closed until November 21 this morning.

Good luck with your doctors appointment Lloyd.

RonJ - hoping your ears clear up as well. May be prudent to see a doctor. Would not want to lose hearing. Not sure which of the senses would be worst to lose. Hearing, sight, taste give us some of the best experiences.

Curtis - liked the story. Most impressed with the casual comment that you turned the phone on as you walked out of the shop to take a photo. Your recovery must be going very well. That is great.

Sure is dark here in the mornings now. Summer time the sun is up at 4am. It is just starting to come up at 8am now. And we have cloud cover so it is still not very light at 9.

Predicting more flurries today.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:10 AM   #19774

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Things are going good at River's Edge. Happy Hour is now open and may even include some new friends. Met a guy named Eddie who flew in from Canada. He bought a permanent unit here last Spring so has the place to stay. He will fly home for Christmas and hopefully come back with his wife (who hates the heat) and his new four door Rubicon. Told him about the four wheelers and maybe he will join that too. Seems like a nice guy.

Gordon, your site is clean and waiting and will continue to be clean and waiting. Cleaned Bill's next door, then Pat & Jerry's, behind Ron's site, as well as Deb& Lloyd's, Chuck & Marilee's, and I plan to go to Karen & George's this week as they are on their way here via Grand Canyon and other destinations. Gives me something to do.

Supposed to cool off over the next week but Jerry & I have been enjoying the pool so don 't mind the heat.

RonS, some very pretty birds you have posted. Happy Birthday Popeye! Curtis, my Mom used to talk about the B-52's going overhead and the bombing that was going all around here during WWII. She was English and the bombs hit all around her. She used to talk about how the pilots strutted off the field. She said they were an arrogant bunch but they needed to be. Going up and fighting in what was effectively a tin can. So many of us have no idea what we owe our Veterans.

Well, better get outside and get some more cleaning done. Take care all and have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #19775

Alpine Owners Club
Well good afternoon everyone. For those of you getting ready to head to AZ I gotta say the weather is getting better and better every day!!

Today we're looking at an official high of 95* but I gotta say it is so nice inside and outside in the shade.....AMAZING!!! I just turned on the evaporative cooler for the first time today at 2:45 in the afternoon as the inside temp is just coming up in 79*........we are supposed to see 71* for a high a week from today

In any case, we were in town for a couple of days, as I mentioned we have a swap meet here in Havasu every Sunday, October - April. It's a great place to buy all kinds of stuff and I have been working there off and on for 3 years now talking to people about Real Estate, the state of the market, rentals, yada, yada. It's a great way to see past clients and meet new ones, not to mention a good way to use my coach for business

We go over to town on Saturday, park at the Swap Meet, go out for a nice dinner and then come home, watch a little tv and go to bed rested and relaxed for the next morning. The alternative is to get up early and be there no later than 5:30 so...........this works great for us!

I have a large Monitor on the side of the coach and play videos or can do property searches as well...........All in all we really enjoy this and as a huge Snowbird destination it's also a great place to meet potential clients

I promised to post up a picture so here goes......PS, only Realtor in town out there with an RV, in a town where more than 50% of the homes have RV garages

Cheers and I hope you all have an amazing day!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6155.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	299.0 KB
ID:	305302  
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:00 PM   #19776

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Well it going to happen
6_ta 8 inches of sno sno snow
Starts tomorrow

Tim here i broke myy phone so here on Joes dime
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:59 PM   #19777

Good Morning all.

Called pain management today. Said I would have to pay my $35.00 copay and come in if i wanted to get my neck MRI results. I will just wait until i get the report in the mail. Got my Thyroid sonogram in the mail today. Apt. with ENT on WED. It has doubled in size from three years ago. No point in doing a biopsy. Just take it out. DH shut the outside water off and removed the box of lawncare stuff from the bed of the truck. Thursday should be rain free.He needs to install the fence around the front flower bed. We haven't had the first frost yet. Picked the last zuccine from the garden. Quite a few big tomatoes still on the vines. DH has been having the eye sensation like something was in his eye. Decided to try benadryl and it felt better. Needs to get some more from the drug store. Gordon sorry the border is still closed. I don't think it will be open for quite a few months. Sorry to be a Debbie downer. Take care all. Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:30 AM   #19778

Frist cup of coffee has been poured. 37° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 53° with sun then clouds in afternoon. Yesterday was another conserve energy day. Feel better but right ear is still a problem. Have a call into Dr. Hope to work on cellar door today.
There has been a lot of action at birdfeeders. Pictures like this one show how low my camera skills are. Right one is out of focus. Tufted Titmouse.

Gordon, border opening is not looking good.

Llyod, hope you got some help from Dr.

Ann, hope your Dr has a good plan for your health.

Lynne, keeping busy is good for all of us.

Tim, say it isn't so. Snow.

Paul, nice realtor setup.

Popeye, no flowers?

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:41 AM   #19779

Good morning all!

Dark out, 50*, should be Carolina Blue Sky till around 3pm, then clouds moving in. High 77*.

Paul, nice setup. Looks very comfy and business like! Guess your using your solar there? No hookups?

Good doctors visit, of course got a speach on weight. Gotta work harder on that. Blood work taken, results will take a few days. He said ears look a little better to him. When looking in he puts a puff of air in and looks for movement. None in right ear, a tiny bit in left. Plan is to continue as is for 2 more weeks, if no improvement he will write me a prescription. Ringing very loudly this am, up at 5:30.

Tim, yikes! Too early for that.

Lynne, thanks for the site cleanup! Happy hour sounds nice. Missing it. Did your tracker start right up after the long summer sitting?

Rail, how is Jira doing? Lost track, is she thru all the treatments?

Bicycles loaded on the rack on the truck. Later this morning we are going to drive about 80 miles to Greenville S.C.. There is a 20 mile bike path that goes from there to Travelers Rest SC. It is called the Swamp Rabbit trail,,,, named after a rabbit that is in the area. Will ride to Travelers Rest, have lunch and ride back.

Planned a family get together for Sunday, included a few close friends. Potluck dinner in the barn and some competition on the range. Of course right after planning it last 2 days they keep increasing the chance for rain on Sunday

Have a great day all!
Old 10-20-2020, 05:42 AM   #19780

58* rain

By request , flowers and dancers.

Old 10-20-2020, 07:31 AM   #19781

Alpine Owners Club
Good morning everyone.......wow is all I can say about the amazing weather here now......start heading to AZ everyone!!!

Lloyd, you are correct I do this with our solar/battery system with no issues!

interestingly enough there are actually 20/30/50 Amp plugs directly behind us that are used by other folks (Coffee cart, mobile barbershop, etc...) but we are just fine with our self-contained system. This week our overnight use took us down to 70% but even after making coffee with the Keurig in the morning and a little microwave for breakfast we were back to 90% by the time we packed up at 1 PM .......hey I saved $5 by not plugging in

The lake is absolutely beautiful this morning looks like a sheet of glass!!

hope you all have an amazing day.......make it your best ever
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:10 AM   #19782

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!

Lloyd, Jira is getting back to being her old self! She is done with the chemo!
Been raining for days here, and has cooled off drastically! Lows 70, highs mid 80's! The Wang river a few blocks down the street is running very fast! We are very lucky we have very high banks and a very wide channel here in Lampang, those down stream are not so lucky!
Dental is coming alone nicely!
Everyone hurting, prayers!
Paul, nice setup!
Lynne and Jerry, enjoy!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!