Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2020, 04:17 AM   #19867

Drinking first cup of hot coffee. 24° with a bright full moon lit morning. Heading to 48° with some clouds. Got my shopping done yesterday.
I made my own wine for years. Using concentrate from Canadian wine making shops. Made my last batch in 2012. Lifting 6 gallon carboys of wine was to much for my back. So all the equipment has been setting in cellar. Door project got me to move it all and decided to sell it. Made a nice ad on Facebook Marketplace. But reviewers would not approve it. Another stupid social media blockage. So Thursday I cheated and ask anyone if they wanted any the 100 empty wine bottles I had. Plus a picture of some of the equipment on local village Facebook page. The bottles were free. Equipment, ask for more info. Lasted 10 hours. One of my neighbors texted me early yesterday morning. How much? Deal made and it is all gone into his basement.
May get mower and Trak-Vac out to clean some leaves today.
This is the Guard Squirrel at my feeders. Chases all away except Sandhill Cranes and Blackbirds.

Rail, good luck with bird picture. I will not tell you how many pictures I take to get the one that is good enough to post.

Gordon, chocolate chip zucchini loaf sound good.

Popeye, crank up the hand generator. Need 12.7 volts.

Lloyd, have a great ride today.

Curtis, hope your feet get some relief. I found some Sketcher Go Walk shoes on Costco. They have helped with my feet pain. I use one pair in house for slippers.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2020, 08:28 AM   #19868

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!
Well I went out on the balcony to get a bird pic, none around, but a whole bunch of bees! So, I retreated back in! I did take a pic of my breakfast today, chicken [emoji215] on a stick with rice! Good ! Rail!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201031_095048984.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	306535
Old 10-31-2020, 09:24 AM   #19869

Alpine Owners Club
Good morning everyone...58* today going to 82* later this afternoon!!

Well, it's going to be a very busy day today.

I have to head over to town this morning with the boat and take it out of the water (by myself). The boat is going off to the upholstery shop for a much-needed carpet replacement after 10 years of pretty good use and she stays in the water most of the time. Looks like we're going to replace the carpet in this pontoon boat with the newer synthetic material they are using that actually looks like wood although it's made specifically for boats. The hope is that it will not collect dust like carpet and will be easy to wash down.....stay tuned.

Then once I get it dropped off at the shop it's off to get the motorhome and drive over to my buddy's house to help him load the race trailer with our outdoor pub materials, 6, TV's, a completely self-contained bar, 8 tap keg-a-rater, margarita machine and all the goodies for the daily Bloody Mary/Mimosa bar. Now if it sounds like this is nothing but an alcohol fest let me get one thing straight....................IT IS

Tomorrow we caravan to a location just outside the track and we'll be the first ones in the gate on Monday at 8 AM so we can hopefully be set-up by early afternoon.......I'll see if I can get some pics as we put things together, it's really quite an orchestrated thing to get everything put together!

All in all it's really a pretty cool deal as the track in PHX now has some camping spots that are literally right on the track with the cars passing about 20 - 25' right from the front of our coach

Oh well, I better get going it's going to be a busy day.....Here's a little diddy the wife put together from the first race this year in March (last pre-covid race.)

Cheers!

2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:30 AM   #19870

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Another lovely day is starting. Today may be clear. Cloudy most of yesterday with a nice rain in the afternoon. Around dinner time the rain turned to large fluffy flakes for a few brief moments. You know those big flakes that just float down and are featured on many of the Christmas Bing Crosby movies. Only lasted for a few flakes and then stopped.

Perfect formation Popeye. The entire cast fit on the screen. I watched them for quite a while and the choreography was flawless. Could be entered in a synchronization event at the Olympics!

Stan - once again your meal has made me hungry. I am going to get cereal and banana for breakfast. Wont be long before I will start considering having warm cereal for breakfast. Been years since I have done that.

Interesting. The tap in the shower was leaking. Needs a new cartridge. Could not find the Owners manual for the tap and there are lots of cartridges that could potentially fit so I called the Delta people to ask them what cartridge to use. After being on hold for a while a very nice lady helped me determine the correct cartridge. And she is sending a replacement for free! Bonus.

