Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2020, 04:19 AM   #20105

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Beautiful weather still holding thru Thanksgiving. Cooler after that. Probably driving to sister's on Thanksgiving. Brother will be driving there tomorrow. Today I go to eye doctor for another drill job on eyeball, this time the left one. Then drive to Splendora to pick up Tracker after its transmission rebuild. 175 miles to Splendora. Going to be a long day. Pebbles will help. Tomorrow will finish packing everything for my winter transition North. Yesterday got coach rear dual tires balanced. Did not feel much difference when driving back to house. Tightening up steering did seem to help. Fueled up also. Will fuel in Fort Stockton and Tucson. El Paso is half way but will not fuel there because of Covid hot spot. 5am here and temps are above 60F. Long range weather forecast shows no freezing temps on my transition.

Need to pay some bills, get a little breakfast, prepare for the day. Stay safe out there.

rsp
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2020, 06:09 AM   #20106

-------
-------
-------

-------
-------
-------

Today started off as usual, but didn't let that stop me.......
Something new though.

After the show was put together , a bright light appeared in the middle of it all ,,,,and there they were !
Martians vs. Waveites tug O war !!!!!
The referees were in the middle of it all but nobody paid any attention to them !
I didn't have Wavey here to translate but it seems they were fighting for the "BIG PRIZE" .....?????
Something about who gets to rule the planet .

I hope the Waveites win.....
Those green guys like to play with their eliminators too much......

Lloyd
Looks like never a moment for ice cream.....
You're always on the go !
I was thinking of awarding an "Official Club Title"
of "Eveready" but decided "Go Go Gadget" was more fitting.

Congratulations.
And may the bill collectors never catch up !

T W O h s,,,,P. O.

Charlie

It sounds like you have a nice new home.

Tell that gang that beat you up , you didn't smell anything burning , get it right this time ,, or I'll open a can of spinach on 'em.

Hope the Newmar sells quick so you can get your new home just right and pick up it's replacement toy.

Gordon
Scroll with the other finger once in a while,,,,,spread out the wear..

RonJH
Same advice^ on scrolling...

I think you need to go out to the barn and open up some boxes
too !!!!!!

Rail
All that luxury and you're still worn out ????

Guess you'll have to go back to build up your stamina.

RonS
You're going quite a bit yourself !
Balancing the tranny and rebuilding tires sounds very complicated .. don't get them mixed up !
Ask Pebbles if you get confused .
She's as sharp as her teeth are.......

The weather reports sure sound good from here !
It's TOOOOOOOOOOOO Cooooooooooooold for my preference.
You may see me out on the side of the road out around Sierra Blanca on that expedition of yours ....stop and pick me up and I'll buy the Shiner B !

If I'm NOT there ,,,would you mind a short detour to Maine ???????
You did say you're taking the Northern route right ?
Old 11-24-2020, 07:47 AM   #20107

Godd morning all!

54* headed for 75*. Sunny day expected.

Charlie, house sounds great. Best of luck with sale and move. Got a hitch on the Jeep? Maybe rent a small uhaul trailer for a day or so. Skip the lifting on the roof.

RonS, looking forward to your arrival. Hope Tracker is ready and runs like a champ. Any chance you get here nefore the 5th??? The 5th is the Yuma 4x4 club toy run.

RonJ, sounding very wintery around your place, Popeye your place also. Gordon lives in winter!!!!

I did have a slow day yesterday. Did a few small odds and ends things, and then just hungout all day.

This morning we have the wash crew coming at 9am. There are about 7,823,438,567 dead bugs on the front and some road dirt on the rest of the coach. They will make quick work of that.

Park is serving turkey dinner with everything thanksgiving day. $3 a person. You can pickup in to-go box and take back to your site. That is our plan. Deb got a turkey breast, we will cook another day so we can have sandwhiches etc..

Have a great day all!
Old 11-24-2020, 08:24 AM   #20108

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Warmer here this morning and for the next few days. Supposed to get slightly above freezing. Just enough so the streets are really sloppy. I do not go out much so the truck will stay clean during this warm spell.

The window replacement is supposed to happen this morning. Had one of our windows lose the seal and it will be replaced today. They called and asked when I would like it done and I said I would be home all day come at your convenience. This may help them to optimize their route.

Popeye - I have been using other fingers as well as trying the voice activation and control. It is working well. I have been able to remove the tennis elbow brace and am now able to lift both arms above my shoulders. Let the force be with me.