Ron - I was looking at our leaves this morning and thinking the same thing about picking them up. But the bagger was cleaned and put away and it is way behind to the leaves will have to stay there until spring.

Safe ride Lloyd.

Have a wonderful day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:50 PM   #19871

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Well went to see the vampire nurses this morning, for my three month blood work test! And right next door to the clinic was a older lady that sells chicken with rice, and soup for 35 baht! Man was it good! This chicken was steamed, not deep fried like yesterdays chicken on a stick! Much better for you!
Tomorrow Jira and I are going to take the Everest to a auto detailer/body shop, that will clay bar then ceramic coat our 2016 Ford Everest that we bought new!
It is a aluminum metallic paint color, and still shines very good, but it needs a good cleaning and buffing, and this shop is who the Ford dealer recommended!

Gordon, i usually eat oatmeal W/bananas and raisins and honey and cinnamon! I like a nice hot breakfast! I will eat cold cereal on occasion!

Man the blue moon was very bright last night, and i was glad the clouds cleared and we got to see it! I think you could get a moon burn, it was so bright! Also it was Loy Kathrong festival here so there were the candle powered hot air lanterns floating up, up and away last night too!

Paul, nice video your wife put together, looks like a great time was had by all!
And hanging with Jeff Gordon too! I liked, commented, and subscribed!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 11-01-2020, 04:04 AM   #19872

Poured first cup of coffee. 43° with rain this morning. Heading to near freezing by evening with winds 30mph. Yesterday was a conserve energy day. Low over night temperature made leaves fall like is was snowing gold leaves. Attached is the best picture I took of it. Have 2 more clocks and all smoke/CO detectors to change batteries in today. Also need to do car clock.

Paul, great video. I attend several PIR races over the years. Always thought it would be neat to park motorhome along back stretch to watch races.

Rail, vampire nurses. I did mine a couple of weeks ago. Hope your report is as good as mine were. My wife called her Hematologist Dr. Count Dracula. He liked that name.

Popeye, the head knockers must have a head ache trying to keep in step with dancers.

Gordon, good only a few flakes fell.

Prayers and best wishes for everyone.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:16 AM   #19873

37* , rain for the next few days...
I'm already at the point that 50s sounds like a heat wave...

The entire crew was out all night,,,,,
looking for the Blue Moon !
Clouds. suck !
The Waveys are out looking for someone to complain to about it.
I tried to tell them, but after their last show their heads were stretching the 'ol ballcap (If yuz know what I mean...........) And they figured they could make the clouds move out by finding the right place to ask....

Rail
I look at your food pics as I load up on my morning pile of calories.
And I'm thinkin'......
What's the radius for delivery at that place ?

Good thing you live in the tropics .
I'd guess....those candle lanterns would cause a lot of problems without so much rain !

paul
I never thought of my set ups as "orchestrated" but you are right.
There was a certain structure and sequence.

Gordon
Hope today's production fits again.....
No promises on future shows !

RonJH
"Most" people will automatically move to the beat..
Then there are those that REALLY can't !
Those headbangers just showed up that way and the dancers figured they'd just follow rather than trying to get the bangers to sync to them !

It worked for a while but the constantly changing time signatures eventually broke them all and they are out today because they need to re-set their internal clocks..........well , that and they were kicking each other constantly being out of step ! You must have missed that ?

Funny to watch from here though....
Old 11-01-2020, 06:37 AM   #19874

Alpine Owners Club
Good morning everyone.....Gonna be a great day to go Racing!!!

Rail.......Vampire Nurses

We were at it last night till about 10:30, loading the trailer.....few more things to go this morning including our mascot.....(stay tuned)

Wishing you all a wonderful day, hope you make it your best ever!!
Old 11-01-2020, 08:16 AM   #19875

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Another Halloween done. Had some ghosty goblins come by for treats. Still some treats left for me to work on. All in all a great success. Temperature was very nice for the kiddies to be out and about. Distancing and masks on our part.

Did not freeze overnight. Today is supposed to be quite warm and tomorrow even warmer. Will be nice until about Wednesday when it is predicted to return to average temperatures for the season.

Only 21 days left until the current border closure expires. Not looking good at the moment to expect they will not extend. One positive thing is our insurance company has made a covid rider available. Have not investigated the cost but will be checking soon.