Charlie and Martha. Congratulations on the new house. I like Lloyds idea of a trailer rental. Lifting anything on to the rails on top of a SUV could be perilous. Getting any weight above your head in awkward positions is not a good idea. I put the ski box on top of the car each year and find I am liking it less and less. Have not bashed anything yet but I can see it is going to happen.

RonS - good packing for the trip to Yuma. Wish we would be there to greet you on arrival.

Lloyd - sounds like a lot of bugs have been removed from the biomass. How did the meeting go with the trailer parking? Hopefully they will get whatever permits are required and fence the additional area. A separate enclosure inside the parking area for the park shop would be a good idea. Having everything locked at 5 when they go home is very inconvenient unless security can let us in later.

We are having a rise in the number of positive cases in the province. They are supposed to announce new measures to lower the transmission rate. Some say they are going to close everything that is non essential. Scary when the government decides what is essential and what we are allowed to do. I know they think they are looking after our best interests but at the same time there are all kinds of psychiatrists and mental health "experts" saying we are experiencing much higher side effects. Don't know what the future history will write of this pandemic.

We just want the border to open!!

Have a great day.

May the best of your today be the worst of your tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:39 AM   #20109

Yesterday Glenda made us some fire in a bottle, aka Habanero Mango Salsa.

A little bit will do you, "good stuff!"

A little bit more and it's ''OH STUFF!!!!!!!"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DFB98829-D523-4962-931C-BB2220C4FC10_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	242.9 KB
ID:	309131  
Old 11-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #20110

Charlie, your local TSC (Tractor Supply) rents out small open trailers at a very reasonable price, if the Jeep has a hitch.

The neighbor that I helped with the fence and now feed his goats called yesterday, him, his wife, and 4 yr old all have Covid, mild symptoms to far.

A very good Arizona friend had their 18 yr old granddaughter over last Thursday to wash the windows for some extra money. Saturday granddaughter had a high temp and was tested positive. Friend has had breathing issues since childhood, 71 yrs old now.

It's everywhere! It's everywhere!

Everyone be careful and be kind. This might be the last time you see someone and you sure as heck don't want them taking a grudge into the hereafter.
Old 11-24-2020, 10:15 AM   #20111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
I modified an aluminum car trailer to haul a gyro made in Austria. I got to meet the mechanics/engineers when they did the assembly and finishing up for the client. If you see one there wrapped up to look government surveillance machine owned by a salesman’s salesman you might be able to talk him into a ride. He bought in as the distributor for four or five states.

I wasn’t interested in a ride even after meeting the techs and watching the videos, crotch rocket not needing asphalt. Passenger rides in the nose with the pilot sitting up and behind them. Wouldn’t work for me, want to be the pilot or walk.
Apparently your Guy didn't show up Harvey. The Fly In was more like a parking lot full of Car Guys meet up than a Commercialized Fly In with Vendors and such. So it was a lot more relaxed and people were very friedly. Especially when they found out we flew in from DFW area to be there.

I actually got to ride in two Gyros. Both tandum seaters & open cockpits, and both with Rotax 914 Turbo Motors. Only one was a stainless frame and the other a titaniaum. And the Pilots were as different as night and day.

Flew the back seat on Friday at sunset and went high to watch the sun go down. Got up to 2500 feet and saw most of South East Houston and Baytown. See picture.
He let me touch the controls to get the feel of the machine.
A kinda boringly long story, I'll stop here.

BUT Saturday, I flew in the pilots seat, up front, and actually got to spend 30~ 45 minutes flying the thing. As in, at the controls and went where I wanted. The pilot made some suggestions for stuff that he thought I'd enjoy doing. So I did some of them. We went over the Marshes and I chased Alligators. Really! Saw 2.

We even hunted wild pigs, but were never able to scare any up. Tracks in the beach sand everywhere, but we just couldn't get low enough to spook them out of the bushes.
Seagulls and Cranes got scattered and we got to wave a little kids on the beach and people riding in their fishing boats.(Altitude 65 feet!) I even got to fly along the coast to view the damage from their last hurricane.

Then the pilot asked if he could have his controls back, cuz he wanted to treat me to some "Special Flying Tricks".... Didn't want to relinquish the controls, but he promised I wouldn''t be bored. This guy was GOOD! We hovered, (while losing altitude of course) and even flew into the wind so slow we flew backwards. Litterally! (I was watching the #'s painted on the runway and we were actually backing up.)

He did snap turns and some power off landings. Even touched down with no hands on the controls. Just feet on the rudders. That second day we never got over 750 feet off the ground, max altitude. Imagine flying in an aircraft that flew straight and level without you touching the controls. Just using the rudders to keep your heading and throttle to maintain altitude.

Talk about Airborne Crotch Rockets. That's exactly what they were.

The Sunset Ride was nice, but I could chase alligators all day.
Zigging and zagging around and quick "U" turns that would make most peope dizzy.

We even hunted wild pigs, but were never able to scare any up. Tracks in the beach sand everywhere, but we just couldn't get low enough to spook them out of the bushes.

These was more fun than the day I hired a helicopter and pilot in Kuaii to fly Melissa and I around the island in a Hughes 4000 helicopter with the doors off. Another long story I won't go into here.

I was bummed out to have to give it up and go home. I felt like a kid again riding my Dad's motorcycle I had snuck off on. I think I found a new hobby.

We caught a tail wind coming home in the Cessna and got home in 2 hours. And it was broken clouds. Which was a nice change, as our flight down was an IFR flight in clouds fighting a brutal head wind, updrafts and icing on the wings. Almost 3 hours of that, and we were both worn out by the time we landed at Baytown.

Funny thing, Gyros don't have the same issues with windy conditioins like fixed wings do.
I could go on and on, but I'm sure most of you have stopped reading this drivel by now.

Just know I had a blast and survived it all.
Looking forward to doing it again. My dream is to buiild a trailer where I can bring it behind the RV and go explore the screnery where ever we camp out at.

My buddy took a bunch of pictures and videos of us taking off and landing. Shame he had his camera sideways! (He hasn't sent but that one picture so far. I'll post up more later.)

I was too busy learning to fly the dang thing to even think of a camera.BIG GRIN!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0392.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	444.1 KB
ID:	309135  
Old 11-24-2020, 12:35 PM   #20112

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi,

Been a while. Just got done with laundry and talked a bit with Lloyd & Deb and then Chuck & Marilee. They were heading out to shuffleboard so I walked Petunia. She didn't know what to think when they left and drove off. Poor pooch.

Talked with Frank a bit too. It is good to be able to walk over and have some conversation with friends. Miss our Canadian friends but cannot imagine how hard it must be on them. Lloyd & Deb went through that when they had the wreck with their rig and the LONNNNGGGG body shop experience.

The plan with the trailer parking is pretty much the same. They (PLAN) to build a new gate along the opening of the lot behind the guard shack but when they will get the permits to do so is unknown at this time.

RonS, we are ready for you & Pebbles to arrive. We're having Thanksgiving dinner with friends either at Deb & Lloyd's or here depending on the wind since Lloyd's wind break isn't there yet.

We purchased a firepit that works off propane. Plan to have a firepit night after stuffing ourselves with turkey and other items. We will also have a turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, pie, jellos, and various other goodies that we will make because Thanksgiving is not the same without munching all day the next day.

I have been driving the Tracker to get a bit more experience. I made so many mistakes last year but have spent some time with Chuck in the Tracker or with the radio where I am learning. I am not ready for big rocks and hills and never will do those. Just not me.

Hope you all are doing well and that you have a great Thanksgiving. Stay safe. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:25 AM   #20113

Happy Thanksgiving to all my camping friends.

Cooked mashed potatoes and yams today. Wednesday my neighbors are coming over for dinner. Things i can easily heat up. Last week my neighbor cooked a Thanksgiving meal and sent over food. Her daughter is so cute at six years old. Missing front teeth and still wants to eat corn on the cob. Her brother is 12yrs. old. I gave their Christmas presents early. Board games and a tool box with screwdrivers and flashlights. I figured they get too many gifts on Christmas. They frequently come over and play board games. I'm the snack spoiling "Grandmother".
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:26 AM   #20114