Lloyd posted a bunch of pictures of his motorcycle trip. Looks like they are having a great time.

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:57 AM   #19876

39* w/ high of 40* and cloudy wind gusts as much as 35kts and
rain is .....done....for now. Ground still wet but bare..

was that one too tall Gordon ?

The whole crew has belly aches from gorging on their trick or treats all day yesterday..Wavey's cousin Wavey and a couple of the others are diabetic so that's today's lineup...The flower lady doesn't like chocolate ??? and is trying to lose weight so she'showed up or this would have been a waste of time...

Gordon
3 more weeks ????
You might have to weld the plow blade to the RV till you get to AZ.
Thx for the Lloyd update , popeye isn't on Facecrook....
I forgot this on Friday so just have one more thing to say..
Adding chocolate and more chocolate to zucchini is always a good choice ,,,my suggestion is maybe replace the zucchini with chocolate too and make the recipe perfect ?

paul
Don't forget the earplugs !
Old 11-02-2020, 03:35 AM   #19877

Coffee finished brewing. 26° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 47° with partly cloudy skies. Lots of brisk winds yesterday. Blew a large amount of leaves off trees and into field to the East. So need to get mower and Trak-Vac out. More wind today. Nothing on my list today.
Caught the moon as it was heading behind a cloud yesterday evening.

Popeye, the pole almost did not fit on my 24" monitor screen.

Gordon, send your warm temperatures this way. Looked at 10 day forecast. We may see 70° by Sunday.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:39 AM   #19878

Good morning all!

37* here, headed for 55*. The low this morning was 34*. First time in the 30's this fall. Forecasted to warm up all week, mid 70's by Thursday.

Rail, fingers crossed the blood work comes back great!!!!

Gordon, we miss having trick or treaters, none come to this house. Too remote. Deb did get to go with Thomas. I didn't get back till late from the DS ride, stopped and had dinner with my brother.

Popeye, it all works for me if I go portrait on my tablet!

Ronj, getting pretty chill at your place. 20's is serious.

Paul, curious to the turnout for the Nascar race. With covid and loss of popularity wondering how it all comes together.

Yesterday after spending the morning cleaning gear (we found some mud, imagine that!), cleaning the bike and putting it away for the season, and the trailer..... I started back to work on the coach. Filled the water tank with a Clorox mix, and ran it thru the pipes as part of my annual practice. Will let it sit till closer to departure next week.

13 days till departure!

Despite the high of 55*, going to wash the coach today. Prep for waxing later in the week. Well, actually sealing.

All the parts and peaces are here for R/O system rebuild, some assembly needed to have it ready for hookup in Yuma. Saving that for a cannot, do not want, to work out doors day.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-02-2020, 05:55 AM   #19879

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Beautiful weekend weather here. I was outside from 9am to 5pm, High was mid 70's. Same today. Dermatologist this morning. Routine. Clear coat on front cap of coach this afternoon. Eye doctor Wednesday for new glasses. Then going to visit sister this coming weekend. Brother will be there too.

Time to hit the road Everyone stay safe out there. And stay well

rsp
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:56 AM   #19880

Alpine Owners Club
Well good morning from Phoenix, AZ (Goodyear actually). We're camped about 4 miles outside the entrance to the track and the gates will be open at 8 MST or just a little over 2 hours from now

We arrived yesterday without incident....well until we arrived that is. After shutting down I went to reposition the coach and the engine wouldn't crank over.....This after a 3-hour drive with the alternator functioning properly!!

After a bunch of testing last night I think I have a bad Starting battery, or both most likely. Pretty sure I have a short as any type of load kicks it off completely but the house batteries are fine........this of course is all a bit complicated by a 24V house battery system with only 150A available from the 12V bus after the converter..... so boosting to start is very limited.

Oh well, at least I'm in Phoenix and have a bunch of folks that have vehicles I can use to make a battery run for replacement(s) if that's what turns out to be the issue. We're going to try a jump start this morning and then drive to the track where we'll plug into 50A shore power for the week.

In any case, keep your fingers crossed as I'm waiting for my campmates to wake and give it a try!

Hoping everyone has an amazing day....make it your best one yet!!