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Afternoon, Everyone! Coffee [emoji477] is still good!
Just got home from the hospital, to see the Dr. about the blood test results! Negative on the HepC. Everything else was Ok, so blamed the elevated enzyme levels on the CBD oil and the THC oil! Got the "do more exercise" speech, and will have Jira on my a** about this! I go back to BKK, and Sirija Hospital in January, for a CT scan, and to see the Dr. Yeah?!
We stopped by Macro, (like a Sam's Club) on the way home, and bought some fixing's for my nachos and burritos, and went to the seafood section to buy a grouper. Check out those giant Groupers, Jira's hand is 6" from wrist to finger tip, so this Grouper was 24" long or more, and very thick! And he was not the biggest one, there was one that was at the prep station, that was 3' long +!
The one we bought looked so little!
The seafood section is huge, 30'X30', maybe bigger!
Everyone have a great day! Rail! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201125_131438829_HDR.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	309224
Old 11-25-2020, 04:03 AM   #20115

Frist cup of coffee is cooling. 36° with light rain this morning. Heading to 47° with off and on rain. Got some of my winter prep done yesterday. Tractor still waiting to have snow blade put on and greased. No rush. No snow forecast until later next week. May get Christmas tree up today. No other plans.

Curtis, what a great experience.

Lynne, best part of being a Snowbird. Visiting with fellow Snowbirds.

Rail, good Dr reports. Good seafood area. Can you go fishing over there.

Popeye, all the boxes are getting wet. I had to use side movement of scroll wheel to get whole show. More popcorn.

Harvey, be carful. Go with the OH STUFF!!!!!!! Many be the much needed Vaccine.

Charlie, I am with the others. Rent a trailer or small van.

RonS, hope eye Dr visit went well. Trip to pick up Tracker also.

Gordon, warmer weather. Above freezing?

Llyod, leaving that many bug on front would protect MH for trip home.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:45 AM   #20116

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Cool front here this morning. Winds N @ 15. 55F. 78F tomorrow, then cooling to around 60F thru next Tuesday. Finish loading and packing today. Leaving tomorrow for sister's place 80 miles north of here. 5 sleeps there and leaving Tuesday morning, Dec 1 for remainder of my trip north for the winter. Long term weather forecasts show departing temps from sistAer's will be around 30F with a headwind. Coldest morning of the trip to Arizona. Looking forward to a good visit with sister and brother. And sister's son and DIL.

Long day yesterday. Woke up at 3am. Could not go back to sleep. Eye doctor appointment went fine. Got left eye drilled without incident or discomfort. Drove 3.5 hours to pick up Tracker after trans rebuild and new clutch. Trans is fine, clutch is dreadful. Had spoken with shop owner and said I needed a smooth clutch for the mild rock crawling we are doing in the deserts of AZ and CA. This clutch is extremely grabby, shakes whole truck. Already needs to be adjusted. Shop owner and tech said it will get better. I am not happy with new clutch. Or with this shop. We will see if it gets better with use.

Time to get after it. Lots to do today. Stay safe. Virtual hugs to everyone.

rsp
Old 11-25-2020, 08:54 AM   #20117

Good morning all!

54* headed for 75* today, mostly sunny!

Curtis, sounds like a fun time. I helped a friend build a Benson Gyro back in the 80's. Then operated the tow vehicle while he take off and landings before his first solo.

Gordon, I have not seen Charlie since Monday meeting, will ask timeline when I do. Want to talk to him about a idea i have, currently they have me parked backed up to the fence at a 90 degree angle. Want to suggest we angle in, thereby could back in the lot with our coach and hookup trailer. Currently would not beable to do that.

RonS, sure hope the clutch breaks in nicely. Glad the transmission noise is gone. Did you see my note the other day? Any chance you can get here for the toy run on the 5th???

Ronj, yup winter at your house!

Coach wash went well. They did a great job. Said they have been pretty busy despite all the stuff going on.

While talking to the activities director here in the park about posting our off road rides on Sunday on the park calendar,,,,, got invited to help him setup a Facebook group for the RE activities. Built it and it is up and running. Gordon, Ron, you can find it at Rivers Edge RV Resort Activities. Click to join group, no approvals needed. Only the admin can post, but much better than the old paper calendar.

Well, Deb just left for water aerobics, I need to get going and get a few things done.

Have a great day all!
Old 11-25-2020, 10:00 AM   #20118

Gulf Streamers Club
Lloyd, schedule right now is reservations at Tucson KOA for nights of Dec 3 and 4. Then drive into RE on Sat Dec 5. Will see but will probably keep with that schedule. I think you said there will be several trails depending on capability of your ride? What group will you be riding with? Are others from RE going to be riding also?

rsp